CFB ML Dogs Week 3

I've actually been planning on waiting until just before gametime so it continues to rise.....and then taking the under. There has GOT to be value eventually...

Red---

Florida State: The trip distance, the altitude, and their injuries (specifically TE) are what could make this a close game. Otherwise, FSU lost to a good Clemson team, on foreign turf, with a new offensive system that had lots of individual errors EVERY play...and after all of those mistakes, they still are almost 2-0. Instead, they learned the hard way. I think they're growing up and learning a lot, and quickly gaining confidence. Coach Andrews is back. RB, Antone Smith is back, though he's not supposed to get as many carries...his back ups are talented. The team did practice indoors, due to weather, one day this week. I think that hurt them a lot during the Clemson week...they were not very physical. Perhaps they need an true indoor facility with all the rain they get in Tallahassee. Hope this helps with your decision on the game. I don't know too much about Colorado, besides what I've seen on ESPN.

Has the line been going up on this game?

Has the line been going up on this game?

My goodness, no. according to BAR, Florida St opened at -7, I think it's been as low as -3.5 offshore, and it's at -4.5 at MB and 5dimes right now...

I'm thinking this is a no play for me...was considering the low chalk on FSU...especially if I could get -3. That would rock.

Alas...

TCU @ Air Force - No.

I still can't get over this f*cking game! It wasn't even a big play...just the way it all went down. Who woulda thought? I guess we all overlooked the fact that it's a conference game, and that TCU was coming off a tough loss/4th quarter beating at the hands of Texas.

Am I the only one who likes the CU ML? Granted, I'd love to see it higher than 170, but FSU's run defense looked shit to me against Clemson and Alabama-Birmingham, and I know CU can run the ball a little.

FSU's tailback also got his head concussed last week against UAB, and I don't know what they've got for depth in the backfield. Finally, FSU has 3 sacks in 2 games. My big worry with CU is the freshman quarterback, but if they're able to give him time he's got the tools to move the ball.

I see this as a field goal either way at the end. I wouldn't invest a ton in it, but if I have too many beers tonight and get in the mood to play some ML's I'll probably get on it.

GL with that, Cup. I'm not keen on fading that Florida St defense quite yet...especially not for less than 2:1...and really, I would want more than +200 on that game.

Not saying you're wrong, but some of this is disconcerting:

COLORADO -
Safety Lionel Harris (9/12, ankle) is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State.
Defensive end Jason Brace (9/12, ankle) is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State.
Wide receiver Bernard Jackson (9/11, academics) is out indefinitely.
Running back Hugh Charles (9/11, strained hamstring) is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State.
Defensive tackle Christopher Perri (8/3, three-game suspension) will be eligible to return on 9/22 against Miami-Ohio.
Linebacker Michael Sipili (8/3, disciplinary) will be eligible to return on 9/22 against Miami-Ohio.

of course you're right...some of this is disconcerting, too.

FLORIDA STATE -
Running back Antone Smith (9/11, concussion) is probable for Saturday's game against Colorado.
Fullback Sean Compton (9/10, right hamstring) is doubtful for Saturday's game against Colorado.
Fullback Matt Dunham (9/10, left ankle) is doubtful for Saturday's game against Colorado.
Running back Russell Ball (9/10, left shoulder) is doubtful for Saturday's game against Colorado.
Tight end Jonathan Hannah (8/31, academics) will miss the entire season.
Safety Mister Alexander (9/7, torn ACL) will miss the remainder of the season.
Defensive end Kevin McNeil (9/10, academically ineligible) is suspended indefinitely.
Wide receiver Joslin Shaw (9/10, academically ineligible) is suspended indefinitely.
Fullback Joe Surratt (9/1, broken right fibula) is out indefinitely.
Guard Dumaka Atkins (9/10, left knee) is questionable for Saturday's game against Colorado.

Red, I'm loving that under in the FL-Tennessee game too.
Historically they play low scoring games like you said, also FL has some injuries already on offense. Caldwell out for the season and Harvin listed as probable with tendinitis in his achilles, which you've got too think slows him down at least a little.

Yeah, I'm honestly looking at maybe ONE team barely breaking 20...

something like Florida 21-17....at worst. But I haven't had the nuts to play it yet...

I did finally get around to betting:

LSU/MTSU Under 58.5

thanks VK. we'll see how it goes. I'd like to play some more ML dogs, but I just can't find any more I'm keen on. Good thing I layed off Air Force and Troy, right..?

GL to you too, man.

East Carolina pk +114

I'm not considering this a ML even though that's what I'm playing it as. I'm thinking of it as a pick em. Here's what I'm seeing.

Against Tennessee Martin, the golden eagles rushed for 310 yards, and the QB Young passed for 11/25 for 115 yards and a TD. Against TN, they didn't rush quite so well. SURPRISE! 32 rushing attempts for 90 yards at 2.8 ypc.
Passing, S. Miss QB managed 19/36 for 254 yards, 1 TD & 1 INT.

Young certainly did better passing, but I rather doubt TN showed a helluva lot the week before the Florida game...

And a big item I like here is that ECU kept UNC to 69 yards rushing on 1.9 ypc on 33 rush attempts. I think that happens again, and I think ECU has some remarkable speed to hold the S. Miss passing attack in check.....perhaps even as well as Tennessee Martin did.....

:shake:

Tennessee @ Florida Under 54.5 (-101)

Both RJ and Macdamn discuss this game pretty well. I'm honestly thinking we won't see these teams go much into the 20s...if they get there at all. I'm thinking 21-14 or 17 Florida.

lol yah was at the ULM game i didn't know mcgee could throw the ball ever since fran started coaching him. He finally had a game where he had more passing then rushing yards

okay.

My Plays.

MLs:
Notre Dame +300 - L
Florida Atlantic +335 - W
UL Monroe +2650 - L
New Mexico +360 - W

Spreads:
Cincinnati -8.5 - W
Sparty -8.5 - L
UNC -3 (+101) - L
Vandy -5 (-105) - W
UL Monroe +24 - L
Iowa -17 - L
Eastern Michigan +14.5 - W
Texas Tech -27.5 (-120) - W
MTSU @ LSU Under 58.5 - W
ECU pk +114 - L
Tennessee @ Florida Under 54.5 (-101) - L
BYU -6.5 (-107) - L

MLs:
2-2 +4.95 units

where were ya, UL Monroe...?:36_11_6:

Spreads:
5-7, down about 2 units

so it was a positive day. Thanks be to Willie Tuitama for his excellent fumbling abilities.

:smiley_acbe:

Back