Conference Finals bets and thoughts

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
Today I will try some big stakes to try and open this stage on high note and nice profit. I believe that later in the series (both of them), we will see teams making adjustments, but the first game should be a direct continuation of their playoff so far.

Under 174 - 10 units stake

All three encounters between the teams in regular season ended with an Under. In two out of three the score was lower than the Total set for tonight. Both teams knew almost at the beginning of the season that they will play each other in the Finals, so it was hardly a surprise and both teams were ready for that and learned each other well.
Both teams win games through defense. Boston won Game 7 against the Hawks by stopping them on 65 points. Boston won Game 7 against Cavs with high score, but if remember how it all begin, you will see that Boston started very strong defensively, stopping Cleveland on only four points, taking early lead that they never lost.
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
<ST1:place w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> of course also known for their defense and finished off <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Orlando</st1:City></ST1:place> and Philly through defense both games were Under as well.
More than that, both teams opened both previous rounds with an Under. <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> got the Under in Game one against <st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Detroit</ST1:place></st1:City> in Game one against Sixers and Orlando. Both teams will be very careful tonight. <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> knows that with their road record so far in the playoff, they must win the first two games at home and <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Detroit</ST1:place></st1:City> knows that tonight is their best chance to get the home court advantage.​

Detroit +4.5 - 6 units stake Detroit ML - 2 units stake

<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Detroit</ST1:place></st1:City> are the better team in this series I believe. In the regular season there wasn't a team that could handle <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City>, but we all seen that while <st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> only improved in play off, <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Boston</ST1:place></st1:City> simply can't find their rhythm. Allen is out of focus, the bench became irrelevant, Rivers looks like the mediocre coach at best, something that we all knew, but <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></ST1:place> of the regular season looked as if Rivers got some new coaching skills as well.
<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Boston</ST1:place></st1:City> will need to make many adjustments in order to qualify for the NBA Finals, but they only finished their series against the Cavs and had little time to rest or to prepare for this game. We have to remember that we are dealing with pretty old teams, so the rest is also important factor, especially in Pistons case, giving Billups the chance to nurse his injury and he should be on top of his game tonight. I'm having trouble imaging Allen running constantly guarding Rip, one of the hardest working SG in the history of the league I believe. I have to be honest, I don't remember how much each SG in the league runs each game, but I watch Rip in the game and I just can't understand, how can he constantly move. Don't he get tired? Need to catch a breath? The most amazing thing is that when he receives the ball and shoots, he looks stable and relaxed as if he is a spot shooter and not a player that ran every second of that offense. Another question is how <ST1:place w:st="on">Cassel</ST1:place> and Rondo will be able to guard Billups? I don't know the answer to that. I believe that they simply can't. With such advantage in the guards, <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Detroit</ST1:place></st1:City> shouldn't lose to any team, no matter what they got in the other positions. That is without mentioning the fact that two of the best Pistons defenders are in the exact position that <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Boston</ST1:place></st1:City> stars play. Prince on Pierce and Rasheed on Garnett. I'm not ruling out <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> chances to win the game and the series, but much will have to change in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Boston</ST1:place></st1:City> in order for them to do so and they will have to prove that they did just that.​

Best of luck everybody!!!

Another 10 Units Play ! :36_11_6:

I loved it , I liked it and I want ....

:shake:

Yeah, more luck thn brain that bet was... :)
usually Detroit holds the ball in such situation...

Under was easy money, Detroit +4.5 and ML lost and +10.5 won. I was mainly worried about the line, because the loss on Detroit allows us to try and get the money in game number 2. That is if Rip won't get suspended for that elbow on Garnett...

A few thoughts after this game. First of all, Boston haven't presented anything new. Allen sucked, but made a few good drives to the basket. Pierce continues to be on fire. KG took over the game, but I doubt it will last a series... Boston were the same team we seen them in playoff so far.

