Georgia Tech* -9 -110 vs Pittsburgh U x2
UCLA* -26 -120 vs Colorado x1
Auburn* -9 -110 vs Arkansas x1
Arizona U* -14 -130 vs California x2
East Carolina* -20 -130 vs Florida International x1
Utah State* -21 -120 vs Hawaii x1
Colorado State* +10 -140 vs Boise State x1

What a great week last week Blood!

I will likely be on few of these myself.
My boys of UCLA, Wake, EC.

Gl on the others.

Do you feel similar to me that WF might have found something? I think they might be a sneaky good team now.

thoughts?

Thanks fellas
HuntDog, CG, mrob, gyno, Dollaz, bum
Appreciate yall stopping by ans as always, GL to U as well

gyno, about WakeForest...early on the Deacons O was just to inconsistent while the defense has remained the team strength,Wake’s defense has gotten 9 turnovers in its last 6 games, the Offense has been come on strong the last three games averaging 27 points and 350 yards in victories over N.C. State and Maryland and Saturday’s setback. As far as the marchup with the Cuse, I like the little offensive tweaks that that Grobe has done to help sr. QB Price. Syracuse has a poor pass offense so u know they will try to do what Miami did against Wake and try to outrush them by 150 yards or so and that when Wakes D win this game. I think its fairly low scoring...maybe 24-20 Wake winning so I like this ML also
added
Wake Forest* +135
vs Syracuse x1
Wake Forest/Syracuse* Under 51 -110 x1

Dollaz...keep in mind that I have a lot of coin on the table each wk and as u can see by wk8 a bad wk can really hurt. Hopefully everything falls in place for this wk

added
Northern Illinois* -23 -120 vs Massachusetts x2 ....this has the makings of a blow out for NoIll. Wat to much offense for Northern Illinois and not enough offense on UMass.Northern Illinois offense averages 519 yards per game. UMass’ little 276 yards per game. QB Lynch with18 TDP, just 5 int. & 1031 YR, 8 TDR continues outstanding season.

Northern Illinois/Massachusetts* Over 57 -140 ...my #s say 61-64

Great Week 9 and wish you the best in Wk 10. Would like to hear your thoughts on Auburn, not sure why that line is dropping? GL Blood. Any luck in the woods today if you got back out?

Houston U* -17 -110 vs South Florida x2...USF has not generated an offensive TD last 12 Qtrs as its #123 national rank and 258 yards per game will attest. On the ohter hand, UH clicking on all cylinders and just a pt from perfect, #1 in nation in TO ratio (+20). Houston is the only remaining perfect ATS squad on the year at 7-0.

Great Week 9 and wish you the best in Wk 10. Would like to hear your thoughts on Auburn, not sure why that line is dropping? GL Blood. Any luck in the woods today if you got back out?

That game smells bad.. I'm staying away.. I'm with you, wondering why the line is dropping.

Thanks Tim...stayed in the woods all day yesterday and stepped on a copperhead and he turned around and hit me in the boot. thankfully i had my tall snake boots on so no penetration but did scare me a bit....this damn warm weather brings all the critters back out of their dens and becomes very dangerous.
Cleaned house all day as Tracey drove home to help me close up the cabin...we are headed to Fla Nov17 for 4 months and going to spend Christmas in the Keys. I'll be back in the woods Fri
I'll take a look at Aub and give u my take on it
GL this wk my friend

Tim
looked @ Aub/Arki and the only reason I see for the downward line movement is the fact that this series is normally tight with eight upsets in the last 12 games. Auburn may need to get through this with its #2 QB after the starter Nick Marshall was injured last week. I guess if one looks close at the trends and record between these two, one could see a close game as Arki still has a chance a bowl game but needs to win out. Reading the local paper, Bielema indicates he might go with youth movement rest of the way though and even with Aub 2nd string QB,(I really think MArshall plays) their rushing game is good enough to cover this line up to 12 or so imo.
I recommend a play on Auburn and dont be afraid to buy it to seven if it makes u feel better....I may hit it again @ 7. I think it safely a 38-20 game

adding
Virginia Tech* -3 -150 vs Boston College x1 ... I'm going with '''Beamer BAll'' here. There is no doubt that Boston will play the full sixty min but this seems as good a time as any for Virginia Tech to open up what little Offence they have. What could make a team angrier than losing home to Duke?
Virginia Tech/Boston College* Under 41½ -110 x half ...my # say 37 total

