CollegeFootball Wk Three

added Tims play
Virginia Tech* -7 -130 vs East Carolina x1
I made this game 7 pts diff but Tim thinks the Hokie D can make the difference and I have to agree.
See Tims writeup

Maryland* -7 -120 vs Connecticut x2
This line is moving against me as I see it @ 6.5 now. I dont understand but if it goes to 6 I will have to add another U. See Tims writeup...again

Good luck hound. Grab yourself a clothespin off the washing line for that EMU bet

LOL it aint over yet Mars...I'm just depending on Rutgers to call it a day early :) :) We'll discuss the game on Mon
Have a Great wkend and BOL on them All

I'll post my picks on your thread again this week if you don't mind, Blood.

I went 4-2-1 last week, lost one game W KY with -5 turnovers, won one, Miami +5.

I'm with you on Oregon, but had to lay 21. Oregon and UCLA are the only two I've played so far.

I didn't see that you played either side of UCLA/Neb. Do you have a feeling on that game?

Lean to Auburn so I will be with you on that one, lean to Colorado (I love to bet Mike MacIntyer and am 2-0 with him this year) so will go opposite you on that one.

Lean on Maryland, I see it the same way you do and I like to play the best coach. Hate to give points on the road though so I usually end up passing even when I like a team, but I like that 6x a lot better than 7.

Lean to several dogs, Texas Tech, BC, Ole Miss, Vandy, Iowa State, but won't decide until late Friday.

I want to play aTm/Bama, but may pass. Both teams land right in the wheelhouse of so many factors I like to bet on I can't come up with a play either way. One of my biggest factors is a great team I know is motivated and that's Bama, but equally big is a school playing the biggest game in the life of the players. Not only is aTm doing that, it is the biggest game in the history of the school and they've been around for 150 years.

Anyway, I'll post any picks I make and look forward to hearing thoughts of you and other handicappers on any of the above.

Last edited:

I went 4-2-1 last week, lost one game W KY with -5 turnovers, won one, Miami +5.

I'm with you on Oregon, but had to lay 21. Oregon and UCLA are the only two I've played so far.

I didn't see that you played either side of UCLA/Neb. Do you have a feeling on that game?

Lean to Auburn so I will be with you on that one, lean to Colorado (I love to bet Mike MacIntyer and am 2-0 with him this year) so will go opposite you on that one.

Lean on Maryland, I see it the same way you do and I like to play the best coach. Hate to give points on the road though so I usually end up passing even when I like a team, but I like that 6x a lot better than 7.

Lean to several dogs, Texas Tech, BC, Ole Miss, Vandy, Iowa State, but won't decide until late Friday.

I want to play aTm/Bama, but may pass. Both teams land right in the wheelhouse of so many factors I like to bet on I can't come up with a play either way. One of my biggest factors is a great team I know is motivated and that's Bama, but equally big is a school playing the biggest game in the life of the players. Not only is aTm doing that, it is the biggest game in the history of the school and they've been around for 150 years.

Anyway, I'll post any picks I make and look forward to hearing thoughts of you and other handicappers on any of the above.
==================================================
Good to see U had a winning wk Tahoe. Feel free to post here and especially if u continue to go 4-2 each wk :)
I am running behind posting all of my plays.Posting is secondary to me as I have to get the home work done 1st and then try and get the # that I want, then I post I do enjoy the feedback that I get in this thread though, so I try and post at least a small comment on all games.
I caught UCLA @ +6 earlier and bought it to +7

UCLA* +7 -140 vs Nebraska x2
UCLA/Nebraska* Over 69 -110 x1
UCLA* +170 vs Nebraska x1
I caught this line @ +6 and bought it to +7 but I really dont think the pts mean much here as I see a 1-3 pt win for UCLA. I think Jim Mora is the better coach and UCLA QB Hundley will present to many problem Nebraska D is not what we are used to. So I like the Bruins but I dont think its a game to loadup on.
Oregon* -20 -110 vs Tennessee x2
Tennessee/Oregon* Over 72 -110 x2
I feel like a got a good line on Oregon and I like it to 28 but not over. I think Tenn get 21 on the Duck but there is no damn telling how many the Duck will put on Tenn. U know that Oregon will try hard to put in on a SEC team.

On Auburn and I am not convinces about Colorado yet.

On TT , IowaSt, and BC, Lean OleMiss but against Vandy big.

I am on BAMA but only for two. I will write thoughts on this game as I have time...but its not a game to load up on imo.

