Christmas Eve in April!

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
The draft is finally here. It seems like it took forever. Maybe because my Lambs, er Rams have 2 picks in round 1.
I'm mocked out to put it mildly but I wanted to share some overall thoughts and what my team might do.
First off, will the lower echelon teams trade away their top pick to gather more from teams like the Niners? Expect the Niners to make some big noise tomorrow. Are the Niners eyeballing my #1 guy Dion Jordan? Harbaugh loves speed on offense so is he willing to move up for a 5'9" playmaker in Tavon Austin? I don't see it. The Niners are the only team who are 1-2 players away from winning it all this year. I expect them to make 1 big splash tomorrow to move up and to also collect picks for next year by trading out.

Here's what I want the Rams to do. Draft the 2 most explosive offensive players available on offense in the 1st round. Wanna make a good defense great? Make your offense good and that's what the Rams need to do. Any combination of Austin, Hopkins, Allen to Hunter to Lacy (The next Jerome Bettis behind a good line) would upgrade this anemic offense.

cant wait guys!

Rams moving up to #8 with the Bills to draft Tavon Auston??? Rams would need to give up their #16 and 2nd rounder. I'd pull the trigger since we also have the #22.

Just saw Adam Schefter reporting Rams looking to trade out of #22. I believe this is to recoup the loss of their 2nd rounder. I love what I'm hearing. Lots of depth in this draft to have picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Rams franchise just changed today. Austin and Olgetree were much needed picks. Austin obviously spreads defenses out with and offense that showed a deep threat with Givens. The 1 player everyone will start noticing will be Brian Quick. Slow learner but has a body and physicality comparable to Terrell Owens.
Rams still have 2 3rd rounders. I expect a RB and a safety. Hoping for Rambo at Safety and Bell at RB. I really hope somehow Jonathan Franklin falls but I doubt it. Fisher and Snead are doing an amazing job!

Rams moving up to #8 with the Bills to draft Tavon Auston??? Rams would need to give up their #16 and 2nd rounder. I'd pull the trigger since we also have the #22.

Yep. Gave up a 7th rounder as well, but right on with this analysis.

Jonathan Franklin still there in the 4th round. That's who I'm hoping for or would like Gillislee from Florida. What the heck, add another offensive weapon in the backfield. I'm wondering if management feels set with Pead, Richardson, Gannaway and the use of Tavon Austin until next years draft when they have 2 more 1st rounders. Depth at Oline position needs to be addressed.

Ladies and gents, My Lambs are a different team offensively with the additions of Jake Long, Jared Cook, and Austin Tavon. Lets not forget deep threat Chris Givens and my sleeper Brian Quick who I feel will emerge as a big time playmaker with experience.

Jonathan Franklin still there in the 4th round. That's who I'm hoping for or would like Gillislee from Florida. What the heck, add another offensive weapon in the backfield. I'm wondering if management feels set with Pead, Richardson, Gannaway and the use of Tavon Austin until next years draft when they have 2 more 1st rounders. Depth at Oline position needs to be addressed.

Ladies and gents, My Lambs are a different team offensively with the additions of Jake Long, Jared Cook, and Austin Tavon. Lets not forget deep threat Chris Givens and my sleeper Brian Quick who I feel will emerge as a big time playmaker with experience.
A great amount of pressure on Bradford this year. He has his weapons. Time to see if he's the real deal or not.

A great amount of pressure on Bradford this year. He has his weapons. Time to see if he's the real deal or not.

I have not been a big Bradford supporter until last season. For me he did a few things that changed my opinion.

1. He maneuvered in the pocket a little more to buy time. Against the Forty Niners he actually ran for 10+ yards twice on the last drive in regulation to set up a game tying field goal. Which leads to my next point.

2. He should an ability to run a 2 minute offense and lead his team to a last minute TD vs Buffalo. He had 2 last minute drives vs the Niners. In both games he did it in the 4th quarter and in overtime. As we know, the Niner defense wasn't too shabby.

3. His best production came with Amendola in the line up. I expect Tavin Auston will bring more energy and excitement which will elevate Bradford's play.

Fisher was brilliant with the pick of Tavin Auston for this reason. When you draft a 5'8" WR as a top 10 pick, you're subjecting yourself to question. Fisher backs himself up WR Stedman Bailey who can do much of the same.

Just a side note, im looking forward to preseason and putting some small $$$ on the Rams. They have 2 legit backup QB's in Austin Davis and Kellen Clemons. They have these young offensive weapons who need to play. Fisher wont want to show much, but the mentality will be to get these guys on the field to play and gain experience. Imagine Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey vs 2nd units?

Back