Champions League Round of 16 + outright bets (with writeups)

QUARTERFINALS:

Liverpool to advance (3.45 @ Pinnacle) 4 units
Roma to advance (2.69 @ Pinnacle) 6 units
Valencia to advance (2.46 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

[/B]

So far, so good :D. :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

didn't watch the match but again Rafa's tactics seem to really prove pricelss. I cannot see this man ever leaving Liverpool, perhaps for National Spain job but i think he's got the right team and i do hope that perhaps we could see a Liverpool vs Man Utd Final. That would be excellent. But Satyr, why do i have this gut feeling we will see Liverpool vs Valencia? This whole draw system just feels a little rigged to me. Too much coincidence the past few years.

Well I don't actually care who we get, not after this. We are Liverpool FC, bring them on!!!!!!!!

The team I would like the least are Valencia. Similar playing style to our own, and also flying "under the radar", in all competitions. Very tough team to beat.

But anyways :cheers:

Bayern (1.95 @ Expekt) 6 units

Both teams have seen better days, but I somehow feel Bayern are on their way up, at least slightly, after Hitzfield's changes are slowly starting to show on the field. Madrid are missing Beckham, Reyes and Cannavaro. The first two were just starting to show some form and good performances, even though Capello dismissed Beckham just a few months earlier.
Real have never had a tough task in Germany, even in their glory days, much less now when they're struggling at home with the likes of Getafe but even lowly rated teams in Primera.
Bayern are slowly getting back to form, they finally picked some pace in Bundesliga and got a solid result from Madrid, scoring 2 away goals. Bayern should impose their rhythm early on and win this one.
6 units.

wohooo Bayern won!

Real Madrid: out!
Arsenal: out!
Barca: out!
Inter: out!
Lyon: out!

Barca-Liverpool (1st leg)
Liverpool to score first (3.35) 1 unit
Barcelona to win by 1 goal (3.80) 2 unit

Barca-Liverpool (2nd leg)
Liverpool - Barcelona over 2.5 goals (2.17 @ Pinnacle) 5 units
Liverpool - Barcelona correct score 1-2 (9.00 @ Expekt) 1 unit

Celtic-Milan (1st leg)

Celtic (+1/4) (1.82 @ Pinnacle) 6 units (-3 units, 3 units back)
Celtic to advance (4.00 @ Expekt) 2 units

Valencia-Inter (2nd leg)
Valencia to win by 1 goal difference: (3.65 @ Expekt) 3 units.

Chelsea-Porto (2nd leg)
Porto to advance (6.25 @ Expekt) 2 units
Both teams to score (2.25 @ Expekt) 3 units.

Bayern-Real Madrid (2nd leg)
Bayern (1.95 @ Expekt) 6 units

QUARTERFINALS:

Liverpool to advance (3.45 @ Pinnacle) 4 units
Roma to advance (2.69 @ Pinnacle) 6 units
Valencia to advance (2.46 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

+14.77 units in the 1/8 finals.
+59.15 overall in CL this season.

OUTRIGHTS (pending)

Manchester United to win Champions league (9.40) 10 units
Liverpool to win Champions league (21.92) 2 units
Valencia to win Champions league (23.82) 1 unit

Last edited:
Btw, I just noticed that again. Rod Steel's post was SPOT ON!!! Bellamy set the goal for Riise but the point is SPOT ON! Wow man, nice hit. :smiley_acbe:

My prediction is that Riise sets up the winning goal for Bellamy at the Nou Camp :smiley_acbe:

GL Satyr :cheers:

:cheers:

Great hit with Bayern, buddy! And I see that Round of 16 treated you very well, well done! :cheers:

Well done Satyr, solid profits for you on gutsy plays, congratulations.

The results have really surprised me (and cost me) this round.:down:

Back