Cleveland Chase

It's already 5.5 at some books. Just pondering on whether to wait. Seems like some more money might push that to a -6.

I personally think this Hawks team matches up well with the Cavs, and with Z and Gibson out it might play out well for the Hawks. I would also think that the Hawks bench is better. Overall they crowd the paint well, and have players that can shoot the 3 incredibly well as well as good penetration. A very atheletic team. Will be interesting to see who they use on LBJ.

Best of luck to you BC. :cheers:

already 6.5 at the Greek. Doubt you'll see a 7, but suppose it's possible.

what do you think of cleveland's chances at atlanta today, bc? i really want to pound them, but this streak is making me think twice...might just sit it out...

Thats exactly what is keeping the number low enough to cover in Atlanta. The public will start fading - thinking that they are going to lose this one because the Hawks are a very good team. I have to believe that money percentage is starting to to go against Cleveland and that's exactly why this game could be one of the easiest wins ATS.

Wednesday in Philly, when they lost the starting center Ilgauskas, they barely hung on for the 1.5 point cover. I watched how out-of-sync they were without him in the 4th quarter as they had a 20 point lead dwindle to an 8 point win. Last night they played again how they did while he was starting, because they only needed a short time for everyone to get in sync.

The Cavs have unbelievable depth right now, even with 2 starters out, and I wouldnt be afraid to bet them tonight if I were you. Ive been on them for the last 4 games (wish I would have been on them earlier) and Im not backing off until they lose. This line opened at 4 early and already jumped to 5.5.

Its not going down, so bet them early.

I actually like ATL here a lot. Not a very good situational spot, but it's great matchup wise. From last night's game and the game before, both against Philly. There was a major difference when Iigauskas went out. The difference in last night's game was that Philly just suck and cant execute their plays, which is not new. Also, they couldn't even buy a bucket from Elton Brand. For tonight, they will face a stacked ATL squad at every postition and I'll even be on ATL ML.

Unfortunately while this line may have moved the preferred way to begin with, it subsequently went the opposite way. I can still get +4.5 which is basically - if ATL loses SU - a line that needs it to be a 1 possession game right til the end, because it's not one that can on probability survive any extended fouling trick. Cleveland has matched a franchise record for consecutive wins, and needs another win tonight to set the record. A line like 6.5 I'd have viewed as capable of surviving a tight contest with the Hawks faltering right at the end and deliberately fouling, 4.5 isn't.

As I stated prior to the Philly rematch, what I've lost so far I view as minor and even if ATL covers here I don't even need to view as wasted - I've backed against CLE twice and in that time they've covered 2 home games, to take their home streak run to 9-0 ATS. They have a tough opponent straight off their coming 4 game road trip in the form of Houston (who hopefully will be fully healthy), they have the 2nd game back off a 4+ game road trip ATS inertia to deal with when they then face Washington (probably the first of the Cavs 14+ spreads), then they have a B2B set with Miami to top that off. Whatever happens tonight, I think the simple reality of a decent sized road trip here seals their home ATS win streak's fate for when they get back.

public is over atl i think, thinking cle will eventually lose

don't really care to much about %'s but wagerline has a 3 to 1 advantage towards Cleveland. don't have sportsinsight so not sure what the books are showing

I've parlayed ATL SU with NYI/COB Under 5.5 goals for a very minor (sub 100) bet, but enough to return what I've lost on this chase so far. The Islanders have the equal longest 6+ goal game streak going since the NHL rules changes that came out of the lockout season. Columbus is a heavy fav whose last 4 wins have all been Under contests and has conceded just 1 total goal in their last 3 games vs Eastern Conf. opponents, while NYI surrendered 9 goals their last game which automatically says look for the exact opposite [defensive] effort.

Indeed - congrats to Hawks SU and/or ATS backers.

As far as my effort here goes, ended up a mighty +10$ overall for my efforts (that'll pay for my brother-in-laws Xmas present haha), but it at least ensured Cleveland's home ATS run remained intact to be potentially faded in the near future, esp. if their current injury situation continues unabated. DD home ATS streaks are normally rare enough, but anyone paying attention to the trend thread (& it's recording of this season's road team ATS domination) knows such a run this season is almost unbelievable.

Back