Carolinablue Week 9 Plays and Discussion

Just went through my records this year and this is how my year to date on the Sunbelt shakes out.

Overall Sun Belt Record YTD --> 6-2

Totals 1-0
MTSU Over in Week 2

Home Favs 4-0
Troy -12.5 in Week 5, ULL -6 in Week 6, Troy -16.5 in Week 8, and ULM -12 in Week 8

Road Favs 1-2
Won FAU -5.5 in Week 4
Lost UCF and Arkie State, both as -2.5 favs in Week 6

Both road favs fell below my 3.5 or greater number, as for whatever reason I am 11-2-1 on road favs of 3.5 or greater, but once I get below that number, the percentage drops off dramatically.

I am on Troy this week of course, and yes I have them at 3.5.
My other Sunbelt play is FAU -5.5 as a home fav.

Wow, it's really interesting to go through and analyze my record to date, as like I said, I am 11-2-1 on road favs of exactly 3.5 or greater, but yet, I am only 2-6 on road favs of 3 or less. I guess that correlates to the fact that I should focus on road teams that are supposed to win vs those where the game is a toss up, since HFA ends up being the difference in those close ones usually. A lot more digging to do into this one, but just found it interesting and thought I would share, since I highly recommend everyone go through and find their strengths in terms of situations, conferences, teams, etc. Off to dinner with the in-laws, be back later tonight....

Almost forgot, my 5dimes withdrawal came via fedex on Wednesday morning, so it took 2-3 business days to process and ship, not bad at all.

$30.00 was the charge by the way, definitely worth it in my opinion, because it comes out to less than a fraction of a percentage when you are withdrawing decent sized amounts.

Also have SE Missouri State +21 as a "fun play" over at 5dimes, to add to my ever increasing 1-AA card there (now up to 4 games, and yet the plays still don't add up to a single unit...frustrating to say the least...wish they would make the max limits at least 500 geez)

CB---Hey man wanted to see if I could get your thoughts on south florida -4.5. You seem to be good on those road favs.

Thanks

CB---Hey man wanted to see if I could get your thoughts on south florida -4.5. You seem to be good on those road favs.

Thanks

This one is a toss up in my opinion as UConn just seems to find a way to stay in every game, especially at home, so I would hate to have to depend on them losing by 5 or more to get the cover. I see this one being a FG game either way and I would not be surprised if UConn gets the SU win as their HFA will be huge tomorrow afternoon. Definitely a no play for me, but I know a ton of guys who are on USF pretty large, based on the fact that from talent standpoint they definitely have the better talent, coupled with the fact that they want to prove that they are indeed for real. All that adds up to too many intangibles for my tastes.

Best of luck this weekend!

Good start for you with Central Mich.:smiley_abcs:

Interesting movement on that Kansas game. Now back down to 2.5

Thanks tee dub. Watched the Delaware game this afternoon, and it was a great offensive showcase by both teams, with the Blue Hens getting the SU win in a high powered shootout. Nice way to start the day with CMU covering and 2 out of my 3 1-AA plays coming in fairly easily this afternoon (Missouri State up 63-7 in the 4th, so I feel ok calling that one a win haha)

WMU and FAU should be interesting 2H games as both teams are in dogfights vs their opponents, but I expect both to take care of business in the 2H as both EMU and ULM should begin to fade as their games move into the crucial minutes down the stretch.

Tough going in the pre-evening games as WMU got completely outplayed in the 2H by EMU and ULM is doing the same to FAU.

I am puzzled? How does a team score 9 points in 1 overtime period, i thought the maximum was 8? Although, since it's the sunbelt anything can happen, lol.

FG - It was 3OTs. The teams split FGs the first two. In the last one, FAU only got a FG and ULM won it with a TD. The box scores are wrong as many are only showing 2OTs.

Dominating performances by TROY and KANSAS tonight to wrap up another profitable weekend as I ended week 9 with a 3-2 record +0.6 units on 1-A, and 3-1 +0.376 units on 1-AA.

WINS
KANSAS
CMU
TROY
MISSOURI STATE
JACKSON STATE
DELAWARE

LOSSES
WMU
FAU
SE MISSOURI STATE

Now some may say how could a 19-11 win by KU be a dominating performance, but if you watched the game, you know exactly what I mean, as KU clearly was the better team tonight in every facet of the game. I know many of the board were against em tonight due to either the fraud theory or the A&M HFA, or the trap theory or whatever, but at the end of the day, no one can argue that this win was a fluke, as KU took it to A&M from start to finish.

Troy demonstrated that they are the best team in the Sun Belt (sorry Rex, but gotta disagree with your MTSU nod on this one), and I think they are on a mission this year, and that mission will be capped off when they beat MTSU at the end of the season.

Note: I won't count the 3-1 in 1-AA towards my record, since those were plays for only fractions of a unit as noted previously.

Year to Date 39-27 (59.1%) +8.416 units
Sunbelt Record 7-3 (70%)

Last edited:
Well, sad to say that I will miss my first Sunday opening lines discussion of the year tomorrow, as I am flying to Charlotte, NC tomorrow in preparation for an interview on Monday, and I won't have access to my computer at all. I won't be back till Wednesday night, so needless to say Week 10 will be a weird one for me, and as a result, I might just take it off, not sure yet. Best of luck to everyone on the degenerate midnight special by the way. I am gonna catch the ASU game and then call it a night as I head to the airport at 830am tomorrow.

Congrats... Hit KU hard also. Interesting team and one I will follow closely the next few weeks..

Good Luck on the interview, just make sure you're back by Wednesday.

Congrats on the fine job today.

:tiphat:

Good Luck on the interview, just make sure you're back by Wednesday.

Congrats on the fine job today.

:tiphat:

You are the one I should be thanking, because your 1-AA run has been insane. You will soon achieve legendary status in those ranks if you keep it up haha. Since I won't be back till Wednesday evening, maybe I should just tail your 1-AA plays next week since I won't have time to research the big boys.

Thanks guys for the posts, I will let ya know how it goes when I get back. Needless to say it would be cool to get a job out near my old stomping grounds, not to mention the fact that Charlotte is such a great city in a number of different ways.

Carolinablue editorial...If anyone out there has not checked out hoops' thread week after week throughout the year, you are definitely missing something special. Definitely make sure you read hoops' thread next week, as he is on one of those magical runs most only dream of. With the great information and discussion he puts out there each week, everyone in this forum should be checking out the thread if for no other reason that to check out the insight and great contributions from a number of different guys that are contained throughout the thread. He definitely knows his stuff, so give him a read, it will definitely be worth your time!

i have just too busy getting back on track in football been reading my blueribbon though to get ready we will kill again this year i am sure CB small favs in conf play no matter what the ranking is!

Back