Carolinablue Week 8 Plays

Hey, CB--

If you're out there, how about ULL now that the line is 3. I know you wanted Arky +6 but would you take the fav in this game?

Haven't been around the last couple days so haven't had time to check and see what the status of Mike D is for this one. If the line is still 3 that tells me he is still uncertain, as I would expect it to jump back up a point or so if he is a definite go tomorrow. Will look around and see what I can find out from the local reports later tonight.

Gonna pass on the ULL play as MD is still listed as questionable for Saturday, so even if he does play, don't wanna chance him getting banged up early, and ULL having to go with the inexperienced RS FR backup in this huge game. Also, ULL is really banged up on the defensive side of the ball, especially at the LB position, so Leonard may be able to engineer some solid drives in this one. I know ULL has said they are really gonna focus on ramping on the defense in this game, so I expect a few different schemes from Bustle to try and slow down the Red Wolves rushing attack, but just don't see enough value in this line to make it a play.

Tempted to take the Longhorns as the line is now down to 4, but just gonna sit back and enjoy this one instead of adding it to the card.

All done for Week 8, just 5 plays, so we'll see how things shake out this week.

UNC -5 (can get it at 4 now at the greek, misread on my part)
Akron -2.5 (now up to 4.5)
UConn PK (now at 1)
NT/ULM O65.5 (now at 66)
WSU TT O6.5 (juiced up to 135 now at the greek)

CB,

Thanks for your reply. When you didn't respond I thought I might have offended which was never my intention. I admire your disipline and always being prepared and able to get the opening line. Because I don't have any accounts where I can do this, I am looking forward to CBB where the games are played quicker. The disavantage of betting early is the late injury reports can bite you, but when you are getting the best number, in the long haul it will work out in your favor.

My interest in the FIU/Troy game is that I just lost on Fla Atl for the second week in a row. (I couldn't pass the play when the line went to 4 1/2 with pretty much the same team that beat Troy last year and sent them on their couch to watch the bowl games.) I knew that was a real tough HB game losing to Mid-Tenn and then rebounding the following week. (They really were pitiful in the second half playing not to lose.)

In the second half vs Troy, I was so disgusted I took Troy in the second half which is very foolish becasue I was very fortunate not to middle myself after the Troy QB and Ctr went down. So I had more than just a passing interest in Fla Atl. So your post was very interesting about the injury to Rusty Smith, etc. Now that this game with W Ken is out of the national spotlight, I think they will do much better this week. I like to give teams a third chance before I trash them and I might even make a small play on Fla Atl.

Now to the reason I am so high on FIU is that they were able to beat Toledo on the road after falling behind 13-0 and shuting them out in the 2nd half after they lost a very tough game at home vs USF. That was a very strong sign that they have something going are very improved. (It looks like the young new coach from Miami, Cristobal has mixed in some frosh with the experienced team he has returning.) After Toledo, instead of bouncing they rolled NT and then beat Mid-Tenn at home. They are improving each week.

In their 18-13 loss at Troy in 2005 as 9 1/2 pt dogs, they were stopped at the end of the game in scoring position. Now that is a long time ago, but there are 13 SR's on the FIU team that were in that game. That wasa much better Troy team and this is a much better FIU team! And I really like the way their veteran defense has played and getting +10 I am taking the plunge. I also look for this game to go under the total.

As I said before in my first post, I don't like to get too involved in case in case it should lose which is always possible. Need to check out a few more games and but will chat again with you. Thanks again for the welcome and may the ball bounce favorably for you this week. :shake:

Last edited:
feels good to fucked like that with akron fucking idiot ass muthafuckers we were so on the right side of this game to if not for tat fumble and defensive breakdown 2tds in 2 minutes

No clue what happened with Akron. Watching gamecast and couldn't believe we were gonna lost that one. All I see is a blocked FG attemp which didn't matter. Was actually happy Akron was gonna lose. Suddenly see they won???!!???!? Don't know wtf happened, penalty I guess. Oh well, a bad beat salvaged to a lucky ass win. Congrats, lol.

Back