Carolinablue Week 4 CFB Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Solid 3-1 in Week 3, picking up +$167.77 in the new and not improved lower unit wager world of uncertainty that we now find ourselves in. Cincinnati and Clemson made me sweat a little more than I would have liked, but ultimately both took care of business and that's what counts. Texas State was fun to watch while USF was not, as I never had a chance with the Bulls, but again, Texas State was a pretty strong play from start to finish as they were clearly the better team in my opinion.

No rest for the weary, on to Week 4, where I ended up putting in my plays while at a Mexican restaurant drinking Pina Coladas with my lady. Saw them start popping up around 2:30pm, so figured why not get em in as they come up, but of course, my luck on guessing line moves ran out pretty quick as it looks like I am on the wrong side of a few already, but that's the chance you take when you roll like I do, so gotta take the good with the bad, as last week getting Cincy at 33.5 early definitely helped to say the least.

Week 4 Plays - all plays at the new smaller risk of $100 per play at BOL (lines ~2:30pm Sunday 9/20)

Mobile - FOOTBALL - 440 Arkansas State -1½ -110 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 446 Cincinnati -12½ -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 431 Iowa State -2½ -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 427 Texas -15½ -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 396 Miami Florida -10 -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 394 Florida Atlantic -5½ -110 for GAME
Football - 411 Alabama -27½ -115 for Game
Football - 321 Campbell +35½ -115 for Game

Last edited:
Arky State now 1 (not worried, as anything under 3 would have been a play)
Cincy now 12 (not worried, as I was hoping for anything under 14, so grabbed it at 12.5)
Texas now 17 (tried to get 14 at open but wouldn't let me submit so ended up with 15.5 115, not that I think it matters I was hoping for anything under 17)
Miami now 9.5 (thought for sure this one would go up so grabbed 10 when I saw it)

Decided to add Alabama given all the uncertainty with Mizzou and the fact that I expect this one to be around 30 by the end of the week. Didn't even notice it as I was looking over the board the first few runs this afternoon, so not sure what the line was 3 hours ago...I feel good about 27.5 as it is under the 4 TD number, and I can't imagine that it was under 24, so 24.5-27.5 is pretty much all the same to me in terms of a line, so figured I would grab it now as I think it will be over 28 by tonight, but we shall see.

Decided to add Alabama given all the uncertainty with Mizzou and the fact that I expect this one to be around 30 by the end of the week. Didn't even notice it as I was looking over the board the first few runs this afternoon, so not sure what the line was 3 hours ago...I feel good about 27.5 as it is under the 4 TD number, and I can't imagine that it was under 24, so 24.5-27.5 is pretty much all the same to me in terms of a line, so figured I would grab it now as I think it will be over 28 by tonight, but we shall see.

I believe I saw the line at -26 or -27 like 2 weeks ago at BOL......the bama kicking is always a concern last few years, but all college teams has their kicking issues too......somehow just bama sticks to my mind cause thier kicking cause me a few wins.....

I believe I saw the line at -26 or -27 like 2 weeks ago at BOL......the bama kicking is always a concern last few years, but all college teams has their kicking issues too......somehow just bama sticks to my mind cause thier kicking cause me a few wins.....

Yeah now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing it around 26.5 a few weeks back. Totally hear you about the kicking game, but my play is based more around the defense as I am not sure Missouri will be able to put up more than 10-13, while I am banking on Alabama being good for at least 42.

Adding Campbell +35.5 115. App could very well win this one 59-0, but they just seem off a bit this year, while the Camels have been pretty scrappy, especially in terms of scoring in the 4th quarter vs rolling over, so happy to get 5 TDs in this one as I figured it would be closer to 30 vs 35. I see this one something like 45-17.

Football - 321 Campbell +35½ -115 for Game

Biggest week to date with 8 plays on the card. Wouldn't you know it, this is the first weekend that I won't be home at all on Saturday as we are doing a whole family fall fun day, but of course the cell phone will be close at hand (for emergency purposes only of course haha).

Gl Any early thoughts on UNC and BC please?

At this point, it's tough to say given the time off as I am thinking we might start off slow but should take care of business in the end. Curious to see how BC does this week against a scrappy Texas State team, as it will definitely help our case if they win big going into our game. I wouldn't be surprised if our game is close early before we pull away in the 2nd half. Depending on how things go with BC this weekend, I might be interested in 13.5 or less if it is available. More to come early next week. Best of luck this weekend.

North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham was hopeful all along that fans would be allowed to attend games in October. His hunch was confirmed Tuesday when Gov. Roy Cooper announced that stadiums that hold more than 10,000 will be allowed to have attendance of 7% of its capacity beginning Oct. 2.

“We are hopeful that the number of people allowed in our stadiums will safely increase as Fall progresses,” Cunningham said in the statement. “We will be particularly excited to have parents and students back in our stands; they were certainly missed during our season-opener.”

The Tar Heels’ next home game is Oct. 10 against Virginia Tech. Cunningham is making plans to open things back up, albeit just for about 3,500 fans in a stadium that seats 50,500.

Last edited:
Carolina, I've got 1 leg left on a 13pt teaser. I usually use this prop for the NFL because of how tight the lines are, however Bama teased down to 14 is tempting. I just don't know enough about Missouri.

Carolina, I've got 1 leg left on a 13pt teaser. I usually use this prop for the NFL because of how tight the lines are, however Bama teased down to 14 is tempting. I just don't know enough about Missouri.

Sorry just now seeing this, so might be too late, but I don’t play the NFL, so Alabama definitely looks the most appealing along with probably Miami v FSU. Hope you finish it off.

Crazy start to the day with that 87 yard gift from Campbell then the skin of my teeth win with ISU and the no XP at the end after I almost got screwed by the miss earlier.

4-2 on the day as Alabama had no killer instinct while Miami did. Consider myself lucky seeing how the early games played out, so will take my 4-2 day coming off 3-1 last week, as I am starting to see things a little clearer as the season moves forward. No rest for the weary however, as Week 5 lines should be up in about 14 hours!

Back