Carolinablue Week 5 Confirmed Plays

CB- you are killing it again.. I haven't been commenting in your thread a lot but have been tracking your every move.. You are top notch bro..

I will be max play on Penn State with ya.:cheers:

Thanks teedub, always appreciate comments like that, as I like it when I am able to help others make some profit, as this is not a zero sum game by any means. I am not in competition with anyone on here as my only opponent in the book, period. At the end of the day, if we can all make some cash on here, that is what it is all about.

Many of my plays aren't popular this week, but I have never been one to ride the bandwagon anyway, so guess we will see what happens!

Best of luck this weekend!

I like both of those and i think i like one more in tulsa but 44.5 is just too much for me, if it were to drop down to 42 i would probally hit it (which it more than likely won't), but i will be watching.

I like PSU this weekend, hopefully it dosen't come down to having Morelli have to win the game.

If 5dimes would take off those low $100 max limits on the 1-AA plays, I would add Montana to the card as they are gonna roll Weber, but not worth my time at the low limit. Also like Poly as well, but again, gonna wait and see if they remove the limits by noon tomorrow. Of course by that time the line will have risen another 4 or 5 points haha.

CB Great bet on Houston, whether you win or lose. I wanted it at 10, but sayonara.
Good story on 5Dimes. I've used them for 4 years now and like them a lot.
Joining you on Penn St at 3 for the same reasons you state.
Might buy a hook and go Clemson GT a disappointment this year.
Finally, you got Rutgers -13.5, and I have Maryland + 17.5.
Maybe we both win.
Great year so far, keep it up.:cheers:

ADDED MONTANA -26 115 at 5 Dimes.

Well, 5dimes finally removed the low $100max play limits this morning, so I went ahead and locked in Montana as the final play on the card for week 5 as I have been eyeing this one all week, but couldn't do anything until 5dimes removed the limits.

Montana is the cream of the crop in Division 1-AA and they are facing a downright pathetic Weber State team in what should be an old fashioned woodshead type of beating in front of the homecoming crowd in Griz Stadium tonight.

Weber is in the middle of some major turmoil at the QB position, as they used 3 QBs last game and the coach has come right out and said that he had hoped they would have found their starting QB by now, but that just isn't the case so they will have to keep looking. This doesn't bode well for Weber State, as they had only 283yds of total offense last week against a Montana State team that is only ranked 59th in 1-AA when it comes to total defense. Now, what do you think Weber State will be able to do against Montana's #11 defense? Weber is only averaging 10ppg while allowing over 40ppg, and interestingly enough, Montana is the inverse as they have scored 40ppg while only giving up 10ppg.

For those stat lovers out there, the Griz are ranked 6th in total offense, 11th in rushing offense, 26th in passing offense, and 13th in turnover margin. The Wildcats on the other hand are 106th in total defense, 108th in rushing defense, 79th in passing defense, and 115th in turnover margin. They fumbled the ball 6 times last week, and have 10 fumbles so far this season, as their net turnover margin is almost -3 per game.

Weber only managed 41 net yards rushing against a Cal Poly team that is only ranked #73 in rushing defense, so again, how do you think they will fare against the #13 ranked rushing defense of the Griz?

I know the power rankings have this one at about 22-25, and I know the line opened around 22 or so, but I still think 26 is a solid line, as I expect this one to be in the 51-10 type of range tonight, as the homecoming fans will definitely be heading home happy after this one.

Best of luck today!

Here is an article from the Salt Lake Tribune sports section this morning on the Weber situation...

Weber State is struggling enough that the last thing it needs is a seven-hour bus ride to Missoula to take on the No. 1-ranked Montana Grizzlies in front of an anticipated crowd of 24,000, but that's what the Wildcats have to do.
It's a stiff challenge for WSU and coach Ron McBride, who sees UM as the Big Sky Conference's version of Southern Cal.
"They're very hard-nosed," McBride said. "They're very physical."
Yet, there is hope. The last time Montana (3-0) was ranked No. 1 - in 2004, prior to its third game of the season - the Grizzlies lost to Sam Houston State.
Right now, however, Weber State (0-3) faces a two-pronged problem.
The first, of course, is Montana, which leads the Big Sky in rushing and rushing defense (Weber State, by the way, is eighth in rushing offense and ninth in rush defense).
The second (and perhaps more pressing) problem resides behind center.
In an attempt to fix a passing attack that ranks last in the Big Sky, McBride is sitting sophomore transfer Jimmy Barnes for redshirt freshman Cameron Higgins. Barnes had two of five pass attempts intercepted and returned for touchdowns in a 21-5 loss to Montana State last week.

Weber State football: Wildcats struggle with QB quandary
<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Martin Renzhofer
The Salt Lake Tribune

<!--date-->Article Last Updated: 09/27/2007 02:06:41 AM MDT

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var requestedWidth = 0; </SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>OGDEN - Four games into the season, the quarterback position at Weber State, once thought to be the possession of strong-armed Jimmy Barnes, has become a work in progress.
Cameron Higgins will most likely get the start against No. 1-ranked Montana when the Wildcats (0-3) travel to Missoula on Saturday. The freshman from Hawaii, however, will last as long as the team progresses.
Junior college transfer Brendon Doyle is expected to be first off the WSU bench. Barnes, a sophomore transfer from Alabama, is listed third, the result of a poor performance in a 21-5 loss to Montana State.
"I don't want it to be, what I want to say is, 'This is my quarterback,' " Weber State coach Ron McBride said. "Barnes just needed a good start. The worst thing that could have happened, happened."
Barnes has completed just 34 percent of his passes for two touchdowns and three interceptions. Higgins is only 11-for-24 this season, but moved the ball during the second and third quarters for Weber State.
"I've been preparing for my opportunity, for my number to be called," Higgins said. "I was awestruck in the beginning. It was a TV game and I always wanted to play in one."
Eventually, though, Higgins stalled and Doyle played much of the fourth quarter

Most of my small school plays are done by reading the local papers and trying to find an edge that may not be on the radar screen of most. Hope this helps those of you who are interested in some of these under the radar type of games. Bull, Hoops, Kyle, Linde, and others have great threads on these types of games as well, so make sure you check those guys out also.

Back