CFB Week 11

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Coming off my worst week of the season. Went 4-6 last week, 2.35 units to the bad. First time below .500 for a weekend...but bottom line, that makes it 4 straight weeks of creeping backwards. Not happy about that, to say the least.
Not to sound like a damned tout, justifying losses, lol...but some of the results were simply unlucky. The FSU 1st half looked to be in great shape, then comes a late INT (on a strange play) when the half could've been run out...or even had the lead increased. Also missed the FSU team total by the dreaded 1/2 point...the kind where you get to replay all the missed opportunities over the course of a game in your head later that night. Last thing that comes to mind was the backdoor in the final minutes to fuck up my teaser of Arizona to the under...when avoiding the backdoor was the intention of the teaser in the first place. Just saying...had a fair share of bad luck sting me a bit last weekend.
Anyhow, moving on to the new card/new week...hoping to get things back on track, and in the black...and, as always, will update this 1st post as I make plays during the week.

Tues. 11/5 & Weds. 11/6
Buffalo(+6) to BG(-13.5) to BallSt(-10.5) for .55 to win .50 W
CMU (+21.5) @ -110 for 1/2 W
Thursday 11/7
Baylor(-9) to Oregon(-4) for 1 to win 1 L
(live) Oregon (+4) @ -110 for 1/2 L
Friday 11/8
Louisville (-27.5) @ -110 for 1/2 L
Saturday 11/9
Arizona St (-7) @ +100 for 1
Missouri(-6.5) to OleMiss(-10) for 1.1 to win 1
UCLA (+2) @ -110 for 1
Auburn TT over 31 @ -110 for 3/4
SDST/SJST over 56 @ -110 for 3/4

Alabama TT over 33.5 @ -110 for 3/4
KSt/Texas Tech over 59.5 @ -110 for 3/4
CSU(+3.5) to UW(-16) to USC(-5) to USU(-2.5) for 1.05 to win 1
ECU/USC/A&M/UCF/Alabama ML parlay for 1 to win 1.05

Week #1: 11-5, +5.835
Week #2: 5-1, +4.450
Week #3: 9-5, +2.675
Week #4: 7-7, -0.075
Week #5: 6-6, +0.650
Week #6: 6-3-1, +3.600
Week #7: 5-5, -0.400
Week #8: 7-7, -0.900
Week #9: 6-6, -0.490
Week #10: 4-6, -2.350
YTD: 66-51-1, +12.995

Good luck this weekend!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
first play, to get things going, just for some action...

Tues. 11/5 & Weds. 11/6
Buffalo(+6) to BG(-13.5) to BallSt(-10.5) for .55 to win .50

My Tuesday/Wednesday "Killer B's of the MAC" teaser, lol, for shits & giggles.
Like I said, it's just for action to get me to Thursday. All my PR #s are updated, and the lines are basically right in order with where I've got them. I made Buffalo a 4 pt home fav, Bowling Green a 22.5 pt road fav, and Ball St a 19 pt home fav.

:wacky:

here are some leans based solely upon my PR #s. (obviously, this isn't an all-inclusive list. just some of the games where my line varies from the current spread.)

for thurs...

Stanford (Ducks should be 5 pt favs here. Don't think I'll go against them though.)
Baylor

for saturday...

Missouri
Wake Forest (Only made FSU a 28 pt fav.)
Ole Miss
Tulane
Syracuse
Arizona St (This I will definitely play. Wanna get below 7 though.)
Alabama (Made them a 16 pt fav, but even 11 is a lot to lay here.)
Utah St

I've got some non-PR-driven leans as well. But what's listed above is simply the majority of games where my #s differ by 3 or more points from the spread. (Well, 2.5 pts in Baylor's case...but I like them to roll here.)

:shake:

the Top 25 according to my PR #s...

