Carolinablue Week 0 CFB Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Last Season 135-106-2 +10.20 units (56.02%)
Note: I copied and pasted the last record posted from the last thread I could find during the CFP game, so may be off by a unit or so, but definitely a solid year once again as the vacation fund is locked and loaded with back to back trips planned for this fall.

Just purchased my BTC to fund my season long deposits at BOL and BM (doing a 55/45 split between the two this year) but it is showing a 6 day hold, so stay tuned as it looks like I am handcuffed until Friday (just received email confirmation). Not a huge deal though as the UNC game line probably won't be up til then anyway, and at this rate, I may only have plays on that one and the late game on the island, but we shall see...

Week 0 Plays - Saturday 8/27 - All Plays to Win 1 Unit (unless otherwise noted)

12:00pm IN-GAME Austin Peay TT O26.5 149 (limited at max to win $100) - posted in thread and in-game
3:30pm Stephen F Austin -5.5 128 (BM) - canceled by BM
5:00pm Florida State vs Duquesne Over 54.5/55.5 115 (split between BOL/BM with most of action on 55.5 at BM b/c BOL limited this one to max $100)
7:00pm Florida Atlantic TT O33 120 (BOL)
8:00pm IN-GAME UNC 1H TT U28.5 125 (BOL) (limited at max to win $100)

10:00pm New Mexico State +8.5 121 (BM)
10:30pm Vandy vs Hawaii Over 54.5 115 (BOL)

Week 0 Results 4-2 +0.96 units

Just checked BM and they canceled my SFA bet which was lucky for me, but I haven't checked to see what happened there, but not gonna complain. Last I saw it was down 42-17, so what did I miss? Gonna look it up later when I have time, but curious if anyone watched the game and can tell me what happened.

Last edited:
Here are some that are still under consideration...

Northwestern +13 - Not sure I trust the Wildcats offense to keep up and the whole Ireland thing makes this one hard for me to figure out but getting 13 in what should be a run heavy game is tempting

Vandy v Hawaii - Initially I was pretty positive I was gonna be on Vandy especially at 6.5, but now I am not as sold on them, as I am leaning more towards just playing the over and hoping that Timmy Chang works wonders with that offense and we see some old school fireworks. So many unknowns with Hawaii but for me it is either Vandy or the over at this point.

Here are a few more that I am still mulling over...

Pitt -6.5 - I get the whole rivalry aspect, but I just don't think WVU can keep up on the scoreboard. Another one though where I am wondering if I should just go with the over so I don't have to worry about a side.

MSU -20 - Really like the Spartans in this spot as I don't see how the WMU defense will be able to stop the run, and that will lead to plenty of play action resulting in homerun balls a few times. I think MSU rolls so this will probably (where is my Chris Jericho image) make the list.

UNC ML - This should be a fun game with a crazy atmosphere but you guys know I will be on my Heels in this one as many seem to be writing us off early, so this could be a huge statement game out of the gate after the warm up vs FAMU in Week 0.

Cincy +7.5 - I will probably be on this one if I can get 120/125 as I see a close one that may come down to the last possession so will gladly take the hook if it is reasonable.

BYU -11/12 - BYU is tempting because I think they win by 20, but not sure I want to back them as a DD road fav in Week 1 as I just don't know what to make of USF this year.

MTSU +7.5 - I see a lot of people liking JMU and the line is moving in their favor, but I actually think MTSU can win this SU, so if I can get 7.5 125 they will be on the card as I see these two teams as more evenly matched than most seem to.

FAU would have been a play at PK but no value in -3 125 now IMO

Same story with Utah, now it has gotten away as the line keeps moving up so no value for me at 2.5/3 at this point.

UMass +30.5 intrigues me because as bad as UMass has historically been, they are a scrappy team and Tulane doesn't necessarily have the type of offense that screams 52-7, so may hold my nose on this one, but it goes against my strategy of fading the bottom 10 early, so not sure I can stomach it.

Utah State +38.5 - I know, I am crazy, but I think the schedule actually helps with USU getting an easy one in Week 0 and Bama having Texas on deck, this one could have back door cover all over it.

Memphis +16 - Hoping to see 17 again but may have missed the boat on that one.

Boise +3.5 - I think they win SU on the road, but would prefer 4 if I can get a reasonable price.