GL this wk Tahoe

Why are u takin up space in hounds topic? U know u can make ur own topic soal

Thursday
Texas Tech* +4 -110 vs TCU x2
added
TCU/Texas Tech* Under 63 -110 x1
Texas Tech* +150 vs TCU x1

added
Tulane* +7½ -110 vs Louisiana Tech x2
Tulane* +255 vs Louisiana Tech x1
Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 57 -120 x1

added
Arkansas State* -7 -140 vs Troy x 1
Troy/Arkansas State* Over 65 -130 x2

added
parlay 200/266
Texas Tech* +10 -325 vs TCU
Tulane* +14 -280 vs Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State* -320 vs Troy

That is outstanding!

Good morning guys. Way behind on posting these games so lets get busy.

Let me say once again,
Anyone is welcome to post in my threads. I would love to hear constructive comments but if u think I'm full of 'shit' on my picks, say so, but at least give me some feedback as to 'why' . I am a very old man, set in my ways, and not in to trash talking the way a lot of younger fellas are. I have respect for everyone until they prove they are not worthy of respect....so lets get it on

Auburn* -6 -130
vs Mississippi State x1
Mississippi State/Auburn* Under 52 -140 x 1
Gus Malzhan is working his stuff with Auburn O and their bend but dont break D is winning games.MSU’s QB Russell returns from injury but will not be full strength. Both small plays but I think its a 28-14 game

Alabama* -7 -110 vs Texas A&M x2
Alabama/Texas A&M* Over 59 -140 x2
I am sure the cappers that know me are wondering why I only have 200 on Bama.... I played this small because I want to sit back and enjoy this game and be uptight if this is a close game.
two or three different scenarios for this game.
Being a big Bama fan, I see Saban having a great game plan and will stop Manziel by making defensive adjustments that do a better job of containing the A&M offense, which gained 418 yards in last year’s 29-24 game. Wont happen again....I hope :)
I believe in my heart that Bama Offense has a good game against an A&M D that is weak imo. At least not in the same class as VT's D. When I capp a game I always look at defenses 1st, especially a home dog, and Aggie stop unit that gave up 509 yds. in home opener vs. Rice and then allowed SHSt to put up 28 pts. McCarron completed 21-of-34 pass attempts for 309 yards last year against the Aggies but the turnovers were his downfall. In week one against Virginia Tech, he wasn't at his best, but was good enough, completing 10-of-23 passes with one touchdown and one interception while getting sacked four times with a very young inexperiences line leaking bad.I feel the O line will be much better against this Aggies D Yeldon to have to bear the load. Against the Hokies, he carried the ball 17 times for 75 yards and a touchdown. Last season, Yeldon averaged 6.3 yards per carry while accumulating 1,108 rushing yards and 12 TD. Against A&M, however, Yeldon had just 10 carries for 29 yards and a touchdown.He will be much improved this wk Last year Ala D did not force a single turnover and allowed the Aggies to convert on 11-of-18 third-down attempts. We'll see a big change for the better this wk
Another scenario is BAMA win but doesnt cover, playing well but allowing Menziel to get free and keep it close.
And worse case, Johnny U does his ''improvising thing'' and has his typycal game and Saban and his Defense can not contain him as in the 1st half last yr.
And I will admit I can see any of the above happening. Breaking the sides down, I give Alabama the advantage in all but two cats. A&M has the better Offensive line and maybe a slight edge in the kicking game.
But in a game like this, ANYTHING can happen in a game like this...just sitback and enjoy

GL guys

Penn State* -3 -140 vs Central Florida x5
Central Florida/Penn State* Under 52 -150 x1
One of my larger plays of the wk.While I have respect UCF O’Leary as a coach, bCFU haven’t beaten many high-profile foes the last six years @1-8 SU last 9 vs. BCS foes and their only win came at home vs. BC. Knight QB Bortles will have problems against a good experienced Penn State 2ndary which ranks 16th in pass eff. defense), while PSU DL has allowed just 66 ypg on the ground. I like this one a lot @ 6 or below.

Ball State* -1 -120 vs North Texas x1
I wanted to play the Over in this one but its right on my # so will but it in a parlay bought down to 51. I am impressed with Ball State QB Wenning looking very good in first 2 games @665 YP, 5 TDP, 0 int.Ball State defense looks a bit improved. And depth at RB with soph Banks & Williamson makes up for possible absence of jr. Edwards who suffered a concussion and missed Army game.

Congrats on a great Thurday nite. :cheers:

I love your Alabama reasoning - - small (for you LOL bet )
I'm going to watch - with no investment riding.

