Could Manny Really Go to The Fish?

1:14pm: Stark says the Jays are also eyeing Raul Ibanez. Eh? Also, Dejan Kovacevic says the Bay talks ended quickly based on the Pirates' asking price.

fuckin money marlins are greedy.. i wrote in another thread our owner pockets 9 or 11 mil cant remeber from the luxury tax.. we get 31 mil in tax and had a payroll of 20 or 22 mil give me a fucking break... i know we are going to have to shell out some dough to keep miller sanchez johnson olsen volstad maybin corey madden and stanton down the road but come on.. ohh and nolasco

The Marlins are fools if two million is keeping them from making that deal. They could easily recoup the money from ticket sales because Manny would be huge for them.

i still say this deal gets done... teams will give in at the last second ...

hile you have anything on tap tonight?

Nick Cafardo doesn't buy the "dead" talk. However, the Pirates may have turned away from the Boston-Florida scenario for Bay. The Rays are still a possibility for him.

Boston fans I have one comment for you if this trade goes through: better luck next year. I realize that Manny is being Manny but come on. You are going to give up one of the best hitters in the game hitting behind Ortiz for Bay (step down) and Grabow(much needed bullpen help). Manny instills the fear in that lineup. Bay is a good young hitter and puts up good numbers but Manny can change a game in an instant. Management should give him whatever the fuck he wants so he shuts the fuck up. He is their franchise player. PERIOD. I know many won't agree with this but for a player of his caliber and what he has down throughout his career, he is the MVP of that team. Maybe they have and maybe they haven't but what do the players think of Manny? Has 1 or 3 players tried to talk to him? I don't know but it seems like this trade is terrible for Boston if it goes through. Good for my Yanks.

Boston fans I have one comment for you if this trade goes through: better luck next year. I realize that Manny is being Manny but come on. You are going to give up one of the best hitters in the game hitting behind Ortiz for Bay (step down) and Grabow(much needed bullpen help). Manny instills the fear in that lineup. Bay is a good young hitter and puts up good numbers but Manny can change a game in an instant. Management should give him whatever the fuck he wants so he shuts the fuck up. He is their franchise player. PERIOD. I know many won't agree with this but for a player of his caliber and what he has down throughout his career, he is the MVP of that team. Maybe they have and maybe they haven't but what do the players think of Manny? Has 1 or 3 players tried to talk to him? I don't know but it seems like this trade is terrible for Boston if it goes through. Good for my Yanks.

Absolutely true on all counts. The lineup without ManRam can be dealt with, he makes everyone else much better.In all honesty there is a good chance Boston misses the postseason anyway.

gjl, I played the Texas Under 12.5, just soooooo many runs to score there.

And down to an hour and a half....Times a wastin

total knee jerk reaction... i agree bad move for boston... if it happens

well said

Marlins have one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball so they better pull the trigger on Manny. Their offense will compensate for their pitching. Don't think they have enough to get past Cubs. Manny will also help with ticket sales, merchandising and may boost them into the playoffs. My motto has always been pitching and defense wins championships though.

Another team to watch out for is TB. I live in TB and have followed this team closely. If they get a middle reliever and a solid bat this team will go far. They have awesome young pitching and their defense is solid. Landing Bay would be a very nice move. Not sure if management wants to screw up the chemistry this team has had this year though.

Marlins have one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball so they better pull the trigger on Manny. Their offense will compensate for their pitching. Don't think they have enough to get past Cubs. Manny will also help with ticket sales, merchandising and may boost them into the playoffs. My motto has always been pitching and defense wins championships though.

when your 2 best pitchers have been out for the 1st half of the year it was hard for the fish pitching to be worth a shit.. it will improve ...the defense is the real problem.. cantu is the worst 3rd baseman and hanley makes way to many shit throws.. jacobs is shit

Back