Did ya learn anything in Week One?

All these years I've been calling Jeff fisher worst coach I've ever seen may have been a understatement. Doesn't matter they were playing worst team in NFL that best rams offense has looked since greatest show years.

Jets Super Bowl odds represent insane value compared to colts!

Already suspected this but think philly will emerge as best team in east not named cowboys. Really didn't buy wentz when they drafted him but convinced now they made right move.

NFL made a great decision letting teams move away from loyal markets so they could play in front of hundreds of fans in LA.

Head coach might be a bigger problem in Houston than the revolving qb carousel.

Titans coaching staff can't call a game for shit. From the genius decision to on side kick to start game, to the uninspired play calling throughout, and the terrible play call to run that silly pitch on 3rd and short in red zone that left them settling for a fg, incredibly unimpressed w the game plan overall.

1. No Duane Brown, fade Houston; also emotions should be a smaller beta in your equation if your capping includes it..
  2. Rams needed a HC, BUT prior to the Goff era they weren't going to be this efficient in STL on offense either way. Without being so bad they aren't in line for Goff either.
  3. New year, same Gigantes...Eli looked terrible last night..
  4. Dallas still has the best OL it seems
  5. Lynch looked pretty damn good for week 1
  6. Oakland needs to worry about their defense, can't try to outscore their oppss
  7. Seattle defense going to be fastttt (as long as they aren't getting ejected for phantom punches)

I learned not to gamble when not fully prepared.

And didn't get to see the game but geez Dalton and the Bengals. 4 picks.

It goes without saying, but the biggest takeaway should be not to overreact to week 1. There are definitely some things to keep an eye on, but in the end of the day, it was one game. Look for value in week 2 lines based on overreactions.

Week 1 lines based on last year perception. Both superbowl contenders failed to cover. The garbage bins tended to cover--Bears, Jets (depending on number) Jags won su (woo!) Browns

It goes without saying, but the biggest takeaway should be not to overreact to week 1. There are definitely some things to keep an eye on, but in the end of the day, it was one game. Look for value in week 2 lines based on overreactions.

Week 2 usually so easy as you can pretty much fade all the ridiculous overreacting w value all over the place on anyone who looked terrible week 1.. unfortunately 2 of the bigger disappointments play each other and on Thursday night no less!

What a complete clusterfuck. As always, defense way ahead of offense right now

THIS THIS THIS

Not letting anyone take reps offensively clearly showed yesterday. Only 5 teams hit 24 points. Giants had 3, Texans, 7, 49ers 3, Jets 12, Bengals 0, Colts 9

Not letting these high paid guys get prepped for the season during preseason in a rhythm offense sport (at least for most) is killing these teams early on in how they develop and yesterday it showed. Lack of points is not something the league wants, and to be frank, the games yesterday across the board were as bad as I can ever remember for a week 1.

The games were awful yesterday. I've never seen as boring of a week one. I'm curious on difference in number of plays with the emphasis on speeding up games...

Always astonished at the lack of even mediocre QBs that many teams field. The following QBs saw extensive action yesterday (points scored):

Brian Hoyer (3)
Josh McCown (12)
Tom Savage (0)
Mike Glennon (17)
Scott Tolzien (3)

Kudos to Houston for moving quickly to Watson. He will be fun to watch. Texans have weapons to help him.

Two other QBs that probably need to be replaced:
Blake Bortles (11-21 for 125 with a legit RB on board. He still doesn't see the field. One play that stood out was in the redzone, Fournette slipped out to the left and was left uncovered as a safety valve, likely would've scored, but Bortles stayed fixated on his guy, waited, and then had his arm hit trying when throwing, shooting the pass straight up in the air. Lucky for him the ball floated to the ground.

Carson Palmer (37 and immobile, he doesn't seem to have much left in the tank)

I don't know what was wrong with Andy Dalton yesterday, but how much longer can AJ McCarron be kept on the sideline?

How happy are you if you're a Ravens fan and you look at the schedule.