Hope you are right on the Auburn call.
Was leaning UCF but don't like to see you on other side.
I've watched PSU twice now and have been disappointed.
They could have put that Syracuse game away but screwed up getting the cover.
And on the other hand, one can make the case they were lucky to escape with a W.
Maybe QB gets better - he's a freshman I think - but I thought he looked shaky as hell.
I admit that I turned my attention elsewhere late in that EMU win. But EMU is a bad team, aren't they?
Haven't focussed on Ball NT yet.
GL

South Carolina* -10 -140 vs Vanderbilt x5
Vanderbilt/South Carolina* Under 52 -140 x2
Im seeing this game differently than most. Yes, I bought his to 10 and loaded up on it, but I still like it @ 14.Georgia had some effective offensive schemes designed to neutralize Clowney last Saturday and you know that Vandy coaches are spending hours looking at video from that game hoping to do the same thing...but they want be able to. I think USC shuts down Vandy O and wins this one 35-14

Rice* -1 -120 vs Kansas x2
Rice* -3 -110 vs
Kansas x3 hit his again at -3 total of 5 U
Kansas/Rice* Over 59 -110 x2
Kansas thinks it has a better offense this season but not good enough against a potent Rice “O” that is alternating QBs McHargue & Jackson. I can see a large margin of victory here against a Jhawks team still looking for their first Weis win over a BCS team. Kan had a hard fought 31-14 result vs. the South Dakota Coyotes against whom BYU transfer QB Jake Heaps passed for only 110 yards If it wasnt for the hugh revenge factor here I would play this one for more but Kan missed a couple of short FG last yr which really took the wind out of their sails.

South Carolina* -10 -140 vs Vanderbilt x5
Vanderbilt/South Carolina* Under 52 -140 x2
Im seeing this game differently than most. Yes, I bought his to 10 and loaded up on it, but I still like it @ 14.Georgia had some effective offensive schemes designed to neutralize Clowney last Saturday and you know that Vandy coaches are spending hours looking at video from that game hoping to do the same thing...but they want be able to. I think USC shuts down Vandy O and wins this one 35-14

Rice* -1 -120 vs Kansas x2
Rice* -3 -110 vs
Kansas x3 hit his again at -3 total of 5 U
Kansas/Rice* Over 59 -110 x2
Kansas thinks it has a better offense this season but not good enough against a potent Rice “O” that is alternating QBs McHargue & Jackson. I can see a large margin of victory here against a Jhawks team still looking for their first Weis win over a BCS team. Kan had a hard fought 31-14 result vs. the South Dakota Coyotes against whom BYU transfer QB Jake Heaps passed for only 110 yards If it wasnt for the hugh revenge factor here I would play this one for more but Kan missed a couple of short FG last yr which really took the wind out of their sails.

Congrats on a great Thurday nite. :cheers:

I love your Alabama reasoning - - small (for you LOL bet )
I'm going to watch - with no investment riding.

Hope you are right on the Auburn call.
Was leaning UCF but don't like to see you on other side.
I've watched PSU twice now and have been disappointed.
They could have put that Syracuse game away but screwed up getting the cover.
And on the other hand, one can make the case they were lucky to escape with a W.
Maybe QB gets better - he's a freshman I think - but I thought he looked shaky as hell.
I admit that I turned my attention elsewhere late in that EMU win. But EMU is a bad team, aren't they?
Haven't focussed on Ball NT yet.
GL

Thanks MrBull
States QB Hackenberg has been up tight the 1st half in his 1st two games. Although I think he gets better as time goes on, if u really like UCF, the 1st half would be the play!! I would not play against PennSt at home for the game and cover though.

U are correct, EMU is not a good team...but while Rutgers has a decent defense ,it is susceptible to a some long trash TDs late in the game as Rutgers rest some players looking ahead. If they dont rest players, I am dead on this play.
GL my friend

Thursday
added

added

added

added
parlay 200/266

Great night Blood thanks for posting your plays!!!

