Did the Yankees overdo it last night?

KowboyKarl

Live. Breathe. Blue.
Just seemed like a soap opera to me...

Jeter and Pettitte coming out to take Mariano outta the game etc etc etc.....

Whatta you think?

Whatta you think?

I'm no Yankees fan. That being said, I thought it was really cool.

Quite a bit of build-up, but 100% genuine and Mo had no clue it was going to happen. Had he known, that would've been an entirely different story.

Brian McCann is not impressed. Only the pitching coach can make a pitching change.

BVKx07ACMAEPeQj.jpg

Wish those mutts cared more about competing this week than they did about that old geezer. What a lay down.

Whose farewell will be bigger... Mo's or Jeter's? You know damn well they're going to do the same thing when Derek Jeter decides to retire. And i'm guessing he's going to retire at the end of next season.

There will probably be a national moment of silence when Jeter retires. Grown men sobbing and hugging everywhere. Bette Midler songs. Children's choirs.

becarefull Tip,, nbafan will be in here in a moment telling you jeter could play great defensive SS for another 10 years..

Whose farewell will be bigger... Mo's or Jeter's? You know damn well they're going to do the same thing when Derek Jeter decides to retire. And i'm guessing he's going to retire at the end of next season.

I could be wrong but I doubt we see anything like that with Jeter. Meaning the year round farewell tour.

Whatta you think?

Last night was really only the Jeter, Petitte moment, so to that I say no. Thought it was a pretty cool and unique moment.
The merchandising in the NY area of memorabilia has been shameless.

it was a cool moment - one of the games where it was probably awesome to see in person..........thought it was classy and a great way to say goodbye to one of the greatest of all time.

There will probably be a national moment of silence when Jeter retires. Grown men sobbing and hugging everywhere. Bette Midler songs. Children's choirs.

Jeters won't be as dramatic as Mariano's. And jeter is not going to want it to be.

Mariano is as classy as they come but even he knows his greatness. It's more than just his stats. It's his impact on the community, on the game, him being the last player to ever wear the number 42. Just a true class act.

Last edited:
Just to be safe, I'll probably steer clear of CTG on that night.

I cut Mo Rivera last week in fondy's dynasty league. Didn't think he deserved a championship ring.

i have hated the yankoffs for years now, but rivera is a different story...he deserves the drama and attention...i was actually really pissed the game wasn't put on national tv.

i have hated the yankoffs for years now, but rivera is a different story...he deserves the drama and attention...i was actually really pissed the game wasn't put on national tv.

You don't hate 'em enough yet.

[video=youtube;l5yeRcaNtls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5yeRcaNtls[/video]

There's a method to the madness, it's a dynasty league. I dumped him for Junior Lake. Only backfires if Mo un-retires. It's been painful inheriting and rostering this prominent Yankee, a weight has been lifted.

Back