Coaching Changes

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Not going to be around much but think this thread would be good to keep track of the changes.

So far we have:

Nutt to Ole Miss
Sherman to TAMU
Briles to Baylor

Look for SoMiss to interview Tyrone Nix (SC D-Cord) for the HC job which wouldn't bother my ass 1 bit (I should be fair to him, a defense crushed my injuries) but I just don't like his whole "bend don't break" style of defense, need something more aggressive. There is nothing in this world that pisses me off more than 3rd and 18 being converted because we are in a shitty zone coverage with no pressure on the QB. When you see that happen multiple times a game, you begin to lose your mind

Last edited:
green, spurrier to lsu. what are the odds?

just so i leave you a chance, 1%

Besides the whole contract issues, there is the ego.

No doubt, Spurrier with the LSU athletes can reign supreme in the SEC again, he knows that as well as anyone else in the country. However, if he left SC after a 6-6 yr and 3 yrs overall where he didn't accomplish much of anything, the sportswriters will be right, "he couldn't win at SC" and that will sting him till his death. He isn't at SC cause we pay him loads of money, he makes under 2mill a yr and was offered 4mill from Bama, he is at SC so he can accomplish what has never been accomplished and further adding to his resume.

To me, Spurrier is at SC for personal reasons such as those mentioned above, so no chance he goes to LSU.

Add Art Briles to the list...Suppose to take over @ Baylor. Lateral move or step down if you ask me

Not a step down in pay!!! But he won't be able to get it turned around. Coach killer of a school!

Will Muschamp (Auburn's DC) has reportedly interviewed with Southern Miss and Georgia Tech. Also...looks like Tubs will reluctantly stay put at Auburn. He is definitely not happy with the AD or the board of trustees.

Mooch is UCLA's first choice. They've had discussions about the job. I have my doubts it gets done. He obviously brings a lot of credibility but I'm afraid he might have gone soft working in television for a few years now. Once he looks into the massive advantage sc has over UCLA (sc runs their program like an SEC school, UCLA runs it like stanford or an Ivy league school) I bet he passes up the job for a better opportunity down the road.

Mike Price is reportedly the second choice.

Peterson is my #1 choice, but he looks very unlikely.

Leach may also be an option.

Did I really read that the Hogs want Tommy Bowden?

I thouht he signed an extension...maybe imma wrong

Did I really read that the Hogs want Tommy Bowden?

I thouht he signed an extension...maybe imma wrong

The hogs boards are going nuts over this. Personally i think he is trying to snake more money out of CU but who knows. Various articles floating around about this now.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Bowden meets Arky AD; leading candidate to replace Nutt</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR color=#cccccc noShade>Is Arkansas Coming After Tommy? There are a lot of innuendos and stories out there surrounding Tommy Bowden and the opening at Arkansas. Here’s what we know as of Monday afternoon about the Razorbacks and Bowden's contract extenstion offered by Clemson last week.

Arkansas’ new athletic director Jeff Long and Bowden are good friends, and have been for more than 20 years. The two were assistant coaches together at Duke in 1986.

CUTigers.com learned on the day that former Arkansas coach Houston Nutt left to go to Mississippi, that Long and Bowden had been talking on the phone. Obviously, the content of these conversations isn’t known, but more than one discussion took place.

We know that Bowden and Long met Friday at Bowden’s vacation home in Florida.

Monday afternoon, according to ESPN.com, it was reported that Bowden was one of three candidates to have interviewed for the job.

The other two were former Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, the high school coaching legend that left after one year and is now at Tulsa, and Michigan defensive coordinator Ron English.

Bowden has three years left on his Clemson contract, which pays roughly $1.2 million per year and makes him the seventh highest paid coach in the ACC. He has a buyout clause that is $2.5 million for this year, and drops down to $500,000 next year, before reaching a $100,000 buyout in his final year of the contract.

CUTigers.com has learned that Clemson has offered Bowden $1.6 million, with a two-year extension, with a buyout that would drop between $100,000 and $500,000.

CUTigers.com has learned that Bowden was informed that there is almost no room for negotiation.