That is outstanding!

blood yeah baby nice job

Thanks guys but please notice that I was way the hell off on the Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 57 -120 x1 total...I will have to re-evaluate the O's on these two teams.
But I do appreciate the kind words

Arkansas* -20 -110 vs Southern Mississippi x4
Southern Mississippi/Arkansas* Over 49 -120 x2
I added to this one after the initial play. Yes I got a good # on the open but I like this to 27. Arki @ 2-0 under new HC Bielema and they have 624 RYs in 1st 2 games with RBs Collins & Williams at 303 & 277 yds. and I dont believe SoMiss can slow them down. SoMiss has no rushing O but can throw a bit which could lead to an Over here. Reading between the lines, Bielema still isnt happy with the team and was on them hard this wk in practice so I expect the Hogs to come out playing hard and will score often. This total isnt a gimme but I think it worth a play

Northern Illinois* -23 -130 vs Idaho x2
wow, this line is up to 28.5 @ present and I only capped it @ 27!! I wont recomend it @ this line but it could easily be a 31 pt game as NoIll has Eastern Illinois on deck, there is no so reason for Northern Illinois to hold anything back during this trip. Lynch and crew will score at will against an Idaho defense that has allowed 7.4 yards per play so far against two nonbowl foes from last season 51-20 topsI like the Over 60 but I cant play cause I dont know at what pt NIU will call off the dogs

BH, I know you're busy, but if you don't mind on each game can you give a rough opinion as to how far up you are willing to play a line? I know you mentioned a few here, but my local lines are a bit fucked lol.
Thanks for your insights, been fun rolling with you.

Thursday
added

added

added

added
parlay 200/266

Thanks guys but please notice that I was way the hell off on the Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 57 -120 x1 total...I will have to re-evaluate the O's on these two teams.

Blood, don't be so down on yourself. You went 8-1? Damn awesome night!

BH, I know you're busy, but if you don't mind on each game can you give a rough opinion as to how far up you are willing to play a line? I know you mentioned a few here, but my local lines are a bit fucked lol.
Thanks for your insights, been fun rolling with you.

Gosh Mike, I go to all of this trouble to get the Best line I can and now u put me on the spot asking for those kind of #s.
I said this earlier in this thread
"" If a capper wants to win in college football consistently he should have at least 80% of his home work done by opening lines. And most of the time that means staying up into the wee hours of SatNite reviewing the games of the day making notes And he must be in front of the computer or on the phone when the lines come out to catch the bad /or good #s. The #s are very important when playing for more than a few coins and as many games that I play.''''
If ur book does not take action until 2 days before the game, like a lot of locals do, please, please get u an ofshore book!! But keep ur local as he is the foundation of this thing that we do. And good to bounce late line moves off of as they may be late to catchup.
If U are putting any kind of serious coin on ur plays it probably better to ask about specific plays and I will be glad to give u a #. I say that because I dont want to be the single cause of U losing by throwing out some #s the the oldhound THINKS a team should win by!!
As said many times before, I try to make plays to key #s and in football. Now I know this is Not popular with the avg player cause they simply cant stand to pay for run/points/goals or what have u. But that 'them, and if they are winners so be it. Hell, I want even play a hook if I love the damn play....but like I said above, I'm old and set in my ways the method that I use has worked well for a long time.
Below are some examples of 'key#s' over 32 yrs of play.

[h=3]Key Numbers in College Football (1980-2012)[/h]
Scoring MarginOccurrences% of Games
1790​
8.11%​
1419​
6.43%​
914​
4.14%​
910​
4.13%​
876​
3.97%​
836​
3.79%​
799​
3.62%​
790​
3.58%​
668​
3.03%​
648​
2.94%​
640​
2.90%​
601​
2.72%​
587​
2.66%​
572​
2.59%​
535​
2.43%​
515​
2.33%​
478​
2.17%​
471​
2.14%​
467​
2.12%​
414​
1.88%​
406​
1.84%​
405​
1.84%​
405​
1.84%​
93​
1.78%​
67​
1.66%​
33​
1.51%​
31​
1.50%​
22​
1.46%​
05​
1.38%​
296​
1.34%​
294​
1.33%​
286​
1.30%​
286​
1.30%​
284​
1.29%​
242​
1.10%​
240​
1.09%​
222​
1.01%​
173​
0.78%​
171​
0.78%​
156​
0.71%​
151​
0.68%​
143​
0.65%​
138​
0.63%​
127​
0.58%​
115​
0.52%​
114​
0.52%​
94​
0.43%​
88​
0.40%​
86​
0.39%​
64​
0.29%​
50​
0.23%​
42​
0.19%​

<tbody>
[TD="bgcolor: #e5e5e5"]
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

> 50
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

0 (Ties)
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

</tbody>

now, using those #s here are the % u get by buying

[h=6]Off of Key Numbers[/h]
879​
50​
5.69%​
3895​
5000​
+1105
-2790​
-4737.5​
832​
34​
4.09%​
3820​
3400​
-420​
-4240​
-6150​
503​
18​
3.58%​
2335​
1800​
-535​
-2870​
-4037.5​
550​
19​
3.45%​
2560​
1900​
-660​
-3220​
-4500​
482​
6​
1.24%​
2350​
600​
-1750​
-4100​
-5275​
356​
17​
4.78%​
1610​
1700​
+90
-1520​
-2325​
274​
6​
2.19%​
1310​
600​
-710​
-2020​
-2675​
613​
20​
3.26%​
2865​
2000​
-865​
-3730​

