CTG Heisman

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Name the Three guys you would invite to New York for the Heisman. You may include three honorable mention players. Then state who you think should win it.

1. L Fournette RB LSU
2. B Doughty QB WKU
3. C Coleman WR Baylor

honorable mention: Henry RB Bama, Dalvin Cook RB FSU, Boykin QB TCU

Winner: Fournette RB LSU

1 Henry
2 Watson
3 Cook

Don't think Cook gets the invite, but the kid has carried the Noles all year.

My 3 as well. Henry's best games have been in the biggest ones, so far. Likely to set SEC rushing TD record. Worst OL we've had in 8 years. He's a worthy winner IMO, homer aside

Keenan Reynolds is my honorable mention

Last edited:
Name the Three guys you would invite to New York for the Heisman. You may include three honorable mention players. Then state who you think should win it.

1. L Fournette RB LSU
2. B Doughty QB WKU
3. C Coleman WR Baylor

honorable mention: Henry RB Bama, Dalvin Cook RB FSU, Boykin QB TCU

Winner: Fournette RB LSU

I like it

Fournette is a beast and will be in NFL but the last 3 games kinda knocks him down a peg or two in Heisman race, imo.

I think LF is the best pro prospect in college, at least offensively, but he was a complete non-factor in 2 of the last 3 games.

I think Henry would have worse numbers than what LF has if he were the lsu rb and I think LF would have better numbers than what Henry has if he were the Bama rb. Makes picking between the two easier for me and have the added benefit of having better numbers while playing for a lesser team.

I think Henry would have worse numbers than what LF has if he were the lsu rb and I think LF would have better numbers than what Henry has if he were the Bama rb. Makes picking between the two easier for me and have the added benefit of having better numbers while playing for a lesser team.

Agree completely. Heisman voters would have to do a complete 180 from what they've done over history for him to win though.

On another note, has anyone won the Heisman in a season in which his coach got canned?

No one else likes Doughty? I get the Ward love .. he deserves it .. I get the Reynolds love ... he deserves it ..but Doughty has numbers that are mind boggling .. especially considering the numbers of the other QB's in his conference.

I love Doughty and think he will impress at the combine, but will not be invited to NY. No need, b/c press is going to vote for a power 5 gut.

Not going against the Alabama defense certainly helped Henry's cause

No one else likes Doughty? I get the Ward love .. he deserves it .. I get the Reynolds love ... he deserves it ..but Doughty has numbers that are mind boggling .. especially considering the numbers of the other QB's in his conference.

Get to the Heisman love from a school like that he needs to be like Lynch in 2013 and be part of an unbeaten team

So at this point it will likely be

Henry
McCaffery
Watson

Maybe Reynolds invited too...sad but if McCaffery played for a team like Auburn even he'd win in a landslide, eclipse Barry Sanders record...but oh playing out West. Seriously one of those fuckers calling the game for ESPN, with a Heisman vote...said this is the first time he's seen McCaffery tonight. You should lose your vote.

I don't have a vote and saw Henry at least 10 times this year and Watson at least 8 or 9 times. What a disgrace.

So at this point it will likely be

Henry
McCaffery
Watson

Maybe Reynolds invited too...sad but if McCaffery played for a team like Auburn even he'd win in a landslide, eclipse Barry Sanders record...but oh playing out West. Seriously one of those fuckers calling the game for ESPN, with a Heisman vote...said this is the first time he's seen McCaffery tonight. You should lose your vote.

I don't have a vote and saw Henry at least 10 times this year and Watson at least 8 or 9 times. What a disgrace.

Not sure usc saw him play tonight either ....

I think he may have said it was the 1st time he'd seen him in person.

Don't think I've ever backed Joey Galloway in anything before, but he put it best tonight. What more could McCaffery have done? One man show basically for a championship team, took down Barry Sanders record...and you know damn well that some voters are just now looking at him after tonight.

It's silly.

Not that I think Henry would be undeserving, he's had an incredible season as well. Rare season where there should be no clear cut winner but I have a feeling there will be...hell Watson is plenty deserving, didn't lose a game.

Henry
mccaffrey
watson

in no particular order and think whoever wins from those three would be deserving

Feel like any of the three are deserving. Great year for some pretty awesome individual performances. McCaffery breaks a record by Barry F'ing Sanders. Henry breaks records by Herschel Walker and Tim Tebow. Obviously I'm hoping for Henry but the others get no argument from me if they win

G Ward is the Allen Iverson of college football too. He deserves recognition.

Baylor QB lost to injury ruined his chance and Coleman's at the same time.

I think you can make a case for Mayfield as well as you can for Doughty. Better ypa, better rating, 35/5 ratio, and I'd assume you'd call his schedule more challenging than Doughty's although I don't know how many truly stingy pass defenses Mayfield played against.

I'd invite:

1. Henry (If you break Herschel Walker's SEC rushing record, you get to go to NY)
2. McCaffrey (If you break any record that Barry Sanders set, you get to go to NY)
3. Dalvin Cook (Almost 8 yards a carry on 200+ Attempts? Wow. He was pretty much FSU's entire offense)

Honorable mention:

DeShaun Watson
Baker Mayfield
Ezekiel Elliott

Any of them would be worthy, but gun to my head, I'd go with Henry.

McCaf
Mayfield
Henry

Henry is a stud but if u carry it 40+ per game you should rush for 2
bills.

Yup......460 on 90 carries behind that line pretty sure half the RB in the country could do that. Like i said he's a stud but....

Yup......460 on 90 carries behind that line pretty sure half the RB in the country could do that. Like i said he's a stud but....

You talking about the OL that gave up the most plays for negative/no yards in the conference?

Sorry Kiffin and crew cant coach up your stable of 5* blue chippers? So SEC butthurt over someone saying your boy is a stud.

Sorry Kiffin and crew cant coach up your stable of 5* blue chippers? So SEC butthurt over someone saying your boy is a stud.

Not butt hurt at all. I don't care what people think, just trying to debate and saying that the OL is great is not true this year. No hard feelings. But yes, the coaching of the OL has been a disappointment this year, especially Cam Robinson who I thought would play at an All-American level after last season, and he was very mediocre all year

PS, has nothing to do with SEC. I'm an Alabama fan exclusively. Hate the other 13 and hope they all lose all their games

1. D. Watson
2. D. Cook
3. C. Coleman

Don't think I've ever backed Joey Galloway in anything before, but he put it best tonight. What more could McCaffery have done?

He could have done better than 20 carries for 58 yards against UCF in the one Stanford game I watched this year. And, by the way, I think Galloway does a good job in general.

1. D. Watson
2. D. Cook
3. C. Coleman

Don't think I've ever backed Joey Galloway in anything before, but he put it best tonight. What more could McCaffery have done?

I'm not so sure you're backing what he said if you don't even have McCaffrey in your top 3.

:cigarguy:

Back