Alabama* -1 -290 /Auburn* -1 -290 200/162

Western Kentucky* -3 -340/ South Carolina* -6 -320 500/350

Maryland* -3 -260/Rice* +4 -300 200/170

parlay 200/168
Marshall* -3 -280 vs Ohio/Marshall/Ohio* Over 61 -300

parlay 200/158
Stanford* -21 -350 vs Army/Michigan* -31 -260 vs Akron

5 teamer 200/254
Louisville* -1 -570/Bowling Green* +14 -680/ Pittsburgh U* -10 -550/Western Kentucky* -1 -515/Fresno State* -1 -515

5 teamer 500/692
Louisville* -1 -570/Eastern Michigan* +38 -600 /Western Kentucky* -1 -515/Wash U* pk -410/South Carolina* -3 -590

Saturday results sides/totals 17-16-2 -4.00 parlays 4-8-0 -1.6
Sat = 21-24-2 -5.6
Week Three results= +4.64

Last edited:
sheesh mr hound you and VK.
you have made your plays before I finish my first beer of the week. (note I said 'finish', not 'open' )

I'll see if I can follow line moves to see if any made you a winner instead of a loser ( and vice versa )
I know VK keeps track of that sort of thing. Do you ??

Auburn* -6 -130 vs Mississippi State x1

Alabama* -7 -110 vs Texas A&M x2

Penn State* -3 -140 vs Central Florida x5

parlays in pairs and more

Eastern Michigan* +35 -325/ Louisville* -6 -220 500/451

Marshall* -1 -290/Bowling Green* +11 -380 200/149

Fresno State* -6 -210/Penn State* -1 -210 200/236

Alabama* -1 -290 /Auburn* -1 -290 200/162

Western Kentucky* -3 -340/ South Carolina* -6 -320 500/350

Maryland* -3 -260/Rice* +4 -300 200/170

5 teamer 200/254
Louisville* -1 -570/Bowling Green* +14 -680/ Pittsburgh U* -10 -550/Western Kentucky* -1 -515/Fresno State* -1 -515

5 teamer 500/692
Louisville* -1 -570/Eastern Michigan* +38 -600 /Western Kentucky* -1 -515/Wash U* pk -410/South Carolina* -3 -590

sheesh mr hound you and VK.
you have made your plays before I finish my first beer of the week. (note I said 'finish', not 'open' )

I'll see if I can follow line moves to see if any made you a winner instead of a loser ( and vice versa )
I know VK keeps track of that sort of thing. Do you ??

LOL MrBull...I have said it over and over ...., If a capper wants to win in college football consistently he should have at least 80% of his home work done by opening lines. And most of the time that means staying up into the wee hours of SatNite reviewing the games of the day making notes And he must be in front of the computer or on the phone when the lines come out to catch the bad /or good #s. The #s are very important when playing for more than a few coins and as many games that I play.
I do not keep records of my plays any longer but I do review each one to see if it was capped correctly. And yes, u are more than welcome to keep a tally of my plays in order to find trends. I capp each play on it's on merits and dont use any systems. BTW...would u mind going back and figuring up the winnings from wk 2 LOL :) :) Thats one of the bad things about making the # of plays that I do...its a bitch to keep decent records of wins/loses and coins won being an old man with that dreaded 'old age disease

HuntDawg, The man has messed up and let me get up big the 1st two wks and now it time to take it to him.

mrob, let get this done early

Thanks guys, its time to do some more studying.

GLTA

Last edited:
LOL MrBull...I have said it over and over ...., If a capper wants to win in college football consistently he should have at least 80% of his home work done by opening lines. And most of the time that means staying up into the wee hours of SatNite reviewing the games of the day making notes And he must be in front of the computer or on the phone when the lines come out to catch the bad /or good #s. The #s are very important when playing for more than a few coins and as many games that I play.
I do not keep records of my plays any longer but I do review each one to see if it was capped correctly. And yes, u are more than welcome to keep a tally of my plays in order to find trends. I capp each play on it's on merits and dont use any systems. BTW...would u mind going back and figuring up the winnings from wk 2 LOL :) :) Thats one of the bad things about making the # of plays that I do...its a bitch to keep decent records of wins/loses and coins won being an old man with that dreaded 'old age disease

HuntDawg, The man has messed up and let me get up big the 1st two wks and now it time to take it to him.

mrob, let get this done early

Thanks guys, its time to do some more studying.

