CFB week 8-- live from vegas

It will be just not sure the number of the last 2 units.. Got 4 units at my regular on-line place but won't be in Vegas until late Thursday p.m. and want to put the other 2 units out there (or more) and won't know the number until I get there.. I have a personal rule that I try not to bet on-line when I am out there as it gets complicated to do both.. Prefer to bet pure cash (pennies)out there but I am going to put a few in now so I don't get screwed by Bob tommorow.. Also sometimes I have to use on-line out there because most places I am at won't let you buy off key numbers.. As I have said Vegas is a fun place to bet but alot the rules are not in the bettors favor..

Long story..

Most of the places that don't let you buy is in nfl though TEE .. you should be ok with that on college games.

Also get better teaser odds out here , so you got that going for vegas which is nice ... hehe.

Add:

TCU -1, -115; 4 units

This one is moving and I expect it to continue so grabbed it now..

My thoughts and all you could possibly want to know about this game over in Jpicks "TCU vs BYU" thread

20 is a pretty key number actually as that is a 2 TD 2 FG number but the higher you go up in spread the less key any number becomes.. A diminishing returns thing.. Read an article on it once but common sense suggests 10 is a key number but double 10 though still a key number is less so... if that makes sense..

Think you are fine-- put it this way I would not be making this near a top unit bet if I thought it were going to be anywhere near the number..

Getting out there late thursday going to put some plays in on line to make sure Dr Bob doesn't fuck me but a majority of my plays will be out there.. If 21 pops in Vegas I may go dark out there.. Trying to keep the disciplined approach that has served me well, but like all, I am still a sickened degenerate at heart and am tempted to put 20 units on this biatch.

That makes sense, and I knew you obviously did not think it would be that close if you are making a BIG play on it.

i really appreciate your insight.

Definitely with you on the "sickened degenerate" part. have fun and tahanks again Tee. Good luck

looks like the movement will keep me off of Mizzou from 7 down to 5.. Pretty large move.. Still give Mizzu a real good chance to win the game but 5 just isn't enough wiggle room to get this on the final list.

Iowa state is moving in the right direction.. Almost certainly a play now at 8.. Good lord.. Iowa State had KU on the ropes at home.. Some disagree, but KU much better than Neb on the road..

nice hit tee...a lot easier than i thought it'd be for us.

normally i'd be with you with the +20 on ku, but they might be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

like miami oh and ole miss...gl to ya this week.

finalizing my early card now. I'll add throughout the day as is the norm.. Gonna be hard for me to post any HT plays while out here but I'll do the best I can, (from iphone)..

add:

Kansas +20, -110. 4 units... Las Vegas Hilton

That puts me on KU for 8 units but do not consider this more than a "regular" 6 unit bet from me.. I like the game a lot and put 4 units early in the week on-line, now another 4 units out here.. Read up in thread if looking for my thoughts on this one..

Iowa -4, -110; 2 unit.. Wynn

Waited around all week for 3 and then Bob jumps it to 4. Best I'll get so rolling with it for a couple.

Uconn +3, -120; 4 units..

This one moved in my direction. UConn off a bye week with a defense able to shut off one side of the field with stud corner Butler, and an offense that can pound you all day long.. Does Rutgers get better this week? Don't think so. Have backed them as dog but not today as chalk.

Back in a bit..

Thanks Buck..

add:

Mi Ohio +9.5, -110; 4 units. Wynn

Thought I may see 10. Didn't pop. Briefly , like the Mi ohio defense in this one and give them a lot more credit than most.. They hung tough LW at No.Illy and I think we see a one possession game here.

Updated my lean list above in case anyone is interested.. Stalking a couple others.. Be around a bit if anyone has anything..

Does Miami's offense not scare you Tee? If its to hardto reply then dont worry about rather see you enjoy Vegas then waste time responding to me. One key interest was BG lost the past meetings including last season when they were 2 pt favs @ Miami and lost 47-14 which was 47-7 till about 2 minutes to play . Not so much revenge but what have to think that BG was still the slightily better team last year and is now . Thats has nothing to do with a 10 pt spread but more so about motivation .

Would put NIU and BG very close to neutral and we saw Ohio catch 11 last week @ NIU . Think BG with some "MO" after the 4th Q rally looking at least to play them 1st H here . Only game Miami cracked 13 pts was 20 @ Cincy but granted there reoad play seems ahead of there play at home.

Also a team like BG who has won @ Pitt , @ terrible Wyoming , and @ Akron plus played decent @ Boise State has an 0-2 home mark losing to Minny and EMU in a fluksih win ....

BOL and Thanks if you have any thoughts ...

Does Miami's offense not scare you Tee? If its to hardto reply then dont worry about rather see you enjoy Vegas then waste time responding to me. One key interest was BG lost the past meetings including last season when they were 2 pt favs @ Miami and lost 47-14 which was 47-7 till about 2 minutes to play . Not so much revenge but what have to think that BG was still the slightily better team last year and is now . Thats has nothing to do with a 10 pt spread but more so about motivation .

Would put NIU and BG very close to neutral and we saw Ohio catch 11 last week @ NIU . Think BG with some "MO" after the 4th Q rally looking at least to play them 1st H here . Only game Miami cracked 13 pts was 20 @ Cincy but granted there reoad play seems ahead of there play at home.

