Carolinablue Week 11 Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Another rough week as loading up on SD State was the only thing to keep things from being pretty disastrous, but overall still not a profitable week by any means.

Week 10 = 5-7 -1.25 units
Year to Date = 62-61-1 for -6.63 units ugh

Here is what I have locked in at BOL so far. All plays for 1 unit. If Zona cashes then I will have at least two more adds to the current list of 5 plays, if not, then this will be the card for Week 11.

Week 11 Plays 8-5 +2.075 units

Mobile - FOOTBALL - 197 Arkansas State -11 -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 179 Florida Atlantic -4½ -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 114 Northern Illinois -28½ -110 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 114 Northern Illinois team total over 42 -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 149 Middle Tennessee State -13½ -110 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 103 Bowling Green +11½ -115 for GAME
Football - 137 Wake Forest/Syracuse over 58½ -110 for Game

Football - 181 Southern Miss -9½ -120 buying -½ for Game
Football - 193 Arizona State pk -115 for Game
Football - 124 UNLV -140 for Game
Football - 138 Syracuse -115 for Game

Mobile - FOOTBALL - 137 Wake Forest team total over 32½ -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 138 Syracuse team total over 31½ -115 for GAME

Last edited:
Best of luck CB. Last week annihilated me too. You will bounce back this week.

Best of luck to us both in Week 11! Just haven't been able to get a good feel for things the last few weeks as to say my picks have been bad would be an understatement. I just need to get back to what I do well, as I have been letting too much outside noise affect my hunches instead of just going with my gut and not looking back. The tough thing about a slide like the one I am having is I find myself talking myself off of plays like the Bedlam over and the Houston team total over to use two examples from Saturday. I convinced myself that if I jumped on one or both of those, it would end up like 13-10 or something haha. From here on out, I am just gonna go with my gut and stop talking myself off plays, although on the flip side, I probably talked myself off of a bunch of forced losses as well, so gotta keep things in perspective.

Anyone have any thoughts on these three early lines just released at BOL?

At first glance, Georgia looks somewhat enticing at more than a TD vs Bama.

All three have $500 limits right now.

Friday, Dec 01, 2017 - NCAA Football Game
08:00 PM 29895 USC
+5½ -110 o
29896 Washington -5½ -110 o

Saturday, Dec 02, 2017 - NCAA Football Game
08:00 PM 29891 Alabama
-8 -110 o
29892 Georgia +8 -110 o

08:00 PM 29893 Miami Florida
+8 -110 o
29894 Clemson -8 -110 o

Anyone have any thoughts on these three early lines just released at BOL?

At first glance, Georgia looks somewhat enticing at more than a TD vs Bama.

All three have $500 limits right now.

Friday, Dec 01, 2017 - NCAA Football Game
08:00 PM 29895 USC
+5½ -110 o
29896 Washington -5½ -110 o

Saturday, Dec 02, 2017 - NCAA Football Game
08:00 PM 29891 Alabama
-8 -110 o
29892 Georgia +8 -110 o

08:00 PM 29893 Miami Florida
+8 -110 o
29894 Clemson -8 -110 o
Does the game have to take place for action?

On Bowling Green w/ ya tonight.

Finally had a line move go my way as having that 11.5 really paid off last night as I saw it drop as low as 7.5 by kickoff. Definitely a degenerate special as I wouldn't subject myself to watching a game between those two if I didn't have a play on it!

In the 40s here in Charlotte, so a perfect night to settle in and watch some MAC-tion...Feel kinda weird not having any plays tonight but will be nice in a way just to watch the games and see how things play out.

Question now becomes, do you want to the money up that long. Value is there. Just don't know how much. Injuries can happen.

Yeah, I am not gonna play it as a lot can happen between now and then. Line is actually 8.5 now but I don't have a feel for the SEC games this weekend, so not gonna take the risk as the line could be a lot different by kickoff depending on how things play out.

Yo, mr cb. We both won the same game on different sides. Buff -8 here. Of the futures you cite, I endorse Miami. GL

Yo, mr cb. We both won the same game on different sides. Buff -8 here. Of the futures you cite, I endorse Miami. GL

I was wondering which of you guys grabbed Buffalo once the line went under DD. When Buffalo drove down to the red zone in the 4th, I kept thinking FG FG FG so I lucked out there as Buffalo had a few opportunities to get 7's instead of 3's in that one. That was one of those games where a middle was enticing but I have never had success with those but man getting it at -7.5 and +11.5 would have been a nice grab.

Added play

Mobile - FOOTBALL - 114 Northern Illinois team total over 42 -115 for GAME

NIU should get at least 400 yards rushing if not 500. Wary of the clock churning that comes with the rushing game but the Ball State defense is a mess right now given how much time the beleaguered offense has caused them to be on the field. Would love to see NIU with a 28 point first quarter but either way I see them hitting around 52 in this one so figured I would lock it in as 6 TDs is solid value on this team total.

Nice to head into the weekend 3-0 for a change...Ball State is a dumpster fire so I am gonna keep playing against them as long as I can keep getting under 30.

What to expect out of Heels tonight?

Sorry I missed this one man. Work all day then took my son out to the sports bar to watch the Heels game as there was no school Friday.