GLTA

mr hound - no interest in policing your record. I am interested in trying to determine how vital it is to make decisions and place Saturday's bets 6 days early. Just don't know, and I doubt if I can mend my ways this late in life.
You might want to visit VKs week3 thread to catch a little dialog there.
I have written down all your non-parlay plays and will try to forget your selections because I like to make my own. Then I'll come back later in the week and record the 'new' lines. And then on Sunday I'll satisfy myself by seeing what difference it made if I had made a bet early rather than late.
I finished that beer I opened before your first post, and had a few more.
Moosey loss in tennis with Azarenka +4 1/2 games. All Serena had to do was hold serve in second set in two late games but, no. Then she could have won tie breaker - no. Then she could have let Azarenka win 3 games in set 3 no, again.
That's three and out for old bull.
shit.:cheers:

I'm glad you didn't tail me with the unc over. So dukes qb breaks his collar bone and the gt line opens at 10 and is sinking to 8 and lower. This line seems low but no fools bet Sunday evenings. Go this week blood.

Thanks fellas, I'm on the road Mon and Tues and will get here on Tuesday nite with thoughts on all of the games. Appreciate yall stopping by

and Hope All have a Great wk in Football

Great start on the year Blood, just what you were looking for. Sorry for the lack of positive advice on MD last week, hope you played them anyway. I was very pleased with their defensive effort against ODU. They showed a bunch of different coverage looks that really confused ODU, and effectively mixed in their blitzes. I was concerned about ODU QB Heinicke as he is a pretty decent player and has put up a lot of good numbers but MD held him in check very well and managed to get three picks. Terps offense has done very well so far, although they haven't faced stiff competition. C.J. Brown looks really good at QB, and is throwing the ball much better than he did before getting hurt last year. Terps have added another WR Deon Long through the JUCO route that is a real player and gives us another good option other than Diggs. I was pleased to see the running game produce as Brandon Ross had 150 yds vs. ODU. Terps showing nice balance so far offense, and they young OL is getting some experience under their belt before the schedule toughens up. UConn really looked bad against Towson (5 sacks and not much out of McCombs in the running gm) and I am feeling pretty good about this week's gm. Terps did lose starting corner Jeremiah Johnson with toe injury (prob out 5/6 weeks) so depth effected in secondary but Goins is experienced and will get the start this week. GL Blood.

mr hound - no interest in policing your record. I am interested in trying to determine how vital it is to make decisions and place Saturday's bets 6 days early. Just don't know, and I doubt if I can mend my ways this late in life.
You might want to visit VKs week3 thread to catch a little dialog there.
I have written down all your non-parlay plays and will try to forget your selections because I like to make my own. Then I'll come back later in the week and record the 'new' lines. And then on Sunday I'll satisfy myself by seeing what difference it made if I had made a bet early rather than late.
I finished that beer I opened before your first post, and had a few more.
Moosey loss in tennis with Azarenka +4 1/2 games. All Serena had to do was hold serve in second set in two late games but, no. Then she could have won tie breaker - no. Then she could have let Azarenka win 3 games in set 3 no, again.
That's three and out for old bull.
shit.:cheers:

Finally back home with some time to look at some games :dancing:

MrBull...didnt mean it the way it came out. I'm glad u care enough to eeven look at the ole hounds plays, let alone track. But u may as well track those two teamers because they are my favorite plays as 'the man' catches up with the teams/lines and it becomes harder to catch a 'good' line
It looks like the early decision making on games has been discussed at length this wk so there is no need of me elaborating on my feelings there. I will get around to adding my 2cents if needed. I think ur tracking will be interesting...have another beer on me my friend :cheers: :shake: GL pardner

get that cash, Hound
Thanks VK, Hope we both turn the mans head this wk. I had a big fall off in wk two but did scratch out a small profit. GL and thanks for such an interesting thread.

