Cheers to Bloodhound

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
This weekend will be 4 years since his passing and I just wanted to salute a member of this site who was a Hall of Famer.
Gambling for me still hasn't been as fun since he passed away. He was 1 of a kind and should always be remembered by us.
RIP and I know we shall meet down the road. Cheers my friends.

Well said. Guy was incredibly nice and respectful towards me for being a brand new member. Cheers to Blood. This Jack Daniels Single Barrel Reserve is for him tonight. Total class act.

To me as well when I first arrived here six years ago. He knew the area where I lived and we exchanged numerous emails with stories unrelated to sports/gambling.

I remember once bitching to him about my lack of success with the amount of time invested and he gave me one the best lines I still use today.

"Gambling is a hobby, and hobbies cost money to enjoy..."

1605272780692.png

I tried scrolling through some old threads to look for his avatar with no luck, so this will have to do. To a fine man and a great capper...

:cheers2:

Terrific guy, humble and kind always willing to share! Had the good fortune to meet him in Vegas one year with Wire, and we had a wonderful time. He was a fine handicapper overall, and particularly good with CFB. Blood loved his property in the Smokies, and really enjoyed the outdoors and the woods. He was a country guy at heart, and had tremendous core values as a human being. Very impressive guy, I miss him and quite frankly this thread brought a tear to my eye! His love for the Crimson Tide was incredible and he along with my cousins who are also huge Tide Fans and Nick Saban are the reasons I kind of adopted Alabama as my second team after the Terps to root for. Every time I watch Bama I think of Blood!

Terrific guy, humble and kind always willing to share! Had the good fortune to meet him in Vegas one year with Wire, and we had a wonderful time. He was a fine handicapper overall, and particularly good with CFB. Blood loved his property in the Smokies, and really enjoyed the outdoors and the woods. He was a country guy at heart, and had tremendous core values as a human being. Very impressive guy, I miss him and quite frankly this thread brought a tear to my eye! His love for the Crimson Tide was incredible and he along with my cousins who are also huge Tide Fans and Nick Saban are the reasons I kind of adopted Alabama as my second team after the Terps to root for. Every time I watch Bama I think of Blood!
Thanks Tim. I own a Bama hat in his honor. My heart goes into my stomach when i think of his passing 4 years ago. Opening up his threads during Bowl season was the best gift every year.

Last edited:
correct me if I am incorrect here,Wire or Tim,but I recall he graduated from Bama and was an engineer In his working life. Also believe he told me his father was involved in the “production” of moonshine!

Roll tide!!!!!! I used to hate Alabama like I hated the Patriots and the Bulls......maybe it’s me not liking the good teams that’s not from NY ( Yankees 27!!!!!)
Bloodhound got me into an Alabama fan now. Like Timh said, when I bet and watch Alabama, Blood comes to my mind. Ived been betting on Alabama ever since. Wonder what Blood thinks of the current Alabama teams (offensively scary)?

What a great guy he was. And that quote is absolutely legendary @inZane

One thing I wanted to mention about Blood was his style...he was WAYYYYYY ahead of the curve with some of his alternate line plays...he’d be mixing in +2.5 run baseball parlays and such.

Just another reason why this place grew to have such a loyal base...we all should have that man’s spirit and appreciation for one another.

RIP Bloodhound

Back