December 2012

The f**k happened here? I shut off the tv in disgust when the Raptors got to 47 with three minutes left in the 2Q. Now I realize the Raptors only scored two more points the rest of the quarter. Maybe this is a sign of good things to come... or not.

YTD: 23-22-2, +2.15

Adding:

NBA Denver Nuggets Team Total Over 104½ [FT] -110
*2 UNITS*
*The Nuggets have put up 100 plus in (at least) nine of their last ten against the Kings, so there's that. Plus, I'm sure George Karl's been getting on them about the way they started the game against the Grizzlies the other night, so I'd expect them to come out fairly aggressive in this one. Also, it's the Kings, so there should plenty of points off turnovers to help pad the numbers as well.

Good luck!

YTD: 24-22-2, +4.15

Adding:

NBA New Orleans Hornets Team Total Over 45½ [1H] -110
*2 UNITS*
*I had to hold my nose when I pressed 'submit' on this one, but I actually do think some of the matchups favor the Hornets, so let's see if I can knock off one more to finish the night.

Good luck!

YTD: 24-23-2, +1.95

Adding:

NBA New Orleans Hornets / Portland Trailblazers Over 92 [2H] -110
*2 UNITS*

Good luck!

Not sure why the Hornets bothered with a 2 after Damian Lillard hit that 3, but it got me a miracle push, so I'll take it (of course, if I were any good at anticipating line movement, I could have had 91½, but that's a different matter altogether...)

YTD: 24-23-3, +1.95

Adding:

NBA Orlando Magic Team Total Under 47 [1H] -110
NBA Detroit Pistons Team Total Under 46½ [1H] -110
NBA Chicago Bulls / Memphis Grizzlies Under 88½ [1H] -110

Good luck!

GL tonight Hugh! I think you go at least 2-1 on those
desismileys_0147.gif

Thanks Hulu - hang in there buddy. It'll turn around for you eventually.

YTD: 26-24-3, +2.85

Adding:

NBA Chicago Bulls / Memphis Grizzlies Under 90 [2H] -110
*Even if they both shoot 50%, the amount of time alone they're taking on each possession might be enough to keep this under.

Good luck!

YTD: 27-24-3, +3.85

Tuesday:

NBA Indiana Pacers +2½ [FT] -110 *2 UNITS*
NBA San Antonio Spurs / Denver Nuggets Over 208 [FT] -110

Good luck!

Thanks Hulu. It's really going to come down to whether or not the Pacers can impose their will on the Bucks - get Jennings and Ellis to work out of half court sets, and you take away a big part of their game (just look at that Bulls game a few weeks ago where the starters did absolutely nothing, and it was the bench that pulled off the comeback). Plus, the Bucks really have no answer for Hibbert on the inside, so hopefully they just slow down the pace and pound the ball into him all night.

YTD: 28-25-3, +2.65

Adding:

NBA Golden State Warriors Team Total Over 48½ [2H] -110
*2 UNITS*

Good luck!

YTD: 28-26-3, +0.45

Wednesday:

NBA Brooklyn Nets / New York Knicks Over 96½ [1H] -110
*2 UNITS*
*This is starting to get a little redundant...

Good luck!

YTD: 29-26-3, +2.45

Adding:

NBA Milwaukee Bucks / Memphis Grizzlies Over 94 [1H] -110
*2 UNITS*
*I already got that queasy feeling when I pressed 'submit', but the Bucks managed to get the Grizzlies to run (a bit) the last two times they played them, so hopefully they can do it one more time (and, of course, hit their shots).

Good luck!

Thanks HardLuck.

You might look at that 1H Grizzlies score and think to yourself "defense". Uh no... Quite possibly the most ridiculous half of basketball I've watched in a long time...

YTD: 29-27-3, +0.25

Adding:

NBA New Orleans Hornets / Los Angeles Clippers Under 95½ [1H] -110
*2 UNITS*

Good luck!

YTD: 30-27-3, +2.25

Adding:

NBA New Orleans Hornets / Los Angeles Clippers Under 93½ [2H] -110
*2 UNITS*

Good luck!

