Carolinablue Week 2 Plays

Great thread CB - love the addition of the local paper stuff.

With ya on Cal, Wyoming, and the BS OVER. Let's cash them this week.

Carolina...OUTSTANDING>>>

You kick ass in hoops and football...I love the info and appreciate all of your hard work.

Funny thing is I am on a few of your plays, and you have opened a few up to me...Have a great week 2!!!!

First off, great thread.

Second, can you give me a little insight on your USF play? I was leaning USF too but this is a sort of rivalry game, revenge mode for UCF (got thrashed last year 62-14? at USF) and USF is definitely the better team. Maybe I answered my own questions but like to hear your thoughts. Thought this line would be near 17. My book now has it at 13.5. Thanks in advance.

GL this week with your plays.

Lots of UCF turnovers on their own side of the field gave USF short fields. Game got out of hand and USF backups tacked on 3 more TD's in 4th quarter.

UCF defense will be very good. If their offense can move the ball and not turn it over they have a chance to win this game. But I think USF is the better team. But on the road against a very good defense that let up 64 pts last year I think UCF will be super motivated. IMO, 13.5 is spot on if both teams play to their potential.

With you on SC, OVER NAVY, CAL, WYOMING, & NORTHWESTERN

Best of luck!:cheers:

First off, great thread.

Second, can you give me a little insight on your USF play? I was leaning USF too but this is a sort of rivalry game, revenge mode for UCF (got thrashed last year 62-14? at USF) and USF is definitely the better team. Maybe I answered my own questions but like to hear your thoughts. Thought this line would be near 17. My book now has it at 13.5. Thanks in advance.

GL this week with your plays.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Here are a few rambling thoughts, so take em for what they are worth, as I don't have any stats or anything in front of me right now.

The biggest thing for me in this one is the whole experience vs youth battle, just like Rice vs SMU to some extent. The fact is that UCF has 4, yes count em, 4 freshman running backs, plus they have a QB who only has 1 real start under his belt. They played very uninspired ball in their opener, and while I understand that they are "gonna be out for revenge" this weekend against USF, that doesn't change the fact that O'Leary is gonna need his young QB to step up in a hurry against the tenacious USF defense that will be out for blood in this one.

UCF won't be able to run 59 times and throw only 9 passes like they did against SCSU, as USF is gonna put 8 or 9 on the line and dare the young QB to throw the ball. Time will tell if he has what it takes to lead this team over time, but I just don't think he will be able to put this team on his shoulders, as he is gonna be under pressure the entire duration of the game most likely.

UCF has a solid foundation in place, but USF is on a mission focused on an undefeated season, and they know that they are gonna have to steamroll everyone in their path to keep rising up the polls week after week. Last note is that the UCF crowd did not show up to support the team last week, so who knows if they will be there full force with the impending weather on the horizon. Put all these things together and I see a huge USF victory as they continue their march towards 12-0.

Best of luck this weekend.

GL this week Cb
You play mostly FAVs and I love dogs.
Yet, our only lockhorns this week is the NW-Dook classic.

COUPLE THOUGHTS

---NW looks sexy, but I'm holding off. This MIGHT be the best Duke team in awhile folks. Steele is high on them. NW fact is you will be counting on Bacher who is not reliable. Let me say this, Syracuse offense most predictable in world, once Cats got beat on it over. 1st quarter concerned me. Thaddeus Lewis can do damage here. Cats lost last year because they didn't run Sutton. Supposed to be new emphasis with new O-coord, but I'll be honest saw lots of 3rd and short passes. THAT'S the shit that allowed that first half last week to be close vs. Cuse. I can totally see the NW pick, it's tempting but these guys know how to screw you and I like Duke this year.

--The USF, Cal, Okie State plays are all in the same category for me. I'll tell you now not all 3 of those will cover. I'm not playing any, they look good and it's a tease. I like Cal the most, but let me tell you UCF fired up for this game, USF doesn't want to play it anymore, UCF does, blown out last year in untelling score, --- a dog @ Home with a good defense thats pissed in a rivalry game, we've seen USF get in battles with inferior teams, notta no way play.

----I think people are missing the chalk on KANSAS. La tech played inept offense in Miss St who couldn't move the ball. When you put that team up against an actual passing offense, discrepency is huge. KU will not be overlooking anyone. Easy Money IMO.

oh yeah only loss for UCF in brighthouse stadium last year to Texas.

Man, really hope all these tough losses I am taking end sooner rather than later, because I don't know how much more abuse my remote control can take haha.

