Coaches Poll is out

SHSUHorn

Thief
So Texas loses to TT in Lubbock with 1 second left and they drop all the way to 7th?

Behind both Florida and USC who lost to shit teams and 3 spots behind OU who they beat on a neutral field by double digits?

Sorry but the "if you lose early" way of ranking teams is fuckin retarded. Look at the entire of body work (Texas has more quality wins) and look at who the team lost to.

So if Bama goes undefeated but loses to Florida in the MNC title game will they drop 7 spots since they lost late? That's just crap especially since they also play a conference championship game.

Hopefully the BCS poll will be much better since it factors in SOS.

Also 3 non-BCS teams are in the top 12. This is going to be a helluva a year for the "we need a playoff system" talking heads.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

The AP poll makes much more sense.

AP Top 25
1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600
2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528
3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525
4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398
5. Texas 8-1 1,353
6. Oklahoma 8-1 1,324
7. USC 7-1 1,250
8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1,198
9. Boise State 8-0 1,030
10. Utah 9-0 1,028
11. TCU 9-1 958
12. Ohio State 7-2 898
13. Missouri 7-2 830
14. Georgia 7-2 808
15. LSU 6-2 746
16. Ball State 8-0 594
17. Brigham Young 8-1 536
18. Michigan State 8-2 456
19. North Carolina 6-2 418
20. West Virginia 6-2 303
21. California 6-2 288
22. Georgia Tech 7-2 286
23. Maryland 6-2 242
24. Florida State 6-2 128
25. Pittsburgh 6-2 96

texas behind ou is just retarded.

usc over any of the one loss big12 south teams is a joke.

texas vs florida

texas plays tougher schedule. has more quality wins , has a higher quality loss and is behind them ??

texas vs oklahoma

have played similar schedules , texas has beaten straight up and texas is behind them ?

texas vs usc

schedules are not even close to being comparable, texas has WAY higher quality wins and the loss os of much higher quality as well. usc higher ranked than texas is friggin joke. usc should change their mascot to the Obamas the way the media is in the tank for these guys

Fuckin' coaches. What about the Harris?

Texas is #3 in Sagarin. TT is #1.

The BCS guru website has Texas at #5 in the BCS this week. He is generally pretty good at predicting the BCS results.

Fuckin' coaches. What about the Harris?

Texas is #3 in Sagarin. TT is #1.

The BCS guru website has Texas at #5 in the BCS this week. He is generally pretty good at predicting the BCS results.

rj wuts the bcs guru websitE?

The AP is trying to tell everyone something: They don't want the Big Ten in the championship again.

TT jumping to #2 sends that message clearly. But they won't stay there long.

If TT wins out vs Okie St., @ OU, and then beats a two loss Mizzu team in the Big 12 title game they will be #1.

If TT wins out vs Okie St., @ OU, and then beats a two loss Mizzu team in the Big 12 title game they will be #1.

I agree. But do you think that will happen?

I'm pretty sure that they lose @ OU and they have a good shot at losing again this week with Okie Lite. If that is the case, Texas has to hope that OU wins the Bedlam game. Since it's in Norman, I like our chances.

This year, I'm pretty sure they'd beat Mizzou.

From BCSguru.com:

Michael Crabtree's tightrope act was the early Christmas present for the one-loss pretenders looking to get back in the BCS title race. The biggest thank-you note should be coming from Urban Meyer.
Florida is the biggest beneficiary of former No. 1 Texas' last-second loss Saturday night in Lubbock. After trouncing Georgia in the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, the Gators should have a chance to play their way into the BCS title game - if they can handle the rest of their schedule and beat Alabama in the SEC championship game.
As it is, the Tide will assume the No. 1 ranking in the new BCS standings, followed by Penn State and Texas Tech - now the only three BCS conference unbeatens. But the Red Raiders still must navigate past Oklahoma State next week and then a visit to Norman to face Oklahoma on Nov. 22. A Texas Tech loss in either game would almost certainly put the SEC champion in the BCS title game.
One team not to get much help from any of this is USC. Despite another shutout victory - this time over hapless and winless Washington - the Trojans can expect to fall farther down the BCS standings. Outside of a Penn State loss in its remaining three games, there does not appear to be any conceivable scenario that would allow USC to return to the BCS championship game.

The Guru's projected BCS standings for Week 10:
1. Alabama, 2. Penn State, 3. Texas Tech, 4. Florida, 5. Texas, 6. Oklahoma, 7. USC, 8. Oklahoma State, 9. Utah, 10. Boise State, 11. Texas Christian, 12. Ohio State, 13. Georgia, 14. Missouri, 15. Ball State.

if it is just by power rating then florida is number one but that shouldn't be how THEY do it.

Ball St. #15 in the BCS is the biggest joke. Unreal that 4 teams from non-BCS schools have a chance to be in the top 12.