I'm glad you didn't tail me with the unc over. So dukes qb breaks his collar bone and the gt line opens at 10 and is sinking to 8 and lower. This line seems low but no fools bet Sunday evenings. Go this week blood.
Thanks Johnny, just lucky my friend. Sorry we didnt see that total the same. GL this wk

Elbutre, d8,
Thanks guys. Hopefully we're on some more winners this wk. GL, Hope u hit them all

Great start on the year Blood, just what you were looking for. Sorry for the lack of positive advice on MD last week, hope you played them anyway. I was very pleased with their defensive effort against ODU. They showed a bunch of different coverage looks that really confused ODU, and effectively mixed in their blitzes. I was concerned about ODU QB Heinicke as he is a pretty decent player and has put up a lot of good numbers but MD held him in check very well and managed to get three picks. Terps offense has done very well so far, although they haven't faced stiff competition. C.J. Brown looks really good at QB, and is throwing the ball much better than he did before getting hurt last year. Terps have added another WR Deon Long through the JUCO route that is a real player and gives us another good option other than Diggs. I was pleased to see the running game produce as Brandon Ross had 150 yds vs. ODU. Terps showing nice balance so far offense, and they young OL is getting some experience under their belt before the schedule toughens up. UConn really looked bad against Towson (5 sacks and not much out of McCombs in the running gm) and I am feeling pretty good about this week's gm. Terps did lose starting corner Jeremiah Johnson with toe injury (prob out 5/6 weeks) so depth effected in secondary but Goins is experienced and will get the start this week. GL Blood.

Tim, U know me. If I like a team and some one else gives a good reason to lay off, I take a 2nd and 3rd look and if I see some good in the play, I buy some pts and put it in a parlay. Out Terps have looked much better that we thought early on and I appreciate ur great thoughts on them. I have Maryland by 10 this wk but U indicate maybe more and maybe worth a larger play. C.J. Brown @76%, 5 TDP & 0 picks first two looks awfully good and I dont see much difference this wk.
I have the total at 44-45. Any thoughts??

Thanks and GL my friend

lean TT and love your Lville and Wku plays...crush it :cheers:

Thanks P2W, As the season goes on u will see me on more and more two team parlays in order to get a better #.
Ville and WKU are two of my favorites this wk.

GL and ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

gsro, Thanks my pucks friend. Not long now. Lots of interesting happenings in the off season. I see the Leafs bring Kadri back for 2 year. GL this yr my friend

before I get started going thru wk 3 games, please keep in mind that my Totals for wk 2 completely sucked!! Wk 1 was decent...what will this wk bring????

Thursday
Texas Tech* +4 -110 vs TCU x2
TCU/Texas Tech* Under 63 -110 x1
Texas Tech* +150 vs TCU x1
played this on the open @+4 and not it is down to +3. No matter, I think TT wins the game in a close one 31-27.
TCU was rated hi in preseason but their D is Not getting the job done.Pachall left last Saturday’s gameand Boykin took over. He has experience but I like TT's true frosh QB Mayfield who has 780 YP and 7 TDP in his first two games vs. SMU and S.F. Austin. While I give TCU the SplTeam advantage and the rushing advantage I think the pass happy TT O will score on the Frogs D

Thur
Tulane* +7½ -110 vs Louisiana Tech x2
Tulane* +255 vs Louisiana Tech x1
Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 57 -120 x1
I didnt play this one on the open as I thought the pub would drive it a bit higher but looks like I am wrong.I lost on the Wave last wk when the let a SoAla team beat them but I think they are the better team once again this wk and will back them once more. Bulldogs have allowed 49ppg in their last 4. They led Lamar just 17-14 in the 4th, & had a 329-139 RY deficit at NCSt and generated only 41 total points in two contests. My # says 60 pts here so I like this Over something like 34 - 27

Thur
Tulane* +7½ -110 vs Louisiana Tech x2
Tulane* +255 vs Louisiana Tech x1
Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 57 -120 x1
I didnt play this one on the open as I thought the pub would drive it a bit higher but looks like I am wrong.I lost on the Wave last wk when the let a SoAla team beat them but I think they are the better team once again this wk and will back them once more. Bulldogs have allowed 49ppg in their last 4. They led Lamar just 17-14 in the 4th, & had a 329-139 RY deficit at NCSt and generated only 41 total points in two contests. My # says 60 pts here so I like this Over something like 34 - 27

