Carolinablue Week 4 Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Ended up week 3 at 5-5 as I finished the day 4-1 after a rough start, and how did Alabama v Ole Miss somehow fail to go over after lighting it up in the first half, but that's the crazy part of this racket we all love so much. It was nice to see OSU take care of business in that crazy 3rd quarter against TCU and to watch Texas State almost blow my cover and ML in the last few minutes of the game, but thankfully they didn't lose both, but tough to see that profit slip through my fingers after they dominated most of the game, but hey it happens, so time to move on to Week 4.

Year to Date 19-15-1 +1.519 Units

Week 4 Plays (all plays to win 1 unit at BM)

12 noon games
  • Buffalo -3 110
  • Navy -6.5 115
  • Notre Dame -7 115
  • Boston College -6.5 110
2pm games
  • Western Michigan -6.5 110
3pm games
  • Ball State -3 115
6pm games
  • North Texas -13.5 119
7pm games
  • Louisiana Lafayette -2.5 110
  • Arkansas State -7.5 110
  • Troy -6.5 126
  • Texas Tech v Oklahoma State Over 77.5 115
  • Texas Tech Team Total Over 30.5 121
8pm games
  • USF v ECU Over 66.5 111
10:30pm games
  • Arizona State +17.5 110

Last edited:
FYI - Coastal will be staying in Jacksonville this week...

BUIES CREEK, N.C.
The road leads to Jacksonville, Fla., for the Coastal Carolina football team.
Following their 58-21 win at Campbell on Wednesday, the Chanticleers loaded onto several buses and headed to Jacksonville for an unspecified amount of time.
The 100-plus players, coaches, football staff, family members and even some pets will stay in hotel rooms while Hurricane Florence rages through the Grand Strand.
The Chants had to evacuate the campus Tuesday morning and won’t be able to return until the campus reopens, which could be several days. They hope the campus isn’t damaged.

Coastal’s next game is 7 p.m. next Saturday at Louisiana-Lafayette.

“If school’s open, we’ll come back home; if not we’ll stay in Jacksonville, Fla., and we’ll try to get ready for Louisiana down there,” Chants head coach Joe Moglia said.
The Chants have lined up practice locations, though they don’t have a practice schedule.
Those with the team couldn’t leave their pets behind, so there are a number of dogs making the trip that all are being transported on a single bus, away from people with dog allergies, including Moglia and sophomore defensive end Jeffrey Gunter.
“We’ve got the entire staff and their families with us,” Moglia said. “What I didn’t account for was the all the dogs. We’ve got plenty of dogs that made this trip, but at least everybody is safe.”

The team doesn’t know how long it will be on its impromptu field trip or how long the players will be around each other without a break.
“You just can’t look at the negative side of it,” grad student and quarterback Kilton Anderson said. “Yeah, we’re going to be seeing a lot of each other, and yeah, we’re going to want to pull each other’s hairs out. But we’re lucky enough to travel somewhere safely, and a lot of people and families don’t have that luxury.

“If we have to practice there, we have to practice there. It’s not going to slow us down. We have to continue to go win and perform at our highest level.”
The Chants will be playing a lot of video games, including Madden NFL and NBA 2K. “I’m the best 2K player on the team, by the way, let that be known,” Gunter said. “When it comes to Madden, we always get a little tournament going. Everyone’s got a gaming system. I know I’ve got mine in my bag.”
There will be some Fortnite competitions, as well, and Gunter said sophomore linebacker Silas Kelly might be the player to beat in that video game.
Gunter expects the trip to help the team continue to bond.

“We love each other,” he said. “Those are my guys. I’ll spend all day with them. Those are my best friends.”
Moglia also believes the team can use the trip as a learning experience.
“What I want them to do is appreciate the fact that while this may be very, very inconvenient, there’s a much bigger picture here,” Moglia said. “There is a potential regional disaster at risk, so what I want is for our guys to understand that and be appreciative enough that we’re safe.”

Hard to know if this situation will bring them together and make them play harder for each other, or wear them down.... hard to predict how people will respond in these situations.. i don't know much about their coaching staff.

Hard to know if this situation will bring them together and make them play harder for each other, or wear them down.... hard to predict how people will respond in these situations.. i don't know much about their coaching staff.

I am banking on the fact that the unfamiliar surroundings, unusual practice schedule and mental aspect of being away from family in the midst of some of the worst flooding we have had here in decades will result in a ULL cover. Definitely a difficult situation for these guys this week.

Was going to snag Vandy at open but at BM it has been stuck at 2.5, so hoping it floats back up to 3 or 3.5 as I would really like to get that half point without paying more than necessary. Will see what tomorrow holds...

Was waiting for these two totals to round out the card...didn't get em quite at open, but happy with my numbers as I think both hit in the 80s easy...

ECU v USF Over 66.5
TT v Ok State Over 77.5

Too good to be true???
  • Arizona State is 11-1 SU and 12-0 ATS in its last 12 games vs Washington.
  • Arizona State is 8-0 ATS in its last eight games on the road vs Washington.