YTD: 31-27-3, +4.25

Thursday:

NBA Minnesota Timberwolves Team Total Over 49½ [1H] -110
*Tempted to play the 1H Over, but after reading everyone talking this and that about "trap" and "letdown", I think I'll go with this instead. Makes sense though in that almost everything Minnesota trends 'over' in this one (most notably the fact that the T-Wolves are 25-6 O/U against division opponents the past three seasons), plus the offense seems to be pushing the tempo a little more now that Rubio's back. Anyways, I capped it at 52 for Minnesota, so let's how close I get.

Good luck!

YTD: 32-27-3, +5.25

Adding:

NBA Miami Heat / Dallas Mavericks Over 101 [1H] -110

Good luck!

Thanks P2W.

Thanks Grind. Hopefully it'll be like that Warriors game last night where they start hot and stay hot throughout.

YTD: 32-28-3, +4.15

Friday:

NBA Atlanta Hawks -1 [1H] -110
NBA Indiana Pacers -2 [1H] -110
NBA Boston Celtics -3 [1H] -105
NBA Dallas Mavericks / Memphis Grizzlies Under 95 [1H] -110

Good luck!

YTD: 33-30-4, +2.95

Adding:

NBA Dallas Mavericks / Memphis Grizzlies Under 94 [2H] -110

Good luck!

YTD: 33-31-4, +1.85

Adding:

NBA Sacramento Kings Team Total Over 46½ [1H] -110 *2 UNITS*

Good luck!

YTD: 33-32-4, -0.35

Saturday:

NBA Cleveland Cavaliers / Milwaukee Bucks Over 98 [1H] -110 *2 UNITS*
*New objective for the NBA this season: see if I can finish exactly .500, +/- 0.00 (actually, I am up on the season if you factor in my numbers pre-crash, but y'know what I mean...)

Good luck!

YTD: 33-33-4, -2.55

Saturday:

NBA Phoenix Suns / Portland Trail Blazers Under 99½ [1H] -110 *2 UNITS*
*This is just getting sad...

Good luck!

YTD: 34-33-4, -0.55

Sunday:

NBA Los Angeles Clippers Team Total Over 51 [1H] -110
*2 UNITS*
*Clippers hung 63 on them in the 1H a few weeks ago at Staples, and apparently the Suns are giving up an average of 106.0 PPG in B2B situations, so let's give it a shot...

Good luck!

Thanks Dwight ; )

YTD: 35-33-4, +1.45

Adding:

NBA Los Angeles Clippers / Phoenix Suns Under 96 [2H] -110 *2 UNITS*

Good luck!

YTD: 36-33-4, +3.45

Tuesday:

NBA Boston Celtics / Brooklyn Nets Under 185½ [FT] -110
*The team with the second slowest pace in the league at home in the Brooklyn Nets, the team with the slowest pace in the league overall the last five games in the Brooklyn Nets, a Celtics offense that's cracked the 90 point barrier in regulation once its last seven games on the road, a Nets offense that's averaging less than 90 points in regulation its last five games overall, the under 7-2 the last nine games between the two, a total that's dropped two and a half points since the opener, and a noon time start on Christmas Day.

What could possibly go wrong (that was rhetorical - don't answer that)?

Merry Christmas Everyone! :announce:

YTD: 36-33-4, +3.45

Tuesday:

NBA Boston Celtics / Brooklyn Nets Under 185½ [FT] -110
*The team with the second slowest pace in the league at home in the Brooklyn Nets, the team with the slowest pace in the league overall the last five games in the Brooklyn Nets, a Celtics offense that's cracked the 90 point barrier in regulation once its last seven games on the road, a Nets offense that's averaging less than 90 points in regulation its last five games overall, the under 7-2 the last nine games between the two, a total that's dropped two and a half points since the opener, and a noon time start on Christmas Day.

What could possibly go wrong (that was rhetorical - don't answer that)?

Merry Christmas Everyone! :announce:
Under with you, GL "Hugh da man". Happy Holidays.

YTD: 37-33-4, +4.45

Adding:

NBA Houston Rockets / Chicago Bulls Over 196½ [FT] -110 *2 UNITS*

Good luck!

Thanks P2W.

