CollegeFootBall Wk Ten

not in love with this one but @ this price I'll take a chance
North Texas* -2½ -115 vs Rice x1...NoTex has run it 61, 44 and 62 times the last three games, all wins by 27, 15 and 41 points.Rice “O” and dual-threat QB McHargue not prone to the mistakes that UNT which has forced a whopping 25 TOs which has been capitalizing upon.

Thanks to all who stopped by...I am way behind replying and I apologize!! A lot going on here in the mountains. Will try and do better.

GL fellas

I cant believe I putting a hundred on
Miami Dolphins* +3 -110 vs Cincinnati Bengals x1
one of my least fav teams but Tannehill’s getting smacked around pretty good, while the coaching staff can’t commit to the run game and Wallace gets paid to wander aimlessly around the field during pass plays. But just as public perception is completely turning on the ’Fins, is there a glimmer of hope at home? Miami usually hates playing well in South Beach, but there could be a perfectly timed regression from Andy Dalton. This is the fourth road game in six weeks for the Bengals, only three days of rest after exorcising their demons against the Jets, against whom they’d lost four in a row.I like the Bengals as a team but I just dont think they win tonite.The Dolphins are enduring a rough stretch losing and failing to cover in their last four games after winning and covering during the first three weeks. Miami has been outgained by 35 yards per game on the season. The Dolphins are desperate and beat the Bengals on the road last season holding Cincinnati to 1.9 yards per rush attempt on 35 carries.

Thanks for the insight on the TT/Ok State game, Blood.

I see it much the same way you do. They are almost dead even in every comparison but one--Tech is close to dead last in turnovers (cost them the Oklahoma game) while Okla State is one of the best in forcing turnovers. I will probably go with Okla State based on that.

I am going with you on FSU if I can find a little better line. All the Vegas touts are on Miami and I have been going against the Vegas Conventional Wisdom all year and making a ton of money as a result. (Like you Houston thinking too, but I skipped that one because Houston has their two biggest games coming up in the next two weeks)

I'm leaning to Georgia (Both Ga and Fla get some players back this week. I usually go with the best D, but Fla has a hard time scoring and Ga has the best kicking game by far).

Also like Oregon State (now down to -3x).

What are you thinking on those two games?

Good morning to the board...having a hard time getting my ole ass in gear this morn
...a decent nite on Thur with even Miami,the Under, a couple of NHL SO pucks games coming thru for me.
Troy let me down...or maybe I just miss capped that game

Tahoe, Always enjoy talking college ball. Good that u stayed off of Houston and wish u the best on OkiSt...I just cant call that game. I did take a cursory look at the Okist//tt position advantage and it is still to close to call. I give TT a slight advantage with their RB vs Oki LB and DB vs QB/WR positions. Also I like TT kicking game but everything else looks like OkiSt with a big advantage in overall coaching as much as i hate to say it.

I was hoping Georgia would move down towards -1 but it heading up now...I guess it will be a gametime decision for me.Both defenses have begun to crumble under added burdens created by offensive injuries.I agree with U that the Dawgs should be able to score(more) but turnovers may be the deciding factor for Florida, who this season has committed 3 to 5 turnovers vs. Tennessee, Miami-FL and Missouri. Georgia has committed 4 and 3 turnovers in its last two games, as QB Aaron Murray gets re-exposed when he isn’t throwing or handing it to the “ones.” Or the “twos” for that matter. Also, everyone connected to the Georgia program is worried about when and where the next major special teams blunder(s) will occur...but it should be a helluva game GL

I just played Oregon State* -3 -120 vs USC x1... I think this one will stay close thru out and 3 is probably right on the #. The Beavers would seem better equipped to handle the short week than the depth-shy Trojans. But it’s hard to keep beating real opponents with the nation’s 124th ranked rushing offense when there are 125 teams in the nation. That’s where Oregon State is, and it makes them unbalanced, when balance is the desired offensive trait of many coaches. Their 2.3 yards per carry tells Oregon that he can leave his defense in nickel or dime alignments all night long. The Trojans will get a few key guys back, such as the starting tight ends, after using 10 walk-ons in the 19-3 win against a troubled Utah offense. I have to believe SC's D will keep this score down so
USC/Oregon State* Under 54 -130 x1 is the choice tontite as the tough defense of Stanford proved to be too much for the Beavers last week.Note that SC "D" has held 6 teams below 15 pts (11th & 16th in total & scoring "D"), but gaveup 62 & 31 pts in those other 2. And note just 1 "O" TD each of last 2 games. Beavs came from 44 ppg to 12 vs Stanford

GL TAhoe

adding
Toledo* -30 -110 vs Eastern Michigan x1...EMU is 1-6 ATS, with blowout defeats on the docket by 35, 31, 28, 25, 28 and 38 points. They play terrible run defense. They have a turnover-prone offense, and a head coach probably on his last legs. EMU’s coordinators and assistants no doubt are aware of this, and beginning to make secret inquiries elsewhere. Not a good situation for EM. Toledo should dominate here.

