CTG Heisman

He could have done better than 20 carries for 58 yards against UCF in the one Stanford game I watched this year. And, by the way, I think Galloway does a good job in general.

So breaking Barry's all purpose record, no biggie?

Got it...and of course the two ACC guys at top.

And thanks for making my point completely with "the one Stanford game you watched"

So breaking Barry's all purpose record, no biggie?

Got it...and of course the two ACC guys at top.

Obviously -- what do you expect? And I live in Texas. We vote for the players who impressed us the most. Heisman voting always shows geographic patterns. It's more efficient to have a division of labor, as it were.

I live in Arizona and watched Watson a ton this year, same with Henry, same with Mayfield...not as much Reynolds but saw enough. Watched FSU at least several times, injury is relevant too.

So, in your estimation, McCaffrey needed to torch UCF with 20 carries as opposed to breaking the record? I'm curious where the bar is set for a conference champ, and I'm in the Coleman camp as well...as VK said, think he's at the top of the list if the QB doesn't get hurt.

Damn, man, he's only THIRD on YOUR list. For all you know, he'd be fourth on my list if someone had asked me for a list of four. And you get this worked up?

Naw not worked up, just curious if you watched any of his highlights at least...I'm no Pac 12 guy but obviously see plenty of it...you can see my post on the previous page about the people that actually do vote.

1a. Watson
1b. Mccaff
3. Mayfield
4. Henry

Watson the edge b/c they went undefeated and he got to the playoff.

Not butt hurt at all. I don't care what people think, just trying to debate and saying that the OL is great is not true this year. No hard feelings. But yes, the coaching of the OL has been a disappointment this year, especially Cam Robinson who I thought would play at an All-American level after last season, and he was very mediocre all year

PS, has nothing to do with SEC. I'm an Alabama fan exclusively. Hate the other 13 and hope they all lose all their games

No hard feelings....like I said hes great.

Seems like any other yr the unbeaten number 1 team in the nation, the qb here would be getting the award. No questions asked.

Kind of same thing with Henry. He had two more games than Herschel, but something like 50 fewer carries

Henry will win but McCaffrey should, he carried that team on his back for games this year. I understand Henry had a couple great games as well but Bama backs seem more plug and play given the talent around them.

Despite what people think I think there is a lot of sec and Bama fatigue in the media and just outright hate . I think it hurts Henry here.

Heisman thread, but I figure here would be best.

What is the pro quality of these guys.....Fournette even tho he isn't in the talks recently seems to be the most. I admit I havent seen much Mcaff, teed says he is NFL talent....is he?

Would the knock on Henry be lateral and general speed? I mean he is big, is he just not laterally nimble?

Also what happens to the Navy kid if he gets drafted?

Also, is Deshaun a QB in pro? Doesnt seem right?

Heisman thread, but I figure here would be best.

What is the pro quality of these guys.....Fournette even tho he isn't in the talks recently seems to be the most. I admit I havent seen much Mcaff, teed says he is NFL talent....is he?

Would the knock on Henry be lateral and general speed? I mean he is big, is he just not laterally nimble?

Also what happens to the Navy kid if he gets drafted?

Also, is Deshaun a QB in pro? Doesnt seem right?

Henry is one of the more confusing backs coming out of Bama in regards to NFL future. I go back and forth but usually land like this, people said he couldn't play RB in the SEC and now he's about to hoist the Heisman. I sure wouldn't want to say he can't succeed at next level all he's ever done is succeed. I think Henry has top end speed too although with his style it just looks different. I seriously think he may be Saban's favorite player he's ever coached on offense. I know this, no back or player has ever been asked to do as much as he has since Saban has been in T Town. I would take Fournette prob over Henry if I'm an NFL GM and had to make that decision.

McCaffrey is a sophomore right? Will he stay all 4 years, or enter the draft after next season?

He seems like a perfect fit in NE to replace Edelman when he's done. What a guy to learn that position from as they have the same skill set. Any ideas on where he would be drafted, is he a 1st round talent?

This is assuming he gets converted to a WR in the pros, but that seems like an inevitability more than a possibility.

He's gotta stay all 4 years, he's a midget. No one taking a flyer on him on the first day.

i do agree though that he could make it in the right scheme. He's a Sproles/Woodhead/Randle El type of player and don't necessarily think it's automatic that he moves to WR. He's got 3rd down back potential if he adds a little bulk.

Not a fan of using all purpose yards. Sure, it looks pretty, but nobody really gives a fuck if he returned 30 kicks and 15 punts. If he took a few to the house, that's a bit different

speed?

I think someone takes him tho

Saw a sports science segment comparing Henry and Fournette before our game. Top end speed was (don't quote me on exact #) for LF was something like 23.8 mph and 23.5 mph for DH. I know it's not a very useful metric as it relates to football, but DH is plenty fast. His main issues would seem to be getting to that speed and as mentioned, his lateral quickness. He's not on same planet as LF there. He looks awkward and slow because he is 6'3" with a 10" torso. He'll certainly be drafted, probably in the first 3 rounds. No idea how he'll pan out. My guess is he'll make it to a second contract

Back