I took another look @ the Auburn game this morn and I like it more now than i did initially added another 2 U for a total of 4. If Marshall doesnt start,Jeremy Johnson can run the offence well enough to cover this spread. Johnson has attempted only 39 passes, but six have resulted in touchdowns. Where Auburn has improved most dramatically is in the running game. The Tigers 6.4 yards per rushing attempt is a figure topped by only three other teams. They will run the ball effectively against an Arkansas defense that recently lost DT Thomas who was having the best season of his career. Malzahn and OC Lashley are Arkansas natives with Fayetteville ties. They will have their troops well-prepared for their personal homecoming game.
Auburn* -9 -110 vs Arkansas x1
Auburn* -7 -140 vs Arkansas x3

added another 2 U to
Arizona U* -14 -130 vs California x2 on the open
Arizona U* -16 -110 vs California x2 for a total of 4
Only three Cal defenders have started every game, a discontinuity reflected in the stats. Cal is one of only four teams allowing more than 500 yards per game. Their defense ranks above only Idaho and New Mexico State. Yes it true that Zona is a run based offense but against Cals D pts should be no problem.Zonais just off a 406-136 RY, 676-347 yd edge at Colo

added
UL Lafayette* -31 -130 vs New Mexico State x2
Sounds like a lot of pts to give but NMS doesn’t figure to control the game on the ground, and they have not been good at passing and catching up after falling behind, as blowout defeat margins of 49, 21, 21, 46, 49 and 26 points will attest. I think this will also be a blowout...something like 55-17

WednesDay Nite Football

I'm playing both of these small and if the line moves in my favor I will add a little on both @ gametime.
Cincinnati U* -2½ -110 vs Memphis x half
Cincinnati U/Memphis* Under 45 -110 x half
Cincinnati has four wins but they have been against: Purdue, Miami-OH, Northwestern State and Temple. Purdue has 1 win (vs. an FCS team), Miami-OH is winless, Northwestern State is FCS, Temple is a 1-win team (Army). Memphis is a one win team (Arkansas State) that is only 2-4 ATS.Mem despite a 1-5 mark, has only been outscored by 3 ppg, outgaining their foes by 29 ypg. Not much of a home field advantage for Memphis even with ESPN2... but where are their fans? There were more than 40,000 empty seats in the Liberty Bowl for their last home game. I am trying hard to find the 'bottom line' on this game but having a hard time. Kay, who took over for Legaux following his injury, is completing 79 % of his passes in conference play and tied a career high with four touchdown passes in the Bearcats’ 41-16 victory over UConn. The defense did its part as well against the Huskies, setting season highs for 3 interceptions,8 sacks and 11 tackles for loss. The Tigers rank 13th in FBS in total defense and are tied for 34th in scoring defense after finishing 51st and 80th, respectively, in 2012.
They have a good LB in Coleman who played a key role in the Tigers’ second-half surge, tying an NCAA record with two fumble returns for touchdowns. Memphis, which gives up an average of 80 penalty yards (the second-highest mark in FBS), drew nine flags for 110 yards against SMU – the second time it has surrendered at least 100 yards in penalties. Wish I could do better but who the hell knows who wins this game tonite. I think I like the Under more than the side with Cincinnati and Memphis ranking second and third, respectively, in the conference in total defense. Comments welcome if u need to talk me off of these plays

GLTA

This game, and you may not believe in this, is a game that I think Vegas is begging people to take cincy. I like to do a straw poll and ask people I work with who covers a game...telling them my pick 'em goes ATS. I have asked 20 people and 19 have said Cincy, easy. That always forces me to look on the other side. I think you are right in "who the hell know who wins" but my money will be on Memphis ML, just bc it is better value.