Akron* -2 -110 vs Kent State x1 ... never thought i would see the day when I would talk the Zips over Kent but Akron has an advantage in passing and rushing and Zips RB Chisholm has 322 YR, 6 TDs last 3 games will move the sticks against Kent “D” yielding 5.5 ypc 113th vs. run while Kent RBs Archer & Durham have just one 100-yd. game each in ‘13 running behind rebuilt OL

Wisconsin* -9 -120 vs Iowa x2 ...see tee*dub thread

Temple* +14 -140 vs Rutgers x1
Temple/Rutgers* Over 55 -130 x1...not seeing this game anywhere close to this spread on side or total.

I like that Wisconsin pick, Blood. I lucked out taking Iowa last week, but I was amazed at how bad their offense is. Northwestern dominated them in the second half and ran at will. Iowa looked like a team from the 50s on offense and defense both.

Thanks for your take on the Ore ST/USC and Ga/Fla games.

I'm going with Oregon State for the much the same reasons you are. USC is even less disciplined under Orgeron than under Kiffin, more penalties, more errors, less focused, and it is worse on the road. This will be one of the few games when the other team has more penalties and brain locks than the Beavers. I always like the team that thinks the game is more important and that is definitely Ore State in this game. I don't like betting against the best defense in any game, but I think that is balanced here by having the home team, the best QB, the best coach, and having USC playing so many walk-ons because of the depth problems.

Also taking Tulane +3x v. FAU. I've won on Tulane all year and they keep getting better and they keep getting points. Thought this game would be off the board after the FAU coach got fired, but it is still up.

I cant believe I putting a hundred on
Miami Dolphins* +3 -110 vs Cincinnati Bengals x1
one of my least fav teams but Tannehill’s getting smacked around pretty good, while the coaching staff can’t commit to the run game and Wallace gets paid to wander aimlessly around the field during pass plays. But just as public perception is completely turning on the ’Fins, is there a glimmer of hope at home? Miami usually hates playing well in South Beach, but there could be a perfectly timed regression from Andy Dalton. This is the fourth road game in six weeks for the Bengals, only three days of rest after exorcising their demons against the Jets, against whom they’d lost four in a row.I like the Bengals as a team but I just dont think they win tonite.The Dolphins are enduring a rough stretch losing and failing to cover in their last four games after winning and covering during the first three weeks. Miami has been outgained by 35 yards per game on the season. The Dolphins are desperate and beat the Bengals on the road last season holding Cincinnati to 1.9 yards per rush attempt on 35 carries.

Cincinnati Bengals/Miami Dolphins* Under 44 -140 x half

Nice to see you took the Phins. Brilliant move on the total. All you do is win!

I'm glad to see you are against my local elevens, BC and U Mass. I also like your other two MAC plays. Good luck there, young fella.:shake:

Short card this week, Blood. Just not many I like. I couldn't come up with a clear decision on Texas Tech/Ok State or Miami/FSU, so I'm passing both.

Last Week 6-2
Season 44-18
Max bets 10-0
Multi-unit bets 14-3

Oregon State (already lost that one)
Tulane +3x
Colorado State +7x
Minnesota +9x
Georgia -2x

All single unit bets.

Good luck this week, Blood.

Thanks guys GL
MrBull, glad we agree
Tahoe, good to see u on ColSt and I am very close to playing TheDawgs

added another U on
Wake Forest* +170 vs Syracuse x1...I like what I’ve seen from WF these past 3 wks and think they get the upset.

tru, am I missing ur plays or have u not posted this wk always look forward to ur plays

i havent posted all of my parlays the last few weeks but I like these dogs enough to make a very small 7 team parlay for a good payout
10 littleones win 585
Temple* +14 -150, Wake Forest* +170, Texas San Antonio* +7 -180 , Minnesota U* +10 -150 , UNLV* +7½ -190 , Tulane* +115, Colorado State* +10 -180

GL today Blood, wondering if you had any thoughts on Miss St. and So. Carolina? Miss St. red zone defense not good and special teams are terrible, but with So Car injuries to Davis wonder how effective they will be running the football today. Line seems about right to me.

