Did the Laker game seem odd?

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
I had Dallas minus 8 and 8.5 so I am happy and sour grapes does not apply but what was Jackson doing? Cook is shooting 44% and got to play 11 minutes Bynum is shooting 55% played 11 and Farmar was 5 of 6 but was nowhere in sight in the fourth. Instead they played Brown who can barely hold the ball, Parker the clumsy and Walton who can shoot but was cold as ice. Th tv people were talking about Kobe getting no support but it seems the reason was Jackson. So---why?

Actually had Dallas first quarter and first half as well so really happy about the game but this just does not make sense.

The whole lakers roster sucks. I dont care what anyone says but walton sucks. It doesnt matter who comes in.. they all suck. I feel bad for kobe. I hate it when they say oh kobe needs to get his teammates involved.. tonight was a perfect example on why he doesnt ..

Jackson seems like he'd rather drop a game and prove something than change his style and lose. I think if Smush isn't his down the stretch man he's the type of coach that will let Smush give it away... but he'll give him a chance to prove it. He loves Walton... I don't know..

I think these guys get the triange.. and that makes him feel like that's the group for the comeback...

I do question why Brown has sent Bynum's #s in a spiral. I think they are bringing this kid along slowly and want to unleash him more so in the late season/playoffs so teams don't have his young tendancies and weaknesses down cold

i disagree. walton does not suck. he's a role player and his role is to facilitate the offense. be a pass first shoot later player. tonight was the perfect example of kobe trying to take over the game w/ odom out and not having a good shooting night. and they were tired....it was obvious.

refs had the over....those guys called a foul on everything....kobe went up for a shot at least 4-5 times untouched and he would get a call...in the 3rd qtr, both teams were in the bonus with 5 minutes left.....i had 8 and 8.5 ...mavs up 14 with 1 minute left and then they quit....we got extremely lucky diop blocked smush parker's layup at the buzzer

andresh99 said:
i disagree. walton does not suck. he's a role player and his role is to facilitate the offense. be a pass first shoot later player. tonight was the perfect example of kobe trying to take over the game w/ odom out and not having a good shooting night. and they were tired....it was obvious.

Walton is perfect for the triangle.. but hes not an nba player. When Phil Left, walton was about to be cut. He isnt a great shooter.. lets not be fooled by his first few games. It was obvious that with odom out and him bein the second option.. he couldnt handle it. He cant guard guys like josh howard.. and he cant guard power forwards like dirk.

Im sorry but i think you can put a lot of people in waltons position and they can produce :shake:

I guess what I am trying to say is Dallas was double and triple teaming Kobe so if Jackson had put players in the game at that point who could shoot who knows what would have happened and it just seems that a coach of his experience should have made the needed adjustments.

tuck the lakers dont have any players that can shoot.. never have, please dont tell me luke leads the league in 3 pt shooting

Kobe shot 50% on 18 shots..
The rest of the lakers shot 41% including lukes 3 - 13

I posted Cook and Bynums actual shooting percentages. As I said I am happy with the result but it still makes no sense to me.

Yea i was suprised not to see bynum as much. But who knows. I wonder whats up with CHris Mihm
Smush makes me sick. I cant watch lakers games... watching a lineup of smush, cook, turiaf walton and vladamir was painful

oh well.

we have no shooters.......radman is injured and can't hit much, and the rest of the bunch are inconsistent...luke's not a natural 3 point shooter but being a laker fan, i appreciate the fact that he's making em right now.

Back