Carolinablue Week 13 CFB Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Weird day all the way around as I won some I shouldn't have and lost some that were painful to bear, but ultimately I ended the day on the losing side of things as I ended up 8-9 -2.68 units. On the bright side, the Navy +550 future is gold as they clinched tonight with the victory vs ECU, so that will eventually add +2.2 units to the good once it is graded at the end of the season. Still need Ohio to take care of Akron next weekend in order to hit my Ohio future at +300 and if UVA can somehow beat the Hokies and we take care of State, then my UNC future at +375 will also cash, but I know that one is more of a longshot than the others.

Updated Year to Date Record now 74-65 -0.865 units - it's been a weird season to say the least but plenty of time still left to get some consistency going and finish up the year on the right side of the ledger.

Hope you guys were able to navigate the land mines better than I did Saturday!

Week 13 Plays
Football - 128 Texas pk -110 for Game - at BOL
Football - 202 South Florida -9½ -115 for Game - at BOL
Football - 146 Temple -17½ -115 for Game - at BOL
Football - 126 Tulsa -17½ -115 for Game - at BOL
Football - 197 Navy -7 -110 for Game - at BOL
Football - 164 Kansas State -27 -110 for Game - at BOL
Football - 184 Old Dominion -13½ -110 for Game - at BOL
Football - 160 Penn State -13 -110 for Game - at BOL
Football - 133 NC State/North Carolina over 57 -115 for Game - at BOL
Football - 123 Arkansas/Missouri over 73 -125 for Game - at BOL

Win
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 184 Old Dominion -7 100 for 2ND HALF - Risking 2.1 to Win 2.1

11/26/16 7:00pm College Football 197 Navy -6½ -130* vs SMU - at 5D - Total Risk 2.1 to Win 1.82
11/26/16 3:30pm College Football 197 Navy -6½ -120* vs SMU - at 5D

Prop play during Cal vs UCLA game that I submitted without even realizing what I played - Lost a unit and deserved it for sure

Total investment on Navy across both books now stands at Risking 2.1 units to Win 1.82 units, so definitely one of my larger plays of the year.

9-6 +2.07 units when all the smoke cleared...will take it after the 0-5 start!

Last edited:
After the loss to a pathetic KU team, all signs point to this being the end of the Charlie Strong era as it seems to not be a matter of if but simply when. With that said, the game this week is exactly the type of game Texas seems to pull out as they are about as close to the definition of the word enigma as you can get. I will take my chance with Texas having to simply win no matter who the coach may be by the time the game actually kicks off.

Had to put some small action in on the Survivor Series tonight and this play is purely a logical play as either Raw or Smackdown should come out on top 2-1 and I am banking on the men's 5 on 5 coming on in semi-main position prior to Brock vs Goldberg, so if things play out as I suspect, Smackdown will have to win either the Tag or Women, so given the +280 on both of these, if I hit either one, I come out a winner regardless of what happens in the other two. Let's see if my logic plays out....

Pending 11/20/16 7:00pm Pro Wrestling Other Sports 114 Team SmackDown Men 5 (end ruling) -135* vs Team Raw Men 5 (end of broadcast ruling)

Pending 11/20/16 7:00pm Pro Wrestling Other Sports 124 Team SmackDown Women 5 (end ruling) +280* vs Team Raw Women 5 (end ruling)

Pending 11/20/16 7:00pm Pro Wrestling Other Sports 134 Team SmackDown 10 (end broadcast ruling) +280* vs Team Raw 10 (end of broadcast ruling)

Smackdown Men just jumped to -260 and Goldberg just moved from a huge dog to a huge fav in the last few minutes...mmmm

Just added 1/2 more on each of the Smackdown Tag and Smackdown Women's lines....Degenerate special starts at 7pm tonight haha

11/20/16 7:00pm Pro Wrestling Other Sports 134 Team SmackDown 10 (end broadcast ruling) +550* vs Team Raw 10 (end of broadcast ruling)
11/20/16 7:00pm Pro Wrestling Other Sports 124 Team SmackDown Women 5 (end ruling) +500* vs Team Raw Women 5 (end ruling)

Last one of the night for Survivor Series...purely a mathematical play to guarantee a profit at the end of the night.

11/20/16 7:00pm Pro Wrestling Other Sports 113 Team Raw Men 5 (end of broadcast ruling) +700* vs Team SmackDown Men 5 (end ruling)

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled college football discussion...

i can't tell you how much i love that your are betting on WWE! so freaking awesome!