This game, and you may not believe in this, is a game that I think Vegas is begging people to take cincy. I like to do a straw poll and ask people I work with who covers a game...telling them my pick 'em goes ATS. I have asked 20 people and 19 have said Cincy, easy. That always forces me to look on the other side. I think you are right in "who the hell know who wins" but my money will be on Memphis ML, just bc it is better value.
Thanks for the feedback captbunch. Interesting thoughts on polling. All thoughts are appreciated. While Vegas Begging does not affect my capping to a great extent, I dont disagree that that happens. I think Cinci wins this by 3 pts something like 24-17.The Tigers are off a misleading gm vs SMU as they were down 34-3 but got 2 def td’s and also a td pass on the last play. I think lot of peps are putting to much thought into to this game...maybe including me LOL :) :)
U may have the correct thinking by just polling
GL capt

may as well put my series play in here.
St. Louis Cardinals* +110 vs Boston Red Sox x1
St. Louis Cardinals/Boston Red Sox* Under 7 -120 x1
I havent played an Under in the series yet, until today.
Wacha is 5-0, 0.76 in his last five starts, allowing 22 baserunners in 35 IP in those five games (10 H, 12 BB) four of his last five starts stayed under total.
Lackey threw 17 pitches in a scoreless 8th inning Sunday and he is 2-1, 3.5 in his three playoff starts. Eight of his last eleven home starts stayed under total.

Go Cards

leanin your way on the under tonight, mem/cincy, that is. not to be confused with the beisbol. GL Blood.

Better get your old ass back to the mountains and rested as of April so you and Tracey can meet me in Las Vegas the first part of June. It will be my retirement trip and we should have one helluva retirement party out there.

Bite the damn snake back. Always works for me. GL

Yep. All are invited. The date to be announced after the new year. People won't believe seeing what I really look like and of course Blood looks like Old Saint Nick. GL

Thanks for the feedback captbunch. Interesting thoughts on polling. All thoughts are appreciated. While Vegas Begging does not affect my capping to a great extent, I dont disagree that that happens. I think Cinci wins this by 3 pts something like 24-17.The Tigers are off a misleading gm vs SMU as they were down 34-3 but got 2 def td’s and also a td pass on the last play. I think lot of peps are putting to much thought into to this game...maybe including me LOL :) :)
U may have the correct thinking by just polling
GL capt

polling isn't all that i do, i just like to take public perception into account when i see a line that looks way off. more times than not, asking friend and co-workers will tell me what side i dont want to be on.

Thursday Nite parlay 100/180
Cincinnati U* -122/Under 49-190

parlay 50/140
St. Louis Cardinals* +110/Under 7 -125

parlay 100/70
Cincinnati U/Memphis* Under 54 -350 /St. Louis Cardinals/Boston Red Sox* Under 9 -310

Tim
looked @ Aub/Arki and the only reason I see for the downward line movement is the fact that this series is normally tight with eight upsets in the last 12 games. Auburn may need to get through this with its #2 QB after the starter Nick Marshall was injured last week. I guess if one looks close at the trends and record between these two, one could see a close game as Arki still has a chance a bowl game but needs to win out. Reading the local paper, Bielema indicates he might go with youth movement rest of the way though and even with Aub 2nd string QB,(I really think MArshall plays) their rushing game is good enough to cover this line up to 12 or so imo.
I recommend a play on Auburn and dont be afraid to buy it to seven if it makes u feel better....I may hit it again @ 7. I think it safely a 38-20 game
Thanks for your thoughts Blood, I am in on Auburn at -7 -125. Glad you had your boots on, those copperheads are nasty critters.

