CTG's Baseball Bonanza QUARTER 2: WEEK #4 (June 20-26) Selections

I'm a grammar nut so that is unfortunate lol

So am I, but I honestly just figured it was a typo. It still makes much more sense to use the entire period's run differential as a tie breaker vs. the final week where it's much more likely guys have picked the same team and will obviously still be tied after going to run differential.

Wait a minute...it is the entire period (and was a typo I guess). Why didn't you post the entire rule Sports Thing? lol

3. You will be rooting for your team to win as many games as possible, every 3-game series! For the quarter, you will have a record for a total of 12 games (3 games, times four weeks per quarter). If there is a tie it will go to run differential for the team you chose versus the opponent, and if still tied, it will go to most recent series chosen record, followed by the second most recent, etc.

So even though there was a typo with team being singular, it seems pretty clear that the tiebreaker was intended to be for the entire 4 week period.

So am I, but I honestly just figured it was a typo. It still makes much more sense to use the entire period's run differential as a tie breaker vs. the final week where it's much more likely guys have picked the same team and will obviously still be tied after going to run differential.
Oh I don't mind that as it does make sense. But If I'm fighting for my win, we have to go by what is stated. If it wasn't clear and people start interpreting a rule then it's pointless to have written rules. Plus there are other tiebreakers not just one.

Oh I don't mind that as it does make sense. But If I'm fighting for my win, we have to go by what is stated. If it wasn't clear and people start interpreting a rule then it's pointless to have written rules. Plus there are other tiebreakers not just one.

It was clear, you didn't post the entire rule.

I also didn't notice any other tiebreakers, which is another reason I initially figured it was the entire period's run differential since there would be much less chance of a tie on the tiebreaker.

I'm Mobile so haven't read rules over. I think egg was pretty clear and concise when making them though and he does have final say on this. I can't remember what we did last time but we'll let him weigh in.

I'm Mobile so haven't read rules over. I think egg was pretty clear and concise when making them though and he does have final say on this. I can't remember what we did last time but we'll let him weigh in.

It was clear enough, I posted the entire rule.

It says that if still tied after run differential it goes to the run differential for most recent series, then 2nd most recent, etc. That seems to pretty clearly mean that the entire period's run differential is being used as the 1st tiebreaker.

Wait a minute...it is the entire period (and was a typo I guess). Why didn't you post the entire rule Sports Thing? lol

3. You will be rooting for your team to win as many games as possible, every 3-game series! For the quarter, you will have a record for a total of 12 games (3 games, times four weeks per quarter). If there is a tie it will go to run differential for the team you chose versus the opponent, and if still tied, it will go to most recent series chosen record, followed by the second most recent, etc.

So even though there was a typo with team being singular, it seems pretty clear that the tiebreaker was intended to be for the entire 4 week period.

The entire period only applies to if the initial tiebreaker rule doesn't reveal a winner. Then the it applies the the rest of the series. That's why I only posted that portion b/c that's the initial tiebreaker.

and if still tied to me is a 2nd tiebreaker

The entire period only applies to if the initial tiebreaker rule doesn't reveal a winner. Then the it applies the the rest of the series. That's why I only posted that portion b/c that's the initial tiebreaker.

So you guys are tied on run differential for the entire period (as well as record obviously)?

If you are, then yes the most recent series would be used as the tiebreaker.

And yes, what you posted is the initial tiebreaker, but it's referring to the entire period for run differential. Without the rest of the rule posted, we can't see the context and realize that the typo was actually just a typo. The fact that the 2nd tiebreaker is to go to the most recent series, it's obvious that the 1st tiebreaker is the run differential for the entire period.

OMG lol. If there is a tie it will go to run differential for the team you chose versus the opponent, and if still tied, it will go to most recent series chosen record, followed by the second most recent, etc.

The bold to me means the recent team run differential b/c it's singular and just happened. If that run differential is still tied then it goes to the record from the most recent series. So either you went 3-0 or 2-1 etc... no?

OMG lol. If there is a tie it will go to run differential for the team you chose versus the opponent, and if still tied, it will go to most recent series chosen record, followed by the second most recent, etc.

The bold to me means the recent team run differential b/c it's singular and just happened. If that run differential is still tied then it goes to the record from the most recent series. So either you went 3-0 or 2-1 etc... no?

Dude, seriously?

No, it doesn't, It's a typo. Again, a typo we weren't certain of until the ENTIRE rule is read.

Why would the 2nd tiebreaker be the "most recent series" if that's the 1st tiebreaker to begin with? Come on now.

i took it as for the entire 4 week period as well (one quarter), which is why i selected a different team after a couple of others picked the yankees ... sounds like its up to what Egg intended either way ... :shake:

Dude, seriously?

No, it doesn't, It's a typo. Why would the 2nd tiebreaker be the "most recent series" if that's the 1st tiebreaker to begin with? Come on now.
Well they can't just say it goes to the record for all series b/c we already have that. Dude I'm just reading the rule. It says Team vs opponent. Not teams vs opponents. How can you have typos for rules in a contest?

It goes like this:

Record (if tied see below)
Run differential for the period (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 4 (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 3 (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 2 (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 1 (if still tied, fuck you guys you're splitting the $50 and having a match to the death for the spot in the final)

Well they can't just say it goes to the record for all series b/c we already have that. Dude I'm just reading the rule. It says Team vs opponent. Not teams vs opponents. How can you have typos for rules in a contest?

It doesn't say that. It says "if there is a tie (meaning record obviously) RUN DIFFERENTIAL for the team (typo) you chose..."

There's only one typo, it should have said teams plural. The rest of it makes perfect sense. And again, if the entire rule was posted initially we would have realized it was a typo instantly based on the context of the rest of the rule.

Team vs opponent. Opponent = person you tied with. Not the opponent of series you selected lol

If that run differential is still tied then it goes to the record from the most recent series.

Record isn't run differential. Isn't that team record?

It goes like this:

Record (if tied see below)
Run differential for Week 4 (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 3 (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 2 (if still tied see below)
Run differential for Week 1 (if still tied, fuck you guys you're splitting the $50 and having a match to the death for the spot in the final)

Yahtzee

It goes like this:

Record for the period (if tied see below)
Record for Week 4 (if still tied see below)
Record for Week 3 (if still tied see below)
Record for Week 2 (if still tied see below)
Record for Week 1 (if still tied, fuck you guys you're splitting the $50 and having a match to the death for the spot in the final)

I still think it makes more sense to use the run differential for each period as the 2nd, 3rd, etc tiebreaker (as opposed to record) since it's much more likely there is a tie when using one week's record than it is for run differential.

Handled properly. Fun to read everyone try to pull what they wanted out of the bylaws. Little peek into what congress is like no doubt.

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. Not trying to start anything just trying to understand it myself, felt like I was going in circles with my understanding. Congrats NYGiants25 :shake2::cheers3:

Back