Clemson is another one I liked but the line got away from me as I would have taken the 19.5 I think I saw early but no value for me at 21.5.

With the 55/45 split across BOL and BM I will be able to leverage the differences those 2 have on a weekly basis as right now some of the lines are showing a full point differential. Took the bonuses offered by both (CRYPTO 35 at BOL and LIFEBONUS at BM) since I will be playing with this cash all season long so no rollover issues given the duration of the season and sheer number of plays I will be making over the long haul. The low level bonus caps are not ideal, but free money is free money so not gonna complain about that.

For context purposes, I play to win 1 unit each and every game and I have set times that I make withdrawals based on profit milestones so that I take all emotion out of it and stay strictly numbers based when it comes to maximizing earned profit. This year the math shakes out to each unit being about 3% of my total bankroll (includes BM cash bonus but does not include BOL FP bonus). Feel free to jump in with any questions as I love talking the financial side of this stuff almost as much as talking the matchups!

I don’t really like early season overs but I lean that way in the wvu/pit game, I do think wvu can hang some points, pitt secondary can always be had if you can give your qb time against pitt nasty front. I think wvu oline gonna be pretty solid, they should hold up at least to hit some plays down the field, think wvu upgraded significantly with the qb and oc and I like their weapons on the outside to be able to beat pitt secondary.,

I don’t really like early season overs but I lean that way in the wvu/pit game, I do think wvu can hang some points, pitt secondary can always be had if you can give your qb time against pitt nasty front. I think wvu oline gonna be pretty solid, they should hold up at least to hit some plays down the field, think wvu upgraded significantly with the qb and oc and I like their weapons on the outside to be able to beat pitt secondary.,
Yeah I tend to look for over opps that are focused on big play potential (aka breakdowns in the secondary or in special teams) leading to quick scores by either team. I think both secondaries (and ST units) in the Hawaii game could be ripe for exploitation and to a lesser extent in the Pitt game as inthink both qbs will be solid in that one.

Yeah I tend to look for over opps that are focused on big play potential (aka breakdowns in the secondary or in special teams) leading to quick scores by either team. I think both secondaries (and ST units) in the Hawaii game could be ripe for exploitation and to a lesser extent in the Pitt game as inthink both qbs will be solid in that one.

I think there def potential for big plays in the pitt game! I’m sure there be defensive breakdowns in vandy/Hawaii, I just don’t know if either capable of exploiting them?

lots in common, CB. what do you think of the UNC/Appy under? i'll probably lay off this game, but that's my lean at the moment.

lots in common, CB. what do you think of the UNC/Appy under? i'll probably lay off this game, but that's my lean at the moment.
I think both teams hit upper 20s at least so I think the 55 is about dead on as I see it somewhere around 27-24 to 31-27 so too tight for me, but I understand the rationale given our qb and rb uncertainty, along with our lack of creating turnovers and/or home run plays most of the time.

I agree but that 6.5 with the line dropping seems almost too enticing to me as Vandy isn’t THAT bad to not win this one going away are they?

I dunno man, they pretty bad and teams going to the island, especially ones who never do have a tendency to fall for the trap of enjoying themselves more than focusing on fb. Seems the whole world ready to pile on against Hawaii and while I understand it with total rebuild going on it makes me somewhat skittish on laying a number that feels like they just welcoming candy action.

I dunno man, they pretty bad and teams going to the island, especially ones who never do have a tendency to fall for the trap of enjoying themselves more than focusing on fb. Seems the whole world ready to pile on against Hawaii and while I understand it with total rebuild going on it makes me somewhat skittish on laying a number that feels like they just welcoming candy action.
Given that they traveled there on Sunday, I’m not too concerned about that angle as to me it plays more outside of the first game of the season than in week 0. Also, vandy has a lot to prove so while it may not mean much in the whole scheme of things, this is still a statement game on the road for them, so we will see if we get a “new and improved” commodore squad or the same old same old.

Given that they traveled there on Sunday, I’m not too concerned about that angle as to me it plays more outside of the first game of the season than in week 0. Also, vandy has a lot to prove so while it may not mean much in the whole scheme of things, this is still a statement game on the road for them, so we will see if we get a “new and improved” commodore squad or the same old same old.

