CFB coach of the year... opinions?

bk shouldnt be rewarded for underachueving the year before though .... we all knew irish were good before the year started. Same cannot be said for psu

discussed this with a few off-line... very interesting discussion IMO..

My top two don't have any games left which is very odd:

May be missing someone, chime in.

here is my list:

1- Bill Obrien---- ( i really think he should win it)
2- Urban Myer---- hate the t but what an outstanding job
3- bill snyder---- one mis-step or he would be landslide... big misstep however
4- brian Kelley---

Last place-- Kirk ferentz..

thread will prolly get messed up as first 10-15 posts seem to disappear.. uggghhhh

I agree with you. Bill O'Brien would get my vote.

There are so many coaches this year that deserve consideration, but here are my Top 5:

1. Bill O'Brien
2. Kevin Sumlin
3. Bill Snyder
4. Brian Kelly
5. Hugh Freeze

Others that deserve to be in the conversation are David Shaw, Jim Mora, Will Muschamp & Nick Saban & Urban Meyer.

I think all awards should be given out after all the bowl games are played. If Notre Dame can by some miracle beat Alabama in the national championship game, then I would change my vote to Brian Kelly. If Kelly can even keep it close, I'd be inclined to bump him up at least one spot, if not two.

Tee - rare complete disagreement here. Not only was the Big 10 down (and that's being nice) PSU beat NO ONE! Yes, there were decommits, etc but they did not win one single, what I call "recruit game"...a game that will win those 4+5 star recruits (OSU, Nebraska, etc). Those are the games that he needed to win seeing the next few years are going to be a debacle. I can't imagine a 4 star recruit considering other major schools being impressed that they beat Purdue, Iowa, etc.

I like

Sumlin, Freeze, and Franklin in the SEC
O'Brien in the B1G
Briles and Snyder in the Big 12
MacIntyre and Andersen in the WAC
Brian Kelly at Notre Dame

Those guys in the WAC are really doing some good stuff under the radar, and if you want a couple of easy bowl winners you might look at San Jose and Utah State.

Back