<tbody>
[TD="bgcolor: #E5E5E5, colspan: 6"]
Cost to Buy a Half Point:
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #333333"]
10 Cents
[/TD]
20 Cents
[/TD]
25 Cents
[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: ddddddd"]
Line
[/TD]
#
[/TD]
Pushes to Win
[/TD]
% Hits
[/TD]
Added Losses
[/TD]
Added Wins
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF2400"]
Profit/Loss
[/TD]
Profit/Loss
[/TD]
Profit/Loss
[/TD]

</tbody>

Since buying a half point at three is profitable, let’s keep that as our example. In our 13,000+ college football game sample there were 879 games that had a line of exactly three. 50 of those games ended up landing on three exactly. This means if you would have bought a half point (to -2.5 on the favorite or +3.5 on the underdog), you would have won your bet instead of pushing it. Using 100 units per wager, we compared buying points to 10, 20, and 25 cent juice costs to see if it is actually worth paying for that half point. As you can see, there are only a two situations where it makes sense – buying off of 3 points and buying off of 17 points. Even then it is only profitable if you can find the half point at a 10 cent price (e.g. -3 (-110) and you can buy down to -2.5 at -120).

[h=6]Onto Key Numbers[/h]
+3​
7.50%​
640​
48​
2720​
4800​
+2080
-640​
-2000​
-3​
5.92%​
743​
44​
3275​
4400​
+1125
-2150​
-3787.5​
+7​
5.56%​
666​
37​
2960​
3700​
+740
-2220​
-3700​
-7​
5.66%​
495​
28​
2195​
2800​
+605
-1590​
-2687.5​
+10​
4.56%​
307​
14​
1395​
1400​
+5
-1390​
-2087.5​
-10​
4.89%​
327​
16​
1475​
1600​
+125
-1350​
-2087.5​
-4​
3.41%​
411​
14​
1915​
1400​
-515​
-2430​
-3387.5​
+4​
4.31%​
743​
32​
3395​
3200​
-195​
-3590​
-5287.5​
-14​
4.19%​
358​
15​
1640​
1500​
-140​
-1780​
-2600​
-14​
5.92%​
304​
18​
1340​
1800​
+460
-880​
-1550​
+17​
4.52%​
221​
10​
1005​
1000​
-5​
-1010​
-1512.5​
-17​
5.03%​
199​
10​
895​
1000​
+105
-790​
-1237.5​

<tbody>
[TD="colspan: 7"]
Cost To Buy a Half Point:
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #333333, align: center"] 10 Cents [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #333333, align: center"] 20 Cents [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #333333, align: center"] 25 Cents [/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: dddddd"]
Spread
[/TD]
Buy to
[/TD]
% Lands
[/TD]
#
[/TD]
Loss to push
[/TD]
Added Losses
[/TD]
Added Wins
[/TD]
Profit/Loss
[/TD]
Profit/Loss
[/TD]
Profit/Loss
[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: e5e5e5"]
+2.5
[/TD]

[/TD]

+6.5
[/TD]

[/TD]

+9.5
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

+3.5
[/TD]

+13.5
[/TD]

[/TD]

+16.5
[/TD]

[/TD]

</tbody>

The numbers tell us that buying up or down from several numbers would be profitable (at the right price). For example, when buying down from -3.5 to -3, there have been 743 games where the line was 3 points and 44 that ended on exactly 3 points.

This means if you bought a half point, you would have had 44 pushes instead of 44 losses. We based the results on 100 units per bet and the results showed that as long as buying the half point only cost you 10 cents (e.g. original line was -3.5 (-110) and you were able to get -3 (-120), or better, you would end up turning a profit).