I dunno man, you put 18-20 year old me in Hawaii for 4-5 days the 1st time amd I’m not gonna be focused on my shitty football team, maybe I’m in the minority but maybe not! I dunno how it a statement game when the whole world knows Hawaii is terrible? I honestly think we might be trying to make it way more important than it really is, not like candy has any chance of making a bowl. It a total stay away for me, I didht wait this long for college fb to be back just to bet that awful game! Gl tho

I dunno man, you put 18-20 year old me in Hawaii for 4-5 days the 1st time amd I’m not gonna be focused on my shitty football team, maybe I’m in the minority but maybe not! I dunno how it a statement game when the whole world knows Hawaii is terrible? I honestly think we might be trying to make it way more important than it really is, not like candy has any chance of making a bowl. It a total stay away for me, I didht wait this long for college fb to be back just to bet that awful game! Gl tho
Lost at home to ETSU last year so definitely think they are focused and view this as a statement game given how things went down in the opener a year ago as that is enough motivation right there to not focus on anything other than Hawaii.

Lost at home to ETSU last year so definitely think they are focused and view this as a statement game given how things went down in the opener a year ago as that is enough motivation right there to not focus on anything other than Hawaii.

You might be right bro, im terrible at trying to cap teams mentalities/situations cause I can only go off how a young me woulda thought/acted and I’ve come to realize Im far from normal! Lol. I just know you put a young me on a terrible football team on a trip to Hawaii football probably wouldn’t be my main focus! Im more than ok with passing here and feeling good about it! I don’t hate the 2 awful teams play the over angle but I havnt dug into either team enough to know what kinda style they gonna be attempting to play? Regardless I have tried to learn to be ok with passing, god knows there gonna be plenty of days coming where I’m gonna have tons of plays so if I don’t play much in week 0 it ok by me! Not like I have been off, I been playing baseball pretty much daily for last 3-4 months! lol.

Whatever you decide I hope you cash! Might just watch and be rooting for ya!! I’m excited for the season and glad to see ya back as enjoy reading your opinions/thoughts!! Gl on this one and the entire season!!!

I think both teams hit upper 20s at least so I think the 55 is about dead on as I see it somewhere around 27-24 to 31-27 so too tight for me, but I understand the rationale given our qb and rb uncertainty, along with our lack of creating turnovers and/or home run plays most of the time.
thanks. appreciate the feedback.

As I sit here waiting for my coinbase to clear (says I can send starting tomorrow) I am just hoping nothing crazy happens with BTC as the first day it dropped like 200 bucks and I was like are you kidding me, but over the past four days it recovered that and is now up 100....hopefully it sits there until I am able to make the transfers to BOL and BM. Just one of those weird things you gotta deal with when working with transfer holds on BTC sometimes.

As I sit here waiting for my coinbase to clear (says I can send starting tomorrow) I am just hoping nothing crazy happens with BTC as the first day it dropped like 200 bucks and I was like are you kidding me, but over the past four days it recovered that and is now up 100....hopefully it sits there until I am able to make the transfers to BOL and BM. Just one of those weird things you gotta deal with when working with transfer holds on BTC sometimes.

lol. Btc stresses me the hell out! I liked it back in the day, unfortunately I got away from most of it when it was around 9k, never saw that crazy spike coming, but since it went sky high now when I get some I can’t get rid of it fast enough cause I don’t freaking believe it at all!! Scared to shit if it in my wallet im gonna wake up and it be way back down and I be stuck.

lol. Btc stresses me the hell out! I liked it back in the day, unfortunately I got away from most of it when it was around 9k, never saw that crazy spike coming, but since it went sky high now when I get some I can’t get rid of it fast enough cause I don’t freaking believe it at all!! Scared to shit if it in my wallet im gonna wake up and it be way back down and I be stuck.
Tricky part is the hold thing comes with the territory at coinbase as I put my bank transfer in on Sunday and got a notification that I can trade immediately but can't send or receive til Friday, so I am in a holding pattern even though the money has already been moved out of my bank account. As long as there is the same or more in there tomorrow than there was on Sunday, I am good, but man, if BTC takes a dip in the next 24 hours, that would suck big time.

