CFP: Georgia vs. TCU Discussion Thread

I'd say UGA has been pretty close to dominant this year and last. Now, what I think you're saying, it that there are no teams like 2020 Alabama, 2019 LSU, etc. It's been a watered down last couple of seasons for sure, and UGA in particular is built to succeed in that environment. They rarely make mistakes, they are disciplined, and they have talent, particularly on defense. So I'd argue they have been mostly dominant against the competition, but I don't think they are in the conversation for greatest teams in this particular era of football. But they don't have to beat 2019 LSU, they have to beat 2022 TCU

2019 LSU might get 80 on em.

I'd say UGA has been pretty close to dominant this year and last. Now, what I think you're saying, it that there are no teams like 2020 Alabama, 2019 LSU, etc. It's been a watered down last couple of seasons for sure, and UGA in particular is built to succeed in that environment. They rarely make mistakes, they are disciplined, and they have talent, particularly on defense. So I'd argue they have been mostly dominant against the competition, but I don't think they are in the conversation for greatest teams in this particular era of football. But they don't have to beat 2019 LSU, they have to beat 2022 TCU

Yeah, you're right. We have had some great teams in the last 4-5 years.. I think last year GA team was dominant as well..at least on defense.

Was there for the SEC Title game matchup. Insane offense.

Cheat code offense. Burrow, Jefferson, Chase. I think Burrow had 60 Tds that year? All 3 are all pros in the NFL and arguably the best at their positions. Pretty insane.

Cheat code offense. Burrow, Jefferson, Chase. I think Burrow had 60 Tds that year? All 3 are all pros in the NFL and arguably the best at their positions. Pretty insane.
I watched part of the LSU/Alabama game from that year a few months ago, and the amount of talent on the field that day was staggering.

Keeping it simple, Georgia TT's.

Feels like 45-28
I originally bet TCU @ +14 -120. Yesterday I bet GA back -12 -125

I kept thinking about Bama vs N.D. championship game from January 2013. (made one of the bigger bets I ever make on Bama)

The score this year could be about the same. I agree TCU gets a few more points.

I am not as confident with GA as I was with Bama in '13. But, got scared off of TCU

Would really like the same motivated Dawgs team that showed up vs Oregon and the first half vs. Tennessee. If thats the case this isn't close.

Darnell Washington is playing which is huge and it sounds like everyone else is good to go. We also were missing a starter on the OL vs. Ohio St. I think he should be back (McClendon).

What about the motivated team vs Ohio State? What happens if that team shows up?

I think Georgia is far superior and wins on that but I am a little sick and tired of the motivation excuse every time an SEC team gets outplayed.

I realize you may just being saying that if they play like they did vs Oregon and first half vs Vols they roll and I agree, but that motivation bullshit from SEC schools has to stop.

That
What about the motivated team vs Ohio State? What happens if that team shows up?

I think Georgia is far superior and wins on that but I am a little sick and tired of the motivation excuse every time an SEC team gets outplayed.

I realize you may just being saying that if they play like they did vs Oregon and first half vs Vols they roll and I agree, but that motivation bullshit from SEC schools has to stop.
That's fair. Motivation is not the right word. Playing a complete game..

Both teams want to win. It's just what happens when both teams bring their A game.

Reactions: KJ
Will be interesting if UGA tries to line up and pound the ball and speed the game up or if they go shootout mode. They obviously have the depth and talent to do both.

Jalen Carter and Brock both had the flu last game.

Really hope Darnell and Ladd are healthy and play. Both are gamechangers.

if smart (no pun intended), they go shootout mode so I am guessing they line up and pound the ball.

There is talk everywhere about how this would be the most unlikely champion in the sport of our lifetime if TCU wins it all and that is about the only thing that worries me from the TCU side unless the UGA qb gets hurt. 1Q the way Colt McCoy did.

There is talk everywhere about how this would be the most unlikely champion in the sport of our lifetime if TCU wins it all and that is about the only thing that worries me from the TCU side unless the UGA qb gets hurt. 1Q the way Colt McCoy did.
Kordell would like a word

The line is at 12 now. Do you guys think it changes before Monday? I already bet UGA 1h -7. Wanting to play full game. Will it go back up to 13? Any chance it drops to 11? Or does it do nothing?

The line is at 12 now. Do you guys think it changes before Monday? I already bet UGA 1h -7. Wanting to play full game. Will it go back up to 13? Any chance it drops to 11? Or does it do nothing?
I treat 10.5-12.5 like most treat 7.5-9.5 as dead numbers

Game has changed a bit with analytics but XPs in college are still a forgone conclusion unlike the NFL

Don't think you gain anything at 12 that you wouldn't gain at 11 or 13 really

I do think TCU scores...question is turnovers for me

Would be on TCU if it hits 13.5, think they get to 28-31 on the board

I treat 10.5-12.5 like most treat 7.5-9.5 as dead numbers

Game has changed a bit with analytics but XPs in college are still a forgone conclusion unlike the NFL

Don't think you gain anything at 12 that you wouldn't gain at 11 or 13 really

I do think TCU scores...question is turnovers for me

Would be on TCU if it hits 13.5, think they get to 28-31 on the board
I guess that was my question. If you guys think 11,12,13 or dead numbers. Thanks.