The problem was Detroit. Billups still injured or just rusty. Anyway, this is not the player we know, but it is his first game back and first game the last two weeks. Third quarter TO killed the game for Detroit and that is Rip's fault. He tried to speed things up and continued to turn over the ball. Add to that the poor game of Sheed going 3 of 12 (if he woulnd't have made the two shots in a row, he would have been with only one field goal!). Hayes haven't seen any playing time and that was a mistake I believe. Great defender and can nail a three as well.
Detroit got a decent shot of winning game 2, as long as Rip will be eligible to play...

Just stop with the 60 units plays and it all will be ok :)

60 units play = SUCK ! LOL...

--10 units play =keep on coming !

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

I loved it ,I liked it ..And I want ...

Divol - Thanks -

Last edited:
Detroit to win and +5 - 5 units play each

Well there is nothing much to write to be honest. I don't think that things changed since my last tip on the Pistons two days a go. Billups was rusty, Wallace couldn't find his game, Pierce and Garnett were shooting like crazy, but in the end <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></st1:place> won by 9 points only.
Tonight I believe that Pistons should win and get the job done. Billups should come much more ready and give Rondo a lesson or two. Garnett isn't the type of player to take a team on his back two nights in a row and Sheed can't shoot 3 of 12 again. Unless Allen wakes up, I just don't believe that Pistons will allow this game to slip.
Last game the turnovers hurt Pistons badly and instead of 6 – 8 points for them, they got 4 – 6 points from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> and that is how a win can turn in to a loss. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City></st1:place> shouldn't run and I believe that they learned that and will play more solid, as they can.
If Billups and Sheed will play better, Garnett and Pierce will play slightly worse, it should be very easy win for the Pistons, but that is the beauty. Even if a few things don't go our way, this way we got another line to back ourselves in case things go wrong.
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> to win – 5 units
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> +5 – 5 units

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>​
Boston Under 89 points - 6 units play

I feel that Boston played great and still scored only 89 points. Pierce and Garnett scored a few truly great and hard shots, House's three pointer with the third quarter end and a few turnovers that turned to easy Boston points. So there were at least 8 - 10 points that Boston shouldn't have screod. I will settle for one less basket and that is my bet.

Good luck everybody!!!

Last edited:
love the plays. Good luck tonight. :shake:

great game last night, congrats on the win. We're still alive though ;) :D

15 straight Eastern Conf playoff games without a road team win of 2 pts or more. How long can the streak last?

BOL divol:cheers:

love the plays. Good luck tonight. :shake:

great game last night, congrats on the win. We're still alive though ;) :D

Yeah, you're a live. You the defending champions and it will take 4 hard wins over you to any team that wants to win it all this year...
Still, rather be 1 - 0 than 0 - 1, especially after home game :)

The Under lost, but Detroit +5 and Detroit ML - sweet money. A win after a few heartbeats is my favorite kind :)

Without writeup, Lakers -6.5 - 4 units
Lakers won the game they should have lost. They too good of a team to lose now a game they should win.

Ginobili Over 20.5 - 1 units play.

Without writeup, Lakers -6.5 - 4 units
Lakers won the game they should have lost. They too good of a team to lose now a game they should win.

Ginobili Over 20.5 - 1 units play.

Ouch !

will tailing you on Ginobilil Prop ( 5 units)

I knew that, but he is one of the toughest players in the league. Thought he would pull himself together...

Too tired lately to write the write ups, but Under 176 - 5 units looks like a decent bet.
I believe that we seen already the highest scoring game in this series but not the lowest. Boston had problems away from especially in defense, but tonight I believe that they won't go past 80 and Pistons will be stopped below 90. If this bet fails, Game 4 will be betting Under as well, so I hope that one of the two will be money.

Adding live - Pistons ML - 1 unit with 7.5 odds. Boston just can't shoot that good and Pistons can't shoot that bad... Good for trading as well, since I believe that Pistons will cut it to single digits spread and will push forward...

Too tired lately to write the write ups, but Under 176 - 5 units looks like a decent bet.
I believe that we seen already the highest scoring game in this series but not the lowest. Boston had problems away from especially in defense, but tonight I believe that they won't go past 80 and Pistons will be stopped below 90. If this bet fails, Game 4 will be betting Under as well, so I hope that one of the two will be money.