Tricky part is the hold thing comes with the territory at coinbase as I put my bank transfer in on Sunday and got a notification that I can trade immediately but can't send or receive til Friday, so I am in a holding pattern even though the money has already been moved out of my bank account. As long as there is the same or more in there tomorrow than there was on Sunday, I am good, but man, if BTC takes a dip in the next 24 hours, that would suck big time.

Def would suck taking a loss before ya make a bet!! Shit hard enough without worrying bout this shit, lol. I just read some goofy thing that projects it to be trading at several hundred k by 2027!! So there that, lol.

FAMU names starting QB for Saturday night's game...Note, I actually think this bodes well for my Heels since this will be his first game under center with FAMU.

FAMU head coach Willie Simmons was non-committal on a starting quarterback for the FAMU vs UNC Week Zero game in an interview with HBCU Gameday just a day earlier. Just 24 hours later, speaking to the 220 Quarterback Club, a support organization for FAMU Athletics, he emphatically announced that Jeremy Moussa would take the first snaps for the Rattlers against the Tar Heels. He said it was a decision that the coaches had made overnight.

Simmons often affords the supporters with information first as a reward for their loyal support.

“We’ve made a decision on our starting quarterback for Saturday and we’re going to go with Jeremy (Moussa),” Simmons told the crowd. “Jeremy will start the game. The plan is to play them both and we’ll have a plan for when that time will be. So, Jeremy will start the game off at quarterback and Rasean (McKay) will be coming in at some point. We’ll play them by drives and kinda see how that goes and as the game flows in a normal fashion we’ll stick with that plan and obviously if one is playing extremely well and the other is not we’ll go with the hot hand.”

Moussa is a graduate transfer from Vanderbilt. He hails from Chino Hills, Ca., where he played junior college at San Bernardino Valley College, leading them to a 9-2 season in 2019 and the conference title. He would earn co-offensive player of the year for that effort.

Since arriving on campus, his ideal quarterback frame of 6-3, 225 lbs has made him an intriguing possibility at quarterback. With a solid arm and feet to avoid situations, Moussa is an ideal addition to the Rattlers’ quarterback room. It comes as no surprise to no one around the program that he was named QB1.

Simmons is still expecting McKay to play a vital role in the Rattler offense this year and has not by any means ruled out McKay as starter for the Rattlers in other games. With nine wins last season and a steadiness down the stretch that utilized all available targets at his disposal, McKay emerged from the shadows of FAMU passing leader Ryan Stanley and is now forging his own legacy.

FAMU names starting QB for Saturday night's game...Note, I actually think this bodes well for my Heels since this will be his first game under center with FAMU.

FAMU head coach Willie Simmons was non-committal on a starting quarterback for the FAMU vs UNC Week Zero game in an interview with HBCU Gameday just a day earlier. Just 24 hours later, speaking to the 220 Quarterback Club, a support organization for FAMU Athletics, he emphatically announced that Jeremy Moussa would take the first snaps for the Rattlers against the Tar Heels. He said it was a decision that the coaches had made overnight.

Simmons often affords the supporters with information first as a reward for their loyal support.

“We’ve made a decision on our starting quarterback for Saturday and we’re going to go with Jeremy (Moussa),” Simmons told the crowd. “Jeremy will start the game. The plan is to play them both and we’ll have a plan for when that time will be. So, Jeremy will start the game off at quarterback and Rasean (McKay) will be coming in at some point. We’ll play them by drives and kinda see how that goes and as the game flows in a normal fashion we’ll stick with that plan and obviously if one is playing extremely well and the other is not we’ll go with the hot hand.”

Moussa is a graduate transfer from Vanderbilt. He hails from Chino Hills, Ca., where he played junior college at San Bernardino Valley College, leading them to a 9-2 season in 2019 and the conference title. He would earn co-offensive player of the year for that effort.

Since arriving on campus, his ideal quarterback frame of 6-3, 225 lbs has made him an intriguing possibility at quarterback. With a solid arm and feet to avoid situations, Moussa is an ideal addition to the Rattlers’ quarterback room. It comes as no surprise to no one around the program that he was named QB1.

Simmons is still expecting McKay to play a vital role in the Rattler offense this year and has not by any means ruled out McKay as starter for the Rattlers in other games. With nine wins last season and a steadiness down the stretch that utilized all available targets at his disposal, McKay emerged from the shadows of FAMU passing leader Ryan Stanley and is now forging his own legacy.

