CFL West Final Discussion

Periods of snow

Sun, 5 Dec
-5°C
Periods of snow. Blowing snow in outlying areas late in the afternoon. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming north 50 gusting to 70 in the afternoon. High minus 5. Wind chill minus 13 in the morning and minus 24 in the afternoon.
Night: Periods of snow. Blowing snow. Windy. Low minus 28.

This in espn?
ESPN News tomorrow

Who do you wanna be a fan of?

Hulu- Hamilton Tiger Cats
pb2743849264749283747388- Winnipeg Blue Bombers (defending champs)
Teed- BC Lions
Teapot- Saskatchewan Rough Riders

You seem like a Montreal guy

ESPN News tomorrow

Who do you wanna be a fan of?

Hulu- Hamilton Tiger Cats
pb2743849264749283747388- Winnipeg Blue Bombers (defending champs)
Teed- BC Lions
Teapot- Saskatchewan Rough Riders

You seem like a Montreal guy
Tough call

I took a unit under 45.5. With those conditions I don't think we see a lot of big passing plays. Both teams going to play conservative.

4:23 PM CST Saturday 04 December 2021
Special weather statement in effect for:
  • City of Winnipeg
Rapidly deteriorating conditions expected Sunday afternoon into Sunday evening, during the Western final football game.

A low pressure system currently developing in Montana will track southeast through the Dakotas and into Minnesota tonight and into Sunday night.

Across southern Manitoba, 2 to 4 cm of snow is expected to fall Sunday and Sunday night with total snowfall amounts highest along the US border reaching 4 to 8 cm. An arctic cold front will sweep south through the southern half of province Sunday afternoon. With this front, winds will shift from easterly to northerly near noon and increase to 40 gusting to 60 by 3 pm and to 50 gusting to 70 by 6 pm. Combined with the recent and falling snow, visibilities are expected to be briefly reduced in blowing snow to less than 800 m in the late afternoon and throughout Sunday night. Afternoon temperatures are expected to drop about 10 deg from near -5 deg C to near -15 deg C late afternoon to early evening.

This is shaping up like the 94 Western Final that was played in a blizzard in Calgary. Edmonton won but 5 players ended up with frostbite injuries.

I only got 40% flurries in afternoon. I’ll report on wind conditions near field level as soon as I get there tomorrow
I suspect it won't be quite as bad inside as outside. That stadium design keeps a lot of it out. The open-ended fields seem to be affected more.

Riders have serious health concerns at the moment
Yeah Micah Teitz is out and even bigger, Duke WIlliams is a GTD. They are pretty thin at receiver with no legit deep threat if he can't go. Although not sure a deep threat is what you need on a day like this.

What American restaurant is comparable to Earls
It's not Hooters or any breastraunt like that, the servers arent in low cut tops or anything, they, at least in the vancouver locations, are all just extremely attractive

So probly like a high end steakhouse/italian restaurant

It's not Hooters or any breastraunt like that, the servers arent in low cut tops or anything, they, at least in the vancouver locations, are all just extremely attractive

So probly like a high end steakhouse/italian restaurant
Earls on Fir Street in Vancouver?
The seafood platter looks great.

this is like the 1989 west final with Edmonton and Saskatchewan. Everyone said the riders had NO shot. Eskimos had 15 all stars 16-2 and were easily gonna advance.

But the riders had something to say about that…..

Also, Saskatchewan has a history of upset wins in the west final. It’s the grey cup we always screw up.

On our way to Toronto here. Looks like its going to be a decent day. Just above freezing and precip will hold off until after the game.

Back