If I had to guess I would say the Heels will pull out a close one, something like 34-31 LOL

UNLV currently at -2.5 after opening between -4 and -5 at most places, most likely due to the fact that the Rebels have never beaten BYU in Vegas and BYU holds a 16-3 advantage in the series, including winning the last 7 in a row. BYU hasn't won on the road all season however and the combined record of the 2 opponents that BYU has defeated is an underwhelming 1-18. I will take my chances with UNLV at home as they still have a shot at making a bowl coupled with the fact that it is Senior Night at Sam Boyd. I am going to play it safe however by just going with the ML instead of having to worry about getting burned by a point or two.

UNLV ML 140

Johnny Stanton settling in at QB for Rebels’ stretch run
Las Vegas Sun

Armani Rogers is the future of the UNLV football program, and with the Rebels just two wins away from gaining bowl eligibility, the freshman quarterback is healthy enough to play. But it won’t be the superstar-in-waiting who will start Friday’s pivotal game against BYU.

That responsibility will go to Johnny Stanton, and the battle-tested senior has definitely earned it.

UNLV’s season appeared to be dead before Stanton resurrected it by posting back-to-back wins at Fresno State and against Hawaii while Rogers was sidelined by a concussion, and during his mid-week press conference, head coach Tony Sanchez made it clear that this is now Stanton’s team and his job to lose.

Stanton practiced with the first team all week, and he said he’s getting more and more comfortable at the controls of UNLV’s high-powered offense.

“Between the first and second week, I definitely felt more comfortable,” Stanton said. “I was more accurate last week and I think I made some better decisions. After watching the film, there were some points I can definitely improve on, but I think I’ll be able to solve those problems.”

Stanton has added accuracy and consistency to the Rebels’ passing game, which is a remarkable development considering he was playing on defense and special teams as recently as three weeks ago. In his two starts, Stanton has completed 63.6 percent of his passes (35-of-55) for 399 yards, with two touchdowns passes and no interceptions. He’s also run for a pair of scores.

Though he entered the season at No. 3 on the depth chart, Stanton credits offseason work with the rest of the offense for keeping him sharp and developing his chemistry with the receivers.

“I would say that I’m in midseason form,” Stanton said. “I’ve still been able to practice with the team the whole year. I’ve taken all the individual reps. I’ve [thrown] all the routes. My chemistry with the receivers was already there, but you never stop building it. We’ve been building it even more the last two weeks. But we weren’t running 7-on-7s during the summer for nothing. We’ve all worked very hard to get good chemistry, all the quarterbacks and all the receivers, and all those workouts really built a lot of chemistry.”

Sanchez said Rogers will likely see the field at some point against BYU, and that there are certain game situations where the towering freshman can still make a difference. Sanchez praised Stanton’s leadership and credited the well-traveled California native for handling the delicate quarterback battle with class and keeping Rogers engaged.

“It’s been really good to see the way Johnny has handled the situation, the way he’s taken over,” Sanchez said. “And the way Armani has responded.”

Thanks to the two wins with Stanton at QB, UNLV is 4-5 on the season with three games to play, and bowl talk is beginning to swirl around the team again. A win over BYU would leave the Rebels just one victory away from the postseason, with road contests at New Mexico and UNR remaining on the schedule.

The BYU game will also double as Senior Day for Rebels, and Stanton’s long college career has been more winding than most. His goal is to lead UNLV to at least two more wins and extend his college career by one more game.

“[A bowl game] is a very real possibility,” Stanton said, “and it’s something that every single one of us want to do so badly because we know how much it’ll mean to this program, how much it’ll mean to us as a team and to our brothers. We’re definitely looking forward to that, but it all starts with the game ahead of you.”

Tons of Mormons in LV, won't be surprised if BYU have a bunch more fans in the stands...that said I'm on UNLV team total

Tons of Mormons in LV, won't be surprised if BYU have a bunch more fans in the stands...that said I'm on UNLV team total

I think the crowd will be pretty irrelevant in this one as I don't see it being enough to sway things either way.

Typically not at Sam Boyd but just my limited experience, at best, BYU is the exception. But they do suck so there's that...hope it hits for ya

Typically not at Sam Boyd but just my limited experience, at best, BYU is the exception. But they do suck so there's that...hope it hits for ya

Just to clarify, I completely agree with you that the BYU fans in the surrounding area will definitely travel down for this one and from what I have read, ticket sales are solid so there will be decent crowd in attendance, what I meant was that I don't think the crowd will make a difference because the BYU offensive gameplan won't give them anything to cheer about, as it probably be pretty vanilla so as long as the Rebels hold on to the ball and force BYU to beat them through the air, it should be a fun senior night for UNLV.

I'm all over the Cuse game today as I will be on the side, total and possibly the team total if it is reasonable.

Football - 138 Syracuse -115 for Game

Total on the Cuse game now up to 67.5 115 so the team total may be too inflated by the time it comes out as they still haven't released it yet.

With that UNC game I feel like the books favored by Pitt by too much on purpose to try to dupe people into puting them into ML parlays as a "sure" thing. Just a theory

I am all in on this game...Hoping for this one to go over by halftime.

Mobile - FOOTBALL - 137 Wake Forest team total over 32½ -115 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 138 Syracuse team total over 31½ -115 for GAME

8-5 in Week 11 for +2.075 units

So close to a big day but Southern Miss and ASU failed to come through in the end. I will take the winning week as it seems like it has been a long while since I had one, so hoping this is the turnaround week I was waiting for.

Year to Date 70-66-1 -4.555 units

Back