Reactions: KJ
I guess that was my question. If you guys think 11,12,13 or dead numbers. Thanks.
Obv I don't treat 13 as dead but it's a key number for me unlike anything above 10 to 12.5

If I get beat betting on or against those numbers I chalk it up to dumb luck

Did people just grab the big number early for buy back? Always felt like 13’, especially 14’ too high, and guess it’s showing

you only list SEC teams in your analysis.

meant to be a joke

Great article for the x/o's crowd

* a 'nub' formation is basically the side with a TE / no WR - typically trips AND a RB on the other side.....

You can see how deadly this is with Bowers and Washington - with Bowers in the slot, Washington as the 'nub' TE - forcing a small CB/S to defend the run, and/ or the 6-7/270 lb Wash. if he releases.
>> this is why you see an offense running towards the 'boundary' / tight side if the field so often - defenses are forced to commit to the 'field' or wide side - here maybe doubling or bracketing Bowers, which gives the O a numbers edge to the boundary.

Unlike dumbshits like Jimbo - Georgia OC Monken uses motion or shifts on most every play, creating confusion / slowing reaction time. Better athletes combined with an aggressive / innovative scheme make them near impossible to stop.

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of this GA team. They've had a horse shoe up their ass in some games this season...and frankly TCU has as well. We will just have to see which horseshoe is bigger.

Two worst defenses I can remember in a CFP final in a LONG time.
I agree 100%

i like tcu fairly strongly here - in a year where all 4 playoff teams were weak, the dogs covered easily in the seminfinals, and now we throw up 2 tds in the final with the Weakest SEC of all time and an overrated georgia team ?

What's the old adage in gambling, if you have 2 horrible teams always take the dog..........well neither these 2 teams are fiu vs charlotte, but I think it still applies.

Man that way of finding out how to win close games, being in close games, being tested, in frankly a deeper conference - is really un-metricable.....they have a little bit of 2002 ohio state vibes and also a huge dog in the final.

That's the type of team I'd take in a year where there is no great team. TCU winning would be a very fitting end to a weird season also, imo. I'll be rooting for them even if I didn't have money on them.

i like tcu fairly strongly here - in a year where all 4 playoff teams were weak, the dogs covered easily in the seminfinals, and now we throw up 2 tds in the final with the Weakest SEC of all time and an overrated georgia team ?

What's the old adage in gambling, if you have 2 horrible teams always take the dog..........well neither these 2 teams are fiu vs charlotte, but I think it still applies.

Man that way of finding out how to win close games, being in close games, being tested, in frankly a deeper conference - is really un-metricable.....they have a little bit of 2002 ohio state vibes and also a huge dog in the final.

That's the type of team I'd take in a year where there is no great team. TCU winning would be a very fitting end to a weird season also, imo. I'll be rooting for them even if I didn't have money on them.
I like TCU like you but didn’t the B12 go 2-6 in the bowls?

I didn’t touch a side, obviously I think Uga wins, I think they prob cover but tough for me to lay that many. Let’s be honest if Michigan doesn’t get hosed on the td pass they called down at 1 then proceeded to fumble, or blow that other early red zone chance don’t they win that game by at least 7? Michigan handed tcu that game. Hats off to tcu for matching Michigan physicality but it still took awful Michigan mistakes for them to win. I think this far lower scoring than last weekends games. 34-17 or something?

I played the under 63 and did a 3 person SGP +275 with bowers ov 59.5 rec yards, Bennett 2+ td passes, and Duggan ov 30.5 rush yards. Tad concerned he loses some yards w sacks but Uga really doesn’t get nearly as many sacks you would think, I really think Duggan gonna have to pick up 1st downs w his legs cause I don’t think they gonna have nearly the ground success with their running backs.

I like TCU like you but didn’t the B12 go 2-6 in the bowls?
they did and alabama crushed kansas state, but also texas tech handles ole miss...........i just don't think it matters that much.....all the conferences are weak. Big twelve is deeper, sec has the better quality.

another point about this game is duggan was a fade qb and couldn't hold the starter job ..people hated this guy....and bennet was a walk on.

they did and alabama crushed kansas state, but also texas tech handles ole miss...........i just don't think it matters that much.....all the conferences are weak. Big twelve is deeper, sec has the better quality.

another point about this game is duggan was a fade qb and couldn't hold the starter job ..people hated this guy....and bennet was a walk on.
I’m not saying it matters all that much but I don’t necessarily think the B12 was as strong as we thought(me included)

But I like the points like you either way

I dont know a thing and can scarcely say I’ve watched college foots this year with the exception of Tulane and a smattering of LSU.

Chances of Stetson and Dugan throwing for 500+ and 4 TDs?

Can I put a wager in on the replay booth butchering a targeting call tonight?

Also why is this game starting so early?
Funny you say that.

I was putting in some fun props and just noticed the starting time.

I would have missed half or more of the 1Q.

Back