I'm a big outdoor person as well, stepped on an 8-9 foot black snake and he was pissed...hissing and snapping his big ass mouth lol

added Cinci ML
Cincinnati U* -125 vs Memphis x 1

hopefully there will be some ingame opportunities to make a few coin

Pittsburgh Penguins* -125 vs Boston Bruins x1 ...pens on a 3 game losing streak but that will be remedied tonite

OK,most everyone knows that the ole hound does Not do the NBA(or at least dont normally post it)...and I dont like watching a bunch of over payed pussies...but I do keep up with the Atlanta team and I think this line is about 5½ pts off
Atlanta Hawks* +6½ -110
vs Dallas Mavericks x one
Mark Cuban went out and got a new backcourt this summer. While it's an improvement over O.J. Mayo and a revolving door at point guard, it leaves the Mavs even more vulnerable defensively and that’s the problem with spotting points with a poor defense. The ability to cover a margin relies heavily on a strong shooting effort and preventing big runs by the opposition. I dont believe the Mavs are capable of that against this season-opening guest.
Hawks’ let Josh Smith walk but replaced him with one of the off-season's best values in Paul Millsap. The Hawks are a well-balanced team that can score and that can play defense. Korver is one of the game’s best shooters. Al Horford is an accomplished low-post and mid-range player. The Hawks will attempt to run a Spurs-like offense predicated on motion and a heavy dose of pick and roll, which will allow guys like Teague to thrive. The Hawks chances of winning here is just as good as the Mavs chances, thus the 6½ points being offered looms large.
GO HAWKS

Blood, have you looked at the Texas Tech/Oklahoma State game? If so, what are you thinking.

Like your Houston bet.

I did look at it up close and I cant pick a winner so just put it aside and look deeper at others. I actually capped it @35-35
I cant depend on OkiSt O and Gundy and I dont know how the mindset of the TT kids will be after the loss last wk.
The Red Raiders just allowed 277 rushing yards in a loss at Oklahoma last week, while OSU rushed for 342 in a victory at Iowa State. Tech continues to move the ball with freshman Davis Webb under center. Webb has thrown for 1,262 yards and seven TDs over the last three games.OkiSt love to intercept the ball and that could be the difference in this game. Just cant be of more help unless I take the time to break the individual positions down and since i dont have a dog in this fight, I want take time to do that. GL if u decide to make a play but there are better games imo.

Houston U* -17 -110 vs South Florida x2...USF has not generated an offensive TD last 12 Qtrs as its #123 national rank and 258 yards per game will attest. On the ohter hand, UH clicking on all cylinders and just a pt from perfect, #1 in nation in TO ratio (+20). Houston is the only remaining perfect ATS squad on the year at 7-0.

Man South FL is awful. Houston's offense reminds me of Louisville, and Louisville crushed USF last week. I like the play. My concern right now is that all of the money is coming in on HOUS.

[TABLE="class: contentTable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]South Florida Bulls [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"] Houston Cougars [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]Event Details[/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]6:00 PM CDT on October 31, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: iconTD cellSep"][/TD]
[TD]70° F/ 21° C
Partly Cloudy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"] Troy Trojans [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]6:30 PM CDT on October 31, 2013[/TD]
[TD]74° F/ 23° C
Rain Showers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Rice Owls [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"] North Texas Mean Green [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]6:30 PM CDT on October 31, 2013[/TD]
[TD]63° F/ 17° C
Clear[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Arizona State Sun Devils [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"] Washington State Cougars [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]7:30 PM PDT on October 31, 2013[/TD]
[TD]40° F/ 4° C
Partly Cloudy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] USC Trojans [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"] Oregon State Beavers [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]6:00 PM PDT on November 01, 2013[/TD]
[TD]59° F/ 15° C
Chance of Rain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Southern University Jaguars [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"] Texas Southern Tigers [/TD]
[TD="class: cellSep"]8:00 PM CDT on November 01, 2013[/TD]
[TD]70° F/ 21° C
Clear[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Thursday Nite Football
Houston U* -17 -110 vs South Florida x2

Troy* -3 -115 vs UL Monroe x2
UL Monroe/Troy* Over 61 -110 x1

Arizona State* -10 -135 vs Washington State x2
Arizona State/Washington State* Over 70 -110 x2

still looking @ Rice

parlay 200/187
Houston U* -10 -450/UL Monroe/Troy* Over 51 -450/Arizona State/Washington State* Over 61 -350

Back