Cole to the Yankees (and other off-season moves)

Good for the Reds. I wanted him instead of Ozuna for the Braves. But obviously the multi year deals,.the Braves don't go for. Pretty much all the big FAs are signed. Question now is if any of these guys (Betts, Arenado, or Bryant) get moved.

Reds have been a trendy pick this year for a big improvement, which usually foreshadows bad

But I like what theyve done

Yep. I got suckered in on the Phils last year. Feels like the Reds and White Sox will be over inflated this year.

So as a Tribe fan. I’m wondering what that means for Frankie. They are pretty much the only team I can see him going to. Makes things interesting...

I think the Red Sox did quite well. Betts was not resigning there and getting Verdugo and the fat pitcher with the big fastball for one year of Betts is quite a nice job by the new GM Bloom.

So as a Tribe fan. I’m wondering what that means for Frankie. They are pretty much the only team I can see him going to. Makes things interesting...

I am just counting down the days till my team has to trade Yelich so I know what your going through. It really sucks being a fan of a small market team in baseball. Hopefully they somehow get a salary cap in the next collective bargaining agreement but I'm not counting on it.

so stupid...i don't know why parties agree to these lifetime contracts when it's likely a player won't even be in mlb 9 years from now. what percentage of contracts over 6 years are actually completed with the team it was signed with? probably like 1/3 of them at most.

i agree in theory but team like Yankees don’t care. If that what they have to do to have their ace for next few years they do it and just eat the money on back end.

I am just counting down the days till my team has to trade Yelich so I know what your going through. It really sucks being a fan of a small market team in baseball. Hopefully they somehow get a salary cap in the next collective bargaining agreement but I'm not counting on it.

Seems kinda curious they not doing much that I’d call aggressive while they have a superstar in his prime.

Not so sure about that. Its a big money deal with an opt out after two years and Colorado expects a big return.

I was one of few around here incredibly happy cards didn’t trade for him: I honestly don’t think he worth what he making. You seen his splits away from coors?

Seems kinda curious they not doing much that I’d call aggressive while they have a superstar in his prime.

The Brewers don't have the revenue stream to push payroll to the levels you are suggesting. They had a record high payroll last season and lost money.

The Brewers don't have the revenue stream to push payroll to the levels you are suggesting. They had a record high payroll last season and lost money.

I wasn’t really suggesting they add huge free agents just not letting all theirs walk. Unless they have young pitching I don’t know about coming soon I don’t think their staff good enough anyways. Just seems criminal to have the best player in the nl on such a team friendly contract and not fielding a winner.

what was that franchise record payroll? 120 mil? And they losing money? Jeez, Think I read each team got like 118 mil in revenue sharing in ‘18 so that doesn’t make sense to me.

I wasn’t really suggesting they add huge free agents just not letting all theirs walk. Unless they have young pitching I don’t know about coming soon I don’t think their staff good enough anyways. Just seems criminal to have the best player in the nl on such a team friendly contract and not fielding a winner.

what was that franchise record payroll? 120 mil? And they losing money? Jeez, Think I read each team got like 118 mil in revenue sharing in ‘18 so that doesn’t make sense to me.

They let Moustakas and Grandal walk and I can't say I blame them for not committing that much money or years to either of them. Every year the so called experts bash what the team does in the offseason and they usually outperform what is expected of them. At this point I trust whatever David Stearns does even if the moves look questionable on the surface.

They let Moustakas and Grandal walk and I can't say I blame them for not committing that much money or years to either of them. Every year the so called experts bash what the team does in the offseason and they usually outperform what is expected of them. At this point I trust whatever David Stearns does even if the moves look questionable on the surface.

i dunno what exactly they have accomplished to have so much faith but guess it cool you happy with them. We expect more around these parts ;)

i dunno what exactly they have accomplished to have so much faith but guess it cool you happy with them. We expect more around these parts ;)

They are the smallest market in the sport and have made the playoffs two consecutive years and were one win away from playing in the World Series two years ago. David Stearns has done a remarkable job with limited resources. If this sport ever had a salary cap we would really have a great chance to be good most years.

The media can spend all day praising the Yankees, Dodgers, and Cardinals for being winning teams but the credit belongs to teams like the Brewers, Rays, and Indians who compete well with limited resources. The NFL is the best league because each and every team has the same chance to win unlike baseball where the Brewers have no chance to resign Yelich and the Indians the same with Lindor.

Cardinals payroll is rarely if ever top 10 so don’t think it fair not to give that front office credit. They have won with primarily home grown talent w some smart trades/acquisitions (in the past, not recently).

rays and Oakland are the class of small markets and it not even close Imo. Put either those teams in the nl central and they would own both our clubs!!

I was mostly just goading ya a little pal. Don’t take me too serious on the subject. Lol

Back