[TABLE="width: 192"]
<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
[TD]116.81[/TD]
[TD]Alabama
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]116.57[/TD]
[TD]Oregon
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]114.94[/TD]
[TD]Florida State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]114.75[/TD]
[TD]Baylor
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]111.15[/TD]
[TD]Ohio State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]109.09[/TD]
[TD]Arizona State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]107.48[/TD]
[TD]Stanford
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]106.32[/TD]
[TD]Wisconsin
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]105.82[/TD]
[TD]Clemson
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]105.52[/TD]
[TD]Texas A&M
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]105.24[/TD]
[TD]LSU
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]104.78[/TD]
[TD]South Carolina
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]104.38[/TD]
[TD]Oklahoma State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]103.38[/TD]
[TD]Missouri
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]103.11[/TD]
[TD]Louisville
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]102.26[/TD]
[TD]BYU
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]101.98[/TD]
[TD]USC
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]101.92[/TD]
[TD]Georgia
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]101.87[/TD]
[TD]Michigan State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]101.73[/TD]
[TD]Texas
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]101.40[/TD]
[TD]Oklahoma
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]101.23[/TD]
[TD]Mississippi
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]100.81[/TD]
[TD]Washington
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]100.75[/TD]
[TD]Auburn
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]100.21[/TD]
[TD]UCLA
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

these are all the teams above 100 as well by my PR #s. and if this were a poll, i'd be ok with the way the top five shake out.

anyhow, lol, you can tell it's not biased simply by the way the Pac-12 teams look. arizona state's too high, imo, as demonstrated by the stanford loss/game. and there's no way in hell i'd have usc over ucla if it was up to me, versus being strictly up to the numbers/etc. but hey, it's not a perfect science. ;)

and the Bottom 10 according to my PR #s...

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
[TD]65.81[/TD]
[TD]UTEP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]65.69
[/TD]
[TD]WesternMichigan
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]63.50[/TD]
[TD]Massachusetts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]62.44[/TD]
[TD]Miami-OH[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]61.65[/TD]
[TD]Eastern Michigan [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]61.60[/TD]
[TD]FIU[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]60.86[/TD]
[TD]So Mississippi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]60.50[/TD]
[TD]Idaho [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]59.61
[/TD]
[TD]NewMexicoState
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]54.73[/TD]
[TD]Georgia State[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

these are all the teams below 70 in my PR #s, fwiw.

anyhow, the bottom doesn't change a lot week to week like the top does...nor should it, if you think about it.

well, that's enough for tonight. more to come though, including my plays.

really looking forward to thursday night though. gonna be a great evening of football.
the next 5 games, starting with the sooners, are gonna be really tough for baylor. gonna be interesting to see what they can do over those 5 weeks. as for this week though, really feel they embarrass oklahoma with a big win.
then there's the oregon/stanford game. the top 2 teams in the 2nd best conference, with some major revenge in play. should be epic!

:dancing:

here are some leans based solely upon my PR #s. (obviously, this isn't an all-inclusive list. just some of the games where my line varies from the current spread.)

for thurs...

Stanford (Ducks should be 5 pt favs here. Don't think I'll go against them though.)
Baylor

for saturday...

Missouri
Wake Forest (Only made FSU a 28 pt fav.)
Ole Miss
Tulane
Syracuse
Arizona St (This I will definitely play. Wanna get below 7 though.)
Alabama (Made them a 16 pt fav, but even 11 is a lot to lay here.)
Utah St

I've got some non-PR-driven leans as well. But what's listed above is simply the majority of games where my #s differ by 3 or more points from the spread. (Well, 2.5 pts in Baylor's case...but I like them to roll here.)

Agree on most leans sofar. Agree wit both Thursday leans, an on Saturday wake, ole piss, asu, bama. GL this week john, don't let 1 down week hold u back, ur still up almost 13 units.

and the Bottom 10 according to my PR #s...