Ravens have home games against the Browns, Bears, Jags, Texans, Colts, Bengals and Dolphins along with a Steelers matchup. Road schedule is tough but they have the Browns. They close the season with @Browns, vs. Colts, vs. Bengals. If they're in contention they'll go into the playoffs hot.

Random thoughts:

Chiefs - Berry loss is painful. Their offense still seems too horizontal for long term success.

Pats - They have a lot more to figure out than we thought. Defense seems to lack the stalwarts they usual have, especially if Hightower misses time. Offense will get straightened out, they almost have too many options, even with J.E. out.

Jets - Have to throw out any defensive effort against this team.

Bills - Thought Zay Jones might be more involved, instead Clay became the safety blanket. I'd say they'll go as far as Shady can take them, but Tolbert is an OK fill in for a couple of games if ever needed.

Jags - Watched a lot of Fournette's play, the kid looked great. They have some guys on D too, and that division is ripe to be taken (at 8-8). D and running will keep you in a lot of games.

Texans - Might as well play Watson now rather than later. The O-line was a hot mess.

Steelers - Fortunate to have a tune up game this week. Part rust issues, part the usual road woes. Schedule is very favorable early on.

Browns - Steelers are a tough first game for Kizer because a) they disguise coverages and blitzes well, and b) they always cover the safety valve. Wondered about the O-line but it looked like most of the sacks were coverage sacks, Kid has room to grow and if Garrett can get on the field this team will be a sneaky ATS play most of the year.

Cardinals - Remember when the Cards had the best groups of WRs in the league (Fitz, Brown and Floyd)? No longer. Remember when they had a great D-Line? Not anymore. Now they just look old.

Lions - Not sure what to make of their win. Stafford still a gamer I guess. Thought they'd run it a bit better though.

Falcons - Willing to chalk this up to some hangover from SB 51. Might have been a season saver, imagine if they had blown a 10 point lead to Mike Glennon?!?

Bears - Get Mitch Tru in the game, please! Glennon 9-14, 92 yds to his WRs, that's awful. Defense is typical Bears, they'll be good until the injuries pile up.

Raiders - Good win for them, good to see Carr come back and look good. They're conference winning contenders.

Titans - Think they'll be OK, they had problems with the Raiders last year too. Still think Mariotta should have a good year.

Colts - P freaking U. Tolzien! 0-3-1 for career now with 2 tds and 9 picks. Just not NFL caliber. Pagano may not be either.

Rams - Wade Phillips has had success everywhere he's ever coached D. That is a huge addition for this team, although not quite as good as they looked. Gurley going 19 for 40 yards is a concern. I don't know if they can beat Seattle, but they're #2 in the West for sure.

Panthers - Cam looked rusty at times, disinterested at other times. Can't blame him as the game was never in doubt. They were forcing it to McCaffrey a lot, and I may be in the minority but I just don't see the hype with this kid. 18 touches for 85 yards is OK, but expected a little more explosiveness against a poor team in the Niners. Can't take much away from D's performance, Niners are still a mess.

Eagles-Skins - Saw little of this game, was surprised to see Agholor as one of the heroes. Neither team could run much.

America's Team - Good disciplined effort for the most part against a team that was wounded without their superstar player. Thought the O got better when they stopped trying to force feed Dez, worse when they stopped trying to feed the Zeke. Lee and Smith will be a great LB tandem. Jury is still out on this D. Cowboys formula is still the same and still working.

Giants - Wow, does OBJ make that much difference? I guess he does. Their D put in a very good bend but don't break effort despite the hopelessness of the offense. First half plays were 47-18 in favor of Dallas! They still have little hope for the run game.

Pack - Defense looks pretty good, and when they can run the ball a little this is as good a team as their is in the league. QB isn't too shabby either. Rodgers sees everything presnap, its amazing how many free plays he gets each week.

Seattle - Russell has weapons but no o-line, big problem. Legion of Boom is still a force.

The games were awful yesterday. I've never seen as boring of a week one. I'm curious on difference in number of plays with the emphasis on speeding up games...

I saw in dick Deitsch column for si today

They changed up the commercial breaks per quarter from 5 to 4

That's 10-12 minutes right there

really thought the Texans would come out and play for their city......that was really weak sauce. Let Watson play now.

