CFB Playoff Rankings Discussion...

I don't even think BYU themselves wants to see them get stomped 63-7 by Alabama.

You just gotta be realistic.

BYU is fun and all, but, they're not on the same level as the Bama's and Clemson's of college football. Simply, it is what it is.

I disagree, those kids would love a chance and they would compete every bit as much the other sec teams bama laying waste to. I think BYU could give every team not named bama a game.

I wanna say BYU average size up front on both lines is over 300lbs, they have a qb who inarguably gonna be playing on sundays, and I’m assuming they older and more experienced!! I just don’t know what makes you think they couldn’t compete with the big boys this year? Again bama is light years ahead of not just them but everyone!

I also think only one team per conference should ever be in a playoff or national title game. Why should a team that already lost to another team in the playoff have a second chance? And why not use the conference title games as a prequalifier and prerequisite for playoff eligibility? That makes way more sense to me than saying...well this team is the second best team in their division or the second best team in their conference but we are going to allow them to compete for the national title. Makes no sense to me.
Because it gives Oklahoma such a huge advantage over everyone else,

I missed this @M.W. but I'm seeing it in some other places.

What did the ACC do last week to 'move the goalposts' for Notre Dame and Clemson?

Obviously I hadn’t watched a ton of the byu games vs crap teams, Is their play calling always as horrific as it was vs coastal or was that a outlier? 4th and 1 and they run a double pass trick play?!?? After attempting a different double pass on 2nd and short!!! Not like they were averaging 10 yards a rush at that moment! Oh wait, they were! Then all the really stupid qb designed runs in big spots! Have a rb who gashing them and a qb who thought of as a 1st round prospect for his throwing ability and they run with him several times in a row trying to get a 1st down?!?!! Just freaking awful!! Ton of drops too, between those and the way they let coastal Gash them in run game that game didn’t look anything like i suspected. Lol

I missed this @M.W. but I'm seeing it in some other places.

What did the ACC do last week to 'move the goalposts' for Notre Dame and Clemson?
Nothing for Clemson, since Clemson already had an open date on 12/12. Canceled ND's game that was scheduled for 12/12, so Clemson, Notre Dame, and Miami (the three contenders for a spot in the ACCCG as of that time) would have an equal number (nine) of conference game).

Last edited:
Obviously I hadn’t watched a ton of the byu games vs crap teams, Is their play calling always as horrific as it was vs coastal or was that a outlier? 4th and 1 and they run a double pass trick play?!?? After attempting a different double pass on 2nd and short!!! Not like they were averaging 10 yards a rush at that moment! Oh wait, they were! Then all the really stupid qb designed runs in big spots! Have a rb who gashing them and a qb who thought of as a 1st round prospect for his throwing ability and they run with him several times in a row trying to get a 1st down?!?!! Just freaking awful!! Ton of drops too, between those and the way they let coastal Gash them in run game that game didn’t look anything like i suspected. Lol
Remember what happened in that UVA game v. ACU earlier this year?

UVA staff explained that the crazy trick play was next to victory formation on the play sheet.

Where did Mendenhall coach before he went to UVA? That's right -- BYU! Maybe it's just a BYU thing to have the QB sneak next to the double-reverse flea flicker!

A group of 5 team, Cincinnati isn't good enough to be ranked higher, yet a group of 5 is good enough to beat the team they just put ahead of Cincinnati (ULL beating ISU). Maybe Cincinnati should schedule West Virginia. Evidentially that win justifies a 2 spot jump.

Nevermind.

How the fuck is FLA ranked 7

how the fuck does Cinci drop when they don’t play, yet others rise?

This year exposes the farce even more

How the fuck is FLA ranked 7

how the fuck does Cinci drop when they don’t play, yet others rise?

This year exposes the farce even more

total sham Gators in top 10.

Cincy has still played more games than osu!! but that different cause bama or osu wouldn’t have to play a game ever and they both still get put in.

Damn, the BCS Likes aggies too. I’ve always thought we be better off with the BCS system for the 4 team playoff than committee. Better yet bcs ranks for a 8 team playoff!! I don’t have a problem with isu being ahead of cincy, even tho they took that week 1 loss to U LA LA. How they both playing right now id favor isu, their defense has been very stout, toss up between purdy and ridder, isu has the best rb. They certainly close. As twink brought up where the committee has Gators a freaking joke.

I just heard cowherd with his goofy opinion on how recruiting ranks and number of projected draft picks is more important than the games. His take on this subject is asinine!

Damn, the BCS Likes aggies too. I’ve always thought we be better off with the BCS system for the 4 team playoff than committee. Better yet bcs ranks for a 8 team playoff!! I don’t have a problem with isu being ahead of cincy, even tho they took that week 1 loss to U LA LA. How they both playing right now id favor isu, their defense has been very stout, toss up between purdy and ridder, isu has the best rb. They certainly close. As twink brought up where the committee has Gators a freaking joke.

ok I’m not as sure I’m good with isu ranking now that I heard Joel Klatt. I def think recent play should trump something that happens week 1 (especially this year!) but he makes a good point about ull beating isu and coastal beating them. Hard to argue the winner of ull/coastal shouldn’t be ahead of isu isn’t it? Of course if isu beats sooners somehow that will get more credit than the ull/coastal winner would get while in reality isu beating sooners again should actually boost one those teams even more! Lest we forget the sun belt kicked the big12 asses! When arky state a middling sun belt team beat ksu they were still at full strength and looking like one the better big12 teams!

