CFB Week 3 Plays, leans and discussion

Mags

The Magsnificent One
Alright, as stated, week 2 was making lemonade out of the lemons that I was handed. Managed to get the numbers in the black so we're moving forward.

Locked in:

North Carolina +6 (100)
South Florida -3 (PUSH)
California -14 (55)
Clemson -18x (110)
2H Iowa State/Iowa U21 (50)
Central Michigan -3 (PUSH)
Michigan -1 (55)
Georgia Tech +7 (50)
East Carolina +13 (50)
Penn State -27x (100)
Auburn -10 (55)
SMU +36/New Mexico State +26x (50)
USC -10 (50)
Vandy -1x/SMU +42x/Oregon -2x/Georgia -2 (75)
Arizona -10 (55)
Wisconsin -1x (50)

As always, thoughts, discussion, etc is more than welcome!

BOL to all!

Peace.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Alright, as stated, week 2 was making lemonade out of the lemons that I was handed. Managed to get the numbers in the black so we're moving forward. Nothing locked in yet but here's what we're looking into:

Locked in:

Leans:

Rutgers -4x (love Butch but think they're over-hyped a little)
South Florida -4
Auburn -10x
SMU +37
Texas -23x
Georgia -7x
Penn State -26x (Cuse blow and PSU is looking really good)
Michigan PK (not crazy about Richie Rod but ND sucks balls)
Iowa -13x
Georgia Tech +7 (nice option against a over-hyped VT team)
California -14x (under-rated team against poor ACC opponent)
East Carolina -13x (Tulane who?)
USC -10x (what is going to be enough for OSU to cover?)

As always, thoughts, discussion, etc is more than welcome!

BOL to all!

Peace.

Some thoughts...

Rutgers I'm thinking about. UNC barely beat McNeese State even though McNeese went 11-1 last year. Am I sold on Rutgers, no, but I like the fact they lost to Fresno, and I think overhype of UNC. Butch picked, of all defensive coords, Minneys, who guided them to 118 in pass defense. Teel might be able to get something going there, but I thought so last week too.

Auburn I'm thinking about. They lost to MSU last year, which I like, and I know Miss St. lost to La Tech, although they lost TO margin. I'm just concerned it might be a really low scoring game where Auburn wins, but doesn't win dd.

I like Georgia, Carolina sucks, yes they always play the dogs close, but IMO this is worst Carolina team in awhile, they are done mentally, and this Bulldog team is 180 times better than beginning of last season, and oh yeah Dogs lost to Spurrier they will be pumped.

Lean mich but who knows. I mean I don't know where the discussion begins on this game even though I need to talk it out.

I think two td's in that rivalry that ISU has dominated in all close games is bit much. We're all assuming Iowa is better but let's not forget they were really really really really bad last year.

not sure I like this card at al. I'm liking too many favorites and that usually spells disaster. We'll see when I dive in deeper tonight

stay away from iowa IMO thats a dangerous game
Yeah, the whole rivalry thing is certainly something to take caution with and I know that ISU has had their number the last couple of years but thinking that I really like this team alot...we'll see. BTW, thanks again for the note on Saturday, got my head back where I needed it to be. :cheers:

Some thoughts...

Rutgers I'm thinking about. UNC barely beat McNeese State even though McNeese went 11-1 last year. Am I sold on Rutgers, no, but I like the fact they lost to Fresno, and I think overhype of UNC. Butch picked, of all defensive coords, Minneys, who guided them to 118 in pass defense. Teel might be able to get something going there, but I thought so last week too.

Auburn I'm thinking about. They lost to MSU last year, which I like, and I know Miss St. lost to La Tech, although they lost TO margin. I'm just concerned it might be a really low scoring game where Auburn wins, but doesn't win dd.

I like Georgia, Carolina sucks, yes they always play the dogs close, but IMO this is worst Carolina team in awhile, they are done mentally, and this Bulldog team is 180 times better than beginning of last season, and oh yeah Dogs lost to Spurrier they will be pumped.

Lean mich but who knows. I mean I don't know where the discussion begins on this game even though I need to talk it out.

I think two td's in that rivalry that ISU has dominated in all close games is bit much. We're all assuming Iowa is better but let's not forget they were really really really really bad last year.
Good stuff, BOL to ya bro! :cheers:

Yeah, the whole rivalry thing is certainly something to take caution with and I know that ISU has had their number the last couple of years but thinking that I really like this team alot...we'll see. BTW, thanks again for the note on Saturday, got my head back where I needed it to be. :cheers:
notta problem i'm guessing your a little younger at capping than me and i used to do the same shit. it takes self control to be good at this and not piss away your winnings bc last week was awesome. once youy learn that you will be even better keep up the good work!

Locked in a couple of plays, still doing homework, adding as the week goes and hopefully before lines move to much against me. Fellas, feedback is appreciated, keep it coming:)

Leans look solid. Can't find any disagreements outside of maybe Rutgers.

Good Luck this week.

Thanks bro, BOL to ya! Looking more at the Rutgers game now, leaning to more of a non-play than anything as I didn't realize how much difference there is in the last couple of recruiting classes for these two teams...Butch has done a superior job to Schianno since he's been there (IMO).