Also a team like BG who has won @ Pitt , @ terrible Wyoming , and @ Akron plus played decent @ Boise State has an 0-2 home mark losing to Minny and EMU in a fluksih win ....

BOL and Thanks if you have any thoughts ...

We see BG slightly different.. After win at Pitt, I have been mostly unimpressed. Got smoked by Minny, hung with Boise yes but still only scored 7, beat a bad wyoming team, Lost to E mich and got by narrowly LW vs Akron.. Mostly see an undervalued and improving Mi Ohio team with stud linebackers and a near DD spread.. I think Mi Ohio will keep this score low and 9+ points should come in handy..

GL this week NUT...and thanks for stopping in..

We see BG slightly different.. After win at Pitt, I have been mostly unimpressed. Got smoked by Minny, hung with Boise yes but still only scored 7, beat a bad wyoming team, Lost to E mich and got by narrowly LW vs Akron.. Mostly see an undervalued and improving Mi Ohio team with stud linebackers and a near DD spread.. I think Mi Ohio will keep this score low and 9+ points should come in handy..

GL this week NUT...and thanks for stopping in..

Thanks Tee . I agree with your assessment on the game . Miami does appear to be improving and BG hasnt been very impressive . I kinda excused the Minny game as they were off the Pitt upset and no one knew Minny was going to be good this year . The game @ Boise was not impressive but really not a negative either I guess was my point . Wyoming terrible no doubt and nothing to say to that . The EMU game is a head scratcher I had EMU +21 but never expected a SU win just saw it is as to many points for an EMU team that could move the ball on offense . The key was Akron last week . I had a read on that game playing Akron 1st H and BG 2nd H thinking they were baiting Akron money making them a small home dog . I figured Akron would start fast off there late rally while BG shook off the loss to EMU and would eventually take control . Sort of happened like that but it was just a theory .

So think I may ride the 1st H with now BG only . I think it has to be at least -7.5 but may agree that 9 or 9.5 may be to much . Good Luck on th day and Thanks for taking the time. GL on your other gambling out there as well ...:cheers:

Just one more thing NIU opened @ Minny catching 10 played well and cover . Where BG opened as 4.5 pt favs vs Minny then closing at -4 . WHich tends to say that BG is a tad stronger or at worst neutral to Minnesota which I think was to strong recall having Minny +4 / ML.

Head scratcher here ...still can get myself off BG ...

Just one more thing NIU opened @ Minny catching 10 played well and cover . Where BG opened as 4.5 pt favs vs Minny then closing at -4 . WHich tends to say that BG is a tad stronger or at worst neutral to Minnesota which I think was to strong recall having Minny +4 / ML.

Head scratcher here ...still can get myself off BG ...

Probably best to go with your gut.. I have it capped as a pretty evenly matched game so the points are very attractive to me..I am hoping for a 16-10 type of game.. If BG scores, I am in trouble:shake:

Thanks Buck..

add:

Mi Ohio +9.5, -110; 4 units. Wynn

like the Mi ohio defense in this one and give them a lot more credit than most.. They hung tough LW at No.Illy and I think we see a one possession game here.

Nailed that one.. Wish I would have had a little on the ML..

I didn't have a penny on this game but for some reason it felt like I did. Lets hope OU kneels on it here!

great stuff buiddy heck of a run up 24 units on the day lap dances are on you tonight lol I am flying down there-

keep it going

Think LVSC opened KU up at +14,, was +18 a couple days ago and now I see +20 all over the place..

Two reasons BAR and I'll add color later as this will almost definately be a play now.

1) KU scores 30 on everyone and Okie will be no different IMO. Sometimes they score it early (at USF) and sometimes they do it late (at Iowa State) but you can count on 4 TD's minimum from this offense.
2) because KU controls the ball so much, Okie is not going to drop half a hundred on 'em, I just don't see it. Okie blows out teams with vastly inferior offensive talent because they can three and out you to death, wear out the opponents defense and then really roll late..

I can see a KU straight up victory to be honest but I am very comfortable with nearly three TDs of wiggle room. And if Okie goes up big early, I am also quite comfortable a backdoor cover will be in the picture to the very end..

I need to check to make sure I am not missing an injury but this one will be locked in soon.. Anyone think it jumps to 21? I don't think so but probly no harm in waiting a bit.

Michigan getting 24 points is also insane BAR.. Question is can Michigan score enough and especially late in a 35-10 type game.. This is why I like KU so much more is I have no question they will score.. Michigan, I like but worry about them getting to 20..

Right now KU is much closer to a play than Michigan but they both might make the final list at different unit amounts.

KU is possible top unit material..

Jesus Man. Best capped game I have seen all year. Great damn call:cheers:

I am also quite comfortable a backdoor cover will be in the picture to the very end..

Backdoor cover supreme.. :cheers:

Had 8 units on it posted here but put this in at the Wynn right before kickoff.. Won't count in my record here but in actuality I won 12 units on the game:

picture.php

great hits bro!! unfuknbelievable day for you, hope you did a shits and giggles parlay on all of them!! you giggling and the book shittin!!

keep it up and enjoy vegas!!

Back