Carolinablue Week 3 Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Week 2 Results 7-7-1 -0.89 Units
Year to Date 14-10-1 +3.196 Units

That darn drunken Savannah State play kept me from a profitable day, or maybe it was my Heels who played about as well as Savannah State did....ok, maybe a little worse.

Week 3 Plays
  • Hawaii +6.5 110
  • Hawaii v Army Over 62 110
  • Ball State +14.5 110
  • Miami -9.5 111
  • Texas State +11.5 120
  • Ohio State -11 115
  • Buffalo -3 115
  • CMU +13.5 116
  • Oklahoma -16.5 122
  • Ole Miss v Alabama Over 69.5 115
  • ODU -2 110 - Canceled due to weather
  • UCF -13.5 110 - Canceled due to weather
  • UNC v UCF Under 59 110 - Canceled due to weather
  • VT v ECU Under 50.5 110 - Canceled due to weather
  • NCSU v WVU Under 54.5 110 - Canceled due to weather

Small ML Dog Plays (Only 1/3 unit each...win or lose, will count in $ calculation obviously, but won't include them in record since each represents 1/3 of a play)
  • 09/15/2018 @ 12:00 PMCFB[109] Ball State +476
  • 09/15/2018 @ 03:30 PMCFB[157] Central Michigan +447
  • 09/15/2018 @ 07:00 PMCFB[185] Texas State +306

Last edited:
Was looking good when it was 0-28 at half getting 65

Then in typical Savannah St. fashion an explosion of points by their opponent

Fuck moving down to DII they should move down to NAIA

Always tough to see those BOL openers come through and not be able to jump on them but if my variance system works out, then missing out on a few points here and there hopefully shouldn't matter that much.

Have tickets for my son and I to the UCF game in Chapel Hill so will be keeping an eye on the weather this week as the potential hurricane could cause some serious issues depending on which way it ends up going.

Hurricane Florence continued to intensify Sunday when its maximum winds increased to 85 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Forecasters expect Florence to develop into a major hurricane by Monday and remain “an extremely dangerous major hurricane” through Thursday when it approaches South Carolina and North Carolina.

As of Sunday, forecasters expected Florence to spare Florida as it makes landfall in the Carolinas.
In South Carolina, the state’s governor declared a state of emergency Saturday to encourage residents to begin preparations.
North Carolina’s governor made a similar declaration on Friday.

I'm supposed to head down to Raleigh for the WVU game Saturday. Sounds like a possibility of a Sunday game. I'm just hoping the damn thing turns north.

Hurricane Florence continued to intensify Sunday when its maximum winds increased to 85 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Forecasters expect Florence to develop into a major hurricane by Monday and remain “an extremely dangerous major hurricane” through Thursday when it approaches South Carolina and North Carolina.

As of Sunday, forecasters expected Florence to spare Florida as it makes landfall in the Carolinas.
In South Carolina, the state’s governor declared a state of emergency Saturday to encourage residents to begin preparations.
North Carolina’s governor made a similar declaration on Friday.

Nice OSU grab....little surprised your Heels didn't score more vs. ECU....how much are the suspensions impacting this team? I'm not really sure who is suspended and if they are important pieces...

Nice OSU grab....little surprised your Heels didn't score more vs. ECU....how much are the suspensions impacting this team? I'm not really sure who is suspended and if they are important pieces...

The suspensions aren't the reason we are doing so poorly as there is no one out who would have had a big enough impact to change the trajectory that we are on right now as I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are more talented than ECU but unfortunately we are kiiling ourselves with decision making first and foremost in my opinion, both on the field and on the sidelines.

Weather update...

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — University of North Carolina Department of Athletics staff will be closely monitoring developments with Hurricane Florence and will make decisions about the September 15th home football game against Central Florida and other athletic events based on consultation with the appropriate state, local and campus authorities. Decisions will be based on the safety of the teams, officials, fans and others traveling to attend the game.