They would get murdered by any top 10 team like TCU was by OU.

The coaches poll is tight for #4-#7. I wonder who voted OU #1? Stoopsie?

I have no problem with ranking Florida over Texas right now. They're playing better ball. But I agree. Texas' only loss is to a top 10 team and Florida lost to an unranked team and has the same problem as USC.

Personally, I'd like to see a Florida vs. Texas championship game. Right now, I'd predict a Florida vs. Penn St championship game. You might as well give the trophy to the Gators now if that happens.

Ball St. #15 in the BCS is the biggest joke. Unreal that 4 teams from non-BCS schools have a chance to be in the top 12.

Even Stoops isn't so much of a douchebag to vote his team #1.

I agree on Florida. Yes they look good right now but that's why you look at every game on the schedule.

They must be punished for losing to an Ole Miss team at home just like USC should get punished for losing to a shit Oregon St. team.

Texas has beaten two teams in the top 8 of these polls and another top 15 team.

Alabama will win out..

State Penn will lose to Iowa

other team will be from b12..either Oklahoma or Texas.

tcu played at ou .... game would be far more competitive if it had been at tcu... not arguing that ou would win there but just saying the BIG schools get every friggin advantage over the small schools when it comes to this whole system.

ESPN predicts Texas #4 this week after Alabama, Penn St, and Florida.

Disagree, Hunt. Think it will be Florida from the SEC and either TT or Texas. OU can't make up the ground to get to the conf championship unless Texas loses again. I don't think that happens.

I don't know why but I really think if Florida runs the table they will play the winner of the Big 12 South regardless if they have one loss or not. Will anyone really want to ee PSU play Florida in the MNC title except for the people outside of the Big 10 country?

PSU plays its final game on Nov. 22nd and will have finished with this schedule:

Sat, Aug 30 Coastal Carolina W 66-10
Sat, Sep 6 Oregon State W 45-14 --
Sat, Sep 13 at Syracuse W 55-13 --
Sat, Sep 20 Temple W 45-3 --
Sat, Sep 27 (22) Illinois W 38-24 --
Sat, Oct 4 at Purdue W 20-6 --
Sat, Oct 11 at Wisconsin W 48-7 --
Sat, Oct 18 Michigan W 46-17 --
Sat, Oct 25 at (10) OSU W 13-6 --
Sat, Nov 8 at Iowa 3:30 pm --
Sat, Nov 15 Indiana TBA --
Sat, Nov 22 (22) MSU TBA

The SEC and Big 12 will play two more games while PSU sits idle. A final regular season game plus the Big 12 & SEC title game is Dec. 6th.

It's a slim chance but the voters will have alot of time to watch the other conferences play while PSU sits idle plus the talk during that two weeks will be very anti-Big 10 due to past results in the MNC title game and the conference playing its worst then anytime I can remember.

TT won't beat OU in Norman, and will have serious issues with Okie St. this week. I think Texas holds all the tiebreakers.

butttttttttttttt will they really leave an undefeated PSU team out of it against a 1-loss team from another conference?

i don't think they will

A couple things...first off, Bedlam is in Stillwater this year, not Norman.

If Tech AND OU both beat Lite...AND OU beats Tech in Norman, all three of those South teams would have one conference loss...having beat each other. This seems like a reasonable scenario though I wouldn't necessarily consider it even likely. However, if it does happen, I think it's the highest ranked team in the BCS that goes to the B12 title game...and that team would likely be OU.

horses that team would be Texas. I have a feeling voters will move Texas ahead of OU once its magnified more closely since Texas beat them by 10 on a neutral field.

Harris is out. OU #5 and Texas #6.