<tbody>[TR]
[TD]65.81
[/TD]
[TD]UTEP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]65.69
[/TD]
[TD]WesternMichigan
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]63.50
[/TD]
[TD]Massachusetts
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]62.44
[/TD]
[TD]Miami-OH
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]61.65
[/TD]
[TD]Eastern Michigan
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]61.60
[/TD]
[TD]FIU
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]60.86
[/TD]
[TD]So Mississippi
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]60.50
[/TD]
[TD]Idaho
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]59.61
[/TD]
[TD]NewMexicoState
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]54.73
[/TD]
[TD]Georgia State
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

these are all the teams below 70 in my PR #s, fwiw.

anyhow, the bottom doesn't change a lot week to week like the top does...nor should it, if you think about it.

Look at utep !!! King of the Nerds !

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R5ypfs0aBdc" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Cap is out for Wske. Their offensive everything.

thanks, man. :shake:
just a PR # driven lean...but despite wake's offensive issues, i still kinda like the spot. tremendous letdown spot for FSU, with nothing important on deck until Florida.
can see them getting out to a huge halftime lead, then cruising with backups. wouldn't be the first time the backdoor was in play with them.

Thanks for the write up

not much of one, but you're welcome. :cheers:

BOL this week brother. Any thoughts on Ucla @ Arz?

made 3 more plays earlier today. i'll post them in a while. but the only saturday play so far was ASU.

will get into this game later. but my PR #s make Arizona a 1.5 hm fav, whether i agree or not. last 2 years have been absolute blowouts by the home team. this year will be much closer, that's for sure.

Agree on most leans sofar. Agree wit both Thursday leans, an on Saturday wake, ole piss, asu, bama. GL this week john, don't let 1 down week hold u back, ur still up almost 13 units.

thanks, mike...and no way. disappointed, for sure...but won't be held back by that.

:rofl:

hey...i may be spongebob squarepants here...but does the SJST/SDST over 55 look pretty sweet or what? i've got the game reaching the 70s. any thoughts?

additions from earlier today...

Baylor(-9) to Oregon(-4) for 1 to win 1
Louisville (-27.5) @ -110 for 1/2
Arizona St (-7) @ +100 for 1

Ended up teasing the 2 big Thursday nite games together. And if the lines come down some, I will probably play both sides against the spread. Made Baylor a 16.5 pt hm fav, and have said before that I think they will roll the Sooners. Also said that the Ducks should only be a 5 pt rd fav, according to my PR #s...but with revenge in mind, I think they win by double digits and cover. Stanford will battle, and it should be a great game...but the Cardinal just don't have the offensive weapons to keep up with Oregon this year. Hogan hasn't been as good as expected yet, and a big part of that is simply the lack of playmakers...like at tight end. (Can't continue to get most of their 'big plays' from special teams.) Anyhow, see this as tight for a half...heavyweights trading punches...with the Ducks really separating from Stanford in the 2nd half. Just too much firepower on that side of the field for a team that couldn't move the ball very well in Utah.

Louisville is my shits & giggles action for Friday night. They should steamroll a bad UConn team, if remotely interested in style points &/or their bowl standing.

And ASU is my first play for the weekend. Was hoping to find a 6.5 somewhere...but when it started to climb back to a flat 7 pts this evening @ another offshore, I jumped aboard. Will get into this game more later if needed. And I know Utah has played much better at home in certain spots. Just don't think it'll happen here, for a few reasons.
Arizona St is very balanced between the run and pass. Oregon St and even USC showed that the Utes can be thrown on fairly easily. Kelly's going to give that defense fits, and have more success than Hundley had for UCLA in Utah a while back.
Utah's offense was garbage at USC, with Wilson's hand issues. I know ASU's played some soft teams of late, but check how they handled Sankey/UW. Their rush defense is much improved...it's kinda not the same squad that Wisky and Stanford pounded early in the year.
Anyhow, the offense is clicking...the defense is improving...so just see an ASU win in Utah, with a score similar to either of the last 2 years. And since we're speaking of ASU...they luck out by not facing Oregon this season. It's a challenging home stretch of games, but no one in front of them is elite...so running the table is a distinct possibility...where they'd face Oregon after all...unless UCLA rocks that boat. :)

