Champions League quarterfinals (2nd leg)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Man U - Roma

Usually it's a wise move to counter the O/U situation compared to the 1st leg, but not this time, if you ask me. Roma aren't some typical catenaccio team and even though they will surely look to defend first and keep defensive integrity high at all times, score later, they still have an offensive minded coach, offensive power, involving 5 players that join the attack in transition, even though the only classical attacker is Vucinic, when playing.
Manchester United know they can't rely on a 1:0 score, so they'll want to score at least 2 goals here. Since I don't think Roma will fall without a goal, I'll be on the over since I feel the value is there.
Over 2.5 goals (2.01 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

Long shot score prediction: 2:2. 3:1 wouldn't surprise me, same as 2:1.

Leaning Valencia (0), but will probably skip it.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

AS Roma (probable): Doni; Cassetti, Mexes, Chivu, Panucci; De Rossi, Pizarro; Wilhelmsson, Taddei, Mancini; Totti

The thing is that Roma have only allowed 4 goals in CL this season and have been defeated only once in their last 22 games. Their defense is underrated, imo. At the same time, ManU will be w/out Scholes and Saha,
while Ronaldo has not scored in Europe yet;which leaves us only with Rooney, who has not scored at home in a european game for 3 years now!

Roma will no doubt try to slow down United's rhythm, cause they know that they can not allow the Red Devils to get into their usual pace with the crowd roaring. I don't know, although the over looked good at first sight, I'm still looking at it but probably will stay away and look like a jerk when it hits, lol!

BOL to Satyr and everyone who's on it! :shake:

Totti will play. Those speculations are only bringin hope to Man Utd supporters. He gives it his all when he plays for Roma. He doesn't give a rats ass about the Azzurri but when you see him play for Roma, he is just a different player. Ready to put the nail in the coffin, plus the Man Utd defeat to Portsmouth didn't help with the Man Utd morale. I think Roma can really make a game of this.

Thanks guys.

Panos, you won't look like a jerk at all, all those points are 100% valid and you pointing them out is right on the money. But this is more a nature of the game play, as I honestly feel Roma won't defend at all cost tonight, but rather search to score. Yes, Man U options are limited in the offense, but the pressure at Old Trafford is hard to resist, and let's just say my gut feeling says both teams will search to score tonight, as this is the only way they go through.

If you think about it, nobody can be happy with a 0:0, 1:0 score. And I mean no one.
I actually expect Man U to take the lead, but Roma to fight back and tie it up, anything can happen afterwards. Let's just say none of the high scoring results would surprise me, including a Roma win.

I m not brave enough to choose the side here.

In the other game, I feel the value is on the home team, but will leave it alone.

Cheers.

Good luck tonight Roma fans, you have one extra supporter tonight ;) ! :cheers:

Hopefully we can meet in the final after we take care of Valencia in the semis :D.

no sweat whatsoever :D

sorry for Roma fans. But you know how it is, they score a goal and they're right back in this one ;).

Yeah, and my bet only needs four straight unanswered goals by Roma to have a shot as well.

It's still good.

Gulp.

Hehe, I looked through the game completely :down:

So much for the tough Roma defense...

Congrats, Satyr, it must have been your quickest over hit of your life, lol.

This is why I LOVE betting overs. I'm an over bettor typically. I LOVE winning my bets in the 20th minute :D

Overs are just my thing.

BTW, Valencia 111111111111111111

NANDOOOOOOOO

wohooooooo

Liverpool - PSV

If you ask me it's either Liverpool -1,5 or even -2 if you can find it, or NOTHING.

You heard me well. No way should anyone be lured into taking 1.55 here, as the payout isn't at all attractive. However, taking -2,5 @ 4.60 - is.

The thing is, Liverpool have nothing to hide, and nothing to save their players for. They're playing Manchester City on Saturday but they're now 4 points clear off Arsenal.

I remember every single time Liverpool losing the game after winning on the road, GAK Graz, CSKA, Barcelona...

That's just Benitez. But I don't think this pattern can be used every time, even though it's more than evident Rafa and his boys don't care much once they're qualified.

Still, they've seen Man Utd yesterday, and they could (SHOULD) put a great performance for the fans. PSV are extremely weak at the moment, a team of thousand worries, after squandering a 15 point lead in the Dutch championship, they have to focus on the upcoming game against Twente.

European games are never taken easily by any team or player, and I don't expect PSV to roll over. The thing is, they might not have much choice. Their game has been sub par for a while now and Liverpool could massacre them without much hassle.

So if you ask me, this one will either:

1)finish a dull 0:0, perhaps a super late goal by either team, which is a toss up, and doesn't deserve a wager.

2)end up in a 3,4-0 result to the home team.

I still have to find the -2 or -2,5 option and put 2 units on it. No need to invest more due to a juicy payout and a number 1 option still open.
I'll post a bet once I find it.

Great call on the over Satyr, I got a soft spot for Roma and was really hoping Roma could progress this season especially at the Red Devils expense.

T-dot, I think PSV is showing up with a 15-16 man squad because of injuries...I got Liverpool -1 (2.37) and im glad to see were on the page Satyr!

Liverpool -1 @ 1.90 for me (catfood, you´re killin´me with these lines, lol!)

PSV looks like a team in disarray right now. The only thing that worries me is that maybe Liverpool players are too relaxed for this game.

Gl everyone!

PSV are fielding a couple of players from their youth team (Rens van Eijden & Olivier ter Horst) & missing first team regulars Ibrahim Afellay, Jan Kromkamp, Edison Méndez, Michael Reiziger and Alex.

Basically what they are saying is we are playing this game because we have to, however we have a domestic league lead to try and defend between now and the end of the season which would obviously be their priority right now.

Overs for me tonight - GL Satyr and go liverpool!

Liverpool -1 @ 1.90 for me (catfood, you´re killin´me with these lines, lol!)

PSV looks like a team in disarray right now. The only thing that worries me is that maybe Liverpool players are too relaxed for this game.

Gl everyone!

Well Panos, William hill does have excellent match specials whenever theres an english team involved in the CL, when its England NT, or if its the Premier league, but when the other leagues are concerned, its probably very easy to find better lines. Good luck. Go liverpool!

thanks guys. I'm trying to find an online book that offers -2 or -2,5 :D.

I took -2,5 at my local book (4.60) with 2 units so far, will probably add -1 @ Pinny (1.93) with 3 or 4, still looking at it. GL.

took only the 2 unit option @4.60 (local book) and lost it, even if I had taken the -1 bet it would've been moneyback so all the same here.

-2 units it is.
:shake:

Man I cant buy a win in the Champions league lately lol A weak PSV team, one red-carded with 20 minutes to boot. I didnt expect Liverpool to go all out but they couldve won 2-0 or 3-0 without straining themselves too much.

definitely, but as I said (see option number 1 in my post) Liverpool are a strange animal. They can beat the best, absolutely outplay them (hint: Barcelona) but they also don't give a damn once they're through. It doesn't have anything to do with teamspirit, tradition, as they're huge in both departments, but simply they don't give much into it once they're through.

I agree, they could've and should've absolutely molested PSV last night, and trust me, they could've taken that one by 5 goals to nil had they been fired up for it, but it seems Rafa will rather worry about putting the spotlight back to Anfield after they get passed Chelsea. :D.

update (taken from the 1st knockout round thread (page 2))
OUTRIGHTS (pending)

Manchester United to win Champions league (9.40) 10 units
Liverpool to win Champions league (21.92) 2 units
Valencia to win Champions league (23.82) 1 unit

Valencia got kicked out, -1 unit. I'll update it in the record now.

Back