Chris Davis

Abreu hit 18 in the first half of 2005, and then 6 in the 2nd half.

The only other guy who would qualify for this "curse" is David Wright, in 2006. He hit 20 in the first half, and then 6 in the 2nd half.

i think 'the curse' refers to finalists. one of the 2 guys seems to suffer in the 2H.

thats a pretty random coincidence because Im sure you can go and pick any 2 players and find that one of those 2 drops off a bit.

guys, the "curse" is simply regression.

the hr derby is made up of guys who are among the league leaders in home runs. inevitably, some of those hr numbers are flukes and not indications of the guys true power. so in the second half, that player regresses to his true potential, it looks like a huge dive.

Abreu had 20 in the 1st half and 6 in the second. Overall, he was about a 26hr a year kind of guy, not a 40 homer a year guy. he just happened to hit most of his in the first half that year. Regression, plain and simple.

Well, after going over the past 9 champions it seems to me that the "curse" is just a myth.

Some guys seem to have better 1st halfs and others have better 2nd halfs.

Even Abreu wasn't a huge difference, imo... Sure, his hrs and rbi were down in the 2h, but, he did play 89 games 1h vs 73 games 2h. He did still bring in 44 rbi in those 73 games. Simply could've been a normal slump, it happens.

So now, like I said, I think the "curse" is simply a myth.

A lot of these guys have had better 2hs than 1hs... Kinda forgot how much of a monster Howard was back in '06. Just sick numbers, especially in the 2h...he hit .355 in the 2h? Wow. And 30 bombs and 78 rbi to go with it...in just 75 games.

Well, after going over the past 9 champions it seems to me that the "curse" is just a myth.

Some guys seem to have better 1st halfs and others have better 2nd halfs.

Even Abreu wasn't a huge difference, imo... Sure, his hrs and rbi were down in the 2h, but, he did play 89 games 1h vs 73 games 2h. He did still bring in 44 rbi in those 73 games. Simply could've been a normal slump, it happens.

So now, like I said, I think the "curse" is simply a myth.

We've been saying that since the beginning.

:shake:

lasik surgery, hgh, its all the same, who cares.

if mlb cant catch them (and you know they want to), then i am not concerned. to me guys get the benefit of the doubt if they have never been found guilty.

after that, all bets are off. (bart colon, melky, aroid, braun) assuming their second batch of guilt is found.

people should get off baseball players and worry more about football players.

I saw this a number of times in the mentioned thread (HGH) but what is HGH?

Back