While we're at it, here are some Total key #s

[h=3]Key Numbers for College Football Totals[/h]
Points Scored
Occurrences
% of Games
653​
2.99%​
650​
2.97%​
627​
2.87%​
613​
2.80%​
610​
2.79%​
603​
2.76%​
596​
2.73%​
579​
2.65%​
548​
2.51%​
532​
2.43%​
509​
2.33%​
508​
2.32%​
489​
2.24%​
470​
2.15%​
427​
1.95%​
423​
1.94%​
409​
1.87%​
403​
1.84%​
383​
1.75%​
382​
1.75%​
377​
1.72%​
375​
1.72%​
372​
1.70%​
361​
1.65%​
360​
1.65%​
355​
1.62%​
353​
1.62%​
347​
1.59%​
331​
1.51%​
326​
1.49%​
322​
1.47%​
320​
1.46%​
310​
1.42%​
304​
1.39%​
270​
1.24%​
258​
1.18%​
253​
1.16%​
244​
1.12%​
240​
1.10%​
235​
1.08%​
221​
1.01%​
220​
1.01%​
213​
0.97%​
212​
0.97%​
199​
0.91%​
197​
0.90%​
191​
0.87%​
187​
0.86%​
186​
0.85%​
177​
0.81%​
173​
0.79%​
164​
0.75%​
160​
0.73%​
155​
0.71%​
153​
0.70%​
143​
0.65%​
139​
0.64%​
126​
0.58%​
117​
0.54%​
104​
0.48%​
104​
0.48%​
103​
0.47%​
91​
0.42%​
91​
0.42%​
87​
0.40%​
81​
0.37%​
79​
0.36%​
74​
0.34%​
73​
0.33%​
67​
0.31%​
63​
0.29%​
63​
0.29%​
62​
0.28%​
55​
0.25%​
55​
0.25%​
55​
0.25%​
45​
0.21%​
43​
0.20%​
35​
0.16%​
35​
0.16%​
34​
0.16%​
30​
0.14%​
29​
0.13%​
28​
0.13%​
27​
0.12%​
25​
0.11%​
23​
0.11%​
20​
0.09%​
20​
0.09%​
20​
0.09%​
16​
0.07%​
15​
0.07%​
14​
0.06%​
13​
0.06%​
9​
0.04%​
3​
0.01%​
1​
0.00%​
1​
0.00%​
1​
0.00%​

<tbody>
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

>100
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

</tbody>

Blood, don't be so down on yourself. You went 8-1? Damn awesome night!

That total loss was a bad miss capp on my part and it cost me big as I had that Over bought down in several parlays and still loss. I know even on a good day I'm going to lose some plays but it dont make me feel any better

Thanks for consoling me though :) :)

GL this week Dave

Blood, on that stat with how many games were lined at 3 and landed on exactly 3...I hope/assume that's only counting for when the favorite won by 3? I've seen data out there that was similar but for all games that landed on 3 and lined at 3, including when the dog at +3 won by a fg, which is of course irrelevant here

Blood, on that stat with how many games were lined at 3 and landed on exactly 3...I hope/assume that's only counting for when the favorite won by 3? I've seen data out there that was similar but for all games that landed on 3 and lined at 3, including when the dog at +3 won by a fg, which is of course irrelevant here

DwightS, the #s that I posted are for collge ball only. If u look @ the pro #s, then the % climbs to 15%

I dont have it broken down the way that ur looking at it. I'm looking at it just from whether to buy or not.

These stats can also be used to find the best # to middle. If you can find a middle on 3, bet it. Middles on 7, 4 and 6 also are worth a gamble but the bettor's edge is small. Tempting as it may be, it's probably wise to pass on all other numbers.

Last edited:
mr hound -- only if you have time

can I assume that you almost NEVER take +6 1/2 or -7 1/2 . i.e., u will buy the half point to 7 (or even more than 1/2 pt but we don't need to go there.)

I am looking at two games , and one of them I like the 7 1/2 pt favorite; the other I like the 6 1/2 pt underdog.
I can buy either game to 7 at -125. Is this a purchase you would be highly likely to do yourself ? Or would you play the game at the offered numbers? Or would you pass the game?
I have done a little buying this year for first time, and am a little pissed at myself for getting a bad number in the ASU-Troy game last night. If I could do over again I would have bot Troy up to 7 1/2.

Thanks for any response.

Hi, Blood, going with:

Oregon (I had to lay 24 instead of your 21
UCLA +4
Ole Miss +3
aTm +7x
Colorado +9x (not even sure if they are playing this game or what effect the floods will have)
Ga Tech -8x (hate to give points on the road ever, but this is a situational play)

TT/TCU under win

Good luck, Blood, enjoyed your assessments as usual.

Got two pro plays, NYG and Az, but won't pull the trigger until Sun AM.

Last edited:
mr hound -- only if you have time

can I assume that you almost NEVER take +6 1/2 or -7 1/2 . i.e., u will buy the half point to 7 (or even more than 1/2 pt but we don't need to go there.)