1 Basket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNDER !

All ....My luck is with you ! ( your picks) What's ... :tiphat:

Believed it or not !

Congrats JoJo! :)

Under was lucky, but it was Under from the first second till the last one. Only garbage time shots by Allen and than Rip could cause it to lose.

I know you like the 10 units play, Pistons in Game 4 will be a high stake bet, maybe all 10, depends on the line...

divol,

Before making my bets for tonight's game I'd like to know which sides you are on? I am leaning on the Lakers and over. Thank you.

Are you the same divol from betshoot? I like to see your picks and those of almondeyed before making my plays. Thanks again.

Eddie, in Israel it was 2:42 AM when you wrote the question,so I was sleeping already :)

I'm a Lakers fan so I haven't touched this game, but it was Spurs written all over it. Game 4 on the other hand, should be much closer and has a big chance for surprise I believe and Lakers ML or with the line should be a nice bet.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit -6 - 8 units stake</st1:place></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> comes to tonight's game with back against the wall. A loss tonight and they will be one game from elimination, three games left to play. I don't believe it will happen.
Boston played almost the perfect game the past two games and still lost one game and one the second, but failed to really beat the Pistons and I had the feeling all the game that Pistons were basket or two away from comeback. Every time that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> needed a stop, they managed to make one, but each time KG was on the rebound to tip the ball to one of the Celtics players. I counted at least 4 such offenses that were crucial for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> and were saved thanks to those tips. I'm a strong believer that things usually even out. If we suppose that the difference on the boards was <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></st1:place>'s desire to win that was bigger, than this is a factor that will be with the Pistons tonight.
If we look at the shooting of both teams, than we can see that Celtics shot the ball almost perfect the last game and a half. Perkins in Game 3 thought he was an All Star or something. One of his best games that I seen this year. The best to be more accurate. Pistons on the other hand, couldn't find their game. Billups and Prince combined scored 10 points with 3 from 17 from the field! Four starters, besides Rip Hamilton, scored combined 30 points! And still, they managed to be one run away from returning to the game. That was simply amazing. I just don't believe that this will continue.
I believe that tonight Billups + Prince + Sheed will score between 40 to 50 points, Boston will return to their normal offensive self and that means that Boston will score around 80 points and Detroit around 90 points. I'm a bit worried about the line, but the money line is just too low. I will take Pistons with the line, but only 8 units stake. About Pistons winning, I have no doubts about that one.​

Will be later with one or two more plays on the game...

Wallace to score more than Rondo, Cassel, Posey, Allen or Mcdyess - 3 units stake with great 3.5 odds.
If you have Total for Sheed/ Billups, you really should take the Over. If you bet in Stan James, than you got a nice offer as this one.
Pistons must have Billups and Sheed on good form to win this game and Sheed knows that he is partially responsible for losing game 3, with mediocre game and poorly defending KG and one of the main reasons for losing game one. He owes a nice win to Detroit and Sheed usually delivers in such situations.
I decided to back this bet with Allen - 1 unit. If Allen wins, we are even.

Last edited:
Boston Under 85 points - 4 units stake

Boston had gone Over the 85 points mark on each of the three games between the teams so far and that is why I'm taking the Under bet with low stakes only. Still, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> shot with great percentage the last two games and I doubt it will continue much further. I can count easily at least 15 – 20 points that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> made and could have easily gone the other way the past two games. In Game 2, I can count the three that House scored with the buzzer and 3 – 4 shots by Garnett and Pierce that were almost impossible to make and they made it. You can add the three pointer by Rondo and you got many points that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> had a luck factor in them. In Game 3 I can count the last basket by Allen that was made in garbage time and all the second chance opportunities that I doubt will happen again.
Tonight <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> will score around 80 points, maybe even less.​

That was the last bet for this game. Hoping to have a sweep.

2 out of 3 and what gets me the most is that Wallace did the Over on his total, but Mcdyess was simply great. Too bad that I couldn't get a bet on Sheed's total in any of the bookies I play...
Detroit easy win and Under for Boston is good as well.