Sources in Arkansas believe that a hire of the new Razorbacks coach could happen by week’s end. And depending on who you talk to, many say Bowden is the leading candidate.

here's the link to the bowden extension details...http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3140991

my jaw is literally on the floor....2.2 mil/year!?!?!?! WTF is our AD thinking. That for getting us to the peach bowl? I just did a quick google of the current coaches in CFB making at least 2 mil/year cuz I knew there weren't many, here's the list....
Ferentz
Tressel
Fulmer
Meyer
M. Brown
Spurrier
Weis
Carroll
Stoops
Tuberville
Bobby
Saban

and now Tammy Bowden???? Lets examine for a minute who doesn't belong in that list of names. Every one of those have at least been to a BCS game and most have a NC. Bowden biggest win to date has been the peach bowl. ETG I will be awaiting your thoughts on this lol

here's the link to the bowden extension details...http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3140991

my jaw is literally on the floor....2.2 mil/year!?!?!?! WTF is our AD thinking. That for getting us to the peach bowl? I just did a quick google of the current coaches in CFB making at least 2 mil/year cuz I knew there weren't many, here's the list....
Ferentz
Tressel
Fulmer
Meyer
M. Brown
Spurrier
Weis
Carroll
Stoops
Tuberville
Bobby
Saban

and now Tammy Bowden???? Lets examine for a minute who doesn't belong in that list of names. Every one of those have at least been to a BCS game and most have a NC. Bowden biggest win to date has been the peach bowl. ETG I will be awaiting your thoughts on this lol

he set you up for more money, lol

Does Spurrier make 2mil? I thought he made 1.75

Bowden can recruit though, 1 thing he has going for him and your school.

lol

SMU eying down Paul Johnson.

He would be a hell of a hire. I would be willing to bet that Johnson will turn that Mustang program around. I have great respect for Johnson, as I think he is one of the most (if not the most) underrated HC in college football.

yea heard on the local radio that he was at the campus yesterday...would be a great hire for that program, in fact maybe best ever

Just seems like a lateral move at best and man for that I'd stay at Navy..

You tell u're kids to be there at 11 and they show up at 10:45.

Source: Georgia Tech will hire Navy's Johnson

Georgia Tech will hire Navy's Paul Johnson as its head coach the Sporting News has learned.
The deal is for six years and $14 million, according to a source close to the situation.

He has coached the Midshipmen for six years, compiling a 45-29 record. Johnson has led Navy to five consecutive bowls, including this year's Poinsettia Bowl against Utah.
Prior to coaching Navy, Johnson coached from 1997-2001 at Georgia Southern, where he won I-AA titles in 1999 and 2000 and compiled a 62-10 record.
Johnson apparently had his pick of the jobs at Georgia Tech, Duke and SMU, though initially the offer from Tech wasn' the highest paying. Johnson replaces Chan Gailey, who was fired after six years. Gailey went 44-32, taking Tech to bowls each year. Last year was Gailey's best: He led the Yellow Jackets to the ACC title game. But he was hurt by the fact he never beat Georgia.

This figures Radakovich hires a great coach for GT football the year before he is expected to return to LSU to replace Skip Bertman as AD. I wonder what Radakovich would have to say about Miles through 2012.

I'm happy for Johnson. I think this is a good move for him to start climbing the ladder and making a name for himself at bigger, more reputable programs. Over the long term, I think Johnson will be a major success.

Not a head coaching job but Tyron Nix (SC Defensive Cord) is moving on to Ole Miss to be DC there.

My feelings have been stated already here, have fun

South Carolina mesasge boards have gone crazy today throwing out every possible DC name in America.

This is all the information I do have from the gamecockcentral reporter:

"I've been working the phones all day and into this evening. In putting several things together, I believe Steve Spurrier is focused on one candidate in particular to replace Tyrone Nix and may be close to landing him if the details are worked out. I do not, at this point, have the green light to give you the name, as the negotiations are ongoing. I can say it's someone you all would be VERY pleased with."

Because of the last sentence I am going to go out and say it is someone who kicks Clemson's ass which would make it Jon Tenuta (sp?) or Bud Foster with Foster being more of a long shot imo since he has been at VT as long as I've been alive. So as of 12/11, I'll take Tenuta for +300

This should be settled within the week because of recruiting implications.

Last edited:
I've heard Tenuta to LSU to replace Pelini.

Honestly, I was guessing out of my ass since the hint was that it would make Carolina fans happy, it had to be someone who beats Clemson's ass.

The latest laughable rumor:

http://www.footballscoop.com/scoop.htm

South Carolina: Look for Bud Foster to be named the new DC at South Carolina . Also look for Spurrier to fire 2 more coaches on staff. John Hunt and Fred Chatham

I am willing to give out +1000 on Bud Foster leaving VT to come to SC.

This part is fact: The mystery man contacted Spurrier, not vice versa.

Is Paul Johnson coaching Navy in their bowl game since John Tenuta was named interim nead coach for the bowl game or is Johnson coaching Ga Tech's bowl game?

thanks jump, I guess I can scratch him off the list.

I have NO IDEA who Spurrier is in talks with then, it is being kept a good secret

Back