Chris Davis

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers will call up Chris Davis prior to Thursday's game.

With Hank Blalock expected to be out for a couple more weeks, the Rangers will give Davis a look with the big team. He could steal the job. In 111 at-bats since being promoted to Triple-A, Davis is hitting .333 with ten homers and 31 RBI. He's likely to do a fair share of striking out in the majors, but he's worth gambling on in fantasy leagues due to his power potential. Jun. 26 - 11:45 am et
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

eek... Had no clue he was going to be called up that soon. Figured a September call-up. I made a trade with Santa yesterday for Chris Davis and Chris Tillman for Fernado Martinez, Beau Mills, Jon Meloan and James Darnell in our keeper league. Figured the younger guys I was trading him would develop down the line and he was getting a bit greater talent in the long run, but I wanted the more immediate return with my team competing.

There's no way that average stays up in the majors, best case he'll be more of an Adam Dunn type of guy and you have to hope the power holds up otherwise he's going to be a Adam LaRoche.

Wow fondy very impress you know my Rangers well. Texas' farm system is absolutley loaded right now. Andrus should come up to SS soon moving Young to 3B.

Julio Borbon should be in CF in 2010. He is putting up ridiculous numbers in high-A right now.

Wow fondy very impress you know my Rangers well. Texas' farm system is absolutley loaded right now. Andrus should come up to SS soon moving Young to 3B.

Julio Borbon should be in CF in 2010. He is putting up ridiculous numbers in high-A right now.

That's what happens when you play in a fantasy keeper league and I already have guys like Tim Beckham and Kyle Skipworth on my fantasy roster.

I think Santa has Neftali Feliz on his team, Yanks has Blake Beavan & Eric Hurley... I actually like Engel Beltre to be the best OF for the Rangers down the line.

Team should be really sick though in a few years...

C Teagarden/Salty
1 Justin Smoak/Chris Davis
2 Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
3 Michael Young
OF Beltre, Hamilton, Borbon
DH Max Ramirez

Obviously Davis can play 3rd or OF, Salty could be at 1st, Ramirez could catch... lots of flexibility with that group. Hell could play Michael Young up the middle.

Pitching staff needs to come around though. If they're relying on Eric Hurley they have another thought coming.

Feliz is going to be sick. Main should be eventually better then Beaven he's just been hurt the first pat of the season. If he had qualified with enough innings BA would have named him the top AZL pitcher.

I'm not as sold on Beltre as I am everyone else. Borbon looks like he's going to be the CF of the future and since he signed on with a major league contract the Rangers are going to fast track him to the big show.

Martin Perez the top left handed international signing last year is only 17 and already looking good in Spokane (low-A). He is 17 months younger then the second youngest kid in the league.

Pick him up if you can.

John Mayberry Jr. was a top 15 pick and never lived up to untill he was moved to AAA earlier this year. He will get the next call to the Rangers outfield not your old friend Nelson Cruz who once again is putting up ridiculous AAA numbers.

Why Cruz can't hit major league pitching drives me and the rest of us Ranger fans nuts.

Nelson Cruz is the perfect 4A player. Crush AAA pitching. Cant hit MLB. Ben Hendrickson was another example of this but on the mound

Nothing made me more upset about the Carlos Lee trade than including Nelson Cruz with him... talk about a bust in my mind.

This guy is on a HR tear man. Didnt think he would come straight up and continue mashign but he is for sure and of course I have to face him this week in fantasy

Back