CFB ML dogs week 8

Tulane @ SMU - SMU has Willis. Tulane has an opposing QB in Willis. Tulane also has played a pretty good half of football occasionally this year. SMU.........not so much. I'm not really trying to say the line is wrong (how do you make that sort of bold statement?), but both of these teams are the ass end of the short bus this year, and at 2:1, I'll play Tulane all day long...it's there right now, but I somehow doubt that'll be high on anyone's priority list for games, so I'm going to wait and see where the lines go on this one...but Tulane is a very likely play this week.

I was just going to ask your thoughts here...I think Tulane is a great spot this week. SMU cannot stop anyone...49% Opp 3rd down conversion rate w/ it actually going up to 57% @ home. Also think Temple is a solid play. Temple has a decent Opp 3rd down conv rate at 35%. Miami-O is lopsided on this angle too. Locked in both Tulane and Temple @ +225

:cheers:

I'm pretty pissed about the shit odds being offered for ND on Saturday. But at least I can play the spread...

Notre Dame +18 (-111)

Rutgers - no play. no value = no play. Maybe dr bob will give me value, but I won't hold my breath.

Memphis - my anti memphis bigotry stops me from playing this one, but rice as a fave is still a joke. Course...memphis as a road fave is a joke too...

Miss St - no play

Washington - not fading the ducks. There might be value at 4:1, but I think Oregon is too likely to win.

Tulsa - They don't play enough defense to consider playing without at least a dollar overtop. need 2:1, and there's no chance I get it.

Stanford - 380 is the best number now. And that sucks...still, I think I'll get more.

UAB - 400 and rising. I'm being patient here...matador suggested this might be a dr bob play, and if it is I'll quite a bit better than this...

Illinois - 120, 115, 125...and Hart has a high ankle sprain. Still not sure what I want to do with this one...

Idaho - 285, 300...it's gone down. I still want to know about Chase Holbrook before I touch it...but anyway, Idaho has won the last 3 straight up. Figure that out...

Dr Bob value plays...

San Jose St +450

Garf has a good analysis on this one...good value, I think. Really, the talent level isn't that big, and I really do think SJSU has at least a 30% chance at winning this one.

Stanford +425

that'll do.

Thanks to that rat-fink FUCK Dr Bob, Illinois is no longer under consideration.....however, thanks to the generosity of that rat-fink FUCK Dr Bob, Michigan is.

I am not surprised by the play on Troy by Dr Bob.......thing is...at 21.5 or so, I gotta give fading troy st some thought..........I don't like that, mind you, but I gotta give it some thought.

why the hell did that rat-fink FUCK not take Houston...?

they could all get smoked. It isn't a matter of who will definitely win. It's a matter of risk versus reward, and I think there's value in them all.

UAB +411.6

that's what 420 works out to on MB after the commission.

:down2:

still. I think that's a good play, and the line is inching down...

still waiting on Cincinnati and ECU.

Cinci has been going down........for some reason people must be betting Pitt. ...not sure why against this defense.

shrug

this thread made me change my mind and violate my rule. I swear some people just don't feel like doing any research. Louisville should get some points...but they won't be able to stop UCONN's run game.

at all.

I think it's better than 50% likely that UCONN wins this.

Connecticut +138.18

MB makes for irritating recordkeeping.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nice start to the week, Red... with you on uconn. agreed - it'll be tough to slow that two headed monster at tailback and the offense has shown a nice balance (164 ground; 211 air). ville struggled with the versatile qb in Johnson when the utes rolled into town and Lorenzen has proven to be a threat with his legs. And what's not to like bout that huskie D? i'll have no prob taking the nationally televised home doggie with ya. gl this weekend

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

only thing I don't like about this huskie D is the level of competition they've had.

but the huskie O should see a D right on par with the level of competition they've had...you know..temple..akron, duke...Louisville...same damn thing.

;)

and if anyone's interested in the newest info on the wanna-be felon who tried breaking into my house....

The sheriff investigator just came by with some news.

The vandal's name is Brandon Anderson, and he was released into his mother's custody. Joy. Had I been home on Saturday morning, I might well have blown away a kid. I suggested to the cop to impress upon him how profoundly dangerous it is to be attempting to break in to someone's home...especially around here where just about everyone owns at least a rifle for hunting. With the stick to my fence down at my neighbor's house, the investigator said that's probably enough probable cause to arrest and charge the boy. So that's something. The investigator left with the lamp and the flower pot we had out there that I'm pretty sure young Mr Anderson ripped down. With some luck, young Mr Anderson's fingerprints will be on one or both.

His grandmother apparently lives off of Long Hollow rd...which is within a drunken stagger's (a long drunken stagger) walking distance to my house. Looks like the boy apparently just wandered up here while drunk and high. Idiot. Aimlessly beating in peoples' doors is a good way to get himself shot around here.

kyrie eleison. I'm really glad I wasn't here when it happened. Nothing good could have come from that altercation.

yea we'll see if they're a fraud tonight...

and rain increases our chances, one would think

I dunno about rain helping or hindering either side. I do know that I love having this team as a dog to one of the worst Louisville defenses in recent history.

'an_horse'

Let's win this one, Grind.

Cincinnati -9 (-110)

not sure why folks are betting Pitt....but I'm seeing a few more 9.5s now, and I want to get this before it goes back up.

red - I don't think my boys have beaten the Lobos in nearly a decade.

In other words...it's more like a 5% chance.

Red, nice call on UConn last night. I had the other side, the sucker side, LOL. I'm now 0-2 on road faves this week.

Good luck today, buddy.

red - I don't think my boys have beaten the Lobos in nearly a decade.

In other words...it's more like a 5% chance.

ew...that's worse than I thought...was probly a no play anyway, but that certainly seals it.

Macdamn, it'll turn around for you, bro.

GL today.

you know, I said I would just through Auburn out, but goddamn...this is just too much to ignore.

Auburn +425

it's at Bookmaker, and the best offer on MB is 400...and that's BEFORE commission...

These games are usually low scoring brutal affairs. 13-10...17-13...7-3......that sort of shit. Wouldn't shock me to see that again, and I think there's enough chance of a tossup in the 4th Q that I think i have to play this at 4 and a quarter...

Absolutely great call on Stanford redbearde... I did not see that upset coming and even considered laying the points with Zona early in the week. Will be visiting your week 9 thread to see who the live dogs are in the world of Yosemite REdbearde Sam.

thanks guys...if this keeps up I'll have a better record in ML dogs than I do in spreads...

Plays
Temple +230 - W
Miami +215 - W
Utah +150 - W
Kentucky +240 - L
Texas Tech +150 - L
Tulane +210 - W
Stanford +425 - W
San Jose St +450 - L
UAB +411.6 - L
Connecticut +138.18 - W
Idaho +300 - L
Auburn +425 - L

6-6 for 50% +7.68 units this week, and I wish to holy FUCK he would have challenged that spot when the refs gave LSU the first down there at about the 30. No guarantee they don't win anyway, but damn....what a game to have over 4:1 with.

Back