I didn’t realize ya’ll were playing a game before the appy st game. That should help ya’ll quite a bit I would think!

I didn’t realize ya’ll were playing a game before the appy st game. That should help ya’ll quite a bit I would think!
Yeah definitely a nice tuneup for Maye, the backfield, the OL, secondary and defense to work out a few kinks before heading to Boone. FAMU is scrappy so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them hang around for a while but eventually we should pull away for a comfortable win. Not interested in my Heels at the Vegas insider 35 or whatever the line ends up landing at, but may play the over if it comes out around that 55 number currently on VI.

Yeah definitely a nice tuneup for Maye, the backfield, the OL, secondary and defense to work out a few kinks before heading to Boone. FAMU is scrappy so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them hang around for a while but eventually we should pull away for a comfortable win. Not interested in my Heels at the Vegas insider 35 or whatever the line ends up landing at, but may play the over if it comes out around that 55 number currently on VI.

You expect they get back to trying to run the ball (with the rbs!) this year? 2 years ago that what made them so good was Williams and the other dude running wild on teams! I recall them gashing canes for like 300-400 rushing yards that year! Last year the run game was ass and the way they called games didn’t seem much better, just came down to Howell having to make plays while running for his life!!! Was he their leading rusher last year? I havnt looked or anything just assuming he had to be 1st or 2nd in Rush yards on the team!!!

Last edited:
You expect they get back to trying to run the ball (with the rbs!) this year? 2 years ago that what made them so good was Williams and the other dude running wild on teams! I recall them gashing canes for like 300-400 rushing yards that year! Last year the run game was ass and the way they called games didn’t seem much better, just came down to Howell having to make plays while running for his life!!! Was he their leading rusher last year? I havnt looked or anything just assuming he had to be 1st or 2nd in Rush yards on the team!!!
Last year we had Ty Chandler the kid who came over for a year from Tenn, but yeah Sam probably had close to a thousand yards due to our bad OL play for the most part. British Brooks was finally gonna get the chance to start as a 5th year but he is out for the season with an injury so it will be a RB by committee type thing at first but I expect the two freshmen to eventually separate from the pack and get the bulk of the carries by year end.

Last year we had Ty Chandler the kid who came over for a year from Tenn, but yeah Sam probably had close to a thousand yards due to our bad OL play for the most part. British Brooks was finally gonna get the chance to start as a 5th year but he is out for the season with an injury so it will be a RB by committee type thing at first but I expect the two freshmen to eventually separate from the pack and get the bulk of the carries by year end.

Yea I thought chandler would be a suitable replacement for the studs they lost but especially early on their run game was like a afterthought at best,, they ran the crappiest plays going sideline to sideline instead of having him just go forward and hit a hole, could be the line wasn’t opening holes? As I mentioned before they were just so disappointing to me last year (I’m sure prob more so for you!), I expected more and from them but from the 1st game vs a crappy Vatech squad it just never looked right. Maybe I’m too low on them now but there so many teams in the acc I like more than them this season.

Check your emails for BOL reload bonus…..I think I received one for like 50% reload bonus for CFB…..

Think you have to clicked on the email link to activate the 50% bonuses….

BOL usually have these bonus for CFB, NFL , NBA ,MLB , NHL season opening

Check your emails for BOL reload bonus…..I think I received one for like 50% reload bonus for CFB…..

Think you have to clicked on the email link to activate the 50% bonuses….

BOL usually have these bonus for CFB, NFL , NBA ,MLB , NHL season opening
Man, those guys never send me any of those!

Still waiting for my transaction to clear Coinbase as it now says one day left, so guess I will be up early tomorrow to wait for the FBS v FCS lines to drop.

The Week Zero matchup between Florida A&M and North Carolina has come into question less than 36 hours before it is set to kick off.

According to a report by Rattler Nation — a blog that closely follows FAMU — Florida A&M reportedly has at least two dozen players who are ineligible to play against UNC on Saturday night, including many key starters. The remaining players reportedly refused to get on the bus to board the plane according to the report.

HBCU Gameday has reached out to officials at both UNC and FAMU regarding the status of the game, which UNC is set to pay FAMU a $450,000 guarantee.

