Could Ohio State beat the Browns?

They could play a 16 game schedule and I doubt more than a few would have them being within single digits. Give them enough opportunities they might win one but no chance for them to compete for a .500 record.

They would beat Houston and Jacksonville so decent showing in the South

Braves, I didn't think it would be you...

Just feel like college football always gets left out. Every year we get"how many NBA teams could Kentucky beat?".

Good discussion guys, but I think with Meyers relentless film study sessions this is a 9-7 squad

KJ if you really think that, then you should stop betting all football, immediately.

They would never come within two touchdowns of any Niffel team barring multiple random acts of God.

:shake:

the thread title threw me for a curve; if he was being serious or no etc. STEED not chimed in yet nor JUMP so who knows :O

Felt this coming from someone this year. They are pretty solid to say the least. Great start to their title defense. I look forward to them playing in the playoffs again this year. Decent depth at QB, would love to see some more 2QB/1RB sets with all sorts of fucking options on offense.

I look forward to the dentist thinking they are the play of the week cuz he's the muthafuckin dentist

Anything short of a conference championship appearance would be a massive failure

beyond massive

was the thread title always SEC or was it NFL?

It said NFL when I posted that. Of course they could win the SEC though. They'd be one of, if not the, best team in the conference. I don't think they'd be undefeated though

yeah I changed it after reading gps post...thought it would really rile up the masses. It didn't

It's hard to say whether tOSU could win the SEC. Their schedule is an embarrassment each and every season, not just this year. I see they're following up Hawaii with the annual MAC meatgrinder. They can't do anything about the Big 10 being shitty, but I've been bitching about their non-conference cream puffs for 25 years, so don't give me the lame "schedules in advance" crap.

Ohio State's answer to the pleas to perhaps schedule an SEC team once in a while was, predictably, Vanderbilt.

It's hard to say whether tOSU could win the SEC. Their schedule is an embarrassment each and every season, not just this year. I see they're following up Hawaii with the annual MAC meatgrinder. They can't do anything about the Big 10 being shitty, but I've been bitching about their non-conference cream puffs for 25 years, so don't give me the lame "schedules in advance" crap.

They just played @ Virginia Tech, one of the best home fields in the country, and have had H & A's with Texas and USC over the last decade with H & A's versus OU, TCU, Oregon, Notre Dame, and Texas upcoming.

You can count their "good" home-and-homes on one hand. How about playing a ranked team, or traveling west of the Mississippi? Oops, that crazy advanced scheduling worked in their favor again. It's the Buckeyes' dirty little secret. They play nobody pretty much on purpose.

Which MAC foe is getting squeezed for one of those upcoming home-and-homes?

You can count their "good" home-and-homes on one hand. How about playing a ranked team, or traveling west of the Mississippi? Oops, that crazy advanced scheduling worked in their favor again. It's the Buckeyes' dirty little secret. They play nobody pretty much on purpose.

They played 2 ranked teams at the end of last season and kicked the shit out of them. Cal is West of the Mississippi (as is USC & Texas), not the Buckeyes fault that Cal football went to hell by time kickoff rolled around. Upcoming games @ Oregon, TCU, Texas, and OU all West of the Mississippi as well.

If you think tOSU non-conference hasn't been the stuff of pussies for decades, I don't know what to tell you.

Can we agree to this? All sports have their hairy warts, and major college football, where they only play a dozen games or so, their hairy warts are avoidable mismatches.

They played 2 ranked teams at the end of last season and kicked the shit out of them. Cal is West of the Mississippi (as is USC & Texas), not the Buckeyes fault that Cal football went to hell by time kickoff rolled around. Upcoming games @ Oregon, TCU, Texas, and OU all West of the Mississippi as well.

So your arguing that about Texas and USC like 5 years and two coaches ago, and Cal.

Today I've learned that Arizonakid should have been drafted by the Patriots, Tom Brady is a lesser quarterback than Charlie Frye, and Ohio State plays a tough schedule. Never knew any of that.

So your arguing that about Texas and USC like 5 years and two coaches ago, and Cal.

Your the one that said decades. They played Navy, Virginia Tech, and Cincy last season out of conference. 30 years ago they played Pitt, Washington State, and Colorado out of conference.

20 years ago they played Boston College, Pitt, Washington, and Notre Dame.

They have Oregon, TCU, OU, Texas, and Notre Dame upcoming.

Your argument is ridiculous at every level.

Notre Dame has been begging to get on OSU's schedule for decades, the Bucks always schedule two-year home-and-homes like 60 years apart. Penn State had to join the fucking conference to get a game. You can practically throw a rock from Columbus to Morgantown. They won't play at Marshall. There is not a major program in the country that ducks like OSU. It's widely known. Maybe not known in Arizona or Texas.

Pope Tressel wanted to "reward" the other state schools by playing them. For the entire month of September.

If you think tOSU non-conference hasn't been the stuff of pussies for decades, I don't know what to tell you.

Can we agree to this? All sports have their hairy warts, and major college football, where they only play a dozen games or so, their hairy warts are avoidable mismatches.

This is one of the reasons I started the thread . Could the only competition for the genius that is Urban, be a NFL division?

Interesting to discuss at least

Its simple bigger name schools can get away with the scheduling. I dont mind Ohio States schedule, they play 1 Power 5 opponent which is common. Teams like Baylor, Ole Miss, NC State are embarrassments. Each of the Power 5 conferences need to have the same scheduling rules. They all should decide if they want to play 8 or 9 Conference games, they all should be required to have a Conference Championship and they all should be required to play AT LEAST 1 Power 5 opponent. If you want to play more go for it.

Ohio State has a pussy schedule because they don't go play AT Marshall? 'K

Buckeye home game are a cash machine for the Athletic Department, that's the biggest reason they don't play home/aways with lessers...

The schedule is what it is, doesn't bother me. But if they lose a game, they should move to the back of the line behind every power 5 1 loss team and maybe a couple two loss teams in the playoff pecking order.

The schedule is what it is, doesn't bother me. But if they lose a game, they should move to the back of the line behind every power 5 1 loss team and maybe a couple two loss teams in the playoff pecking order.

Why ?

They had a loss last season and were down to their 3rd string QB and beat Bama and Oregon for the Title.

When will Auburn and Bama stop scheduling FCS bye weeks before playing each other ?

Ohio State has a pussy schedule because they don't go play AT Marshall? 'K

Buckeye home game are a cash machine for the Athletic Department, that's the biggest reason they don't play home/aways with lessers...

I wonder if they were hesitant to play Notre Dame because of St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, Moeller, Xavier, Benedictine, St.V-St.M, St. Francis. Probably just couldn't fit it in, even though ND tried for 40 years.

This point isn't even debatable, Gerry Faust never shuts up about it.

Why ?

They had a loss last season and were down to their 3rd string QB and beat Bama and Oregon for the Title.

When will Auburn and Bama stop scheduling FCS bye weeks before playing each other ?

Bama and Oregon weren't scheduled.

Back