CFB Week 15, Bowls, FCS

Yeah I'd think so, WVU just seemed so deflated w/o Grier, not even sure why they'd be motivated. And I think Utah was the better team by a margin even if Grier did play. Might be a realllll ugly one to watch.

I like it after doing some work on it this morning, and I think you're right WVU deflated with Grier injury and then their D is just not very good at all.

Utah -6.5 -115 1.5*

I wrestled with this one, but in the end think the defenses will hold up for both of these teams.

237/238 BC/Iowa under 46 -105 1*

Timh is navy a situational play or X's and O's? and elaborate if you can. Good luck as always today

Timh is navy a situational play or X's and O's? and elaborate if you can. Good luck as always today
VK I liked what Navy did with Perry in the Army game and think we see him under center for most of the game today, which should help the efficiency of the option. I also like that Navy opponents only run 61.8 ppg, even though as you pointed out in your comments that this Navy team seemingly runs a higher tempo this year and are snapping the ball quicker. My concerns are Navy pass defense giving up 9.0 ypa, but UVA passing game only at 6.4 ypa so not necessarily your big play passing game offense. It is going to be bitter cold with a decent wind today in Annapolis also, which may hinder the passing game for UVA. I noticed in looking back at VA/GT game that VA did a credible job of stopping the run 52/220 and there were 142 plays run in the game (GT 74, VA 68). I like to look at plays, points per play and compare across schedules and and came up with about 138 plays as a projection for today's game and 58 points. I'm thinking of playing the over today as well.

Thanks for the analysis Tim, good to hear your thoughts on how you view the game and your projections. I will likely reverse engineer your math some to get a better idea so thank you. I was also looking at both teams ypp O/D run/pass as I like to look at YPP/YPA over almost anything else after adjusting for schedule.

Thanks KSimp, Mars BOL today fellas. I felt like I was a little unlucky last night on Iowa total and Arizona. I was flipping around and missed the fake spike play at the end of the half for Purdue which led to the FG and actually game winning points. Thought Arizona was going to break through with one more score there, kind of an odd game in that Tate didn't ever really get it going in the running game but was very successful throwing. Iowa game last TO by BC was huge for setting Iowa up in decent field position, and then break a big play....was hoping a FG would decide it and had 46.

Yea I saw you were on U and I got scared and actually thought that is how it was going to end with a fg by one of them to close at 43. I thought how the first half went that Over was still good and no point betting off but Under felt like more and more the side as the second half played out. BOL Today.

Yea I saw you were on U and I got scared and actually thought that is how it was going to end with a fg by one of them to close at 43. I thought how the first half went that Over was still good and no point betting off but Under felt like more and more the side as the second half played out. BOL Today.
The field at Yankee Stadium was really a detriment with no underground heating...those guys were really having a tough time with footing and were changing shoes all over the place. I think it's great they have a bowl there, but the facility really not set up to handle the extreme cold weather.

Thanks Rambler, BOL.

Thanks KSimp, Mars BOL today fellas. I felt like I was a little unlucky last night on Iowa total and Arizona. I was flipping around and missed the fake spike play at the end of the half for Purdue which led to the FG and actually game winning points. Thought Arizona was going to break through with one more score there, kind of an odd game in that Tate didn't ever really get it going in the running game but was very successful throwing. Iowa game last TO by BC was huge for setting Iowa up in decent field position, and then break a big play....was hoping a FG would decide it and had 46.

There were 583 total yards. The team that hit 27 pts had exactly 200 yards.

Iowa FG - set up by turnover to start the game, three and out
Iowa TD - set up by ridiculous roughing the passer
BC TD - tipped pass by defender deflects softly and perfectly to BC pass catcher for a TD
BC Turnover sets up last Iowa TD

Was some bologna for under backers.

And there were under 130 plays in that pinstripe game Timh.

Rarely see a game where one team gets every call one half to a degree you think they are cheating for them (in favor of purdue first half) and then see a second half where every call is in favor of the opposite team (zona) making you think they are cheating for them. I guess it can randomly happen and the refs had a really bad game. It made the game more odd than it otherwise would be. Also seemed like Purdue used up all their creativity in the first half. Zona really shut them down in the second with the help of some drops (which aren't flukes when it is purdue per cubsker).

I didn't understand how the fourth down play was not a purdue first down. Watched it around 40 times last night and it was a first down every single time.

There were 583 total yards. The team that hit 27 pts had exactly 200 yards.

Iowa FG - set up by turnover to start the game, three and out
Iowa TD - set up by ridiculous roughing the passer
BC TD - tipped pass by defender deflects softly and perfectly to BC pass catcher for a TD
BC Turnover sets up last Iowa TD

Was some bologna for under backers.
You elaborated much better than I did there...tough beat but I went over and over that game and couldn't really find an advantage and then kind of convinced myself that with the weather and two not so great offenses that I would like to go under. FSU game was totally whether they were motivated to play or not. I had read that Odell was really bringing the team together and they were motivated to play for him but I just didn't want to pull the trigger.

And there were under 130 plays in that pinstripe game Timh.

Rarely see a game where one team gets every call one half to a degree you think they are cheating for them (in favor of purdue first half) and then see a second half where every call is in favor of the opposite team (zona) making you think they are cheating for them. I guess it can randomly happen and the refs had a really bad game. It made the game more odd than it otherwise would be. Also seemed like Purdue used up all their creativity in the first half. Zona really shut them down in the second with the help of some drops (which aren't flukes when it is purdue per cubsker).

I didn't understand how the fourth down play was not a purdue first down. Watched it around 40 times last night and it was a first down every single time.
You know I thought it was at first, but after watching the replay several times I think what happened was when the runnner spun and extended the ball he crossed the sideline out of bounds with the ball before getting to the marker. Some of the camera angles were not good, but there was one where you could see his extension of the ball crossed the sideline prior to the marker imo....

I think you are spot on about the refereeing as well in Arizona game, just a horrendous job they did with some of the PI calls.

Perry considerably better than Abey. has some quickness, doesn't he? Well done on that game ... Navy almost reached total on their own and almost needed to.

Perry considerably better than Abey. has some quickness, doesn't he? Well done on that game ... Navy almost reached total on their own and almost needed to.
Perry is really good agreed, great when he gets on the edge.....

Important Injuries
Texas A&M
Date Pos Player Injury Status Statistics
12/29 5:16am DB Derrick Tucker Targeting Suspension is OUT 1st half Friday vs Wake Forest
12/28 7:33am DB Armani Watts Undisclosed is "?" Friday vs Wake Forest
12/15 5:11am QB Jake Hubenak Shoulder is OUT Friday vs Wake Forest
12/10 2:49pm DL Zaycoven Henderson Disciplinary is out indefinitely
09/04 6:08pm DB Donovan Wilson Foot out indefinitely
08/26 8:07am LB Dwaine Thomas Transferred out for season
08/24 3:45am DB Nick Harvey Knee out indefinitely
Wake Forest
Date Pos Player Injury Status Statistics
12/27 6:08am RB Cade Carney Lower Body is upgraded to probable Friday vs Texas A&M
10/30 2:30am WR Greg Dortch Abdominal is out for season
08/25 1:04pm DB Traveon Redd Elbow out indefinitely

Back