GL today Blood, wondering if you had any thoughts on Miss St. and So. Carolina? Miss St. red zone defense not good and special teams are terrible, but with So Car injuries to Davis wonder how effective they will be running the football today. Line seems about right to me.

sorry Tim, I thought I had posted USC earlier but guess not...keep me straight buddy
USC is a 4 U play for me
I have South Carolina* -10 -130 vs Mississippi State x4
South Carolina* -6½ -110 vs Mississippi State for 1st Half x4
I have them in several parlays bought to 6

I looked at this one closely. USC has the advantage @ every position except the special teams.My #s say this is a 19-21 pt margin here.I give USC a 200 yd advantage in total yardage today.About the only thing Mississippi State has going for them today is they had a few extra days to prepare, having last played on Thursday night. That’s the off-the-field edge for Mississippi State. On the field, nobody does a better job of juggling quarterbacks than Spurrier and SC QB Shaw is one of the toughest players in CFB. Shaw QB’d SC’s final 6 possessions, leading scoring drives on 5 of those, throwing for 201 yds with a 3-0 ratio The Cocks are now staring Atlanta in the face as they have the easiest remaining schedule in the SEC East Div. The Bulldogs shouldn’t present much of a challenge here and I look for SC to continue their series success and win their 7th str in the series.
And remember that MSU has been outscored 50-10 in 2nd H of last 3 games!

Good luck today Hound. Rather have Archer than not today in the wagon wheel.

I know ur on Kent today Mars and I think this is a close game all the way thru....in fact, I'll bet u a cold beer that the Zips have more passing and rushing yardage today...come to think about it, I think i owe u one or two cold ones already :)

BOL on the day my friend

Got away from the kid long enough to say hello my friend & good luck

U spend as much time with the 'the kid' as u can Silky..they grow up so damn fast. I wish I could have spent more time with mine instead of working my life away.

Hope u have another great wk my friend :shake:

sorry Tim, I thought I had posted USC earlier but guess not...keep me straight buddy
USC is a 4 U play for me
I have South Carolina* -10 -130 vs Mississippi State x4
South Carolina* -6½ -110 vs Mississippi State for 1st Half x4
I have them in several parlays bought to 6

I looked at this one closely. USC has the advantage @ every position except the special teams.My #s say this is a 19-21 pt margin here.I give USC a 200 yd advantage in total yardage today.About the only thing Mississippi State has going for them today is they had a few extra days to prepare, having last played on Thursday night. That’s the off-the-field edge for Mississippi State. On the field, nobody does a better job of juggling quarterbacks than Spurrier and SC QB Shaw is one of the toughest players in CFB. Shaw QB’d SC’s final 6 possessions, leading scoring drives on 5 of those, throwing for 201 yds with a 3-0 ratio The Cocks are now staring Atlanta in the face as they have the easiest remaining schedule in the SEC East Div. The Bulldogs shouldn’t present much of a challenge here and I look for SC to continue their series success and win their 7th str in the series.
And remember that MSU has been outscored 50-10 in 2nd H of last 3 games!
Thanks Blood I appreciate your thoughts here, they have really hit S. Car this morning now up from 11.5 to 13. I may look at 1h here if I can get 7.

Tim, the 1st qtr is @ 3 which i a good line GL
Thanks Blood, I decided on 1h -6.5 -120 and may look at a game bet with bought points. Your comment about Miss St. getting outplayed in 2hs is very astute and makes me want to have some game action on SC as well.

Thanks Blood, I decided on 1h -6.5 -120 and may look at a game bet with bought points. Your comment about Miss St. getting outplayed in 2hs is very astute and makes me want to have some game action on SC as well.
glad u recognized that...sometimes i dont type what my mind is thinking

I got it loud and clear my friend and decided on a page out of your book with parlay with bought points GT -7 and So. Car -10 1/1.65. Thanks for your help and have a great day my friend.

NC - pts for game
NC ML 1st half
NC ML 1st qrt
all for one
Thanks I see these two teams going in different directions and have been impressed with NC the last two weeks and think Fedora has a young team going in the right direction. NCST is just so bad throwing the football that I don't think they can keep up here. I would feel better if NC had a more credible rushing gm but I am willing to bank on Renner today getting it done and played NC -5 for one.

Back