I am looking at two games , and one of them I like the 7 1/2 pt favorite; the other I like the 6 1/2 pt underdog.
I can buy either game to 7 at -125. Is this a purchase you would be highly likely to do yourself ? Or would you play the game at the offered numbers? Or would you pass the game?
I have done a little buying this year for first time, and am a little pissed at myself for getting a bad number in the ASU-Troy game last night. If I could do over again I would have bot Troy up to 7 1/2.

Thanks for any response.

Never is a very strong word MrBull...but in general U will never see me play 6.5 or 7.5 IF 7 or 6 is available. Sometimes on a lined game books will not let one buy pts but they will let u tease it and the best I can get is a half and that leaves me no choice if I want to play it at their #. 7 is the books 2nd most favorite # to add a half to...I know cause I ran a book for many yrs and I automatically added half to any seven line that I thought would move because there are so many peps that will not buy pts.
Remember the 'man' is in busy to make some coin. Dont give him any unnecessary advantage.
So buy it to 7 or if u even think its a one td game, buy it to 6.

On that Troy game, I have friends still in the 'game' and none thought Troy could hang with ArkiSt...but Troy did play a good game

GL Sir

thank you, mr hound. and I should have put the "almost" that modified the "Never" in caps.

holy crap that was awesome! well the local lines here are funny as they are set in stone and don't change. It's run by the ontario government for instance the line -27.5 Oregon, or -2.5 Indiana...sometimes we get some good stuff but most of the time it's kind of funny

Hi, Blood, going with:

Oregon (I had to lay 24 instead of your 21
UCLA +4
Ole Miss +3
aTm +7x
Colorado +9x (not even sure if they are playing this game or what effect the floods will have)
Ga Tech -8x (hate to give points on the road ever, but this is a situational play)

TT/TCU under win

Good luck, Blood, enjoyed your assessments as usual.

Thanks Tahoe
I am on the ""play against Lane Kiffin’s bandwagon also!! But only for one. I see the line has drpped to 13.5 so we are not the only ones.
Boston College* +14 -110 vs USC x1
Boston College/USC* Under 42 -110 x half
and wish I had the balls to play Boston College* +420 vs USC...but I dont..but I can hope :)
Can’t come close to playing Kiffin @ 3-12 vs. spread last 15 and he is without a clue what to do with an offense tNeither QB Kessler or Wittek or throw downfield. BC playing pretty physical for new HC Addazio, and Eagles impressed with their physicality and with Williams 204 YR last week against Wake and the BC defense helped set the offense up for three TD ‘drives’ of 22, 21 and 47 yards. And on 2nd thought, not only can Kiffin not coach offense, hell he just cant coach period

Mississippi* +3 -110 vs Texas x1
Mississippi/Texas* Over 65 -117 x 1
Mississippi* +130 vs Texas x half
Texas rushed for 350 yards against the Ole Miss defense last season, and they may do it again but OleMiss may get 600 yrs against a hurt and down Horn defense, which allowed a school-record 550 YR, including a whopping 259 to the Cougs’ QB

I can not back Colorado even it wasnt officially postponed

Sorry to see u on A&M but a fela has to do what a fella has to do :puking:

Lean towards GT but will buy it to 7...probably a 10 pt game though Duke has lost #1 QB Anthony Boone for a while. Georgia Tech’s defense has moved on from the Al Groh Show and should improve this yr.

GL

holy crap that was awesome! well the local lines here are funny as they are set in stone and don't change. It's run by the ontario government for instance the line -27.5 Oregon, or -2.5 Indiana...sometimes we get some good stuff but most of the time it's kind of funny
Mike, if u can still get Oregon @ 27.5 take it, I can see Oregon whippen the shit out of Tenn
I dont like Indiana even if u gave me 2.5

GL Mike

Gosh Mike, I go to all of this trouble to get the Best line I can and now u put me on the spot asking for those kind of #s.
I said this earlier in this thread
"" If a capper wants to win in college football consistently he should have at least 80% of his home work done by opening lines. And most of the time that means staying up into the wee hours of SatNite reviewing the games of the day making notes And he must be in front of the computer or on the phone when the lines come out to catch the bad /or good #s. The #s are very important when playing for more than a few coins and as many games that I play.''''
If ur book does not take action until 2 days before the game, like a lot of locals do, please, please get u an ofshore book!! But keep ur local as he is the foundation of this thing that we do. And good to bounce late line moves off of as they may be late to catchup.
If U are putting any kind of serious coin on ur plays it probably better to ask about specific plays and I will be glad to give u a #. I say that because I dont want to be the single cause of U losing by throwing out some #s the the oldhound THINKS a team should win by!!
As said many times before, I try to make plays to key #s and in football. Now I know this is Not popular with the avg player cause they simply cant stand to pay for run/points/goals or what have u. But that 'them, and if they are winners so be it. Hell, I want even play a hook if I love the damn play....but like I said above, I'm old and set in my ways the method that I use has worked well for a long time.
Below are some examples of 'key#s' over 32 yrs of play.