Give me a couple thoughts on that Arky St play

Here are a few random thoughts stream of consciousness style...

UNLV is the #2 rushing team in the country but we have to remember who they have played to date. Arky State will be the most athletic and physical team they have played this season (yes, IMO that includes USC as I am not impressed with the Trojans) and UNLV will have to be successful throwing the ball if they are going to stay in this one, and I just don't think that will happen as they are at a 43.9% clip against a schedule that outside of USC, includes 2 of the worst teams in college football. One could argue that they had no reason to pass in those two wins, but you would think they would try to establish some sort of passing game early on in the season because things are only going to get tougher from here.

I know that Acosta is scheduled to return at center this week, but the LG is expected to be out with a knee injury, so the OL still won't be at full strength which should bode well for the aggressive ASU defense. I also like the fact that ASU has 16 TFL so far this season and won't be afraid to let their guys upfront get after it, again forcing UNLV to keep them honest with some semblance of a passing attack, but I just don't Armani is up to the challenge against that ASU defense.

Based on early results, UNLV could also be susceptible to big plays as they have allowed 17 runs of 12+ yards in the first 2 games this year and ASU has the offense that can add to that total as while they are a pass first offense, they should be able to get some solid gains on the ground once the defense focuses on the passing attack and leaves just 4 guys up front to defend the run. Also, it looks like the #3 CB will be out for UNLV, so that could open up some big play opportunities in the air for ASU.

Will be back later to add more if I get some time but hope this helps a bit...

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – While some schools forced to cancel games last weekend due to Hurricane Florence have already indicated their contests will not be rescheduled, North Carolina has not given up hope of adding a 12th game to its schedule following the cancelation of its matchup with No. 16 Central Florida last Saturday.
Nearly two dozen college football games were either postponed or rescheduled due to Florence, which has dumped record rainfall on the Carolinas and played a role in at least 32 deaths. “I think it would be good to have the 12th game,” UNC head coach Larry Fedora told reporters on Monday.

UNC’s bye week falls on Oct. 6, while UCF’s bye week is scheduled for Oct. 27. Due to a Thursday night game against Temple on Nov. 1, UCF announced it would be “unlikely” for the program to add a 12th game to its schedule. The Knights are expected to contend for a spot in the AAC title game on Dec. 1.
UNC, however, is not restricted to rescheduling UCF for its 12th game. Any team currently lacking 12 games on its schedule is available for consideration, provided the date can be worked out. “I know Bubba [Cunningham’s] in constant contact with other schools and we’re talking about that and trying to take advantage of any opportunities that are out there,” Fedora said.

Schools that had games canceled due to Florence include South Carolina, Marshall, Southern Miss, Appalachian State, Furman, Elon and William & Mary.

The Citadel’s game against Charleston Southern was rescheduled for Nov. 29 and is contingent upon neither team qualifying for the FCS playoffs. That approach is relevant as Dec. 1 may be a viable Saturday option for UNC if the Tar Heels fail to qualify for the ACC Championship Game in Charlotte that evening.

A potential downside for a 12th game is an extra round of suspensions for nine Tar Heels involved in NCAA secondary violations for selling team-issued Jordan Brand shoes in January. The players in question were given four-game suspensions, which were calculated by a NCAA-mandated penalty of 30 percent of games played, in August. Therefore, reducing the schedule to 11 games reduces the suspensions to three games instead of four.
The bulk of those penalties were expected to be completed this weekend against Pittsburgh. If UNC confirms a 12th game later in the season, the suspensions would resume immediately and the players in question would likely be forced to miss a second ACC game, according to Fedora. That dynamic is not a factor in UNC’s efforts to secure a sixth home game at Kenan Stadium this fall.

“We were prepared for our guys to sit four, so it’s not like that would be something extra for us,” Fedora said.

Finding a team that’s available and then addressing the litany of logistical concerns that come with scheduling a game last minute are the primary hurdles currently in place.

Appreciate the info on that Coastal situation. Makes me like ULL.
we are about 50-50 on your others, which is not bad for all but one favs against a dog lover. GL

Appreciate the info on that Coastal situation. Makes me like ULL.
we are about 50-50 on your others, which is not bad for all but one favs against a dog lover. GL

Should be a fun weekend as I think there are more than a few games that could end up being very entertaining even though the lineup may not seem that way at first glance.

T minus 2 weeks from tomorrow and I will be in Vegas. If any of you guys are in the area, shoot me a PM as I plan on doing some serious drinking while checking out some games at Lagasse's Stadium at The Palazzo sometime late afternoon/early evening on Saturday 10/6. Shots on me!

Texas Tech Team Total Over 30.5 121

Worst case, I see this one as a 35-45 game, but have it pegged as closer to 40-48, so definitely more value in the Texas Tech team total than the Okie State one.

Back