YTD: 38-33-4, +6.45

Adding:

NBA Denver Nuggets Team Total Over 49½ [1H] -110 *2 UNITS*
*The Clippers are averaging 39.0 points against in the 1H their last 5 games. Yeah, that's great and all, but look who they've played: Milwaukee, Detroit, New Orleans, Sacramento and Phoenix. All teams, with the exception of the Bucks, who play at a much slower pace than the Nuggets, and all teams without near the consistent scoring ability of the Nuggets. I'll take my chances...

Good luck!

YTD: 38-34-4, +4.25

Wednesday:

NBA Charlotte Bobcats Team Total Under 48 [1H] -110
NBA Brooklyn Nets / Milwaukee Bucks Over 94 [1H] -110 *2 UNITS*

Good luck!

:searching:

YTD: 40-34-4, +7.25

Adding:

NBA New York Knicks / Phoenix Suns Over 195 [FT] -110
*2 UNITS*

Good luck!

YTD: 41-34-4, +9.25

Thursday:

NBA Boston Celtics Team Total Over 90 [FT] -110
*2 UNITS*

*I know the Clippers haven't given up this number very many times over the last little while but, like I said the other night with my Nuggets pick (which lost by the way - thank you Ty Lawson), look at some of the offenses they've gone up against during this run. That said, it's not like the Celtics are the most efficient offense in the world, but they're most definitely more efficient than just about every team the Clippers have faced during this win streak. Also, the Celtics covered this number on their trip into Staples last season (although, in the spirit of full disclosure, it took a 32 point 4Q to get there), and that speaks to me a lot about matchups as much as anything else.

The Celtics win, odds are they cover this number. The Celtics get blown out, still a good opportunity to collect garbage points at the end. The Celtics start out shooting bricks, well...

I'd love to know how a group of supposed "professionals" manage to put up 10 points in a quarter...

YTD: 41-35-4, +7.05

Friday:

NBA Toronto Raptors / New Orleans Hornets Over 183 [FT] -110
NBA Houston Rockets / San Antonio Spurs Over 213 [FT] -110
NBA Denver Nuggets -3 [FT] -110

Good luck!

YTD: 44-35-4, +10.05

Saturday:

NBA Miami Heat / Milwaukee Bucks Over 99½ [1H] -110
*2 UNITS*

Thanks Tito!

YTD: 45-35-4, +12.05

Adding:

NBA Golden State Warriors Team Total Over 49½ [1H] -110 *2 UNITS*

YTD: 47-35-4, +15.05

Sunday:

NBA Milwaukee Bucks Team Total Over 94½ [FT] -110
*2 UNITS*
NBA Brandon Jennings Points Scored Over 18½ [FT] -115
*Brandon Jennings looks like he might be out of his mini slump, posting 25 in back to back games, and that's pretty key given the fact he's posted 20+ in six straight versus Detroit basketball (19.7 average in 12 career games). As for the Bucks, they've posted 100+ in back to back games for the first time all season, and that's pretty key as well given the fact they've put up 100+ in four of their last five against the Pistons.

Now, as always with the Bucks this season, there's the chance they put up in the 50's in the 1H, then throw down a 14 point quarter somewhere along the way in the 2H, but the Bucks were very, very good to me this calendar year, so here's hoping they can come through for me one last time in 2012.

Fear The Deer

:announce:

Thanks Retburj!

The Bucks score 2 points the first 5 minutes of the 1Q. The Bucks score 2 points the first 5 minutes of the 2Q. And yet, somehow, I still manage to lose by the hook... *SMH*

YTD: 47-37-4, +11.70

Adding:

NBA Boston Celtics / Sacramento Kings Over 96½ [2H] -110 *2 UNITS*

*Don't know if the shots will drop, but the pace is most definitely there, so might as well close out a crappy night with one more throw at the dartboard...

YTD: 48-37-4, +13.70

Monday:

NBA Memphis Grizzlies / Indiana Pacers Under 179 [FT] -110
NBA Charlotte Bobcats / Chicago Bulls Under 188 [FT] -110
NBA Brooklyn Nets / San Antonio Spurs Over 197 [FT] -110

2012: it was the best of times, it was the blurst of times. Decent year in the NBA (Covers: around +18.00, CTG pre-crash: around +8.00, CTG post-crash: +13.70), but still room for improvement.

Here's to a profitable New Year!

:announce:

Back