BOL this week brother. Any thoughts on Ucla @ Arz?

btw...i won't be on arizona, in case that wasn't clear.

everyone's down on UCLA after the L3 games, but that's short-sighted imo. remember washington after facing Stanford/Oregon in B2B games. UCLA was in that same spot last week, so of course had a 'downer' kinda game for them vs Colorado. to be expected, tbh...as their energy needs to be on the home stretch...the final four games against Arizona, Washington, ASU, and USC. the Bruins are in for some real battles. but so long as they're healthy this weekend, they are the better team...regardless of home field.

arizona can run, and will pound Carey let again. but UCLA's front 7, especially their linebacking core, will be ready...and as up to the challenge as anyone they've faced to date.

anyhow, to keep it short for now...if UCLA's situation at tackle improves just a bit, and the RB situation is survivable, they will win this game. arizona doesn't have the defense to keep UCLA down, like stanford did. and despite BJ Denker's improvements, UCLA's got a much better pass defense than Colorado/California...their L2 opponents...so it's a step up for the cats, who haven't had to face an elite team like the Bruins have (twice).

bottom line...this game will look more like the Washington/Arizona game than the Arizona/Utah game, if that makes sense. gotta love the big HC advantage too.

hey...i may be spongebob squarepants here...but does the SJST/SDST over 55 look pretty sweet or what? i've got the game reaching the 70s. any thoughts?

bump regarding this total. fools gold? or chicken dinner?

vegas opener was 60, or 60.5 pts...don't remember exactly...then was bet down immediately to 55 where it sits.

btw...i won't be on arizona, in case that wasn't clear.

everyone's down on UCLA after the L3 games, but that's short-sighted imo. remember washington after facing Stanford/Oregon in B2B games. UCLA was in that same spot last week, so of course had a 'downer' kinda game for them vs Colorado. to be expected, tbh...as their energy needs to be on the home stretch...the final four games against Arizona, Washington, ASU, and USC. the Bruins are in for some real battles. but so long as they're healthy this weekend, they are the better team...regardless of home field.

arizona can run, and will pound Carey let again. but UCLA's front 7, especially their linebacking core, will be ready...and as up to the challenge as anyone they've faced to date.

anyhow, to keep it short for now...if UCLA's situation at tackle improves just a bit, and the RB situation is survivable, they will win this game. arizona doesn't have the defense to keep UCLA down, like stanford did. and despite BJ Denker's improvements, UCLA's got a much better pass defense than Colorado/California...their L2 opponents...so it's a step up for the cats, who haven't had to face an elite team like the Bruins have (twice).

bottom line...this game will look more like the Washington/Arizona game than the Arizona/Utah game, if that makes sense. gotta love the big HC advantage too.

small addition for tonight...

CMU (+21.5) @ -110 for 1/2

on top of my little 'shits & giggles' MAC teaser to begin the week, i'm looking for a middle here...although, i guess it can be looked at as kind of a hedge too. worst case, i juice out 5 bucks. best case, with everything between an 11 & 21 pt win by ball st in play, i win both small plays...which is obviously the goal.

both buffalo and blowing green rolled last night. ball st's gonna win this game, setting up the showdown against N Illy next week. but by how much?
cmu's been improving...they should be able to run the ball...and they stayed w/in 21 pts of northern illinois in their last game, back on 10/19.
both teams are rested. but the thing here is that ball st's got that trip to N Illy a week from today. that's the game that matters, so can easily see this being closer than expected...especially if/when the foot gets taken off the gas late in the game.

anyhow, 37-20 sounds about right to me.

You're a weeknight behemoth, Yanks ... pulling the 3-teamer and the middle w Central Mich ... BOOM! Keep it up.

Gl with shits n gigs..buy a bidet.