Rank Team Record Points
Previous Game
(weekend of Nov. 1)
Next Game
(weekend of Nov. 8)
Previous
Week's
Rank
1 Alabama (79) 9-0 2,798 Beat Arkansas State 35-0 at No. 15 LSU 2
2 Penn State (17) 9-0 2,689 Idle at Iowa 3
3 Texas Tech (16) 9-0 2,644 Beat No. 1 Texas 39-33 No. 8 Oklahoma State 5
4 Florida (1) 7-1 2,391 Beat No. 8 Georgia 49-10 at Vanderbilt 6
5 Oklahoma 8-1 2,366 Beat Nebraska 62-28 at Texas A&M 4
6 Texas (1) 8-1 2,322 Lost to No. 5 Texas Tech 39-33 Baylor 1
7 USC 7-1 2,273 Beat Washington 56-0 No. 21 California 7
8 Oklahoma State 8-1 2,021 Beat Iowa State 59-17 at No. 3 Texas Tech 9
9 Utah 9-0 1,864 Beat New Mexico 13-10 No. 12 TCU (Thur) 10
10 Boise State 8-0 1,797 Beat New Mexico State 49-0 Utah State 11
11 Ohio State 7-2 1,576 Idle at Northwestern 12
12 TCU 9-1 1,560 Beat UNLV 44-14 at No. 9 Utah (Thur) 13
13 Missouri 7-2 1,416 Beat Baylor 31-28 Kansas State 14
14 Georgia 7-2 1,380 Lost to No. 6 Florida 49-10 at Kentucky 8
15 LSU 6-2 1,241 Beat Tulane 35-10 No. 1 Alabama 16
16 BYU 8-1 1,179 Beat Colorado State 45-42 San Diego State 15
17 Ball State 8-0 1,053 Idle Northern Illinois (Wed) 17
18 Michigan State 8-2 857 Beat Wisconsin 25-24 Purdue 21
19 North Carolina 6-2 670 Idle No. 20 Georgia Tech 22
20 Georgia Tech 7-2 561 Beat No. 18 Florida State 31-28 at No. 19 North Carolina 25
21 California 6-2 432 Beat No. 24 Oregon 26-16 at No. 7 USC 25
22 West Virginia 6-2 369 Beat Connecticut 35-13 Cincinnati NR
23 Maryland 6-2 249 Idle at Virginia Tech (Thur) NR
24 Florida State 6-2 237 Lost to No. 25 Georgia Tech 31-28 Clemson 18
25 Tulsa 8-1 234 Lost to Arkansas 30-23 Idle 19
Number of first place votes shown in parentheses.
Other teams receiving votes: Northwestern 212; Pittsburgh 197; Kansas 185; Minnesota 119; Air Force 31; Cincinnati 27; Oregon 17;
Miami (FLA) 16; Boston College 14; South Carolina 11; South Florida 11; Arizona 9; Central Michigan 5; Oregon State 5; Virginia 4; Fresno
State 3; Louisville 2; Connecticut 1; Navy 1; Western Michigan 1.
Dropped out of Top 25: Minnesota, South Florida, Oregon.

horses that team would be Texas. I have a feeling voters will move Texas ahead of OU once its magnified more closely since Texas beat them by 10 on a neutral field.

Very possible...however, what if OU blows out both Lite and Tech to close the year. Seems like the computers always love OU and if they're virtually even in the two human polls, which they currently are...

Just theorizing...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hang on a second about Ball State. I realize they have played no one but every win has been by DDs and they have the best MAC teams ahead of them on weeknights from here on out.

Since Ball is not going to win the national title or affect the national title race, let me have my one shot for alma mater glory and hope that TCU, Utah and Boise all somehow lose and the Cards win out....

ps - I am rooting for whatever it takes to give me playoffs at some point.

Hang on a second about Ball State. I realize they have played no one but every win has been by DDs and they have the best MAC teams ahead of them on weeknights from here on out.

Since Ball is not going to win the national title or affect the national title race, let me have my one shot for alma mater glory and hope that TCU, Utah and Boise all somehow lose and the Cards win out....

ps - I am rooting for whatever it takes to give me playoffs at some point.

Leaving an undefeated Penn St out of the title game would be a start.

the proponents of a playoff system should root for Texas Tech, Penn State, and Alabama to go undefeated. When Tech goes to the title game over Joe Paterno or Alabama, there will be riots.

How the FUCK could Texas be behind OU? If you beat a team straight up on nuetral or on the road how could you be behind them unless you totally shit the bed like 3 games in a row. Coaches are fucked in the head and always will be. They need to publish their polls that these schmucks turn in so they can be humiliated. Im sure Stoops has OU like #2 and UT like #10.

On another note....if you are in a BCS conference and go undefeated you should play for the national title. You cant help how good your conference...all you can do is go out and win every game on your slate.

the proponents of a playoff system should root for Texas Tech, Penn State, and Alabama to go undefeated. When Tech goes to the title game over Joe Paterno or Alabama, there will be riots.

If JoePa goes unbeaten he will play for the nat title.....coaches will make sure of it.

I love all you Big 12 people gettin all fired up...

Penn State will be in the BCS Championship Game

Y'all might as well come to grips with it now...

I love all you Big 12 people gettin all fired up...

Penn State will be in the BCS Championship Game

Y'all might as well come to grips with it now...

If Penn St gets smoked in the Championship Game, can we then officially exclude the Big Ten from the Championship Game for the next 5 years at least?

I mean, it won't just be Ohio St blowing it. It'll be the last 3 Big Ten representatives blowing it.

The two best conferences this year are the Big 12 and the SEC. The champions from those two conferences should play in the Championship.

Penn St can go out to the Rose Bowl to play USC and get smoked in their first loss of the year.

Penn St would finish 4th or 5th in the Big XII South this year.

Note to board:

We are very angry Texas fans this week.

Fuckin' A.

I want us to rest up and get healthy for the stretch run. But I also want the coaches to get aggressive again. I feel the coaches have gotten too conservative in the last 2 games. Need to unleash the players again.

Back