A series of meetings and conference calls are scheduled for Monday (Sept. 10) and each subsequent day leading up to the storm to discuss plans to deal with the storm and its effects.

Based on what the forecasts are saying right now, we could be getting 55-70 MPH winds this far inland, so things could get pretty serious in a hurry here in the Carolinas. As awesome as my son thinks it would be to be a part of a hurricane, If the storm keeps tracking the way it says, I will probably end up canceling my trip as it just wouldn't be worth the risk if this storm ends up being as bad as they are forecasting it to be. I have until Wednesday night to cancel the hotel without penalty so will definitely be keeping an eye on things over the next 48 hours.

Monday evening, AlertCarolina sent an email announcing UNC classes will be canceled from 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
"All students are strongly encouraged to leave the Chapel Hill area before the storm hits," the email read, although residence halls will remain open.
A further update regarding the dining halls and other campus services will be sent soon, the email said.

Just saw this letter to the Editor from a UNC alum (no, it wasn't me haha)

TO THE EDITOR:
I have never been a “bring on basketball” Tar Heel. I spent four of the best years of my life on the sideline with Carolina football as an athletic trainer. Yes, it was the last two years under Dick Crum and the first two years under Mack Brown — clearly, not the best four years of football at UNC under any stretch of the imagination.
However, it remains a transformative period in my life. Coach Crum treated me with respect and was supportive of me as a student-athlete and member of the Tar Heel football team.

Likewise, Coach Brown taught me invaluable life lessons about what hard work and staying positive amidst adversity look like.
I am also a coach’s son. I’ve been in the stands and on the sideline as my dad has been cursed and spit on. It is not fun.

I love football. I love Carolina Football!
With all that said — I can’t take it anymore. I sincerely thought that I would be talking about Coach Fedora in my 70s. About how many ACC Championships we had won. Clearly, this is not where we are. This makes me sad.

Someone out there that can make this happen, but I no longer believe that this person is Coach Fedora.
Don’t get me wrong, if there is football being played in Kenan Stadium I will be there, until the very end — I’m a 0:00 guy — singing the fight song!
I will NEVER boo. I will ALWAYS support.

But it is time for Fedora to leave.

Based on what the forecasts are saying right now, we could be getting 55-70 MPH winds this far inland, so things could get pretty serious in a hurry here in the Carolinas. As awesome as my son thinks it would be to be a part of a hurricane, If the storm keeps tracking the way it says, I will probably end up canceling my trip as it just wouldn't be worth the risk if this storm ends up being as bad as they are forecasting it to be. I have until Wednesday night to cancel the hotel without penalty so will definitely be keeping an eye on things over the next 48 hours.
Where do you normally stay in Chapel Hill on game weekends? I spent a couple days at the Carolina Inn last year for work, seems like it would be a good spot. I wish I could have caught a game while I was in town.

Good luck with the storm and stay safe.

TicketCenterHeader_01E.jpg

TicketCenterHeader_02E.jpg

The University of North Carolina’s football game scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15 against UCF will not be played due to Hurricane Florence. All tickets for the game that were purchased through Carolina Athletics will be automatically refunded. Ticketholders do not need to contact the UNC athletic ticket office or the Rams Club for a refund

Where do you normally stay in Chapel Hill on game weekends? I spent a couple days at the Carolina Inn last year for work, seems like it would be a good spot. I wish I could have caught a game while I was in town.

Good luck with the storm and stay safe.

We normally do The Franklin Hotel on West Franklin if there are rooms available as you can't beat the location plus it is a Hilton property and that is where I stay predominantly for business travel. Great rooms, fantastic staff and again the location can't be beat as you can walk to everything plus they have an actual lot on premises which makes things a breeze.

When that one isn't available our fall back is always the Chapel Hill University Inn which is not walking distance as it is off 15-501 but it has a cool sports bar plus the inside of the hotel is decorated with all sorts of UNC memorabilia and my son always calls it the "UNC hotel". When we stay there we either head to University Mall and catch the shuttle to the game or we just drive and park at the far West end of Franklin and pay like ten bucks to park there all day while we grab a bite, walk to Kenan and then hang out on campus after. If you ever head that way again, let me know and I will answer any questions you might have.