You're a weeknight behemoth, Yanks ... pulling the 3-teamer and the middle w Central Mich ... BOOM! Keep it up.

lol...yeah, it worked out. both little plays won, even if it was lucky.
on the scoreboard, cmu won the 2nd half. but tbh, i don't know what testy state was doing...as they coulda been up by more, eliminating that backdoor.

i'll take it though, hehe. :thumbsup2:

as for tonight...damn...the lines aren't coming down. that baylor/oregon teaser might be it for the nite. baylor's up to 16/16.5, and the duck's are holding steady at 10/10.5 over stanford.
just no value to play either side right now, so might have to wait for some in-game action.

things that make me happy...
UCLA is now the dog in Arizona. Keep it coming...up to a flat 3, if you please.

things that make me sad...
ASU came down to 6.5 in Utah. Misread that little bump in the action, dammit.

bump regarding this total. fools gold? or chicken dinner?

vegas opener was 60, or 60.5 pts...don't remember exactly...then was bet down immediately to 55 where it sits.

bueller...bueller...bueller...

this is beginning to climb. might have to jump on it soon.

speaking of totals...and going against the history of a matchup...does anyone like aubbie/tenny over 55?
tenny's giving up a lot per game, so auburn shouldn't have trouble scoring. conversely, tenny will have success running the ball on that auburn defense, so will contribute more than their fair share.
whatchya think???

live, in-game addition...

Oregon (+4) @ -110 for 1/2

also posted in the in-game thread. played at commercial break after falling behind 14-0, thanks to a bullshit PI call to negate the INT.

Duck Soup :puking:

they should be ashamed after twice in two years.
simply dominated in the trenches, out-coached 90% of the game, and completely mind-fucked as a result.

shoulda stuck w/ my PR #s (and stanford). they have the overwhelming talent...but shame on me for thinking they had the balls to truly mix it up, and seek revenge.

more additions...

Missouri(-6.5) to OleMiss(-10) for 1.1 to win 1
UCLA (+2) @ -110 for 1
Auburn TT over 31 @ -110 for 3/4
SDST/SJST over 56 @ -110 for 3/4

more to come...

all these additions where mentioned elsewhere as leans in the thread. will come back to UCLA though. don't get me wrong, i understand all the plays on arizona this week...who went from a small home dog to a small home fav. i understand the tout plays on arizona as well, not to mention the reverse line movement.
all i've got to say to all of that though is "thank you." :hello:

wtf has arizona done this year? and why are you so down on UCLA all of a sudden?
those are the questions i'll begin with, and answer, when i come back.
:boxing:

most of us are already bothered by the subjectivity of certain calls that are made by refs in a given game...whether we're talking pass interference, targeting, etc.

but my new pet peeve is definitely with receivers. sure they run fast, get separation, and look good/talented doing so. but gotdamned if somewhere between 1/4 & 1/3 of these kids around college football don't even have a decent set of hands. wtf is up with that?
and i'm not talking about alligator arm situations. i'm talking about watching WRs drop basic catches time and time again w/out being lined up for a hit. damn near every game i watch, a solid percentage of these kids can't fuckin' catch a cold. lookin' down field or something?

bottom line though...if the QB hits you directly in the hands with the pass, please catch the fuckin' ball. those things at the ends of your arms...that's what they're for...and why you put those pretty little gloves on today.

last bunch of additions...

Alabama TT over 33.5 @ -110 for 3/4
KSt/Texas Tech over 59.5 @ -110 for 3/4
CSU(+3.5) to UW(-16) to USC(-5) to USU(-2.5) for 1.05 to win 1
ECU/USC/A&M/UCF/Alabama ML parlay for 1 to win 1.05

When texting back & forth about football Thurs nite, Hunt turned me onto this Bama team total. And I think both KSt and TT reach the 30s (or beyond) tomorrow.

Big teaser of Colorado St, Washington, USC, and Utah St...combining 2 Pac-12 games with 2 Mountain West match ups.

And lastly, a ML parlay of a bunch of teams I really liked tomorrow.

