Chambers Bay

his twitter has a bunch more pics

Ive been before but we've had no rain lately so unless they have an unreal grounds crew it's going to be real tough

You mean we get to see some high scores? Sweet. Why should every test of the year be almost the same thing? It's nice to see a different challenge for these guys

I think it's great, a lot of these guys are just so fucking spoiled. Shut up and play the golf course....

How the fuck do you hold a tournament not knowing whether a hole will be a par 4 or a par 5? Just make a fucking call and hold it for the week. No one will care if the wind changes direction and one becomes the hardest hole and one the easiest

Be surprised to see an American win. That's the extent of my capping.

J Walker would likely be my favourite but he's not even in my contest picks...so I'm clueless

Be surprised to see an American win. That's the extent of my capping.

J Walker would likely be my favourite but he's not even in my contest picks...so I'm clueless

I think Walker will be solid this week, getting ready to put him in my contest picks.

I'm a grown man crying. And I actually remember watching this. Age puts it all in perspective.

Fairly certain this is not how Tiger drew up the hole.

Just turned on the coverage will hold judgement on Fox's telecast.

No reason to reserve judgment, it's anger inducing. Like throw your phone shit.

UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. – Gary Woodlandwas admitted to Tacoma General Hospital on Thursday afternoon after experiencing severe dehydration at Chambers Bay.
Woodland has been ill since Sunday and had a “significant relapse” over the past 36 hours, according to a statement released by his agent, Mark Steinberg.
Woodland received IV fluids before his first round of the U.S. Open, and then was taken to the hospital after an opening 74. Doctors confirmed that he has a virus.
Steinberg said that Woodland is hoping to play Friday.

So Tiger, Fowler and Louie are losing two shots PER HOLE to the group in front of them (Spieth, Day, Rose).

So far in terms of suckitude, I'd rate it:

1) Chambers Bay - visually unappealing as a US Open venue. Gimmicky slopes, greens that blend into the fairway, holes that can't accommodate spectators. Bad choice.
2) Eldrick & Ricky Flatbrim - Woods was horrible, Fowler was even worse.
3) Fox coverage (would be higher on the list if not for the occasional Holly Sonders sighting)

Fairly certain this is not how Tiger drew up the hole.

Just turned on the coverage will hold judgement on Fox's telecast.

Dude it is BRUTAL....Let us just say they treat the audience like they are broadcasting Jai a Lai championships

I am surprised they didnt explain what par/birdie is.........

they got it all weekend too?

Fox shouldnt do golf....I hope all you fuckers who hate Nantz realize now what we had/have..

I am waiting for a big futuristic golf cyborg to jump out to some Puddle Of Mudd or Hinder song and swat the club at another cyborg's head

football....sure....they don't make me puke.

I always have felt Fox to be last place in sports broadcast

So far in terms of suckitude, I'd rate it:

1) Chambers Bay - visually unappealing as a US Open venue. Gimmicky slopes, greens that blend into the fairway, holes that can't accommodate spectators. Bad choice.
2) Eldrick & Ricky Flatbrim - Woods was horrible, Fowler was even worse.
3) Fox coverage (would be higher on the list if not for the occasional Holly Sonders sighting)

We got The Open early......

Dude it is BRUTAL....Let us just say they treat the audience like they are broadcasting Jai a Lai championships

Fox shouldnt do golf....I hope all you fuckers who hate Nantz realize now what we had/have..

I am waiting for a big futuristic golf cyborg to jump out to some Puddle Of Mudd or Hinder song and swat the club at another cyborg's head

We still get Jim for the Masters and PGA Championship and a bunch of other spring/summer events on tour.

We lost Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller etc for USGA events. This is just brutal.

Btw i took Hideki over Bubba for the tourney. Tied thru 1 round.

You should win that.

Thoughts on Phil vs Bubba in 2nd round? Bubba seemed so frustrated with length of round today and it isn't changing anytimer soon...and Phil was pretty solid after the good weekend last week...

We got 115/105 right now.

You should win that.

Thoughts on Phil vs Bubba in 2nd round? Bubba seemed so frustrated with length of round today and it isn't changing anytimer soon...and Phil was pretty solid after the good weekend last week...

We got 115/105 right now.

That should be good. Bubba walked off the course and refused to talk to the media. Those greens will be so bumpy when he goes off in the afternoon, he might have a stroke. His caddie is going to get yelled at all day today

I was thinking the same thing. It's like they think that there is some huge new viewership because they are new at broadcasting the US Open, and don't realize that the people who watch golf on Thursday are generally die hard golf fans. It's like watching college football with my parents, having to explain what's happening all the time, or explaining that yes, sometimes Alabama does commit penalties.

Also thought they did a poor job on Tiger's group. I get that there is a large part of society (the fans on the 18th were atrocious) who enjoy watching fallen superstars, but there was no reason to show every shot that group was hitting, just to see how bad it got. You can always go back and show some lowlights, but they were basically kicking those guys while they were down. The guys on the telecast who actually played golf (Weiskopf and Faxon) basically said they didn't want to see it. Norman wasn't as bad as the non-golf guys, but you can tell he doesn't like Tiger because Tiger never went to him for advice. Can't believe this joke of a broadcast crew has the next 10 of these

I was thinking the same thing. It's like they think that there is some huge new viewership because they are new at broadcasting the US Open, and don't realize that the people who watch golf on Thursday are generally die hard golf fans. It's like watching college football with my parents, having to explain what's happening all the time, or explaining that yes, sometimes Alabama does commit penalties.

Also thought they did a poor job on Tiger's group. I get that there is a large part of society (the fans on the 18th were atrocious) who enjoy watching fallen superstars, but there was no reason to show every shot that group was hitting, just to see how bad it got. You can always go back and show some lowlights, but they were basically kicking those guys while they were down. The guys on the telecast who actually played golf (Weiskopf and Faxon) basically said they didn't want to see it. Norman wasn't as bad as the non-golf guys, but you can tell he doesn't like Tiger because Tiger never went to him for advice. Can't believe this joke of a broadcast crew has the next 10 of these

Everything in this post...:shake:

Apologies Reno. I dont come around here as much and didnt see your post until now. Next time text me.

Anyway, did anyone fade Woodland? +6 thru 7 today. Im curious to see what happens with Jason Day tomorrow.

agree with entire post...I miss Johnny already

Back