Arkansas State* -7 -140 vs Troy x 1
Troy/Arkansas State* Over 65 -130 x2
TroySt can put pts on the board quickly. Arkansas State moved the ball 24 FDs and 422 yards last week against Auburn but could not score...They will score against Troy's D and will score in bunches. Like this Over a lot

added a couple of parlays on Thur games

parlay 200/266
Texas Tech* +10 -325 vs TCU
Tulane* +14 -280 vs Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State* -320 vs Troy

Totals parlay 200/178
TCU/Texas Tech* Over 53 -450
Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 47 -500
Troy/Arkansas State* Over 57 -350

6 team parlay 100/182
TCU/Texas Tech* Over 51 -650
Texas Tech* +14 -675
Tulane* +17 -500
Tulane/Louisiana Tech* Over 45 -700
Troy/Arkansas State* Over 55 -550
Arkansas State* -320 vs Troy

Friday
Air Force* +21 -110 vs Boise State x1
Air Force/Boise State* Over 57 -110 x half
I got a bad line on this play but its my fault and i will stick with the well disciplined Academy boys and like it more @ +24. I think this is more like a 17 pt game. I realize that AF's O is not up to par but the entire Boise team is not what we are used to either. The old blue carpet magic just aint there anymore!! This Over may be a little far fetched but AF was but down pretty hard last wk and I look for a good effort.

Goodluck this week hound...

Quick question in regards to the MD//UC game. This is a pretty big game in the eyes of UConn fans (and hopefully the team). Not only are people wanting Pasqualoni out, but it is Randy's return after leaving the school immediately following their BCS trip a couple years ago. I was wondering what your thoughts were about that motivational factor coming into play for UConn?

I think the crowd will be loud and could carry the home team to at least a cover, if not win. UConn has had two weeks and two days to prepare for the game and has typically played better teams tough at home. I actually cannot remember the last time UConn was a home dog of 7 points.

Goodluck this week hound...

Quick question in regards to the MD//UC game. This is a pretty big game in the eyes of UConn fans (and hopefully the team). Not only are people wanting Pasqualoni out, but it is Randy's return after leaving the school immediately following their BCS trip a couple years ago. I was wondering what your thoughts were about that motivational factor coming into play for UConn?

I think the crowd will be loud and could carry the home team to at least a cover, if not win. UConn has had two weeks and two days to prepare for the game and has typically played better teams tough at home. I actually cannot remember the last time UConn was a home dog of 7 points.

kingconn, I believe in motivation of young men, especially in college sports and more especially in college football.
Not being on the inside of Uconns program, I dont know the young men on this team and how they feel towards their coach. If they do respect/love Pasqualoni, then this is the perfect spot for motivation against Edsall who left after leading the team to a 33-19 record during the final four years of his 12-year stay at Connecticut.
From a football aspect, I think we have two teams heading in opposite directions. Remember Edsall didnt get together with his players when he left his old team which I am sure hurt them, but I would think most of those players are gone by now.It appears to me that Maryland is one of the most improved teams in the country and now have two decent QBs.
One thing I learned while playing ball, Motivation is easier said than done...
GL with ur team this wk my friend

Saturday
Eastern Michigan* +28 -110 vs Rutgers x4
Eastern Michigan/Rutgers* Over 50½ -110 x1
Is it just me or has Rutgers been sloppy and inconstant? LOL But Rutgers can still just about name the score here but I dont think they run the score up with Ark next wk. Its true that EMich O stinks but their D doesnt stink quite as much and I think they get a couple of trash TDs late to cover....hope im not wrong :)

Louisville* -7 -140 vs Kentucky x4
Louisville/Kentucky* Over 59 -110 x2
I like these two plays. While I got a great line on the open, I like the Ville to -20. Bridgewater and crew will score often against a undersized Wildcat D that has only been tested by MAC foe Miami-Ohio. Kentucky will get enough pts to get this one Over

kingconn, I believe in motivation of young men, especially in college sports and more especially in college football.
Not being on the inside of Uconns program, I dont know the young men on this team and how they feel towards their coach. If they do respect/love Pasqualoni, then this is the perfect spot for motivation against Edsall who left after leading the team to a 33-19 record during the final four years of his 12-year stay at Connecticut.
From a football aspect, I think we have two teams heading in opposite directions. Remember Edsall didnt get together with his players when he left his old team which I am sure hurt them, but I would think most of those players are gone by now.It appears to me that Maryland is one of the most improved teams in the country and now have two decent QBs.
One thing I learned while playing ball, Motivation is easier said than done...
GL with ur team this wk my friend

Well said hound, thanks for the reply. I was not trying to get you off your bet or anything line that, just wanted a non-bias (which obviously isn't myself) opinion from someone who is seeing the college game very well right now.

