Carolinablue Week 7 Plays and Discussion

Thanks guys, appreciate the votes. I will end the voting at midnight Friday and submit the play(s) Saturday morning, so it would be cool if everyone viewing the thread could drop in their vote so I can have some fun with this one, thanks!

Actually I like the Louisville pick as well. Think they could pull something out of their ass

My vote is on Missouri, Oklahoma is suspect to the short and intermediate routes which plays to Missouri's strength.

GL

New Mexico St. Even without Holbrook should be able to get points early and often. I think the loss of Holbrook is actually an advantage towards the Aggies. LaTech has a pretty decent secondary that could make it hard if Holbrook were to use the air the whole game. They have the type of secondary that could take the Aggies right out of the game with 1 interception. I think they will mix the pass and run a whole lot more then often, and will score 2 or 3 rushing TD's in this game. They wont score as much as usual, but I think 24 will be good enough to win this game outright. :shake:

As for Cyber Sunday, this will only make you money, and not cost you $50 to watch something that you can read about later that night. I remember when it used to be $30. Now it's $20 more, and is a lot less entertaining. :hairout:

I think i might be the only onelooking at your free play differently.
Instead of a long shot, i would go for a ml play on a team that you follow or like or a team that is getting points. possibly south carolina on the ML or mizzou getting points, if you win this week its free money, but its YOURS, then roll that into your regular plays, like i said i probably look at it differently but thats me. stick with whats working for you, take what you think is your strongest play, and lay the freebie on that. just my .02
bol in what ever you decide.

I think i might be the only onelooking at your free play differently.
Instead of a long shot, i would go for a ml play on a team that you follow or like or a team that is getting points. possibly south carolina on the ML or mizzou getting points, if you win this week its free money, but its YOURS, then roll that into your regular plays, like i said i probably look at it differently but thats me. stick with whats working for you, take what you think is your strongest play, and lay the freebie on that. just my .02
bol in what ever you decide.

Great perspective, I appreciate you taking the time to post it. That's why I threw the question out here to the board, since places like Pinny and the Greek don't do stuff like this, it is new to me, with this being my first year at 5dimes. My first thought was just to play it safe and collect my cash, while the other side of me said take a risk and do something you don't normally do, like play a ML dog for a higher ROI. Honestly, I haven't decided yet, as the other side of me says just put it on one of Hoopstar's 1-AA plays since he is money, and tailing him might be as close to free money as one can get. Still open to suggestions as it is kinda fun since it is really a no lose situation when I think about it.

My 5Dimes rollover requirement needs a litle more work and then I'll save it for a tennis parlay most likely. For football,
ML dog vote: Stanford and New Mexico State
FCS recommendations: Penn -8, Furman +8,, Dartmouth +16.5, and Missouri St +8.5
GL

For those of you who provided input into the whole free play saga, I really appreciate your help. Just a note that these plays will not count in my record since they are just "fun" plays for less than a small fraction of a unit each. Gotta admit though that it is fun to do the whole ML dog thing when you are playing with someone else's money. Too bad I don't have the grapefruits to do it on a weekly basis, and do it well like Redbeard, Gar, Matador, and so many others. Hats off to all you guys!

Here is the final list...
Temple +360
Stanford +205
ULL +310
Montana -9.5 (hoopstar special)

And these last 2, I just had to at least give it a shot haha...
Wazzou +925
Nevada +1460 (I know, I know, but what the heck, why not)

Best of luck today guys!

And that WSU ML play is the reason I will leave those ML dogs to the experts haha...

3-2 so far week 7 with WMU in a dogfight at NIU and AFA and the Total in El Paso still pending later tonight. Definitely would like a WMU comeback in the 2H so I can go into the late games up a few units.

4-2-1 so far this week with only the ECU/UTEP Over 64 still pending. Looks like that one will be the difference between a big night and a good night. Happy with my ML dog fun plays by the way as Temple stepped up in the 4th to help me cash that one for +360. Also gotta give props to hoopstar for giving me the final nudge on that Montana -9.5 fun play which also hit tonight. Let's hope we get a huge 1H in that game down in El Paso so I won't have to worry about staying up past midnight watching the yahoo scoreboard or espn scroll. Best of luck in the night games fellas!

5-2-1 on the week as ECU/UTEP is tied at 32, meaning my over 64 is a guaranteed win even though the 4th has just gotten underway.

WINS
AFA
RUTGERS

KANSAS
UTEP/ECU OVER
NAVY 2H OVER

LOSSES
NW/MINNY 1Q OVER
NW

I was really impressed by Kansas today by the way as I got a chance to watch a good portion of that game on FSC, and I have to say that they have something special going on down there in Lawrence and even though they are getting much respect, they are definitely for real. I know a lot of guys were scared off laying that many to Baylor, but man KU dominated every aspect of that game from start to finish. They probably could have put up 70 if they wanted. Very impressive.

Solid week this week as I am now up to 33-23 on the year for 58.9% winning percentage.

Kinda fun to hit that Temple ML at +360 as well, but not gonna count that in my record as that was just a "fun" play with the free money from 5dimes.

Looking forward to talking opening lines tomorrow as we get ready for week 8.

Back