Reasoning for Ball State pls? :)

GL this week

Riley Neil plus James Gilbert = 2-0 for me and I am gonna keep riding them for as long as I can. Actually, if I get time later this week I hope to do some writeups but reality is with the storm approaching I might not have time as there are some folks around here I might need to take care of.

Just canceled my hotel no charge and will get full refund on tickets. Hoping for the best as far as the storm goes as it really helps put things in perspective.

Hurricane Florence Update (as of Tuesday, 3:15pm)

UPDATED, Tuesday, 3:15pm
With Hurricane Florence continuing to track towards the southeast coast, the following 49ers athletic events have been adjusted as of 3:15 p.m. Tuesday.

CANCELED:

Volleyball at N.C. Central, Tuesday
Women's Tennis at College of Charleston (Fri.-Sun.)
Men's Tennis at Liberty (Fri.-Sun.) and at Duke (Fri.-Sun.)
Cross Country at NC State, Friday

TRAVEL PLANS ALTERED:
Volleyball departing for USF Invitational in Tampa, Fla. on Wednesday, September 12.
Men's Golf will travel to Louisville on Wednesday for competition Sept. 14-16

CURRENTLY ON SCHEDULE:
(Subject to change dependent on weather and travel conditions)
Men's Soccer vs. FAU at home, Friday at 7:00 pm
Football vs. Old Dominion at home, Saturday at 6:00 pm
Women's Soccer vs. Rice at home, Sunday at 1:00 pm

Stay tuned to Charlotte49ers.com and @Charlotte49ers on twitter for more updates. We are actively monitoring the status of Hurricane Florence and are assessing its potential impact on all athletic contests home and away.

We have communicated with our colleagues at Old Dominion University in regard to Saturday's scheduled football game, and will remain in close contact with them.

The health and safety of student-athletes, staff, and fans is our highest priority. Stay tuned to Charlotte49ers.com and @Charlotte49ers for timely updates.

Just an FYI...Virginia Tech East carolina game has also been cancelled

Yeah, when I made my three weather plays, I figured they would all end up getting canceled so figured no risk in taking a shot since BM would refund the plays no problem, which they did in short order.

Best of luck this weekend!

The Charlotte 49ers have rescheduled their college football game against Old Dominion to Thursday at 4 p.m. in Richardson Stadium in anticipation of foul weather associated with Hurricane Florence.

The game was originally scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday.

No line yet on the rescheduled game and BM has already refunded the wager back into my account.

Given the uncertainty on many levels, I am going to pass on any line on the rescheduled game.

“We waited as long as possible to finalize a decision because of the hurricane’s fluctuating path. With the significant change in the hurricane’s overnight forecast, our options became clear - move the game to Thursday afternoon, or cancel it. Because ODU had already traveled to Charlotte earlier this week, we are able to play the game on Thursday. The 4 pm start allows ODU’s football team to begin its trip back to Virginia ahead of the storm.

“We fully recognize that moving the game date and time inconveniences many of our fans, for which we apologize. However, these are highly unusual circumstances which require uncommon solutions in order to safely complete this football game.”

The Monarchs traveled to Charlotte on Tuesday after much of the Norfolk, Va., area was put under mandatory evacuation.

Texas State +11.5 120

Two bad teams, give me the points against the team that is still playing games at the QB position, as a three man battle under center is never a good thing unless it is during the spring.

Ole Miss v Alabama Over 69.5 115

Knew this one would come back down to earth a bit so glad I waited after it shot up after missing the opening number. This one could easily be something like 58-41. Should be a fun one to watch for sure.

I'd be more comfortable with a 330 start but I think they get a cover here.