My strategy didn't work out as planned as the match order played out exactly as expected but they strayed from the standard formula of 1-1 with the final match deciding the outcome, so at least I can say I went with the smart play even though it didn't work out. All in good fun as the small amount risked was worth the thrill of having a vested interest in the outcome as the red vs blue didn't fire up much enthusiasm, so all good in the end.

Adding even more on Navy as I will continue to ride them for as long as I can...

11/26/16 3:30pm College Football 197 Navy -6½ -120* vs SMU - at 5D

Added

Football - 164 Kansas State -27 -110 for Game
Football - 184 Old Dominion -13½ -110 for Game
Football - 160 Penn State -13 -110 for Game

No dogs at all this week, it's been a long time since I had a card like this...harkens back to the old days so hopefully I get the same kind of results I used to when going down this road

Last edited:
Missed the openers on totals but like this one up to about 80 so taking it now as I see it going nowhere but up. Of course the price changed while I was confirming, but that's how it goes. Just once I would like to see it move in my favor though haha.

Football - 123 Arkansas/Missouri over 73 -125 for Game

Actually will be in Kenan for the 12 noon kickoff vs State so of course I have to have a play on the game haha. I actually don't like the current line of 11.5 as I would have preferred single digits since State typically keeps things closer than expected in this rivalry game. As a result, I am going with the over as Elijah Hood might break 200 in this one which will open up the play action leading to some fun long TDs from Mitch. State will get a few scores and I expect them to scratch and claw til the end since they may be playing for coach's job in this game. I project a UNC win by 7-10pts with a final total in the mid 60's so something like 38-28 or worst case 34-24 on the low end.

Football - 133 NC State/North Carolina over 57 -115 for Game - at BOL

It wasn't pretty but Ohio came through to get me the +300 on my division future following up Navy's win last week to get me the +550 there. First time doing future plays of this sort so kinda bummed that they don't grade until end of season vs when the division is clinched but at least good to know that I have those funds banked at year end so can't complain too much about it.

Betting on wrestling? You sick bastard lol........seek help.

I can give you the number to the Gamblers Anonymous line I used several years ago when I bet on a Thanksgiving Day high school game after I got "inside info" from one of the coaches that I went to school with........I laid the 20 points with his undefeated team playing a sub 500 team and of course they lost by 20

Wrestling is a North Carolina thing. You wouldn't understand.

Congrats, CB, on the MAC future. Nice call! The big question is can the Cavs pull the upset in Blacksburg. I've seen nothing from them to think they're capable, which is why I think it's a distinct possibility.

It's all about navy and odu both coming out strong in 2H and taking control and completely dominating smu and fiu, as I have a ton riding on both outcomes at this point.

0-5 start to the weekend, followed up with 8-0 run (2 of the 5 winning plays today were double plays) with Temple -17.5 remaining to make this one of the craziest days I have ever had in all my years of doing this. Will be keeping an eye out for any potential 2H plays as well.

MTSU 2H over looks interesting but not sure if it is as good as just going with the O33 for the 2H...any thoughts?

Over 33 at +105 now by the way

Not gonna press my luck...gonna stick with what I have...with that said they will probably score about 50 this half haha

Just tried to get in UCLA vs Cal next score not a TD just as the kicker hit the ball clean...FG was good but I think they are gonna cancel my wager as I tried to time it almost exactly right

Just tried to get in UCLA vs Cal next score not a TD just as the kicker hit the ball clean...FG was good but I think they are gonna cancel my wager as I tried to time it almost exactly right

Just realized my play is for first score of 2H not just now....that's what I get haha

Just realized my play is for first score of 2H not just now....that's what I get haha

Funny that was the only play I lost after the 0-5 start to the weekend. I deserved that one though as I wasn't paying attention and tried to beat the system, so can't complain on that one as it was +270 so if I actually would have been paying attention I would have noticed what I actually submitted so 100% on me for being greedy LOL.

Can't complain about the day though as I could have easily been wiped out as none of the late wins were looking good until the 2H of each game. I will count my blessings and take it and I am gonna keep riding that Navy train next week most likely as they take on Temple noon Saturday.

Back on the right side of things as we head into championship weekend next Saturday

83-71 +1.205 units year to date. Not pretty but at this point survive and advance is good enough as we live to fight another week!

Glad you finished the weekend strong. Wish we played you this year. Also wish y'all would quit trying to fix what ain't broke. Those uniforms on Friday were terrible. You're Carolina -- wear Carolina blue! Your basic uniforms are top-5 in college football.

Back