2-3 heading into the weekend...after Oregon shit the bed for the 2nd straight year, and Louisville got moosed by a late score. :(

Need a big Saturday to turn things around. :thumbsup:

i've been sucking lately, around 50%, so don't listen to me. there are much smarter people on arizona tomorrow. but that said, here's why i'm on ucla...

- they're simply the better team. they're better coached...and all over the field, with the exception of running back, they have the better collection of players...by position, by unit, or whatever.
- speaking of Carey...he's flat out awesome. not the same teams, so i don't expect a complete duplication of things, but how do you think Carey did in last year's 66-10 beat down? 54 yards on 16 carries. of course he'll do better than that this year, and at home...but it won't be enough to match a well-balanced Bruin team...who will be focused on stopping him. btw, these Bruin linebackers are pretty awesome too.
- speaking of focus...what about Denker? Scott, last year, was twice the QB Denker will ever be...but that's a tangent. BJ sucks...pun intended. Seriously though, he doesn't have a good arm...and he's not a good QB. Sure, he has improved...but that's relatively speaking...and the only reason he has had a bit of success is twofold...Carey pounding the ball...and the fact that secondary's cheat too much, trying to make the highlight reel with a pick six against his weak arm. the Bruins secondary will hopefully be more disciplined than that.

anyhow, i'm being quick as it's not worth the full write-up, but i don't expect this game to be too different than the Bruins trip to Nebraska earlier in the year. (where the same touts moved that line against me too.) ;)

UCLA (+2) @ -110 for 1

will come back to UCLA though. don't get me wrong, i understand all the plays on arizona this week...who went from a small home dog to a small home fav. i understand the tout plays on arizona as well, not to mention the reverse line movement.
all i've got to say to all of that though is "thank you." :hello:

wtf has arizona done this year? and why are you so down on UCLA all of a sudden?
those are the questions i'll begin with, and answer, when i come back.
:boxing:

so wtf has arizona done this year? thanks to one of my favorite RBs in the game, Carey, they are 6-2. but they've only played 3 good teams to date...a loss to washington, a loss to usc, and a close win over utah. i say close because that was a 4 pt lead, with a lucky late TD tacked on at the end...on a 40+ yd run by Carey to get me the lucky cover, btw...which is why i remember that. besides, utah was in a major letdown spot after upsetting stanford the week before at home. anyhow, they've had a pretty easy schedule to date...not having faced any elite teams. and with their last two games against Cal and Colorado...the very bottom of the Pac-12...it's no wonder they look so improved lately, setting up a seemingly attractive spot at home this week. so we'll look past the fact that they only beat Cal by 5 pts last week, barely outgaining them in the game. sure thing...

so why is everyone so down on UCLA? did you forget what playing Stanford & Oregon in back to back games did to Washington the following week? of course the Bruins were gonna have a letdown &/or be somewhat off their game the following week vs colorado. they didn't cover, but it was still a comfortable 22 pt win in a major sandwich spot. UCLA's got a very tough final four games, so that was a week to try to get (or at least stay) as healthy as possible. (btw, washington looked pretty good again two weeks after that stanford/oregon B2B mess...when they got their legs back under them.)
but let's look at UCLA some more. like arizona, they're also 6-2. they've played 2 good teams so far, beating both Nebraska and Utah on the road. (something stanford couldn't do, btw.) and they've also played 2 elite teams so far, losing on the road to both stanford and oregon. no shame there...but for some reason, it seems people aren't keeping that in perspective here.
so let's be honest...for almost 3 full quarters, UCLA was every bit as good as Oregon was on the field, before running out of gas late. do you think Arizona would've been capable of that? hell, no...not w/out the help of stanford's o-line, at least.
and what about the bruins against stanford? after seeing how that defense shut down oregon for over 3 quarters, it kinda makes the Bruins struggles on offense more understandable in that game. but even so, that stanford game was still a coin flip. it took the catch of the year for stanford to get their first TD. and after the Bruins got the deficit down to 17-10, it took Goforth dropping/missing a damn near gimme pick six to keep the game from being tied at 17. but even so, it was a 17-10 game...then stanford tacked on a meaningless late TD, just like arizona did against utah, when the game/outcome was already decided.
anyhow, i know i'm jumping around...but my main point is that UCLA played two very tough road games against two very elite teams, in back to back weeks no less, and competed extremely well in both match ups...yet they are "dinged" in many eyes due to the results. after watching stanford upset oregon the other night, i'm curious...does hindsight change some of that for you? inquiring minds wanna know.