Yeah not ideal, but Hawaii had to do this 6am local kickoff time before back in 2010 and while not exactly relevant to 2018, they do have historical precedent in terms of how to prep and such (they won that one at Army 31-28). Also, I like the fact that they arrived earlier in the week to get everyone acclimated so I think it won't be as big of an issue as the game goes on and the Hawaii passing game starts to click.

Been back and forth on Hawaii, but think it's going to be a play for me.

Best of luck this week.

:cheers3:

Was going to hold out for the 7 but don’t see it making a difference in this one as Duke gave a solid snapshot of how to take Army off of its game and I fully expect Hawaii to take control of this one in a battle of styles as I refuse to let the travel thing get in my head and have me go against my initial numbers on this one before the line even hit. Best of luck to you as well!

Reasoning for Ball State pls? :)

GL this week

Haven't forgotten about ya, just been busy getting things taken care of here and with school out the last 2 days things have been crazy to say the least but I wanted to at least throw out a couple things.

I actually think Indiana has played solid ball so far this season, as the wins against UVA and FIU were the epitome of taking care of business as Indiana teams in years' past probably wouldn't have handled their business to start out 2-0 against those 2, so I definitely like what Ramsey and company are doing on offense, as they haven't been spectacular but they aren't making mistakes either. I do think however that Riley Neal and James Gilbert will be able to put some points up against the Indiana defense as I am still waiting for IU to get better penetration on D and generate more TFL in the backfield but just haven't seen it yet and don't see it happening on Saturday either.

I also don't think IU will be able to get to Neal much, which will allow him to have plenty of time to do his thing which in a lot of ways is very similar to IU QB Ramsey, as both are efficient and good at what they do. I don't buy into the "let down" factor for Ball State after the ND game but I do kinda like the fact that IU has MSU on deck, so getting 2 TDs is a gift IMO as IU is focused on getting to 3-0 heading into next week and style points won't matter one bit.

These two teams are similar in a lot of ways but I do think IU is potentially one score better, but since I am getting 2 TDs, I see value in taking the dog and I also have 1/3 unit on the ML as if BSU can just start converting better in the red zone and getting more TDs once they get inside the 20, this game could easily come down to a FG either way, so give me the points and the value at over 4 to 1 on the ML.

GL mr blue. My money on tOSU and Buff. Maybe Ball as well

Thanks man, hope you have a profitable weekend! Always enjoy reading your threads even if BM waits way too long to get the true off the radar plays on the board, if even at all. For what I do however, BM is a perfect fit for me even though sometimes it can be frustrating not being able to jump on off early lines like they put out at BOL or not being able to play some of these OTR gems that I see at 5D. Knock it out the park this weekend!

Just going to keep track of where the lines end up vs what I got them at to see if there are any dramatic changes and whether they have an impact or not...

My Lines are listed in black
  • Hawaii +6.5 110 +7 110 currently - don't think it matters as I have Hawaii winning but never like missing a key number like 7
  • Hawaii v Army Over 62 110 no change in line
  • Ball State +14.5 110 +15 110 currently - no difference to me in 14.5 or 15 as getting more the 2 TDs was the key here in terms of value for me
  • Miami -9.5 111 -12 110 currently - I like that I got it under 10 as that is a key number to me
  • Texas State +11.5 120 +9 110 currently - I like that I got it at more than 10 as again that is value to me
  • Ohio State -11 115 -12 110 currently - this one has bounced around a bit but I feel like 11 was the best I could have gotten so can't complain
  • Buffalo -3 115 no change in line but it did move to 3 105 at one point but 2.5 was still juiced to 125 so I am ok with getting the 3 at 115
  • CMU +13.5 116 +14 110 currently - really thought this one would hit 12 before 14 so 13.5 not ideal from a value standpoint but I'm ok with it
  • Oklahoma -16.5 122 -18 110 currently - can't complain as I like getting this under 17 as that is value to me
  • Ole Miss v Alabama Over 69.5 115 70.5 110 currently - when you get into totals this high, a couple points either way are irrelevant to me

good luck on all the plays CB, with you many, none against
stay safe, hope all family and friends ok with the storm

Back