Have any thoughts on Clemson? I'm wondering what it is I'm missing as I think NC State gets rolled. They were 23rd in run d last year but have some guys hurt and only 4 starters returning on D. Their linebackers and safeties are all young and inexperienced.

Have any thoughts on Clemson? I'm wondering what it is I'm missing as I think NC State gets rolled. They were 23rd in run d last year but have some guys hurt and only 4 starters returning on D. Their linebackers and safeties are all young and inexperienced.
I'm starting to look into this one more since I was in your thread, should have decision and reasoning to ya either later on tonight or tomorrow a.m.

2 more are official (adds, South Florida and USC)...locked in what I think are going to be the best numbers I see

Looking into this. I did think that NCST looked like fat ass opening night against South Cackalacky and I am NOT a trend player but the road team has grabbed the cash 7 of the last 8. I know that Clemson go up in that ass last year though...still digging...:popcorn:

Hey, another under the radar pick for me is Fresno St. Didn't realize until today how big this game is for Frez. They are saying that it is the biggest game in Fresno St's history bro. How can I not bet them getting a point? They are going to be so fired up for this game it's ridiculous

Hey, another under the radar pick for me is Fresno St. Didn't realize until today how big this game is for Frez. They are saying that it is the biggest game in Fresno St's history bro. How can I not bet them getting a point? They are going to be so fired up for this game it's ridiculous

They love to knock off BCS teams, and Pat Hill is one of the best coaches in the country.

When I was at KState, Hill brough them to Manhattan and they meant business....pounded us 38-7 or some shit...it was our home non-con loss in like 10 years (including smaking USC)

Yeah, I know. Initially leaned to Frez myself but I just can't get that Rutgers game out of my head. I know that they went across the country, I know that it was the 1st game of the season, I know they're at home in this spot but they just looked like shit in that game. :4_12_12:

Mags be careful with the Tulane game. They are better than you think. If ECU pulls this one out it won't be by more than 7.My opinion but Tulane is a solid ball club. The pub knows ECU now and linesmakers adjusted imo. Looks easy against a Tulane team who has been shitty year after year for a while. Believe it or not Tulane will give them hell and ECU is thinking there invincible. Tulane may win this one SU.We shall see.Just wanted to share those thoughts on Tulane that comes from a local boy.

Mags be careful with the Tulane game. They are better than you think. If ECU pulls this one out it won't be by more than 7.My opinion but Tulane is a solid ball club. The pub knows ECU now and linesmakers adjusted imo. Looks easy against a Tulane team who has been shitty year after year for a while. Believe it or not Tulane will give them hell and ECU is thinking there invincible. Tulane may win this one SU.We shall see.Just wanted to share those thoughts on Tulane that comes from a local boy.
I do appreciate the heads-up, I'll be looking into shit more this evening. :popcorn:

yeah for some reason iowa always bites in this game, after looking awesome in in the prior game...against a crappy team

In response to previous posts...take Clemson at anything under 3 TD's!!! TE Anthony Hill, RB Toney Baker, and RB Jamelle Eugene will be out Sat. in Death Valley. In Tom O'Brien's own words..."Our offense relied heavily on TE play and, now it can't". Redshirt Freshman QB wilson gets his second start coming coming off being KO'd by the SC defense two weeks ago. He has mobility but without the TE outlet I see Clemson putting eight men in the box. Rush D of NC State doesn't stand a chance at stopping the run...Harper will play action the aggressive D to death. I like a score in the neighborhood of 42-10.

In response to previous posts...take Clemson at anything under 3 TD's!!! TE Anthony Hill, RB Toney Baker, and RB Jamelle Eugene will be out Sat. in Death Valley. In Tom O'Brien's own words..."Our offense relied heavily on TE play and, now it can't". Redshirt Freshman QB wilson gets his second start coming coming off being KO'd by the SC defense two weeks ago. He has mobility but without the TE outlet I see Clemson putting eight men in the box. Rush D of NC State doesn't stand a chance at stopping the run...Harper will play action the aggressive D to death. I like a score in the neighborhood of 42-10.

Good look bro, I'm looking into it further now (why didn't you give me this kind of info Ramble :popcorn:)? Oh yeah, welcome aboard too! :tiphat:

Good look bro, I'm looking into it further now (why didn't you give me this kind of info Ramble :popcorn:)? Oh yeah, welcome aboard too! :tiphat:

Mags, I said NC State was banged up. If you look at the matchup page you will easily see that they've got 3 or 4 key players out! Too much of this for you -->:cheers:

Alright, with the exception of PSU I believe that the card is now complete.

Let's grab the cash boys, off to a 1-0 start:)

South Florida = thought it was a loser, thought it was a winner, passed out, woke up and got a push :7_2_111:

Thanks LJC, ditto! Looking at some totals now too, can see some UNDERS with the weather along the east coast.

SC no play, just the under in that game. Will be against on USC and possibly Wisky.

EDIT: so ya if you meant USC when u said SC then yes.

Back