seriously...there's no reason to be down on UCLA. they weren't one of the elite Pac-12 teams, like Oregon and Stanford, to begin with. but like ASU or UW, for example, they are in the next tier...a good, solid team...and (so far) they've proved that all year long.
conversely, as of today, Arizona hasn't proven much of anything...well, other than that they can beat the bottom of the Pac-12...or Utah, in a major letdown situation.

Carey is a beast. But UCLA's got the much better QB, the much better HC, & the much better defense. I may turn out wrong...it happens...too often for my tastes, lol...but I can't see UCLA losing in the trenches either...which would mean that they win this game, probably comfortably...despite not having James tomorrow.

My 2 cents... :shake:

My thoughts exactly on UCLA. Gopd stuff Yanks. I also think Mora and Co may have a recipe to slowing down Rich Rod's offense. BOL, I am on the Bruins as well

GL today yanks. Agree with you completely about the Bruins and my money is on them as well as my largest play of the day. Hope we cash it bro.

nice thoughts on ucla, sir

My thoughts exactly on UCLA. Gopd stuff Yanks. I also think Mora and Co may have a recipe to slowing down Rich Rod's offense. BOL, I am on the Bruins as well

GL today yanks. Agree with you completely about the Bruins and my money is on them as well as my largest play of the day. Hope we cash it bro.

Go Bruins, BOL brother :shake:

good job bro,,,really nailed ucla..jack is just ridic.

Glad UCLA won...and glad Arizona turned the ball over. :shake:
The refs tried their best to keep Zona in the game...as did Mora with that fake punt BS so early in the contest, deep in their own zone. (Woulda worked too had the dude not freaked out with the wide open target.) Also, that would-be INT turned into a PI-induced 1st down...and eventually a zona TD...was one of the worst fucking calls of the year.
The Bruins defense played well though, except for Barr for some reason. Disappointed with Hundley, and a couple of the receivers, in the 2nd half though. They kinda sucked late offensively...Hundley was way too indecisive, and too many WRs dropped routine catches...but they were bailed out by a terrific (surprising) performance from Jack as a RB.
The fake punt was a brain fart...but Mora out-coached Rich Rod simply with that new package, including the defensive players.

Anyhow, it should've been easier...but despite the sloppiness, the Bruins got it done. Next up, Washington. :)

2-3 heading into the weekend...after Oregon shit the bed for the 2nd straight year, and Louisville got moosed by a late score. :(

Need a big Saturday to turn things around. :thumbsup:

Now that's the way a Saturday in November is supposed to go, lol. :clapping:

7-1-1 today. My ASU play lost. Their defense played as I expected, but I sure didn't foresee Utah limiting Kelly and the ASU offense like that. Also, thanks to Ole Miss, my Mizzou/Ole Piss teaser pushed.
Anyhow, 9-4-1 on the week...just under 4 units to the good. Much needed.

updated record...

Week #1: 11-5, +5.835
Week #2: 5-1, +4.450
Week #3: 9-5, +2.675
Week #4: 7-7, -0.075
Week #5: 6-6, +0.650
Week #6: 6-3-1, +3.600
Week #7: 5-5, -0.400
Week #8: 7-7, -0.900
Week #9: 6-6, -0.490
Week #10: 4-6, -2.350
Week #11: 9-4-1, +3.950
YTD: 75-55-2, +16.945

got the kids little league/winter ball game in the morning, so probably won't get to the lines until Sunday evening or Monday. we'll see how it goes.

only 3.5 weeks left in the season...then we go bowling! :dancing:

Back