Congratulations to the Public

• Thread starter Thread starter Austintx_05
  • Start date Start date
A

Austintx_05

Once again you pull lucky covers out of your ass.

Wash/Clev....wanna go for anymore? or should I just join your side and be a square....:down:

MX_259 said:
I guess I shouldn't say never, sometimes line movement is insurance.

ha ha public wins sometimes so vegas can rape em the next

Supersav said:
ha ha public wins sometimes so vegas can rape em the next

Yeah they do, but that Washington game was rediculous. Cats had the lead in the 4th...anyoner who denies the pub is blind

I have not personally liked Cleveland much this year, just the spot was good. They have been very unreliable and I could totally agree with anyone betting against them.

MX_259 said:
I have not personally liked Cleveland much this year, just the spot was good. They have been very unreliable and I could totally agree with anyone betting against them.

I would love to hear your reasoning as to why the Cavs laying 5 points on the road was a good spot?

Yeah, Charlotte did make their impressive comeback, just failed to convert in the end and started fouling early. Washington was solid from the line.

MX_259 said:
Yeah, Charlotte did make their impressive comeback, just failed to convert in the end and started fouling early. Washington was solid from the line.

Translation : Charlotte gave the game away.

and after BC & SN's debate on the Memphis total it persuaded me to not take the Under in Memphis, and it will cash....

today blows

Yes they did. They also didn't have two key guys who likely would have held the lead for them. Brevin, for instance, wouldn't have let that shit happen, and there's no way in hell I bet the Bullets if he was in there.

As far as cleveland winning big.. i mentioned in red's thread that this was a huge revenge spot against a banged up atlanta team. I know cleveland sucks on the road but there were more lebron fans there then hawks. Im sure atl gave out LBJ bobbleheads for that one.

Only reason I found value in that play is Brevin's absence. I base alot of my plays on injury.

Austin, personally, I'm with you on the Cavs...TERRIBLE road team.

The Bullets have been something like 5-1 in their last 6 on the road now, tho...

I would not bet against washington until gilbert cools off.. HIBACHI.. the run he is on is one of the greatest EVER. HE cant miss

may have been, but I think revenge in basketball is different than football. I think it weighs more in foots. Either way, Hawks had this game whittled down to 5, so the opportunity was there. But I guess if LeBron doesn't win one in blowout fashion his Nike ads might not sell as well.

Well considering joe was 4 - 17 i was suprised the game was that close.. he is one of the best shooters in the league

Sure you can say Arenas is hot, but the fact is late 3rd/early 4th Wiz were down and Bobcats let em back in. Morrison's dumb ass bricks a 3 out of a timeout which leads the way for a Wiz cover. You bet the Wiz you got lucky...but you made out better than I did. I 'm not sure anyone who bet the Wiz tonight thought it would even be close.

I see what your saying, but you got to think the bobcats are a young team who struggle greatly to close out games. I didnt watch the game so i dont know what happened. But it happens

Yeah it does. Its what happens when I bet on shit teams. Part of my thinking goes back to how the Wiz played earlier in the year. Before this last streak of the Wiz, would anyoen of layed 5 points with Wash. I don't think they would, thus I thought the line was inflated. It was and I still lost.

1) Cavs won by 11 earlier in the month against a full Atlanta team with the same line (-3.5).

2) Cavs had lost 4 road games in a row. They were playing against a team which they have proven to beat and could grab a road win to stop the slide.

3) J. Johnson was guarded by one of the most consistant defensive guards in the league. Atl had to rely too much on his production and Snow shut him down like he had in the past 2 games.

4) J. Smith and T Lue were both out of the game with injuries. Lue ripped the Cavs apart earlier this year. Cavs did not have to worry about him this game and Atl had to rely on role players who had NOT proven themselves against the Cavs this season.

5) Cavs have lots of inside presence to stop Pachulia. Z, Gooden, Varejo, and even Marshall out rebounded and kept Atl out of the paint. Which made ATL rely too much on outside shooting by their lower tier players.