:shake:

Great start to the season. Enjoy the beautiful scenery, up there, and keep the man's feet to the fire!

Marshall* -6 -130 vs Ohio x4
Marshall/Ohio* Over 67 -130 x half
parlay 200/168
Marshall* -3 -280 vs Ohio/Marshall/Ohio* Over 61 -300
I added two more on the side after looking deeper. Cato and his Heard with give Ohio the same problem that the Ville did in the passing game. The line is up to -8 and I like it to 10. I like the Over but my # is 65 so went small on the 67 and made a little parlay and bought the total down to 61 so I can sleep better the next few nites

Bowling Green* +4 -110 vs Indiana U x4
Bowling Green* +123 vs Indiana U x2
Bowling Green/Indiana U* Over 63 -120 x1
I see a few good cappers on Indiana but now that BG has found a couple of good RB in Greene with 233 YR first two and 262-lb Houston.with4 TDs I like BG chanes to win by 4 to 7. The Hoosier D is giving up wat to many yrs. Hoosiers have allowed 38 ppg to Indiana St. & Navy. Yes, I will give Indiana the passing advantage but BG will have the ball most of the time and I love BG D to slow down I'm taking a chance on this over but not in love with it.

hugh, KC, CG, Dave, Thanks guys and GL this wk

DaveNiner, looking forward to this cold front moving in late this wk. Its been way to hot the last few days with no AC

GL this week Hound, gonna read everything you have up and see if you just don't go ahead and make me play a few more I wasn't looking at.

Stanford* -28 -120 vs Army x4
Stanford/Army* Under 52 -120 x1
This is an added play as I waited on this line to move down and I'm satisfied giving up 28. I think this is a complete mismatch.As much as I like our Academy's, this game is men against boys and the only reason I went under is I think Standford will call off the dogs early. Way to many holes in Armys D and the Cardinal vet defense with 8 starters ranked 5th vs. the run LY & held SJS to just 35 yards in opener. Like this one in a bunch of parlays bought down to 20

And as I sit here typing my Braves are having their ass handed to them by Miami :angry2:

parlay 200/158
Stanford* -21 -350 vs Army
Michigan* -31 -260 vs Akron
I dont like Mich -38 but I do @ -31

GL this week Hound, gonna read everything you have up and see if you just don't go ahead and make me play a few more I wasn't looking at.

Moose, there will be at least a comment on most every game but many are to close to my # to play. I hope we both pick lots of winners my friend GL

I see a few good cappers on Indiana but now that BG has found a couple of good RB in Greene with 233 YR first two and 262-lb Houston.with4 TDs I like BG chanes to win by 4 to 7. The Hoosier D is giving up wat to many yrs. Hoosiers have allowed 38 ppg to Indiana St. & Navy. Yes, I will give Indiana the passing advantage but BG will have the ball most of the time and I love BG D to slow down I'm taking a chance on this over but not in love with it.

2 of Ind St's TDs were a 2y fum ret on a KO and a INT ret. So depending how you look at it, that could reinforce your BG play showing IU can be error prone, but IND St O only scored 21.

I'm on the other side there, but hope all your time keeps paying off for you.

2 of Ind St's TDs were a 2y fum ret on a KO and a INT ret. So depending how you look at it, that could reinforce your BG play showing IU can be error prone, but IND St O only scored 21.

I'm on the other side there, but hope all your time keeps paying off for you.
Thanks for the feedback s-k. I understand where u are coming from. I think it will be a close game and look forward to seeing how Indiana contains BG RBs after having so much problem containing Navy last wk.
GL s--k
-

hugh, KC, CG, Dave, Thanks guys and GL this wk

DaveNiner, looking forward to this cold front moving in late this wk. Its been way to hot the last few days with no AC

Yes, definitely too hot without AC. We could use a little rain with the front.

Back