Fournette looked every bit as good as i thought he would

A Rodgers is fucking amazing.....to think at one time he was the guy embarrased to be at the draft as he slid and slid. I wonder if he ever thinks of that as he plays....I am amazed he doesnt have the SBs Tom Brady does

How is Marvin Lewis still employed?

They did let Watson play the 2nd half

Was better than Watson but not pretty

That's a super bowl contender with a top 15 qb and Duane brown signed, how much they regret not throwing money at Romo

Or even go after kaep

Viewing is the key word , obviously NFL players and their quarterbacks are more talented
Not many of the QBs...ha...and I harp on it every year how bad QB play is...hence why Detroit giving Staff that giant contract never fazed me...

I saw in dick Deitsch column for si today

They changed up the commercial breaks per quarter from 5 to 4

That's 10-12 minutes right there
I know they made the changes but they still have to get their revenue in. I'll have to find the thread with rules changes. I thought it was longer breaks now...not positive.

Twink...Marvin Lewis will still be coach even when we're all dead. They will freeze that guy and bring him back if need be.

I know they made the changes but they still have to get their revenue in. I'll have to find the thread with rules changes. I thought it was longer breaks now...not positive.

One thing I noticed was a live side box at times with the commercial, I think during the 30 second timeouts. Although the picture was just a blimp shot. Not exactly a useful tool compared to the other sports that use the "playing through" box (golf, racing and soccer).

Texans looked like shit on defense. JJ Watt and company looked like one of the worst D in the league. Great job raising money for the city, but couldn't motivate the team enough. 1 tackle , really! 0 sacks for the group! beyond Pathetic effort! Bill to come out with Watson in the 2nd half was a given and Bill should be fired IMO! Watson should have been the fukn starter announced after preseason. The guy keeps switching QB's as if its the correct thing to do, NO ITS NOT!

Jax got 10 sacks. Yes, 10!

Week 2 1-0 vs 0-1 matchups, always a prime place to take advantage of over reactions:

Browns at Ravens
Titans at Jaguars
Jets at Raiders (not sure I can trust this one)
Redskins at Rams
Lions at Giants

Still possible: Vikings at Steelers, Patriots at Saints, Cowboys at Broncos

Yes - I learned that the overreaction of the public to what they just saw is still built into the Week #2 numbers released Sunday night. Some things never change.

I learned I still hate the Dallas Cowboys.

Week 2 1-0 vs 0-1 matchups, always a prime place to take advantage of over reactions:

Browns at Ravens
Titans at Jaguars
Redskins at Rams
Lions at Giants

The skins very tempting.

Most likely prefer under in jax cause not sure it a overreaction to be concerned with titans offense.

Stafford away from dome in ny gmen prob the right play.

Browns at Ravens
Titans at Jaguars
Redskins at Rams
Lions at Giants

I appreciate the thought process and is partly why I will wager on Saints when line keeps moving for Pats. But like the public is all over the Titans. So Titans are still getting love. It's not like Jags are being bet into favorites.

I don't think they know it yet, but if luck isn't healthy for another 4-5 weeks I think they tank the season, tell him to shut it down and get 100%

Then finish bottom 2 and get an absolute random from someone to draft one of the QBs

So I think they are tolzein fade material

Suddenly lucks supporting cast gets rebuilt

Speaking of the man himself

All praise commentary god Tony Romo
BREAKING: Tony Romo expected to be out 4-6 weeks after suffering sore throat in broadcasting debut

DJdHIZ_VwAAVYip.jpg

Anyone watch the Philly / Wash game? The fumble that was a forward pass that bounced backwards after hitting a guy in the head... Was I drunk?

Last edited:
NFL is back.

Acts of randomness that turn the course of a game and the slow death of physical defense via officiating.

Always hate Week 1 but at least it produces some decent spots for Week 2.

That Saints' defense made Bradford like 2016 Tom Brady, can only imagine what the actual Tom Brady will do to it next week.

JV team worked the late game.

Having the TIME OF HIS LIFE !...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back