College Bowl Plays...

Well done today Azzie. The 2nd half of the NCS/Rutgers was probably one of the more agonizing 30 minutes of football I've sat thru this year; knowing I had the right side but was likely to lose because of a knee injury to Wilson, when it looked like he could have played, would have been difficult to stomach. Realize Rutgers backers might say Wilson doesn't play defense and Scarlet Knights had their way with NCS in the 2nd half, which is true, but let's face it...Wilson is one of those players...and he dominated the 1st H, was there any doubt whom the biggest impact player was in that 1st H? No...the whole mojo of the game changed when he stayed on the bench to start the 2nd half. Regardless, happy to have this one in the stable.

Playing the International Bowl on 3 January:

Connecticut -4 (-120) over Buffalo (got this at Skybook)

Playing a flat unit on my sides this bowl season; nevertheless, this, along with TCU (which lost), are two of my three top plays in all likelihood. Really like the Huskies in this matchup.

Now sitting at 5-2 on the bowl season.

3 games today, going to the Holiday Bowl tonite and playing the other nite game.

Today's game...Maryland v Nevada (Humanitarian Bowl in Boise)

Vanzack started a thread on this game that has pretty good thoughts in it; like him, I am/was looking for reasons to back the Terps here; catching 3 with the better athletes is always attractive. Maryland's defensive back 7 and special teams are superior to the Wolfpack...don't think that can be argued. Also, don't really care about Nevada's rushing stats, esp defensively, against the WAC. Maryland will not need to establish the run to throw on this pathetic back 7. On the other hand, Wolfpack have all the intangible advantages...have read many quotes alluding to the fact that Friedgen has really had to "work" to get his team focused for the 8th place ACC Bowl game, basically in the middle of nowhere (as far as the Terps are concerned). Nevada also mailed in their bowl effort LY and should be motivated to win a bowl this year, esp against a BCS team. I lean Maryland, but I don't want my money on a team that has a good chance of not being into it emotionally. Nobody can possibly know how the Terps will come out today; I know the 'Pack will play for 60 minutes. PASS.

Holiday Bowl, Oklahoma St v Oregon, I'll be at this game and there is a good chance I will be drunk. That is the best bet for this game. If someone see an advantage on a side or total, please speak up, because I am not seeing it. PASS.

Texas Bowl, Reliant Stadium, Western Michigan v Rice, Two prolific offenses, though you got to like the Rice offense a little better with Clements mobility and his ability to extend plays. Nevertheless, this will be a shootout and will come down to which defense can get a couple stops late and maybe a TO here or there. Feel the Bronco defense is significantly better than the Owls and should be the ones to come up with defensive plays late. Both teams happy to be here, esp Western Michigan (Rice was hoping for ND as a possible opponent), and both should come to play.
Western Michigan +3 over Rice

Good luck.

Grats on the Holiday bowl tickets ... i think it rates to be one of the most exciting games of the bowl season.

I like how you took the better team getting 3 with a western michigan team that should show up to play but passed on the better team getting 3 when it seems unlikely that they show up and play. motivation is huge.

Have fun at the game

prop bet of horses posting plays from jail on drunken disorderly charges

yes -230
no + 190

yes -230
no + 190

:36_11_6:

And if I meet up with RJ at the game, "yes" goes to -300...at least.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

yes -230
no + 190

:36_11_6:

And if I meet up with RJ at the game, "yes" goes to -300...at least.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Sorry, not going to the game after all. So your chances will be just about 2-1.

Have a good time. I'm taking it easy and watching from the Sports Bar.

Sorry, not going to the game after all.

Bittersweet news; sorry, I''l miss ya. better chance of staying out of County, though. I'll call ya if I need bail.

Back