Key Numbers in College Football (1980-2012)

Scoring MarginOccurrences% of Games
1790​
8.11%​
1419​
6.43%​
914​
4.14%​
910​
4.13%​
876​
3.97%​
836​
3.79%​
799​
3.62%​
790​
3.58%​
668​
3.03%​
648​
2.94%​
640​
2.90%​
601​
2.72%​
587​
2.66%​
572​
2.59%​
535​
2.43%​
515​
2.33%​
478​
2.17%​
471​
2.14%​
467​
2.12%​
414​
1.88%​
406​
1.84%​
405​
1.84%​
405​
1.84%​
93​
1.78%​
67​
1.66%​
33​
1.51%​
31​
1.50%​
22​
1.46%​
05​
1.38%​
296​
1.34%​
294​
1.33%​
286​
1.30%​
286​
1.30%​
284​
1.29%​
242​
1.10%​
240​
1.09%​
222​
1.01%​
173​
0.78%​
171​
0.78%​
156​
0.71%​
151​
0.68%​
143​
0.65%​
138​
0.63%​
127​
0.58%​
115​
0.52%​
114​
0.52%​
94​
0.43%​
88​
0.40%​
86​
0.39%​
64​
0.29%​
50​
0.23%​
42​
0.19%​

<tbody>
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

> 50
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

0 (Ties)
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

</tbody>

I really appreciate you posting this data, invaluable to those of us who don't have access to databases that go back that far.

I did have one question though. After sorting that data from smallest to largest for margin of victory most of those number appear twice. Can you shine some light on why that is?

You'll see when you get into it, but LaTech dropped a wide open wheel route TD. At one point LT had been in the RZ 4x and only got 3 FGs out of it with a miss in the RZ and then another FG miss outside RZ.

I did not anticipate the struggles of 1st year LT QB since he was at home vs a managable D, but he had alot of problems. Montana was pretty good for Tul, but they blew some scoring chances as well. All-in-all I don't think were were 'way the hell off', if everything played out perfect it probably would have been right at the number. I think it just boils down to LT not holding up their end of the bargain. I had the over as well.

Marshall* -6 -130 vs Ohio x4
Marshall/Ohio* Over 67 -130 x half
parlay 200/168
Marshall* -3 -280 vs Ohio/Marshall/Ohio* Over 61 -300
I added two more on the side after looking deeper. Cato and his Heard with give Ohio the same problem that the Ville did in the passing game. The line is up to -8 and I like it to 10. I like the Over but my # is 65 so went small on the 67 and made a little parlay and bought the total down to 61 so I can sleep better the next few nites

Bowling Green* +4 -110 vs Indiana U x4
Bowling Green* +123 vs Indiana U x2
Bowling Green/Indiana U* Over 63 -120 x1
I see a few good cappers on Indiana but now that BG has found a couple of good RB in Greene with 233 YR first two and 262-lb Houston.with4 TDs I like BG chanes to win by 4 to 7. The Hoosier D is giving up wat to many yrs. Hoosiers have allowed 38 ppg to Indiana St. & Navy. Yes, I will give Indiana the passing advantage but BG will have the ball most of the time and I love BG D to slow down I'm taking a chance on this over but not in love with it.

Really like the Bowling Green play. GL!

sorry i wasnt able to get back to everyone in a timely manor but I have major computer problems and now typing on this little handheld small keyboard is definitely a pain!!!!!

A bad wk 3 for me on posted plays but I did sneak in a few large unposted 2nd half winners that I could not post.

Any how, posted plays did come out overall to the + side but barely.

I have wk 4 capped and will post as soon as this damn computer lets me

GLTA

Saturday results sides/totals 17-16-2 -4.00 parlays 4-8-0 -1.6
Sat = 21-24-2 -5.6
Week Three results= +4.64

haha. BM had lines out at 9am est today. fuckin crazy how quick they getting these out now

yeah, before long the lines will be out Sat nite.

I have limited funds in BM but have made some plays...will post as i can

GL this wk tru :shake:

Back