Seeing some weird stuff out there on Twitter that FAMU may be boycotting the game tomorrow.
HBCU sources tell FootballScoop that the Rattlers potentially have a number of players who have been declared ineligible, at least for the game against the Tar Heels, and that other players have strong concerns about the possibility of opening the season with such limited numbers.

If, for example, the Rattlers had some two dozen players deemed ineligible for this game, that would leave Simmons’ roster with less than 40 scholarship players; the FCS maximum is 63 scholarship players on roster. One source with knowledge told FootballScoop that FAMU potentially had 26 players initially ruled ineligible for the contest.

The Rattlers' athletics department. per the game's original contract, was set to receive a $450,000 payment for the up-division "guarantee game" against Mack Brown's UNC program. If FAMU is forced to cancel for reasons within its control -- such as the eligibility of its players and not, for instance, in the event of a natural disaster -- then standard contract language then requires that program to be on the hook monetarily to the host institution.

Last Season 135-106-2 +10.20 units (56.02%)
Note: I copied and pasted the last record posted from the last thread I could find during the CFP game, so may be off by a unit or so, but definitely a solid year once again as the vacation fund is locked and loaded with back to back trips planned for this fall.

Just purchased my BTC to fund my season long deposits at BOL and BM (doing a 55/45 split between the two this year) but it is showing a 6 day hold, so stay tuned as it looks like I am handcuffed until Friday (just received email confirmation). Not a huge deal though as the UNC game line probably won't be up til then anyway, and at this rate, I may only have plays on that one and the late game on the island, but we shall see...
Was curious regarding your money management. Do you make these initial deposits and none others during the season if you’re tapped out? If so, what’s the highest percentage of the bankroll you’ll risk?
When I’m at my best is when I take this same approach. GL

Was curious regarding your money management. Do you make these initial deposits and none others during the season if you’re tapped out? If so, what’s the highest percentage of the bankroll you’ll risk?
When I’m at my best is when I take this same approach. GL
Correct, I only deposit once...If for some reason I have a horrible season and flame out then I am on the sidelines the rest of the way.

I play the same 1 unit for every game, doesn't matter how much I like it, as I only play games I like anyway, so I don't do the whole 1/2/3 unit stuff where my 3 unit plays I like 3x as much as my 1 unit plays, as if that was the case, I would only play the 3 unit games haha.

Based on where BTC is sitting at right now and assuming it stays there when my bank transfer finally goes through tomorrow, each play for me will equate to about 3.3% of my total bankroll, so in essence I will be starting with 30 units out of the gate. If I am down -30 units at any point this season, I deserve to call it a day and wouldn't look back, but I don't even think about that, as being that bad is really hard to do when you are consistently playing 1 unit a play.

Let me know if that makes sense as sometimes when I type stuff out it doesn't necessarily translate to how it sounds in my head LOL

The Week Zero matchup between Florida A&M and North Carolina has come into question less than 36 hours before it is set to kick off.

According to a report by Rattler Nation — a blog that closely follows FAMU — Florida A&M reportedly has at least two dozen players who are ineligible to play against UNC on Saturday night, including many key starters. The remaining players reportedly refused to get on the bus to board the plane according to the report.

HBCU Gameday has reached out to officials at both UNC and FAMU regarding the status of the game, which UNC is set to pay FAMU a $450,000 guarantee.

Crazy stuff. If they didn’t get on the plane that info has to be out there somewhere doesn’t it?

Alison Posey

@AlisonPosey14

Just spoke with Florida A&M head football coach Willie Simmons. There are twenty players that are ineligible, be it to academics or transfer eligibility. He said only seven offensive lineman that can travel - that’s not enough to safely play a football game.

Anyone that has a problem w NIL should pay attention to this AD wanting to usher his short handed football team into slaughter for a half a mil paycheck! Lol

May check out the 1H line in the am as 24 or less may be worth a look. No way Mack is gonna pile it on after halftime as we might get 30 straight runs after the half. Will be interesting to see who is actually playing as if it was anyone substantial it seems like they would have just taken the game off the board.

May check out the 1H line in the am as 24 or less may be worth a look. No way Mack is gonna pile it on after halftime as we might get 30 straight runs after the half. Will be interesting to see who is actually playing as if it was anyone substantial it seems like they would have just taken the game off the board.

Certainly feels like a 2nd half under might be the ticket. Get a big lead and get out healthy you would think be the plan.

Back