vandy has no talent, new qb, tough road game, this gets ugly

Minnesota -14.5
too big and strong for Kent, too much power running all day long

UCLA -3.5
Olsen will step in nicely at QB, Bruin speed will win this one

Oklahoma -22.5
how is UAB going to score on this defense? not gonna happen

Army -4.5
the Cadets are steadily improving under Bobby Ross, who is their opponent?

Notre Dame -6.5
better QB, better coach, offensive machine this season

Arizona -6.5
better QB, better coach, up and coming program ready to take next step

Wake Forest -14.5
poor Syracuse

Best of Luck:wacka wacka:

Last edited:
GL this week. I'm on a few of these.

Lots of chalk, but I guess you're just being you.

rjurewitz said:
GL this week. I'm on a few of these.

Lots of chalk, but I guess you're just being you.
that is my name:smiley_acbe: , I did take 2 moneylines that look like value to me:cheers:

First week of the year is always a chalk time. Love the card, wish you best of luck, and welcome to the board.

Good selections, chalk, and welcome to the board!
beer.gif

How does cal have a better coach than fulmer? How many championships has cal won?

33-17 in four seasons as head coach
Has led the Golden Bears to four straight winning seasons and three straight bowl games

That makes him a better coach? His best record was 10 - 2 and the holliday bowl.. Cmon bro! You are comparing him to a guy who has the best winning % of all time and a coach who competes in a LOT tougher conference

I dont know abcs. I guess if it was SAT test Tedford would probably get a much better score than Fullmer. I'm not a big Tedford fan at all, so I'd agree and take fullmer even on a down year.

NickFazekas said:
I dont know abcs. I guess if it was SAT test Tedford would probably get a much better score than Fullmer. I'm not a big Tedford fan at all, so I'd agree and take fullmer even on a down year.

The guy has one down year and now he cant coach?? Look at his body of work.. Yes tedford has improved cal, but honestly they arent that much better. Too say he is a better coach is just laguhable.. let me guess George Masons coach is better than Lute Olson since Lute had a down year last year as well :hairout:

Oh yea and as far as Cal having more overall talent that is debatable at best.. I just think of guys like JJ Arrington and how badly he sucks in the nfl, then think of Jamal Lewis and Travis Henry. I just think Tenn players, especially the defensive ones are 10x better athletes.

why are you fucking up my thread abcs? please stop arguing with yourself in my thread, good luck to you man, but if you think that Fulmer is as good of a coach then Jeff Tedford, then I think your beyond help

Heychalk,
do you know how cal's injury bug is doing? I heard mixon was out? I really like em with a full roster, but probably a no play if he and others are out.:cheers:

abcs whats the deal? Don't hate because they were the last team to beat USC. Cal has a solid team this year it would be foolish to overlook them.

I said Tedford was a better coach in my statement located under my play, if you disagree with that, then that is fine, I don't expect all of us to agree, but I would rather not discuss this in my play thread, good luck abcs

NickFazekas said:
Heychalk,
do you know how cal's injury bug is doing? I heard mixon was out? I really like em with a full roster, but probably a no play if he and others are out.:cheers:
some big defensive losses Nick, but I think they will have enough to beat Tennessee, if they can get over that 1st quarter hump of having that huge crowd in their ear, then I think they should be just fine, Cal is a better overall football team than Tennessee, that should show when they face off

Cal also had to suffer thru the Joe Ayoob era, and now that Longshore is back that miserable time should be mercifully over.

no way abcs, edge is much more complete and established than JJ, I just think that opinions concerning coaches are just opinions anyhow, if you gave me the choice between Georgia's coach and Tennessee's coach, I would certainly take Mark Richt, but he doesn't have the resume of Fulmer either, now you see what I mean?

Chalk said:
no way abcs, edge is much more complete and established than JJ, I just think that opinions concerning coaches are just opinions anyhow, if you gave me the choice between Georgia's coach and Tennessee's coach, I would certainly take Mark Richt, but he doesn't have the resume of Fulmer either, now you see what I mean?

I see what your saying, but Tedford has been coaching for 4 years, his best bowl win was a holliday bowl. Will he be better .. maybe? But he has a longway to go and if you look at your shitty schedule last year and their easy wins then it might lead me to believe he cant win the big games.

You have one guy whose career record is 33 - 19 with no conf titles..
You have another guy who has a national championship 2 conf titles and is the winnigst coach of all time percentage wise

Um.. tough to compare a porsche with a kia..

valid points Abcs, but your talking about the Pac10 man, nobody has won anything but USC, if Fulmer was in the pac10 it would be the same result, your not going tell me that Fulmer would have beaten USC the last couple of years are you? I guess since you refer to yourself as "the legend", then you probably aren't someone that anyone can disagree with, so I will say this and you can lose my thread, ABCS, you are right, your a legend

I like alot of your picks Chalk.

I'm prolly the only one in here who thinks WFU can beat the spread against Suck-A-Cuse. we'll see.

will be against you on Cal/UT. although you very well may be right on overall talent. Cal will get quite the surprise coming form the wine and cheese crowds of the PAC-10 (sub the state of oregon)

really liking UTEP right now. that line is jsut getting absurd.

I like the wine and cheese crowds reference, it does seem those southern boys live and die football a little more than the native Californian, there is just too many options in Cali man, good looking women, nice beaches, nice golfing, perfect weather vs. a hot musty humid weather with drunk rednecks that have nothing better to do than watch football

hey thats insulting chalk, I live in Las Vegas and have nothing better to do than watch football:drinking:

NickFazekas said:
hey thats insulting chalk, I live in Las Vegas and have nothing better to do than watch football:drinking:
obviously I like football better than those other options:smiley_acbe:

Back