who they gonna play?
Looks like A&M as of right now...as it is slotted as the highest ranked non conf champ not in playoff....If A&M loses this week, could be Georgia as they will leapfrog UF after Saturday...Also, if OSU loses, they could be in play as well. Either way, primetime first tier marquee bowl game against a big time opponent for the first time in about 70 years....crazy

Looks like A&M as of right now...as it is slotted as the highest ranked non conf champ not in playoff....If A&M loses this week, could be Georgia as they will leapfrog UF after Saturday...Also, if OSU loses, they could be in play as well. Either way, primetime first tier marquee bowl game against a big time opponent for the first time in about 70 years....crazy

awesome! Id love to see them expose the Aggies!! How much the unc offense will be returning next year?

awesome! Id love to see them expose the Aggies!! How much the unc offense will be returning next year?
Between our returning guys and our #12 ranked class, we are gonna be stacked on both sides, but OL is the wildcard, so hopefully some of the younger guys step up. Crazy that we will have Drake Maye learning behind Sam next year, and I am not even including Jacoby... fun stuff!

Being on Tulsa and OU this week, I hope ISU and Cincy go join BYU in the corner after this weekend haha

agree with tulsa but ive told myself to swear off games where teams Havnt been playing much the past month!! Think I like the under more than a side. The problem for me is I’ll feel pretty confident in what cincy will score, mid 20s feels right! Im having a much tougher time trying to figure out what tulsa gonna score as their offense is sporadic at best!

As me and s-k were discussing in Tahoe’s thread I think tulsa offense has a better chance of scoring than army did vs cincy, Bearcats d way to good for option attacks!! Tulsa could easily be coming into this game undefeated! They had okie lite backed into a corner and just couldn’t come up with a play! Had they won that game and this was a undefeated matchup I truly believe this line much lower as perception would be much different.

The 4 common opponents cincy had a 91-45 margin edge because Cincy blew out Ecu and smu. Smu had already lost their best wr before playing either. Tulsa did hold ucf a touchdown less but Tulsa gave up more yards. Cincy held smu to 11 less and again significantly less yards! Last 5 games cincy power taking is #3 on team rankings!! Damn. Tulsa #40? That a huge disparity!

ok that all the time im spending here cause as mentioned im staying away from sides when we have teams that Havnt been playin much as think it impossible to predict rust and effort in these spots! I should leave alone altogether but the under has a lot of appeal. 45.5 when I’m fairly confident cincy in the mid 20s and while I’m not sure bout tulsa output I do think 20 would be a amazing achievement for them!! Want to say tulsa gonna struggle to to get 17, so that leaves needing cincy held to 28 or less, incredibly likely imo!! Against ranked teams these 2 have combined to be 5-0 to the under! These teams defenses ypp, ypc, and yards per pass are elite!! And both sport excellent red zone defenses., under 45.5 for me.

Between our returning guys and our #12 ranked class, we are gonna be stacked on both sides, but OL is the wildcard, so hopefully some of the younger guys step up. Crazy that we will have Drake Maye learning behind Sam next year, and I am not even including Jacoby... fun stuff!

awesome. Mac brown showing Texas as idiots! Lol. Oline I think the easiest position to overachieve as you can coach them up and get lessor parts to excel as a whole! Glad to see it, not exactly a unc fan but liking the acc im all for more teams getting better!! If they can get ND to join they will become a big time player in best conf discussion!!

awesome. Mac brown showing Texas as idiots! Lol. Oline I think the easiest position to overachieve as you can coach them up and get lessor parts to excel as a whole! Glad to see it, not exactly a unc fan but liking the acc im all for more teams getting better!! If they can get ND to join they will become a big time player in best conf discussion!!
Yeah...OL has some work to do in the offseason though as Sam wasn't given enough time against decent D-Lines, leading to a lot of rushed passes and some unnecessary sacks (he needs to work on throwing it away also)

Yeah...OL has some work to do in the offseason though as Sam wasn't given enough time against decent D-Lines, leading to a lot of rushed passes and some unnecessary sacks (he needs to work on throwing it away also)

their run blocking must be pretty solid. I know those backs amazing but can’t do it on their own!! They were opening massive holes vs canes! You gotta get excellent run blocking to have a back go for over 300!!! That and a defense who made a business decision early in that game after being punched in mouth!! Thst game shocked me! Lol

their run blocking must be pretty solid. I know those backs amazing but can’t do it on their own!! They were opening massive holes vs canes! You gotta get excellent run blocking to have a back go for over 300!!! That and a defense who made a business decision early in that game after being punched in mouth!! Thst game shocked me! Lol
It looked like they struggled when having to maintain blocks but were solid with the initial blocking to open up holes on run plays as our backs didn't need much to turn a 3 yarder into a 13 yarder as they were great after contact and also when it comes to forward momentum when being tackled.

It looked like they struggled when having to maintain blocks but were solid with the initial blocking to open up holes on run plays as our backs didn't need much to turn a 3 yarder into a 13 yarder as they were great after contact and also when it comes to forward momentum when being tackled.

I saw several where they ran thru holes and never got touched!!

Back