Tonight Lakers with the line or ML will be the bet, should be money as well...

Detroit -6 - 8 units stake

Boston Under 85 points - 4 units stake

Boston will return to their normal offensive self and that means that Boston will score around : 80 points and Detroit around 90 points.

I want to post 45 smileys ! but I'm sure it'll annoy everybody !

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6: x 9

Divol, :thumbsup:

Lakers to win - 5 units

The only reason why I'm worried about this bet is because it became a public bet and that is the type of bets that I'm always trying to avoid. Still, Lakers is the right bet here without a doubt.
This is basically the same logic for me that guided me in yesterday's game between Pistons and Celtics. Lakers stayed in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">L.A.</st1:City></st1:place> in Game 3 and still were in the game till the end.
Beyond the fact that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> is beyond words already, Lakers looked ready to take the title. As a Lakers fan, this is the only series so far that I had concerns about and even the 2 – 0 lead haven't put my mind at ease. The loss in Game 3 did just that. A team that gives such a poor night and still comes close to winning the game will take this series I believe and that is Lakers in 5 games probably. 42.6% that is the percentage of Lakers from the field in Game 3. Odom scored only 7 points, Gasol fell asleep guarding <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Duncan</st1:place></st1:City>, their great bench was a no show besides Farmar and still they were deep in the game until the fourth quarter. Spurs on the other hand played the perfect game. The trio finally showed up, with Parker scoring 20 points, Manu 30 and Duncan 22 and grabbing 21 boards. Bowen, Barry and Finley finally found their hand beyond the arc and shot 5 three in 9 attempts. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> went only once to the line to shoot free throws and Lakers had only 17 free throws and they shot only 8 of them (!!!). After all that, you would expect the Spurs to beat them 40 points easily. Lakers won by 30 points while showing much less dominance over the Spurs.
I don't see Lakers shooting below 50% from the line or shooting only 17 free throws. I don't see the Spurs trio shooting again 72 points. I don't see another game for Lakers with only three players scoring in double digits, one of them Farmar. It was the worse game in the playoff for the Lakers and one of the best for the Spurs and Lakers know that. They left the floor feeling that they played awful and that they lost the game more than Spurs won the game. If I'm <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jackson</st1:place></st1:City>, I'm glad about the way the loss occurred. Tonight we will see much closer game and this time Lakers should come on top I believe.
The line gives us a bit of a cushion, but the money line gives us really nice odds and a great chance for a nice profit. Each can make his decision what he prefers. I preferred the ML, but that's your call.​

Best of luch everybody!!!

LA Lakers v SA Spurs 12 @ 2.52 100.00 USD
LA Lakers v SA Spurs +4.5/-4.5 [AH] 12 @ 1.91 200.00 USD

I am with you divol

Thanks Satyr. Barry was simply great. Maybe it is because his father, Rick, is in our country, the Holy Land? :)
Still, won't be easy in Staples Center...

Lakers to win - 5 units

...I preferred the ML, but that's your call. ...

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6: x 8

my 128 units wager will be the next play ! What's gonna be !

OMG ! Holly cow...

Divol, :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, but JoJo, stop with the giant units wagers. I don't know your units system, but to have such giants leaps betweens the bets is never a good idea. You can win 80% of the time and still be deep in losses...

Divol,

This's just suggestion-I don't know if you set yourself with 2 bank roll-

I did -and the one with MDF plays ( thanks to Flounder101) now I'm on the 2nd try with 128 units at stake ! ( lost the 1st at 63.5 units) All by follow your picks !
Thanks alot and thank to CTG -(having you as member)

Dame I'm gonna to be drunk to nite -and not working tomorrow !

:36_11_6:

Thanks guys, but JoJo, stop with the giant units wagers. I don't know your units system, but to have such giants leaps betweens the bets is never a good idea. You can win 80% of the time and still be deep in losses...

Thanks Divol -

my 1unit= 1 smiley

I set up with 2 bank roll -One for regular -the other as MDF plays ( thanks Flounder101)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back