Navy/BSU over was a tough one to swallow, but I said I suck at totals, so its my fault for playing this one, even though 37 at the half and 51 to start the 4th, coupled with 3 wide open by 10yds sure TD passes dropped makes this one more painful than just a normal loss.

Tough start to the weekend, but have a huge card lined up for Saturday and a long season ahead, so no need to panic at all. Congrats to those who cashed with the under by the way.

See you guys on Saturday!

COUPLE THOUGHTS

---NW looks sexy, but I'm holding off. This MIGHT be the best Duke team in awhile folks. Steele is high on them. NW fact is you will be counting on Bacher who is not reliable. Let me say this, Syracuse offense most predictable in world, once Cats got beat on it over. 1st quarter concerned me. Thaddeus Lewis can do damage here. Cats lost last year because they didn't run Sutton. Supposed to be new emphasis with new O-coord, but I'll be honest saw lots of 3rd and short passes. THAT'S the shit that allowed that first half last week to be close vs. Cuse. I can totally see the NW pick, it's tempting but these guys know how to screw you and I like Duke this year.

--The USF, Cal, Okie State plays are all in the same category for me. I'll tell you now not all 3 of those will cover. I'm not playing any, they look good and it's a tease. I like Cal the most, but let me tell you UCF fired up for this game, USF doesn't want to play it anymore, UCF does, blown out last year in untelling score, --- a dog @ Home with a good defense thats pissed in a rivalry game, we've seen USF get in battles with inferior teams, notta no way play.

----I think people are missing the chalk on KANSAS. La tech played inept offense in Miss St who couldn't move the ball. When you put that team up against an actual passing offense, discrepency is huge. KU will not be overlooking anyone. Easy Money IMO.

Thanks for the post. Weather might come into play in Durham, so Lewis may not be as effective if the storm hits as projected. Even if it doesn't, I still think Duke is more hype than substance at this point. The fact that they beat JMU in front of 20,000 doesn't impress me at all. If they beat NW, I have no problem giving congrats to the Duke backers, but I just think the short line is due moreso to all the hype than anything else, as Duke has become a popular pick of the masses this week, but again, guess we will see.

A lot of guys are on UCF, so guess we will see how that one plays out.

Kansas was on my leans list but didn't make the cut, as I think Zona and Wisky are the stronger 20pt favs this week, mainly due to the fact that their competition is weaker than KU's in my opinion, and they seem more apt to make a statement this week, but guess we will see.

Nice finish to the weekend with Rice and Zona pulling out late covers to make it a winning week 2 at 7-5. May not seem like a big deal, but as I look around, it appears that many had a lot of bad breaks go their way today, so I will take my 7-5 and not complain too much about it, because I was on the right side of a few breaks today to say the least. USF was tough to swallow as they were up 14 with 3 to go, and instead of running the ball to chew up clock, they throw the INT and end up winning by 7 in OT against a UCF team that had zero success putting anything together offensively all game.

Will recap everything later, but that was the main one that stuck out to me today as I finished 7-3 on Saturday but that was the only loser that had a shot. NW and Wyoming were both outplayed, so I didn't deserve a cover in either of those.

And yes, I feel very fortunate about Rice, as that win alone helped take away most of the sting from Wisky, KU, and Tenn last week. Notice I said "most of" and not "all", haha.

Hang in there to all you guys who had a tough go of it this weekend, as week 3 begins on Thursday with my Heels going to Rutgers in what should be an interesting one to say the least. See you guys in the early lines thread later today!

------------------

Home Favs 5-3
Road Favs 4-4
Home Dogs 0-0
Road Dogs 3-1
Totals 0-2

YTD 12-10

:shake:

On a week like this, I think you can be very happy with any + day.

Glad to see someone with some profits today, you can share the wealth with the rest of us:smiley_acbe:

Best of luck to next weekend, we're all due for a big one. Lets cleanup:cheers:

:shake:

On a week like this, I think you can be very happy with any + day.

Glad to see someone with some profits today, you can share the wealth with the rest of us:smiley_acbe:

Best of luck to next weekend, we're all due for a big one. Lets cleanup:cheers:

Believe me I feel very fortunate, especially after Wisky came out down 14-0 but then going on a 51 pt run, Rice being down 15 in the 4th but fighting back and getting the pick 6 so I don't have to sweat an OT loss like Tenn last week, Zona up 18 with 3 to go but deciding to keep in the starters and get another TD instead of killing the clock, Buffalo holding Pitt to a FG with 3mins left and Pitt just outside the redzone, man I could go on for days about all the breaks I got today just to squeak out the 7-5 haha.

Back