6) Cavs are the better team. Laying 4 or 5 pts against an mediocre injuried team is a joke.

7) As stated above: Atlanta was out 2 of their top players for tonight.

8) Cavs are fighting for the best record in their conference.

9) Cavs were on a lot of rest.

Austintx_05 said:
Sure you can say Arenas is hot, but the fact is late 3rd/early 4th Wiz were down and Bobcats let em back in. Morrison's dumb ass bricks a 3 out of a timeout which leads the way for a Wiz cover. You bet the Wiz you got lucky...but you made out better than I did. I 'm not sure anyone who bet the Wiz tonight thought it would even be close.

You are correct in my case. If I win a bet by 1 or 2, then I consider it a fuckup that I got lucky on...

However, throughout the 3rd quarter, imo, the refs were not calling kitty fouls, and they were calling all sorts of Bullet fouls - Haywood in particular seemed to have garnered their ire. Perhaps it's my biased perception, but a 16 pt deficit turned into an eventual Bobcat lead of 5. Then Gilbert got tired of driving, getting fouled, and not getting the calls, and the Wiz just started putting up outside shots. Enough went in.

Last 3 minutes, the Bobcats played like utter shit. They couldn't hit a shot...even layups. It's not like the Wiz were getting stops, Charlotte was just missing and not getting the rebounds...or were clobbering on the rebounds, and the bullets' guards were getting rebounds directly under the basket away from Okafor and Wallace.

The cover is the luck of the last minute...

Did you watch the game?

Austintx_05 said:
Yeah it does. Its what happens when I bet on shit teams. Part of my thinking goes back to how the Wiz played earlier in the year. Before this last streak of the Wiz, would anyoen of layed 5 points with Wash. I don't think they would, thus I thought the line was inflated. It was and I still lost.

I'm curious. Do you think the recent performances of the Wiz are a series of flukes?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, bro. I really want to know. Through out the second half I was a grouchy git cus I thought I had lost this one...

I honestly thought the wiz should be favored by 7 or so in that game. Compare the 2 teams in their last 10. Werent the bobcats comin off a b2b as well? Gilbert barely played the night before in a walk through..

Wiz have won 11 out of their last 13.. Bobcats have won 2 out of their last 10.. 5 points imho seemed low.

I got -5.5 +110 and thought I was smart...

maybe I'm just deluded. Shrug. I don't ever expect to go 60%...I'm currently right at 52%. If I get 55% for the season, I'll be thrilled.

Wizards are totally coming into form. They are playing some great team basketball along with Arenas being just unreal. I think Kobe motivated him a little.

It takes five. As Gilbert would say, "But you're not a fool, are you?" Let's ride him baby!

Well I see I am outnumbered here. Time to put this thread to rest.

Does it matter? I lost. Thats the end and it actually looks like I am going 0-5 tonight. Plus jackass posts like gpcyan don't make me want ot give my thoughts. I'm the idiot ho bet on shit ass teams and is going 0-5. Just remember that.

the masses loved the last minute in Memphis - 14 pts, in a 20 pt blowout, to deliver Over.

Thats 2 MEM Overs in 2 days I thought were too good to be true with the opening lines, and they still come in.

Yeah. I jst look like an idiot with no clue when I go 0-5....fucking pathetic and then I get shit for it from some of these posters. Yet people post the Heat minues Shaq as GOY's and they get praised.

Funny how that works.

You may be outnumbered but your opinions do weigh in. I got moosed on the Wash game. Although I should have known better to fade a team who is very very hot right now. I follow many of your picks but I believe that sometimes public plays are smart plays as well. I don't pay too much attention to the pub, just look at matchups and make plays...

No one cares about my opinions, trust me.

Take a look at my threads. The only one who post in them are me. I could go on, but its not use.

Austin I don't appreiciate being called a jackass.

I posted because you asked me for proof.

I stated my reasons for betting the game in a very terse and sharp way.

Didn't mean to sound negative, but I don't like jabs at me either.

I followed you a lot last year over at covers bro. You have proven to post winners. Don't fret on a lousy day.

