Chase Young Rumors...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Woah, and normally I'd think this was nothing but some buckeye insiders on this as well (taking money from an agent).

I was an inch away from throwing some money on his heisman chances...glad I didn't waste money on that.

This whole thing is pretty bizarre. Sucks for all cfb fans as he was incredible to watch.

I was an inch away from throwing some money on his heisman chances...glad I didn't waste money on that.

This whole thing is pretty bizarre. Sucks for all cfb fans as he was incredible to watch.
Yeah, I honestly hate to see it. The guy is incredible to watch. Apparently this is from 2018... #Urban (I kid, I kid).

Little dissapointed that JH didn't go ahead and get Fields suspended.. that's how you cut the head off this team. Rookie mistake.

There are a whole lotta Joey Burrow supporters that woke up today with unexplainable morning wood.

Unfortunately these days you just can't believe anyone when they get caught doing something wrong.

All of this is so silly, just let these kids take money from boosters and agents it solves the entire problem without the ncaa having to actually get its own hands dirty.

You can’t sincerely, coherently explain that somebody meaningfully suffers when an agent gives Chase Young some nominal amount between 10k-100k (no idea what the actual # was).

All of this is so silly, just let these kids take money from boosters and agents it solves the entire problem without the ncaa having to actually get its own hands dirty.

You can’t sincerely, coherently explain that somebody meaningfully suffers when an agent gives Chase Young some nominal amount between 10k-100k (no idea what the actual # was).
Totally agree. And why do I agree? It's not policed across the board the same.

Fact these OSU kids keep getting caught is the ridiculous thing
Well, it's the first to be caught since tat gate. Obviously much more goes on.. the other part is OSU despite past transgressions doesn't deflect ala a southern type school and let this resolve itself after the season.

Fact these OSU kids keep getting caught is the ridiculous thing

They aren’t getting in trouble at more of a rate than any other big program in the country. The magnifying glass is on them and a handful of other programs more than anywhere else, and this is the best athlete on the team.

Similar situation happened at Alabama with Antonio Langham in 93. Started the chain of events that led us to "staring at the barrel of the gun" from the NCAA. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had something like this a couple of years ago. Paid it back, missed 2 games, all good.

Dumb question...

Are athletes really not allowed to take a loan from a family member/friend? Or is this an issue because of who the family member/friend is/may be?

Are athletes really not allowed to take a loan from a family member/friend? Or is this an issue because of who the family member/friend is/may be?
It would have to an issue with who/what the friend is. The friendship angle is probably the best way to defend it, but if the friendship began immediately prior to his enrollment at OSU and the friend is also an agent, it’s tough to make the case.

Similar situation happened at Alabama with Antonio Langham in 93. Started the chain of events that led us to "staring at the barrel of the gun" from the NCAA. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had something like this a couple of years ago. Paid it back, missed 2 games, all good.

Shit happens at bama everyday. They have a 98% success rate with cheating.

Amazing that all those message board detectives haven’t been able to take them down yet.
Hehe. With that being said, everyone knows about the cars..the NCAA isn't going to do a think about a team that has been in the midst of a great 12 year run.

Hehe. With that being said, everyone knows about the cars..the NCAA isn't going to do a think about a team that has been in the midst of a great 12 year run.

They wait will its over, coach has moved on

Then hit em hard

Cowards way out, ain't no org a bigger coward than the n c 2 a

Interestingly enough, the cars are all legit. I know someone in the compliance office. What they have to go through to register their cars with the school is pretty comprehensive. Saban isn’t going to let something as easy to track as a car title derail his program. Outside of $50 handshakes, I think the way most boosters do it now is going through the parents, kinda like basketball.

I'm not sure I have ever heard the word nominal and $100k used in the same sentence.

Interestingly enough, the cars are all legit. I know someone in the compliance office. What they have to go through to register their cars with the school is pretty comprehensive. Saban isn’t going to let something as easy to track as a car title derail his program. Outside of $50 handshakes, I think the way most boosters do it now is going through the parents, kinda like basketball.
I get the parent angle and Saban angle. I'm just curious where the magic money came from for the cars?

I get the parent angle and Saban angle. I'm just curious where the magic money came from for the cars?

I’m not 100% sure, but I’ve worked at enough Medicaid offices to know that there is no correlation between wealth and type of car you drive

I’m not 100% sure, but I’ve worked at enough Medicaid offices to know that there is no correlation between wealth and type of car you drive
Oh no doubt. I get that. And I get them using tuition money too... obviously the system there is pretty good with no loose ends.

Oh no doubt. I get that. And I get them using tuition money too... obviously the system there is pretty good with no loose ends.

The days of boosters buying cars for recruits like SMU back in the 80s are over. Too many eyes on all that stuff. The extra benefits players get at all programs is much more subtle. At least it was. If there isn’t anymore fallout from the basketball stuff, I imagine people will get bolder

Transfer portal makes getting paid a big business too. Recruiting all over again.

Shhhhhhiiiiiiiiit... Everyone gets paid in the sec except maybe vandy. It's as American as cherry pie. Come on.

And Tennessee is the new Georgia.. we'll see how that starts panning out next year. Coaching matters too...

It just looks sooooo bad. What two games does the best player in football have to sit out? The two games his teams needs him least.

Back