I'm the only one to post in my thread as well, but thats doesnt stop me from expressing my picks and opinions on games.

Keep your head up and go back at it tomorrow.

Austin I don't think anyone here thinks negative of an 0-5 day, I'll bet my entire account that everyone of us has had a day of such and will have another one, hopefully not though. This website brings much help to everyone who participates in the right ways. And don't think that no one posting in your threads means anything negative, I don't get many posts in my thread, sometimes I get some sometimes none. I recieved one today, and right now I am 6-0-1, and it just happens I had a good day today, I am coming of a 2-9 drought so hopefully the good days keep coming for me and with you to. If one of us wins it's a chance that we can all win. No need for any bitter arguements, of course were not going to all agree, but we should appreciate others thoughts for the better or worse.

MX - It really doesn't matter. I went 2-0 yesterday, no one cares. Yet I bring up some bad beats and the whole board jumps in to go against me. Figures. I'm not here for a fan club, so I don't really care. Yet I find it funny that some who have left other sites, to leave the bashing behind still post hrre and there cause deep down they love the attention.

Austintx_05 said:
Does it matter? I lost. Thats the end and it actually looks like I am going 0-5 tonight. Plus jackass posts like gpcyan don't make me want ot give my thoughts. I'm the idiot ho bet on shit ass teams and is going 0-5. Just remember that.

Well, your perspective matters to me because you might be right. And there are a few more games this season on which I might get as much info as I can. However, I understand if you're done.

redbearde said:
Well, your perspective matters to me because you might be right. And there are a few more games this season on which I might get as much info as I can. However, I understand if you're done.

What was your question?

my question was:

Do you think the recent performances of the Wiz are a series of flukes?

because you said you were going by the earlier woeful performances of the Bullets on the road.

So I'm wondering what the thought processes were. The Wiz have had an inordinate number of assinine high shooting percentages...you think that's going to run out, soon? Perhaps you thought they were going to get tired off the B2B?

Or was it the lines analysis? Conglomeration of all these things?

I honestly expected a relatively easy DD win for the Bullets. Obviously I was wrong, the ats cover notwithstanding. So I'm looking for explanations of why my thinking was wrong. Which, given the game evidence, it was. The cats played a lot better than I thought they would. Or perhaps the Wiz just doesn't believe in defense...

redbearde said:
my question was:

Do you think the recent performances of the Wiz are a series of flukes?

because you said you were going by the earlier woeful performances of the Bullets on the road.

So I'm wondering what the thought processes were. The Wiz have had an inordinate number of assinine high shooting percentages...you think that's going to run out, soon? Perhaps you thought they were going to get tired off the B2B?

Or was it the lines analysis? Conglomeration of all these things?

I honestly expected a relatively easy DD win for the Bullets. Obviously I was wrong, the ats cover notwithstanding. So I'm looking for explanations of why my thinking was wrong. Which, given the game evidence, it was. The cats played a lot better than I thought they would. Or perhaps the Wiz just doesn't believe in defense...

I think its in the middle. It wasn't os much b2b, but that the Wiz are still not a good road team. They aren't as bad as they started out as, and they are not as good as they seem to be right now. There are certain teams that should not be layign more than 1 possession on the road and the Wiz & Cavs are 2 of those teams. Also, as hot as some teams appear to be, it will only last for so long. I actually like the inside play of Charlotte and knew they would give Wash problems. Any team that plays defense will. My play on Charlotte had a bit to do with the line. Would Wash be -9, -10 @ home? I wouldn't think they would be that big of a fav, but I went 0-5 today so what the hell do I know? Also considering there is no defense played for Was, getting amost 3 possessions at home seemed like the play.

Not That It Matters When I Go 0-5....jesus You Fucking Bastard...you Owe Me!

One thing the Lord told me about poker...when you step to the table, you're on your own.

I assume the same is true of sportsbetting.

over the season, you'll be fine. these days are tough to take, I know. Here was my contribution of jackassery.

Yes. 0-2 ML, 0-5 spread.

Fade the celtics til Pierce gets back.

Back